mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Ban GangRP

Minobu

Level 218
Minobu
Minobu
Notable+
This would topple not only crime, but Government, EMS, and Police Faction. Additionally, many people would lose things they have paid for via customs, ranks are easy to change across all network players, but customs is a manual process done by a limited part of the server on the Modeling-Team.

Alongside, this would also result in the removal of students being able to fight each other in school. A gang of people can be grouped as just a small group of people doing an act that isn't legal; Removing "GangRP" would have to come with removing "CombatRP" otherwise people wouldn't be able to do things Jock-Wise as well, impeding the school-faction to some degree.

For example, have football players gang up and harm another student because it's to fill into the hierarchy of having a rude or bully-like character known as a jock, it's no different from 5 people harming someone and knocking them out for the sake of a gang. Sure, there are some people who don't detail it out to the degree that others would like; though that's a matter of the player, not the "gang" itself.

Sure, there may be a complicated workaround to allowed combat & whatnot, but it may end up creating an incomprehensive unfair system for the students at the school.

As Prosthetics stated, this is likely to never happen; though it will be reviewed with the remaining of the Staff-Team.

Last edited:

Iphone76

Level 97
Iphone76
Iphone76
Omega
If they got rid of gangrp making weapons ultimately useless I would lose hundreds of dollars worth of customs

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
Whitelist and/or making plaza a safezone:

One more thing I'd like to add onto this
Maybe not remove gangRP... But rather make it whitelisted?

Just think about it, if you refuse to seriousRP or realisticRP, then staff can simply remove them from the whitelist, and they can have their own "How did your character become a criminal?" In a forum application for GangRP.

Another thing I'd like to add onto this, is making plaza a safe-zone possibly. Since many players join, and usually are AFK at plaza, typically doing something irl while waiting for the texture pack to load. And not to mention, there's tons of gang-related activity going on there, and it's awful how almost every 5 seconds, something insane just has to happen. Maybe forcing no gangRP related activity in the plaza would solve this problem.
We had plaza be a safe zone before. It got boring because nothing ever happened there. I agree that we should just have gangrp become whitelist. If it don’t work out we can always revert back to have people go wild. I don’t see that much of an issue with making an app

Ecocide

Level 32
3Eco
3Eco
Omega+
I think you should change your suggestion to be "add more ic reason to gangrp" you already need more ic reason to use kps just add that for all the perms and have them define other rules better

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
you say 'ban gangrp' but you actively took part in it with me on ur professor by telling me to go beat up some random u literally passed me perms to do so

(hi maria)

also gangrp don't needa be banned i have like multiple thinigies about how the community portrays it to be worse then it is mo9st of the 'bad' gangrpers dnt even rp no more or went kpd (the few that acc cld)

shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+
reporting doesnt effect them- they are gonna do it again
more or less, it still informs staff members. you have to understand staff members have a bunch of stuff to handle as in, they are trying their hardest. continuous reporting, even if it gets repetitive, will help

Emiyo | Layla

Level 37

Just think about it, if you refuse to seriousRP or realisticRP, then staff can simply remove them from the whitelist, and they can have their own "How did your character become a criminal?" In a forum application for GangRP.

Another thing I'd like to add onto this, is making plaza a safe-zone possibly. Since many players join, and usually are AFK at plaza, typically doing something irl while waiting for the texture pack to load. And not to mention, there's tons of gang-related activity going on there, and it's awful how almost every 5 seconds, something insane just has to happen. Maybe forcing no gangRP related activity in the plaza would solve this problem.
+1 i agree on this

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
Alright folks, dropping in at the 5th page of this hilarious amazing disaster of a post [i love u phayzr/p]
my opinion? no idea honestly! I don't think removing the entirety of gangrp from the server will go over well, even, no matter, because of the amount of playerbase attached to it, and how ingrained it is into the entirety of the server itself.
Because of how closely related and attached gangrp is related to schoolrp, I don't think it would even be possible to remove gangrp, let alone the people wanting to.
However, there are fundamental flaws with the existence of gangrp to begin with, which I think I'll get into.

[keep in mind this is going to be a decent amount of my emotions and feelings, and may not be objective facts when it comes to the matter [and also wackaroonie because I'm cool like that]]

The most glaring problem, in my opinion, is how schoolrp is demonstrated. To clarify, schoolrp, from the outside, seems particularly child and parent-friendly, you know, being on a minecraft server [which, weirdly, people seem to forget when discussing it] and seemingly taking some inspirations and may even feel marketed towards those people that watch those minecraft school roleplay things people used to watch when they were younger that were clearly targetted towards younger children. The server didn't even allow swearing until recently, which only really disables the filter if you are aware of the command, I believe. The forum page is bright, colorful and friendly, and inviting, as well as relatively easy to utilize. However, when you join this server, literally nothing is stopping you from reading someone's in-depth murder out of nowhere, despite how child-friendly it might seem from the outside at first. Imagine how jarring it would be to join a server called schoolrp as some kid who wanted to have the same adventures as some of the YouTubers they watch through their white-haired two different colored eyes wolf boy OC and spend some time on the server and adjusting in preparation to make friends, nothing is preventing that kid from witnessing anything. Especially with these famously unconventional murders in the center of the plaza for all to see if you might have the misfortune of passing by, hell, I've witnessed people throwing characters' dismembered limbs around after majoring someone [WHICH IS... INCREDIBLY JARRING?? AND REALLY DISTURBING WHY DOES NOBODY EVER BRING UP HOW INANE THIS IS? I GET IT'S KINDA RARE, BUT.... WHAT.] at least on several different occasions on the server, and I fear nothing is preventing those who've recently joined from witnessing something similar.
Nothing is also stopping individuals from being randomly threatened with weapons, and, putting myself in a kid's shoes, of course, I would freak out in that situation and want my character to fight back, only to face extreme consequences on a character that may be extremely important to me, but for whatever reason, individuals on the server seem incredibly infatuated with blaming the people facing these consequences for their actually fairly reasonable actions because they didn't read the rules, which feels incredibly foolish in its implications. Are some of these situations a little bit unlikely? yes, obviously, but that does not mean whatsoever they should be ignored by the playerbase, or even the mods and admins. Hell, this server has a built-in BLACK MARKET SYSTEM???

On another note, the presence of Gangrp absolutely unsurprisingly will breed toxicity within the server, because of course it is? Nobody is going to be jazzed-out and delighted over having their character, which they've been working on for god knows how long and may have genuinely fallen in love with. murdered for some off-handed abrupt situation, despite if they were working on an in-depth storyline for said character or not. Why is anyone ever surprised over toxicity because of this? Yes, in some situations it is understandable why your character is killed, and perms-wise, it may be viable, but in a good amount of the situations I've witnessed over the past few years, to my friends, it rarely ever is actually a good reason to be murdered. I've seen friends be murdered countless times, for trying to save their other friend, mostly, which is undeniably super fucking tragic.

Personally, I don't see the reasons why a gangrp sub-community was introduced and allowed at all and allowed to be developed over time, and I haven't for years, let alone the admin's and mod's participation within it. hell, in-character jobs and various things around the server have been developed around it, yknow? So, it'd be basically impossible to remove anyways without the entirety of a server revamp from how closely entwined it is with absolutely everything. And as much as I'd love to be in support of it's removal, I can't be, because it's simply impossible. And to be honest I'm too tired to include possibilities of fixing this in my post as well lol so have fun w this
anyways who wanna gangrp w me teehee xd <3

Last edited:

Mark 9:42

Level 19
you say 'ban gangrp' but you actively took part in it with me on ur professor by telling me to go beat up some random u literally passed me perms to do so

(hi maria)

also gangrp don't needa be banned i have like multiple thinigies about how the community portrays it to be worse then it is mo9st of the 'bad' gangrpers dnt even rp no more or went kpd (the few that acc cld)
Dm me on discord. I have no recollection of this and now I'm kinda curious lmao. I didn't intend to pass any form of permission

Mark 9:42

Level 19

I like this suggestion a lot.

Again, I hope you are all reading the replies. The suggestion has evolved past "Ban GangRP". I will not edit my original post further to preserve the evolution of the conversation.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
On an additional note, we don't really intend to have a "whitelist", since it was suggested some time ago and it was denied (not to mention that it would be incredibly hard to monitor). Nonetheless, we do have a blacklist that we can use against individuals who have shown no progress at trying to become a better roleplayer (mainly in terms of GangRP)​

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Adding to what Yonio and Shishi said: if you don't report rulebreakers we won't be able to fix the problem.
Players can get blacklisted on all kinds of RP, Gang RP being included as well.​

dão aula e olham tudo

Level 13
rottenspits
rottenspits
Rich
Absolutely not.

GangRP is currently in a process of change (as you've probably noticed), mostly because the old generation of toxic players is gone due to the most toxic gangs on the server being disbanded, even though some of those toxic people are opening new gangs to replace the toxic disbanded ones, you can still see other gangs, which are led by players who have an actual good reputation amongst the community, growing incredibly fast. Unlike it was a few months ago, the biggest gangs on the server aren't the most toxic ones anymore, but gangs that actually enforce SRP rules within its own members, and, in my opinion, this is the main step to fix GangRP; gangs which higher-ups enforce the rules within their gang.

However, while people are allowed to open their own gangs with little to no supervision, while the staff's Gang Team is composed of only one staff member, and while countless toxic gangs are allowed to harbor players with horrible reputation amongst their member rosters, (edit: and while we have children who take a blocky game too seriously) the GangRP scene is unlikely to change.

Although the GangRP's environment is in a process of change, there are still a lot of players who enforce the bad and toxic reputation that GangRP has in the community. But still, banning GangRP isn't the solution, and will never happen.

Last edited:

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
Absolutely not.

GangRP is currently in a process of change (as you've probably noticed), mostly because the old generation of toxic players is gone due to the most toxic gangs on the server being disbanded, even though some of those toxic people are opening new gangs to replace the toxic disbanded ones, you can still see other gangs, which are led by players who have an actual good reputation amongst the community, growing incredibly fast. Unlike it was a few months ago, the biggest gangs on the server aren't the most toxic ones anymore, but gangs that actually enforce SRP rules within its own members, and, in my opinion, this is the main step to fix GangRP; gangs which higher-ups enforce the rules within their gang.

However, while people are allowed to open their own gangs with little to no supervision, while the staff's Gang Team is composed of only one staff member, and while countless toxic gangs are allowed to harbor players with horrible reputation amongst their member rosters, (edit: and while we have children who take a blocky game too seriously) the GangRP scene is unlikely to change.

Although the GangRP's environment is in a process of change, there are still a lot of players who enforce the bad and toxic reputation that GangRP has in the community. But still, banning GangRP isn't the solution, and will never happen.
i am the latest member of staff gang team (my name is minustempo i am min0obujr)

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Well take it from this perspective. Someone who is engulfed in the sports faction or council faction hardly even notices GangRP going on. You have to be in a certain faction to recognize or see that GangRP is there. And that's one of the beauties of SRP. You can be a college basketball player and never come face to face with someone holding a cleaver, or you could be an adult tag Yakuza member and never come face to face with someone of the sports faction. It's all about how you wish to view the server. I believe there's a balance to SRP. That which makes it stand out from every other roleplay server there is. Each faction has their own function. So you could technically go and say the exact same things, make the exact same points of any other faction that you would in the crime section. You can make an alternative server for those who wish to just participate and be lawyers for example.

My point is, you remove one faction, and every other faction is thrown off balance. And some factions don't even require you to have a single glance towards "GangRP". It's all about how you view it. The crime faction corresponds to the police and hospital factions, just like the college/student factions correspond to the teacher/professor factions. You cannot have one without the other. Hence why this suggestion regarding the removal of GangRP would never get accepted.

Last edited:

dayywalker

Level 11
dayywalker
dayywalker
Notable
-1 In my opinion. Yeah gangrp is kinda unrealistic, instead of getting rid of it why don't we just revamp it. It would do more harm to the community to get rid of it as a whole than just letting it stay. I think a whole remake of perm rules and making them much more strict would be better than removing it.

Teikko

Level 7
Teikko
Teikko
Notable
Bro u guys don't see the genius in this, I say why stop at GangRP, why not get rid of ALL the factions, stinky teachers tryna make me learn stuff those stinky Police Officers, couldn't be me I hate them especially frickin pigs. Bro get rid of teams too! Stinky jocks, they are stinky stankers, bro those captains are the biggest nerds of them all, imagine being a captain, like bruuuuhh get a life nerd

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
Bro u guys don't see the genius in this, I say why stop at GangRP, why not get rid of ALL the factions, stinky teachers tryna make me learn stuff those stinky Police Officers, couldn't be me I hate them especially frickin pigs. Bro get rid of teams too! Stinky jocks, they are stinky stankers, bro those captains are the biggest nerds of them all, imagine being a captain, like bruuuuhh get a life nerd
+1 just delete the whole server in the process

Users who are viewing this thread