mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Compensation for commands broken

SIMPL3Z

Level 110
Community Team
Lore Team
Again, this isn't real life. It wouldn't make the yen less valuable, unless we have some sort of uprising with shop owners. BMD's always have the same money. Yen is always going to be spawned in, as every 30 minutes, with an average of 200 players online, thats 200 thousand yen, being put into the economy. What they could do, is put out a limited time code - and perhaps post it to the starting message, which grants the user 10,000 yen. It seems reasonable, as the code would only be active for around 2 days, and it would just progress the economy around 5 hours of playtime - assuming you are a g-12 - , which is less than most people have played during this downtime of /rewards, and the daily rewards man. Then, greenies who did not like playing during this time, could have some money to use from the past time. Shop owners wouldn't raise prices, as its a one time 10,000 yen boost, and isn't going to mess with the economy that much, as it would be around ~1 million yen given out, assuming 1000 people used the code during this time. Some cars are more expensive than that, and it would help out new players a lot, given that most can't use /feed, or were saving up towards a new item they wanted. I'm not stating that they should raise the allowance per 30 minutes, as that would cause some inflation, but a 1 time thing would be more of a stimulus check, for missed payments. Yen gets taken out of the economy, throughout various things, such as buying cars, black market supply drops, and vending machine, NPC ran shops, and so much more. It would help the economy, a little bit, as no one would be raising prices for such a relatively medium one time drop, but newer players could have a bit of a better experience after the past days we've had without the basic money grants. Rich people on the server wouldn't care about this amount, and would consider it as a minor event, but greenies, g 10, 11s, and newer grade 12s would appreciate and or benefit from this a lot. I'm not asking for some out of proportioned amazing yen boost, like 50-100k, just a ease of life benefit. Another option we could take, is giving out a nice cosmetic, for a limited time. That would be equivalent to the 10,000 yen, and would mess with the economy even less, as everyone who was active would have it, and there would be no demand as the supply was given to everyone. Again, this is mostly for newer players. I've had around 4 greenies ask for money loocly, as they couldn't afford the vending machines. Just a jumpstart, while the devs work on fixing the plugins, and the players can relax for a bit.

Yeah, this server isn't real life, but it is a player-ran economy, a player-ran economy by real people, so it simulates a real-life economy. Inflation very much exists in our little world of SRP.

But no, you're right. A 10,000 one-time reward wouldn't do much, but that wasn't the example I made. And you also have to imagine that maybe not everyone is content with a one-time 10,000 reward. That is why paying compensation with IC yen is a difficult process, especially if you want to,—as the original suggestion suggested—"Helps out the economy for the playtime we had but didn’t get our benefits for." - meaning you calculate (somehow) the playtime and missed rewards, etc etc.

It's a whole ordeal

NikTalks

Level 29
DioSamaa
DioSamaa
Fundraiser+
Yeah, this server isn't real life, but it is a player-ran economy, a player-ran economy by real people, so it simulates a real-life economy. Inflation very much exists in our little world of SRP.

But no, you're right. A 10,000 one-time reward wouldn't do much, but that wasn't the example I made. And you also have to imagine that maybe not everyone is content with a one-time 10,000 reward. That is why paying compensation with IC yen is a difficult process, especially if you want to,—as the original suggestion suggested—"Helps out the economy for the playtime we had but didn’t get our benefits for." - meaning you calculate (somehow) the playtime and missed rewards, etc etc.

It's a whole ordeal
Again, this is mostly to combat the newer player food issue, and it doesnt have to make you content. It just needs to solve the current crisis of non f+ players. If we want compensation, i would think an item would be more fitting.

NikTalks

Level 29
DioSamaa
DioSamaa
Fundraiser+
correction - the 10,000 yen is compensation, just not in the sense of reward, more of to lessen the flame of the plugins not working.

fredtastic

Level 15
Community Team
Event Team
fredtastic
fredtastic
Omega+
+1

Like Yonio and Simplez said, I don't believe money should be given as a compensation. I do think it would be nice for players to recieve a little something. A special custom item could be given or attributes could be boosted x2/x3 for a few weeks as compensation for the frustration that came with the broken plugins.

Edit: For the food problem of the players with a lower income, I'm certain the event team could plan out some community events to help out the new players. Food could be given during some kind of soup kitchen flash events. Charity people, charity :)

NikTalks

Level 29
DioSamaa
DioSamaa
Fundraiser+
+1

Like Yonio and Simplez said, I don't believe money should be given as a compensation. I do think it would be nice for players to recieve a little something. A special custom item could be given or attributes could be boosted x2/x3 for a few weeks as compensation for the frustration that came with the broken plugins.

Edit: For the food problem of the players with a lower income, I'm certain the event team could plan out some community events to help out the new players. Food could be given during some kind of soup kitchen flash events. Charity people, charity :)
I agree, that does seem nice. Attributes would help newer players, and less the rich. as the rich were less affected, and the newer players were more affected. The soup kitchen flash events would also be nice for them, and they could maybe give out 3-5 items, like the lunch ones at school time, to last throughout the night?

Miamorchito

Level 37
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
+1

Although I agree with the premise of Simplez related to inflation, the situation in SRP's economy when it comes to the injection of money literally has little to no impact. If that were the case, things would be ten times more expensive by now, which is basically false. We are more than capable of providing monetary compensation if that were the case.

I will not go into detail on the impacts of the rollback for some players, nor the impacts of the plugins for others. However, it would be reasonable for the players to ask for some sort of compensation, either monetary, by attributes, or something extra. And once again, this will leave to little impact to the so-called economy (This is not a real economy)

Joe.exe

Level 52
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
+1

I don't have any profession now, I don't have any skills that can earn in-game currency, and I don't think I have an obligation to learn skills that can earn in-game currency. There are not a few players like me. I think they account for at least half of the total number of players. The only way they get money is /rewards and the 1000 yen allowance every 30 minutes. /vote has been broken for a long time and cannot be used.
This is the reward that players should get, but the function has not worked for several days in a row. I have no offense to the staff, they work hard, but I think players should be compensated.
For example, I:
/rewards, every seven days is a cycle, every seven days I can get
500+1000+1500+2000+2500+3000+5000=15500 yen
4 cycles per month, a total of 15500*4=62000 yen
I am very busy, I can only be online for about 2 hours on Saturdays and Sundays (maybe shorter), a total of 2*4*4000=32000 yen
I need to pay 50000 yen in rent every month, and the remaining about 40000 yen is for items I may need to buy and things to do for friends. I really don’t have any money left, so I need money!

NikTalks

Level 29
DioSamaa
DioSamaa
Fundraiser+
+1

Although I agree with the premise of Simplez related to inflation, the situation in SRP's economy when it comes to the injection of money literally has little to no impact. If that were the case, things would be ten times more expensive by now, which is basically false. We are more than capable of providing monetary compensation if that were the case.

I will not go into detail on the impacts of the rollback for some players, nor the impacts of the plugins for others. However, it would be reasonable for the players to ask for some sort of compensation, either monetary, by attributes, or something extra. And once again, this will leave to little impact to the so-called economy (This is not a real economy)
ah, this is what i was trying to explain lol...

CriminalRP

Level 13
CriminalRP
CriminalRP
Notable
1+
I was heavily affected by these bugs and its doing me no good when I need tons of money. Me relying on auction, fishing, and allowance for cash heavily damaged my money and my ability to pay my rent on this server

I believe other people mainly newer players were affected by this too and even people without jobs. There should be a small compensation or a temporary increase in allowance rates or maybe a 2x temporary money increase.

If we fix these bugs and give items or compensation money to other players for this problem but not enough to destroy the economy further than beyond repair if thats happened then the community would be happy about the fixes.

Inflation and other economic factors make me think we should limit compensation money but we should still get a decent amount for our troubles of getting cash.

Users who are viewing this thread