GracedDemons
AngelDisgraced - Account I'm applying on
Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
Discord - DisgracedMeows
Yes I do have a working microphone
List your timezone and country:
United States - EST
Describe your activity:
I'm usually on from around 4 pm EST to 11:30 pm EST on the weekdays when I have school however that time will likely be from around 7 pm to 11:30 pm due to having KPD that I need to focus on sometimes. On the weekends my activity changes from 2 pm EST to anywhere from 2-4 am EST but once again because of KPD that's 6 or 7 pm to 2-4 am. A chart of my free hours for the reporter faction will be below​
DatesMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
Weekdays3-4 hours3-4 hours2-4 hours1-4 hours2-3 hours--
Weekends-----5-6 hours4-5 hours
Vacations5-7 hours4-6 hours5-8 hours5-8 hours1-4 hours4-5 hours4-5 hours
Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
https://schoolrp.net/threads/qiu-jing-teacher-application.60469/ - ACCEPTED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/angels-kpd-application.60030/ - ACCEPTED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/graceddemons-first-reporter-application.65574/ - DENIED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/angeldisgraced-counselor-application.64986/ - DENIED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/angeldisgraced-ems-application-2.63881/ - DENIED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/gracedangely-shop-application.63627/ - DENIED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/gracedangel-hospital-application.61816/ - DENIED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/disgracedangel-lore-app.60996/ - DENIED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/zoi-lawyer-application.60437/ - DENIED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/disgracedtreat-event-team-application-1.66529/ - DENIED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/graceddemons-psychiatrist-application-3.65958/ - DENIED
What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
My motivation for applying for the reporter faction is that I’ve always liked writing and found it a small hobby to do on the side of things so I figured applying for a faction would be the best way to expand it my motivation for writing more! I’ve also talked with a couple people in the reporter faction but not many of them and would like to join the faction to get to interact with them more both oocly and icly to learn more about them and the characters they make!
Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
My experiences with writing are that I write in a tailoring server and have currently been a writer for the longest out of every other writer on the server. Usually, the applications I write are over 2000 words. Besides that, I don't have many other experiences which is why I am applying for writer to have a chance to write more and learn how to write even better than better! Usually, KPD doesn't require much typing so I don't get to do it as much as I would like to.
My relationship with writing is pretty good there have been times I went through writer's block pretty often but recently I have found myself wanting to get back into it. I also love typing on my computer as usually I don't have good handwriting but I am able to type much quicker which feels much better than writing in person.
Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
I am aware of and will follow all of the rules provided for the reporter faction.
Why should we accept you over others?:
I believe you should accept me over others because I’m super active on the server and I haven’t been in that many factions through the 5-7 months I’ve been on the server I know there is better applications than mine but I really want to experience the reporter faction and make friends with people inside of it instead of just the people in kpd while also getting more experience in writing
Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
I do understand that I have to stay completely neutral with all of my reports and will keep any OOC or IC bias out of it.
Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
I do trust that unless I'm on inactivity I will be able to stay active and complete all the monthly quota required for the faction.
Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
I believe that the work as a reporter is all about going around town watching everything that happens that could be interesting for a report and using the information that you find to make a detailed report on the event that happened. These reports should always remain neutral and there should be no OOC or IC bias put into the report as reporters are meant to give information that the town can rely on to learn about things that happen around town.
There is also another thing that reporters can do which is interview people this is also meant to remain neutral on the reporter's side and write word for word so that people can learn what happens to see how other people in the town feel about things that happen from a trusted source. Interviews are when you ask someone a bunch of questions about an event or issues going on in the town that people would find interesting to read.
Overall the reporter faction is meant to be the trusted source of news in Karakura and breaking the rule of staying neutral can lead to you being removed or demoted in the faction which nobody wants. Reporters are known to be trustworthy in the town and their reports should usually be interesting and unique to read not just boring repetitive things that people have already read before and wouldn't care about. You are expected to write your reports and interviews instead of copying what someone else has already done.
IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:
Sylvie Montague
Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
Miss
Current Age (25+):
Past job/work experience:
I currently have no past job experience that would be important to mention apologies I had a difficult time in my early life getting a job!
Degree/qualifications:
I have a master's degree in Journalism I apologize if more is needed but Journalism was always something I loved!
Nationality and born location:
French, Born in Nice, France
Phone Number:
030-287-0379

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
I would describe myself as a shy and apologetic person, unfortunately, I'm not very good with day-to-day conversations, I'm normally awkward, and I'm always worried that I say the wrong things most of the time.. Despite so, behind my outer shell, I'm a really kind person and I don't let my shyness stop me from helping anyone in need. And, I'm always happy with an optimistic outlook in life, I could safely say that it's a rare sight to see me without a smile, unless.. I get myself involved in my twin brother's 'malicious' schemes, he is always up to something no good, and I don't want any part in it. Additionally, I'm not typically the person to wear anything showing too much skin, I don't really like standing out, the fewer people to know about me the better.
What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
Most things I enjoy writing about are things that don't involve me talking to people and I love writing about the state of the place I live in through how easy travel is I do not like doing risky things that put my life in danger or things that involve talking to people a bunch. But I would be willing to step out of my comfort zone if it was needed for a report and most of the time I'm forced to step out of my comfort zone anyway by my twin brother who is the opposite of me when it comes to reports.
What are your expectations for the job?:
My expectations for this job are simple! I just expect it to be a mostly relaxed job where I can go around town looking for interesting things to make reports about or occasionally interview people in the town on things that happen. I find what happens in this city to be super interesting and that there is almost always something to write about!
Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
I do not have a criminal record. I would never break the law and get caught like that I'm a good person and I would have even more fear talking to people if I had been caught for a crime. In fact, if I ever got arrested for committing a crime I would probably break down crying in the cells unable to do anything with myself because I'm too good of a person to handle being arrested like that.
Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Japanese, French
PROMPTS:
You will have to write two reports about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your report idea. (If you're found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing players about an event or significant issues to Karakura.
General Report - Tailoring services, the uprise and trends
[!] There would be a small page posted online showing each page of the report
Screenshot (3981).png
Screenshot (3982).png

Screenshot (3984).png
Screenshot (3985).png
Screenshot (3986).png
Screenshot (3987).png

#2 - Interview. It's important to have well-rounded questions. Create your interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.
Interview - Owning a tailoring service the positives and negatives.
[!] At the very end of the report there would be an audio clip recording an interview between two voices [!]
[!] There would be a small click of a recorder before the female voice started [!]
??? - "Hello this is reporter Sylvie Montague, what is your name?"

[!] This voice would sound different than the other as a different female voice started speaking not sounding very excited[!]
??? - "My name is Katie Martinez, so glad to be here today."

Sylvie Montague - "Glad to meet you, Katie Martinez, I'm going to ask you a couple of questions if you don't mind! You work as a writer in a tailoring industry, correct?"

Katie Martinez - "Yes I do, It's a small job that I mostly do part-time."

Sylvie Montague - "Perfect! So you say it's a part-time job is there any in-person part of this job that you have to do or is it all online?"

Katie Martinez - "It's almost all online there is only one in-person part and that's collecting the money when an order is completed.

Sylvie Montague - "What did you do to get the job did you have to do an interview or submit an application."

Katie Martinez - "I had to write it online because there is no direct building to have an interview at."

Sylvie Montague - "Understandable, and does this job pay well at all?"

Katie Martinez - "It usually doesn't get too much money as a writer but I don't know about the other jobs they probably make more than me and I rarely write now"

[!] The recording would speed up as if skipping ahead to another part [!]

Sylvie Montague - "Do you ever interact with the other people who work for the business?

Katie Martinez - "Not usually, no but if I ever order an outfit I usually go to one of them but outside of ordering from each other we rarely interact with each other for the business"

Sylvie Montague - "I see, after people order from you and pay do you stick around to talk much or just leave right after?"

Katie Martinez - "No I do not there isn't much of a reason to stay and talk after they are just a customer and not a friend so I have no reason to hang out with them after"

Sylvie Montague - "Do you ever worry about people not paying after you spent a bunch of time working on it"

Katie Martinez - "I mean yeah I do usually worry but most of the time they have the money to pay and if they don't I give them at least 3 days and none of my stuff is super expensive so if they aren't able to afford it by then then I'll probably be upset then forget in a couple of days"

[!] It would speed up one last time before heading into the last part of the interview [!]
Sylvie Montague - "Alright, the last section of the interview thank you for your time today! Do you find this job to be stressful at all?"

Katie Martinez - "A little bit as I said before in the interview it's mostly a side job that I don't do too often or focus on that much and because writer isn't nearly as important as tailoring to the server I don't have to reach any certain amount of quota per month. It can get a little bit stressful getting an order and having to write all the stuff for it"

Sylvie Montague - "I understand it sounds like you don't spend too much time on this as you would a normal job. Alright thank you for your time today I just have one last question before we end this interview today. Would you recommend being a writer or having a job in the tailoring industry to anyone else"

Katie Martinez - "If they are good at it and enjoy doing it then of course I would it could also be a good learning experience for those that do not have much practice in having a job However, there are times when it can get a little bit overwhelming having to deal with multiple orders at once but if you don't over think it too much it's a mostly calm job."

Sylvie Montague - Alright thank you for your time today! That will be all I'm glad you were willing to share what it was like for you being a writer I'm sure other people have other experiences but I'm glad to hear yours and I'm sure so will the people listening to this
[!] As that was said the recorder was quickly clicked off as the recording ended. [!]

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
deniedapplications.png

We appreciate the time and effort you put into applying - however, you have not been accepted this time around.
Please DM @ aania on Discord if you have any queries about the application

You are free to re-apply at any point in time!

Users who are viewing this thread