AmazonitxLTD Reporter Application!

ethxx.ltd

Level 44
ethxxltd
ethxxltd
Notable

OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)? Please include ALL your alternative accounts:

AmazonitxLTD (Alt and the account I am apply with)
FlintRP (Alt)
DolphinRP (Alt)
ethxxltd (Main)

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
Yes and yes; Amazonitx.ltd

List your timezone and country:
PST/PDT, Dominion of Canada

Describe your activity:
During the school year, I am normally active from 3:30 pm-5:00 pm and 7:00 pm-9:00 pm, during school breaks such as winter, spring or summer I am normally active from 12:00 pm to 12:30-2:00 am. I have also recently begun being active on the forms page.

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):

Librarian Application #2??
https://schoolrp.net/threads/infinitysrp-librarian-application.55149/

Professor Application #2
Accepted, but due to certain things, was unable to participate in the faction.
https://schoolrp.net/threads/drxgsrp-professor-application.61124/

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
There are three main reasons why I am motivated to join the reporter.
1. The first reason is mainly due to my enjoyment for writing! Ever since I started to read, write, and speak, I had always enjoyed telling stories and telling other people’s stories that I had heard. With this past love of writing it also has helped me pick what type of field work I wish to do once I graduate Uni OOCLY (Human Rights at UN and Journalism (Independant))

2. SRP Boredom. Throughout my years on srp I had attempted many career paths, Librarian and professor only, but I consider it many. I did enjoy my time as Librarian, and had quite fun in the faction before later getting banned… But once I came back, I had been feeling empty, and slowly went down this spiral of being bored. With being a reporter I can kill 2 birds with one stone! The first one being the boredom, and second, it being something I enjoy doing (writing)!

3. Community Engagement. With being a reporter, it will allow me to better engage with the SRP community, as I am already semi well known in the animal whitelist community for being very active within animal roleplay situations and for having the only active Dolphin Whitelist on the SRP Server. Along with it, I am somewhat known by quite a few very old EMS workers for my raccoon character, as I would hangout inside the hospital, engage with EMS workers and patients. So I would say I have a pretty good involvement oocly and icly within those communities (Currently only 2 ems workers still know me from that era, and are still active in EMS)

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I do have past experiences with writing, as I have written many short stories in English classes and have had a short story published in a book that was sold across Canada called “High-Flying Kites” which was put together by the “Young writers of Canada”. Along with that I have written many personal things that have been used on SRP, which can be found at the following links:

Google Document

https://sites.google.com/view/everest-family/page?authuser=0
https://sites.google.com/view/everest-family/page_1?authuser=0
https://sites.google.com/view/everest-family/--?authuser=0
https://sites.google.com/view/everest-family/transcript?authuser=0
https://sites.google.com/view/alaska-kipp/home

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
I am aware, and willing to follow the rules provided to me.

Why should we accept you over others?:
I believe that with my past and current writing experience which I have provided, I think i would be a great fit to the team. Along with being a great person to work with, being very understandable and helpful. I can provide nothing but positivity to a group of people!

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.):
I do understand and will make sure my OOCLY and ICLY that my reports do not show any bias.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
I do believe that I will be active and be able to complete the montly quota.

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
Investigating events and being able to describe them in a way that the general public can easily grasp in order to report the truth and keep people informed. It could entail speaking with individuals, posing questions, and having the ability to compile your research and responses into a clear report or message for the general public. Reporters play a considerably larger role in Karakura than most people realize, acting as a link between the ignorant and the knowledgeable.

IC (In-Character) Information:

Full Name:
Saola Everest

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
Ms.

Current Age (25+):
31 years old

Past job/work experience:
Librarian - Karakura, Japan
Activist - Worldwide
United Nations intern - Geneva, Switzerland

Degree/qualifications:
Bachelor of Arts in Human Rights

Nationality and born location:
Nationality: Canadian
Location of Birth: Edmonton Alberta, Canada

Phone Number:
030-742-7529

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
Despite her coming off as rude and what some might say as, narcissistic. She is very determined to figure out how to best help a person or group of people in need of it. She does do stuff that some might call, unorthodox, but despite these flaws, she is an amazing person to know and be friends with.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:

From an international aspect, I am interested in reporting on topics such as corruption in world governments, criminal activity and world conflicts such as the Russian invasion of Ukraine, The North and South Korean war (which is legally still ongoing as of 2024) and the somewhat controversial Palestinian-Israeli war, independence movements such as the independence of Kosovo, the unrecognised state of Transnistria and on environmental topics such as Climate change in which I have written about the Willow Project in Alaska.

In terms of local/national and or just the island of karakura, I would have to say the criminal activity and corruption within the government. Along with nature topics such as the island wildlife and domesticated animals of the island.

My plan on achieving this is by being the best version of myself at all times, wether that be on the clock or off, along with putting all my effort into each article that I write.

I would consider going out of my comfort zone, I already have very limited things I would do that would be outside that zone, but even if I did have something that requried me to step out of it, I would try it and if I do need to step back in, I would do so.

What are your expectations for the job?:
To have caring, kind and respectful relationships with those around me, mainly my coworkers, manager and boss, along with respecting the opinion of those I might be interviewing and/or working along with. And holding no personal bias to a certain topic that I am to be writing about, making sure that I am clear and not siding with anyone to better reach an audience of viewers who can both appreciate and enjoy the article.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
I do not have a criminal record within Japan.

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
(The languages in Blue are SRP and SRP lore (meaning on srp), the ones in Green are my lore)
English
, Japanese, Russian, Inuktitut (replaced with Icelandic), French, including the dialects of Quebecois and Swiss French, Esperanto, Korean, including the dialects for North and South and JSL.

PROMPTS:
You will have to write two reports about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you're found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing players about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

Karakura welcomes our new mayor! But without the public’s say?

A normal day in Karakura turned violent, when the town hall announced the new elected mayor! But the people of Karakura did not elect a new mayor?

Starting at the beginning, Karakura Mayor Uyeda Mieko announced their departure as mayor, and warmly welcomed the city's new mayor after running a 4 year term in office. But how would the citizens of the island take this change? After the gasps and cries from the crowd calling for Uyeda Mieko to stay, newly appointed mayor Takemoto Hideaki thanked the crowd for coming to such a momentous event, as they gave their first speech as mayor, a voice from the crowd could be heard.

“Who even elected you?! And who even are you?!”
Takemoto Hideaki stopped for a moment before resuming, not even a few words passed before they were interrupted again, this time by more voices.

“Ya! We never elected this person!” , “Why should we have you as our mayor? Where is democracy?” and “Why should we only be allowed to elect our Deputy-Mayor? Why not our MAYOR?!”

Despite the now non-stop interruptions, Mayor Hideaki continued their speech just like they practised, addressing the crowd respectfully, ignoring those who are interpreting, and attempting to show everyone a warm, kind and understanding person who they should trust.

After ending their speech, they looked at the crowd of now upset citizen, wanting to calm them down, Mayor Hideaki spoke into the microphone;

“I understand your frustration.” They said, “If I was in your shoe’s, I would be just as upset, not being allowed to elect a mayor must feel deceiving and unjust. But I can assure that I was picked by some of the most respected government official’s, and am willing to listen to all of your concerns about the city to try and make Karakura feel safe and welcoming to all!”
Instead of the calm that they were expecting, it seems the words that Takemoto had said instead caused more of an uproar, with citizen’s yelling, calling for “A democratic election of a mayor.” and “A change in how our government is run!”

Deputy-Mayor Seta Sadao then took the microphone and spoke to the crowd, addressing their concerns and their anger. With it being her second term, she had seen this uproar before. But this time, not expected, it turned violent. The crowd attempted to throw whatever items they could find, trash, bushes, twig’s, causing a complete lockdown at town hall.

During the lockdown, it could be heard from inside the citizens attempting to get past the police presence at the event with citizens yellings and honking the horns of cars parked nearby. With the now violent riot taking place outside many people had turned to the city's gangs for help, with many gang members attacking police, and soon the police retreating inside town hall and calling for backup.

From reports made by bystander’s and reviewed video on nearby CCTV, people began to ram the fence that was separating town hall and the government workers from the general public, with soon after, police officers in riot gear arriving, tear gassing and tasering those involved in the riot.
Within minutes of arriving, the Karakura Police Department had controlled the situation, arresting 27 people, more than half of them being from small and big gang’s.

A statement by town hall was released later that day reading:

“We are glad that the Karakura Police Department arrived as quickly as they did, helping stop the riot taking place outside town hall and keeping the city and its citizens safe from illegal gatherings and gang violence.”

#2 - Interview. It's important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

[A Video recording would begin to play in what seems to be a dark room, with limited lighting]

[Saola Everest would appear on the screen, dimly lit]
[Saola Everest]
“Thank you so much for taking the time to allow me to sit down and interview you.”

[A black shadowy figure would appear and speak with a distorted voice]
[????]
“The pleasure is all mine, I am thankful that you are interested in how truely we operate. Please, let's start this, I am just as excited as you are.”

[The camera would pan back to Saola]
[Saola Everest]
“Oh ok! For sure, my first question is, what is it you do? And what made you pick this path of work?”
(the camera would pan back and forward depending on who is speaking)

[????]
“Well, I am a black market merchant, I sell weapons, and other assortment of items to some of Karakura’s largest gang’s, such as Yamaguchi-gumi, Yakuza and Kodo-kai. The main types of weapon’s I sell to them are guns, Katanas and spiked bats. As for why I picked this line of work? Hmm, that's a great question. I would mainly have to say, to support my family. It's hard to get a good paying job, with a comfortable work schedule in Japan.

[Saola Everest]
“ Oh I get what you mean by that!” Giggles “And wow! You must be famous amongst these groups? Any special perks?”

[????]
Giggles “Surprisingly yes! Since many of these groups have businesses that blend in, I get quite a bit of special treatment. Let's say one of them is a restaurant. I would be able to walk in without reservation, and be treated as if I was a world leader!”

[Saola Everest]
“Wow, sounds like a royal treatment.”

[????]
“It sure feels like it.”

[Saola Everest]
“Next, how do you obtain these items that you sell?”

[????]
“Funny Saola, you and I both know that I can't answer that.”

[Saola Everest]
Would put her hands in the ear by bending her arms “It was worth a shot. You would ask the same question if the roles were reversed in this scenario.”

[????]
“I guess so, I mean, I guess I could say how I use to obtain them, as that connection has been caught by the police already.”

[Saola Everest]
Leaning in “Oh? Please spill.”

[????]
“Before, I would meet the connection on the other side of the island, in the rural area just behind the mountains that are located behind the shopping district and just a 20 minute drive away from the airport. There I would arrive to a semi truck with a shipping container, containing the whole island’s supplies along with the other black market merchants.” A small giggle was let out “It was actually quite funny, we would bid on who got the most items out of it. Somewhat like that American show 'Container Wars.'"

[Saola Everest]
Letting out a short laugh “Oh wow! I wish you guys still did that! I would love to attend one of those with a bucket of popcorn.”

[Saola Everest]
“Now, the hard hitting questions. How do you think crime effect one’s mental health?”

[????]
“Oh, I think that one who is involved with crime can begin to have a negative effect with their mental health, but I don’t think that the ratio is very different when comparing to legal forms of work.

[Saola Everest]
“What about those who attempt to leave? and why don’t you?”

[????]
“I think that the people who leave crime are those who found the life to hard and are just to much of a wuss to deal with the reality of life. And why don’t I? How else can I support my family? My children need a roof over their heads, food in the table, and clothing as well.”

[Saola Everest]
“Do, they know?”

[????]
“No. They do not.”

[Saola Everest]
“What about their mother? Is she aware of your line of work?”

[????]
“She is aware, and supports me a sh*t ton.”

[Saola Everest]
“Have you ever thought that your could one day be arrested?”

[????]
“Every time I see my kids, I do think that Imight not be able to see them. I do sometimes regret working in the Black Market, but it pays good, and I can give my children a great future, where they can go and live comfortably.”

[Saola Everest]
“Such a caring father you are. Wish mine was like you“

[????]
"Did he hurt you? or abandoned you?"

[Saola Everest]
"No he dead."

The room fell into silence

[Saola Everest]
"Anyways, next question. Would you ever revel to your children one day that you were or still are a black market merchant?"

[????]
"I want to, but im afriad that they will look at me differently, like someone who helped those commit horific crimes."

Footsteps and raido chatter could be heard from the distance, a producer would appear on camera, whisper something into Saola’s ear before walking off

[Saola Everest]
“I am so sorry, but we must cut this interview short. It was so nice to meet you, and I hope you get back to your family safely.”

[????]
“The pleasure was all mine, Saola.”

[The Video recording would end]

[OOC]
Additional Information:
I hope everyone who read my reporter application enjoyed it! I try to make my applications really well and well typed out. Along with it I shope you took the time to look at some of my work! I tend to take more of a irl approuch with my lore and I try to make some stuff historically accurate in terms of topics that arent well documented in North American Education system.
This also has to be the most effort I have put into a applicaition with this being 2274 words typed. my hands hurt and my eyes (its 2:32 am)|

I am in the Karakura town hall discord as my account is unbanned from that​

Last edited:

Aania

Level 168
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
ApplicationStuffs.png

After careful discussion with the other members of the faction, we have chosen to accept you:

Please get in touch with me via Discord @ aania to start the process and get you set up!

Welcome to the News Faction! :D

Users who are viewing this thread