mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Feedback Regarding Adult Role

toranekos

Level 79
vbztr
vbztr
Rich+

There are a few reasons as to why this would not be a very good idea.

[1] "SchoolRP"

As you have noticed in the name, the server is called SchoolRP due to it's focus on student roleplay. We are immediately given a student role upon joining the server and recieve plenty of opportunities to roleplay this out. It's obvious that the server's intention is not to stray to "CityRP" - considering the mass removal of roles in the past because the school faction was not as active as imagined. It wouldn't really makes sense for an adult rank to be so obtainable.

[2] Effort

I think that this the rules for receiving the adult tag are pretty just. To receive the adult role, you must have been in a faction with said role for more or less 2 months -- and active. Why should you receive the role if you haven't been putting in the appropriate effort to maintain it, or have just joined it only to leave? Imagine how many people would apply for roles just to take up space for a week or so, then leave, for the adult tag. It is a privilege granted to people who are receiving a tag long-term, and willing to work to maintain it.

To conclude. I believe that there's no problem with how it is now. If the adult role was so easily obtainable, the server would lose it's purpose and simply turn into CityRP.

6Pancake

Level 227
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Authorization Team
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+

Regarding this suggestion, I believe the current system in place works fine as it is, if someone is unhappy in their faction, there's no saying that they can't just graduate into college and follow the progression timeline that's already been mentioned, or there's nothing stopping them from applying into a faction they would be happier working in.

And you don't always have to void your character progression if you are sent back down to your previous role after quitting the faction, you can always just shelve your character until you have the chance to become an adult! This obviously isn't really the greatest option for most people that enjoy playing their characters, but it makes the most sense in terms of not wanting to void any relationships or backstory features because of being sent down.

TLDR; You can always shelve a character if you don't receive the adult role when you quit your job.

Polar

Level 101
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
Shelv

Regarding this suggestion, I believe the current system in place works fine as it is, if someone is unhappy in their faction, there's no saying that they can't just graduate into college and follow the progression timeline that's already been mentioned, or there's nothing stopping them from applying into a faction they would be happier working in.

And you don't always have to void your character progression if you are sent back down to your previous role after quitting the faction, you can always just shelve your character until you have the chance to become an adult! This obviously isn't really the greatest option for most people that enjoy playing their characters, but it makes the most sense in terms of not wanting to void any relationships or backstory features because of being sent down.

TLDR; You can always shelve a character if you don't receive the adult role when you quit your job.
Shelving a character makes no sense this there is literally no guarantee that you'll even use it back due to the adult role being so difficult to obtain

toranekos

Level 79
vbztr
vbztr
Rich+
Shelv

Shelving a character makes no sense this there is literally no guarantee that you'll even use it back due to the adult role being so difficult to obtain
It's not even that difficult. Stay active for 2-3 months and that's it. Most roles require a certain quota too.. So you could do the bare minimum and get it.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
IGN: PhayZr
DATE: 7/21/2020
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I believe the Adult role is too difficult to obtain and the requirements to receive the role are unrealistic. The current requirements as stated in the School faction handbook are:

This means should a character resign/get fired before their two months OR their work was deemed insufficient to receive the role, will have to void any and all character development they have created during that time. The magnitude of that void would depend on the character's situations/relationships and the story they have developed. I'll use an example of this kind of situation that has happened to a friend of mine fairly recently.
I believe it's worth noting that this particular situation has tempted her to quit SRP as a whole:

I’ve got a friend (IGN ToasterBunz) who’s been working as an EMS surgeon (Known as Keiki) for a month now and has been severely stressed from it to the point that it’s actually taxing her mentally. She'd like to quit and receive the adult role since she no longer gets enjoyment from playing SRP. However, when we asked OOC'ly if she could receive the adult role if she quit, we were told she wasn't eligible and would be sent back to grade 12. If Keiki were to be sent back to grade 12, all of her interactions and affiliations she's created while being an adult would be voided, as well as another player's entire character. A friend of ours has been developing her character as Keiki's daughter. Not to mention Kei's husband (My character) would never have met her since I have no intention of being sent back to grade 12 as a teacher. Her entire history as a character would essentially be voided, removing all of the character development she and her peers have worked so hard to create. A void that drastic would unrealistically change the history and personalities of countless characters as well as voiding someone else's character entirely without their consent. Her other option is staying in EMS, which is causing her unnecessary mental stress, which is beginning to do mental damage to her in the real world due to her severe anxiety. It's simply not an option to let a block game cause this much stress.

I know the administration on SRP strives to keep things realistic on the server. I've had those rules enforced on me personally when staff removed all my balcony decorations due to their unrealistic nature. However, It is not unrealistic to see people in the real world attempt a career and drop it soon after. Usually because of interest changes, needing another way to meet their needs, etc. So voids that are this drastic are completely unrealistic when compared to simply allowing those characters to continue their stories as Adults.

I do believe it would be nice for someone to be eligible to receive an adult role at any time they decide to quit from their faction. However, I do know that people who just want the adult role would abuse that kind of system by just joining a faction, then quitting shortly thereafter. This leads me to a solution I believe is a good middle ground that can help preserve a character's storyline without this proposed system being abused.

My Proposed Solution:
The adult role can be obtained via an application. An application that can only be submitted if someone has fully completed training within their respective faction. The application would include the following sections in this format (or something similar to these lines.)

The "Reason for receiving this role" section would be best used for the applicant to describe any important relationships/interactions and stories that their character has developed for the staff to review. The staff could then review the importance of their reasoning using their judgment and make a decision from there.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
I believe this will give players of SRP greater freedom to roleplay in the older ages without the risks of their character's interactions and relationships being unrealistically voided.​

While I see your concern for your friend, upon getting a job you should expect to get the adult role after the required time. The role is meant to be difficult to get, not only for RP purposes, but to give players another motive to work in this game.

6Pancake

Level 227
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Authorization Team
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
Shelv

As I stated, "This obviously isn't the greatest option for people that enjoy playing their characters", due to the fact there is no guarantee, but if you are unable to show you are dedicated to your faction lead and get the adult role, then it is the most logical way of getting around having to void countless encounters.

This is essentially what I was trying to say in my previous response.

Polar

Level 101
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
While I see your concern for your friend, upon getting a job you should expect to get the adult role after the required time. The role is meant to be difficult to get, not only for RP purposes, but to give players another motive to work in this game.
Someone poeple go into it thinking it's fun and offers new opportunities but most of them like EMS and KPD don't even get roleplay normally, teachers mostly just hosting classes log them then log off and shopkeepers the same thing, I didn't even remember the Shrine existed until recently, most of them don't even get interactions (EMS specifically) and most of them come out as time consuming and stressful even without the interactions

Bookish

Level 17
+1/-1

I think this is a tricky scenario.

On one hand, we don't want people wasting spots that others want just to get adult tag.

On the other hand, for some people a month or more of roleplay would be scrapped just because they are being stressed.

My solution might be to base the adult system off of quota and not of time. This being said, it could be possible to obtain adult role in 1 month for teachers.

For, let's say doctor in EMS.

Once they complete an all time of 40 appointments they can get adult role.

So either 2 months of normal quota, 1 month of 30 and 1 month of just 10, etc.

Then for teachers, once they achieve 50 all time they can become an adult.

So maybe 1 month of 35, another month then 15 and so on.

Etc.

This is a W.I.P, just another idea.

Reply with additions!

Polar

Level 101
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
+1/-1

I think this is a tricky scenario.

On one hand, we don't want people wasting spots that others want just to get adult tag.

On the other hand, for some people a month or more of roleplay would be scrapped just because they are being stressed.

My solution might be to base the adult system off of quota and not of time. This being said, it could be possible to obtain adult role in 1 month for teachers.

Then for teachers, once they achieve 50 all time they can become an adult.

So maybe 1 month of 35, another month then 15 and so on.

Etc.

This is a W.I.P, just another idea.

Reply with additions!
I feel like doing it off quotas makes more sense tbh

6Pancake

Level 227
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Authorization Team
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+

As a doctor, you are expected to get twenty months during a month. This goes from the start of the month to the end of the month, which is obviously enough time to get more than twenty quotas if you are active enough. This would obviously make it unfair if say a doctor only has to get forty quotas to become an adult.

So regarding your suggestion of basing it off of quotas, I do not agree.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich

I don't trust the majority of people with RPing teenagers as most College-Students cant even do that properly, a application would obviously weed out most of the people but there would still be a large amount of outliers who just know how to make a good application.

I would also like to reference this members post in which defines a way your friend could've gone about receiving adult rank.
Also, there's another way to get the adult rank. Which is the college test examation.

hard work is a better determination of skill in a role then a application anywho.

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
To blatantly add, this is SchoolRP. The reason adult jobs exist isnt for you to get the adult tag its to better the rp experience by having teachers to actually teach classes, school staff to rp school situations out with. EMS and KPD are mainly added to assist in gangrp situations as a way to combat situations. At the end of the day, this isnt CityRP.

A lot of players join a job, dont even put in the work and expect the tag when they leave due to “relations” which is unfair to the faction owner trying to run a healthy faction and its sad to see when these SLT or leads try to keep a faction going and people only join for the tag.

I would say sure at the end of the day add the adult tag but again it is SchoolRp and meant to be revolved around that. Also with the situation with your friend, it’s understandable to be overwhelmed but the job itself is very explanatory and something they themselves then decided to sign up for. In short, the rules exist to prevent people only joining to get the tag and not even put in the time or work. And as someone who is trying so fix the shrine faction, i get dms all day about “how long do I have to stay till i get the adult tag” and its extremely upsetting.

qbigail

Level 77
Ruins the whole point of working hard to get an adult role. More people would have it, making the whole school aspect of roleplay discarded and unpopular on a SCHOOL roleplay server. As someone who was in a faction for 8 months, I would be pretty upset if someone got an adult tag without being in the faction for a long period of time.

Bookish

Level 17
UPDATED RATING:

-1/+.25

I have read through other replies, and in the end, I agree with the majority of comments. I am very sorry for your friends, but that is a situation that isn't the majority, it's the minority. This is SchoolRP, and thus, it's not easy to get the Adult tag, because those are not the players who are the majority of the server.

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
DENIED
-------------------------------

• After reviewing this application with the staff team we decided to deny this.
  • As mentioned above the server focuses more on the school life than adult, if you wish to become adult your only option is to apply for a job.

Users who are viewing this thread