mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Ban GangRP

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
It has high crime rate.. And Mafia, bar gangs, many crimes... Chicago is basically a TV show

Anyways, don't really have to argue this suggestion is really just- bad... Even if all your points were valid and boosted they're not going to just be like.. Oh, okay, remove GangRP.. There's alot more to it and it's be difficult to remove it by now. Crime discord, weapon customs, rules that used alot of stress and work and been worked on since 2016 with suggestions, a big percentage of the community being involved with the category, etc.
...have you actually been to Chicago? @DxddyVibez you deal with this I don't have the mental capacity

pashy

Level 183
...have you actually been to Chicago? @DxddyVibez you deal with this I don't have the mental capacity
No but that's far to my knowledge and what I heard... I'm not trying to accuse or like- you get it I'm speaking based on knowledge :| it does have a high crime rate.. I believe it's the highest in United States

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
No but that's far to my knowledge and what I heard... I'm not trying to accuse or like- you get it I'm speaking based on knowledge :| it does have a high crime rate.. I believe it's the highest in United States
Dear lord what is the news saying now....

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
gangrp is trash but getting rid of it would just be getting rid of a number of players, which doesn't make any sense.

so -1 wont happen lol

Morke

Level 38
lMorek
lMorek
Rich
Also one more point, the yakuza still continues to have a huge impact on the economy and politics of Japan, it'd be unrealistic to NOT have one. The yakuza don't kill, especially not civilians. I don't know where you got the murder stuff from.
There are many conflicts, but murders do not happen EVERY day.

pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
as much as i hate gang rp, not taking a second 2 even tihnk about 'realism ' and shit

literally half the server (exaggeration please do not come up and tell me that half the server does or does not idc) gangrps, its not really something u can just get rid of and still expect the same player base / activity on the server if it was removed

saying that a lot of rule breaking happens with gangrp... a lot of rule breaking happens in general, rules are broken thats why staff warn and ban people

and its not really my business on how event team runs since i havent been on it in over a year but if u would like to see different types of events, talk to the event team!!!!! give them ur ideas, people sent us ideas all of the time (when i was on the team over a year ago AGAIN IDK HOW IT GOES ABOUT NOW), join a school club, plan events through that club, heck, even MAKE A CLUB ! plan events through ur own club, give ideas to the slt, MAKE AN EVENT SUGGESTION OVER THE FORUMS!! just dont like.. sit around saying that u do not like all of the gangrp related events and then give any ideas abt what u would want to see...................

finalllyyy, a separate cityrp server from schoolrp would fail miserably sorry 2 burst bubbles bc thats literally all on srp already, government roless... adult jobs,, city life....... no point 2 make it separate, school rp is just city in japan with mostly school based roleplay featuring city life.... main reason why fantasyrp is so successful (love u FRP) is bc its cool and new and is completely dif from the idea of School rp

thats all i ahev 2 say bye

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
Realism is a poor argument for this, remember that as much as SOME realism is good.. karakura is a fictional city, were roleplaying because it *is* unrealistic to some degree and that's okay!!! Being too realistic is super lame and ruins the fun.

If people think games like Yakuza 0 or books like The Outsiders, it makes perfect sense to say "hey it'd be cool to have my character be like these guys!" It's *interesting* to have your character secretly be in the Yakuza, a gang, etc.

Edit because I found better words: Some realism is good, too much realism is suffocating when it comes to roleplays.

callumㅤ

Level 50
Sentonium
Sentonium
Omega
overall this is more of a community implementation type of thing, if you don’t want as many failrpers try educating the nitwits who don’t know the rules, i think gangrp would be so much better if it was more business and professional. there shouldn’t have to be ruled implemented when it’s the community itself

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
I do think the current way of GangRP has flaws in it but it should definitely not be removed,
An example of something that is in my opinion too unrealistic/flawed:
yesterday I was just at spawn and saw someone get stabbed, as this happens regularly no one will react realistically to it.

GangRP itself isn't really the issue however due to a combination of the partly flawed combat system, trollish players who participate in gangrp, the players whose primary goal is to kill off other characters and complicated rules about permissions GangRP tend to get toxic and turns into an argument or things like the example above happen. If we could find a way to solve those other issues related to GangRP I believe that GangRP could be fun for more people as well.

Maysi

Level 8
Maysi
Maysi
Fundraiser+

It is true that GangRP is significantly worse than what it used to be. Players, new or old, treat a game based on writing and character creation more like a PvP server, making sure any permissions they get do not go to 'waste'. But, just because they don't spend time to think about their characters' motives doesn't mean the whole genre of roleplay should be removed.

For me, I spent a good one and a half years playing as student characters who didn't even engage in crime all too often. I did play the server for what, you could say, was its main purpose: school. This grew boring. I no longer enjoyed the environment so I branched out to city factions, had fun there and left. Now I have an adult role, but I joined the Yakuza and have had the most fun I've ever had.

Everyone has different interests, you can't try and take this away from people who enjoy playing criminals. The police will have no enemies if we wipe the server from GangRP and the EMS will have no throats to save! I get it's laughable to see eighteen-year-olds in gangs, running around like serial killers with absolutely no IC reason or proper backstory, but this is just a problem with the players and not the genre of roleplay itself. It can be fixed if people want to fix it.

tobbby

Level 277
mrbug_
mrbug_
Rich
I'd just like to point out, that this has been attempted several times. It's almost impossible! GangRP can cause issues, but it gives lore to the servers. Due to how long it's been a thing, there's absolutely no way it'll be accepted

...Or maybe we can just ship all of them to france, we do have the map.
hello larry mc gay

Users who are viewing this thread