mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

GANGRP CHANGES and other stuff too- Please Read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soda

Level 12
Hi there, my name is Soda.

In my last post, I went over a VR-based idea where GangRP could be limited by a simulation kind of thing, and it didn't receive positive feedback. Even from people I was collaborating with, they didn't like the idea, and it wasn't long before I disagreed with the idea myself.
In-game, my character, Kogure Inousei, vows to figure out a way to stop the extreme violence caused by the various gangs throughout the city and has banded with his friends, including Hikari Chu, and Katsuro Hibiki.
I thought of sending an IC/OOC letter to the mayor requesting that certain laws should be amended, which is essentially the entire purpose of this post. These laws include:
-Adding more CCTV
-Enforcing anti-sewer laws.

Explaining the first adaptation, adding more CCTV, I think it's necessary that the high amount of CCTV is added just as it was before. OOCly, I believe this will add another layer of difficulty to GangRP, which will pose an extra challenge for criminals who nowadays, tend to do as they please in more public areas. As I said, I have nothing against GangRP and I think it's great for adding conflict into roleplay, but for people who don't want to associate with that, adding more CCTV will add less restriction for roleplay, which was one of the key points I highlighted in my previous post.
Of course, gangs will still roam, and normal civilians will still fear them and be cautious but I think it's only fair that there is at least some kind of risk among any kind of player, whether its someone who prefers a more slice of lifestyle roleplay or, well, a GangRPer.
In my eyes I think simply adding CCTV will add more structure to GangRP as a whole and will aid players in adding more depth and color into the roleplay itself. I think everyone has something to benefit from this change, based on the points I have already mentioned.
My next amendment would have to be the anti-sewer laws. By default, it is already illegal to go into the sewers, and if the first change is applied, the gangsters would simply move their crimes to the sewers, limiting the crimes that go on outside.
There are two options that I still haven't fully thought out yet, but they could work;
-CCTV in the sewer
-Regular patrol in the sewer

The first option would have to be the unfavorable one, too much CCTV would just make the experience for GangRPers completely unbalanced and not fun. However, the risk of police constantly patrolling could add some more layers to roleplay if gangsters ever decide to move their assassination into the sewer, or something like that.
I hope this post is an upgrade from the last, as all I want is a better experience for everyone, and I'm also very curious as to what you might think. Do you agree or disagree? Can't wait to find out, either way.
Side note- Feedback from the last post was very constructive, thank you very much. I would appreciate it if more criticism could be provided.
Lastly, thank you for taking the time to read this post.
-Soda

atoki

Level 123
atoki
atoki
Notable+
Hi,
As beneficial as it would be to the KPD, I feel like adding more CCTV within the city would be somewhat unfair on those who wish to commit crimes. What CCTV we have now perfectly fine, in my opinion at least. It makes it harder for us which encourages situations to be handled and dealt with ICly, such as more thorough investigations and more interacting with people in character rather than constantly talking in LOOC. I understand that the lesser the CCTV, the more crime there will be, but I believe that having more crime keeps both the KPD and the crime faction active, which is what we all want.

As illegal as it is in the sewers, it's not heavily enforced by the KPD, so we do come across the odd citizen when doing manhunts which in my eyes- is completely fine. We do actually do sewer patrols but that is mainly when there are enough officers on so we can keep safe ourselves. Keeping CCTV out of the sewers already encourages the crime-committers to move there as they literally cannot be seen nor would we know unless there would be a report.

So, I give a -1, although it's a good suggestion nonetheless.

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
Honestly i think there's enough CCTV everywhere, if you didn't notice they added them at spawn they added some more at apartments and some other places I can't re call, and sewer CCTV? that would just be unfair and make KPD way too OP

pashy

Level 183
Nahhh - 111111

Wym the CCTVs currently is in a great amount. Actually, the amount was decreased before because GangRPers argued about it being alot. There's CCTVs in a great amount who told u we GangRP publicly we use masks to hide. Last GangRP situation I did one of my friends got arrested and I'm wanted.

The CCTVs amount is perfect rn no need for decreasing nor increasing.

Gunna!

Level 100
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
-1 yea just no

adding more CCTV would just be difficult more or less impossible to GangRP with it being so easy to get caught and with so many people being caught so easy with be one of the reason GangRP will die out

callumㅤ

Level 50
Sentonium
Sentonium
Omega
-1 yea just no

adding more CCTV would just be difficult more or less impossible to GangRP with it being so easy to get caught and with so many people being caught so easy with be one of the reason GangRP will die out
gangrp on a school roleplay server doesn’t even fit anyone

callumㅤ

Level 50
Sentonium
Sentonium
Omega
what do you mean by ths?
it’s a schoolroleplay server, as well as the server should have as many possibilities as possible, gangrp is mainly causing havoc towards the roleplay community INCLUDING staff, i will admit, gangrp can be fun, but it gets boring. it just ruins the whole culture of srp, especially now that gangrp just feels weird

pashy

Level 183
gangrp on a school roleplay server doesn’t even fit anyone

Bro there's city roles, suspended, expelled, and off-school, Saturdays and Sundays... It's fit in my opinion and people that keep saying it's SchoolRP stop city sh-t nahh they're wrong. Although it's SRP I think as @HighlightedTwin mentioned before it should balance between CityRP and Shool RPs especially that there's alot of city sh-t

pashy

Level 183
it’s a schoolroleplay server, as well as the server should have as many possibilities as possible, gangrp is mainly causing havoc towards the roleplay community INCLUDING staff, i will admit, gangrp can be fun, but it gets boring. it just ruins the whole culture of srp, especially now that gangrp just feels weird

You have a point. However, I disagree pretty much.

callumㅤ

Level 50
Sentonium
Sentonium
Omega
Bro there's city roles, suspended, expelled, and off-school, Saturdays and Sundays... It's fit in my opinion and people that keep saying it's SchoolRP stop city sh-t nahh they're wrong. Although it's SRP I think as @HighlightedTwin mentioned before it should balance between CityRP and Shool RPs especially that there's alot of city sh-t[/QUOTE
this is why i’m saying gangrp should be lowered from srp, to make it more school and city related. i’m not saying fully get rid of gangrp, just simply less people should do it. more cityrp and school stuff would be fun

Gunna!

Level 100
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
i completely disagree as a gangRPer its the only thing that keeps me entertained for when there are no school days and i feel it is apart of cityRP
and there are already plans for increasing cityRP

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
Honestly GangRP is the only thing keeping me entertained at this point because there's nothing much to do on the server anymore with the minimal RP based updates recently

callumㅤ

Level 50
Sentonium
Sentonium
Omega
i completely disagree as a gangRPer its the only thing that keeps me entertained for when there are no school days and i feel it is apart of cityRP
and there are already plans for increasing cityRP

Honestly GangRP is the only thing keeping me entertained at this point because there's nothing much to do on the server anymore with the minimal RP based updates recently
that’s why the school is being updated for new roleplay experiences, and i’m sure new things will be introduced, i don’t get what people find “entertaining” about killing random characters anymore. i was also a gangrper for quite some time, i’ll admit, it was fun. this was september last year, i tried gangrping this year and i had never been so bored in my life. all i recommend is getting into a sports team or making your own, gangrp isn’t the only fun option

solorize

Level 50
Community Team
Media Team
+1/-1 kinda ??

I honestly just really like the idea of sending an icly letter to the mayor to enforce certain laws to decrease gang activity. But I don't think these laws are what need to be implemented. But at the same time I kinda get it? And I see where you're coming from.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
I think Gangrpers becoming smarter and working around these laws like they used to have to do (back when karakura was more of a police state circa 2018) would be fun + also people could have ic conflict abotu the fact the "big brother" is watching them all the time despite just being normal citizens. it could be cool

Gunna!

Level 100
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
that’s why the school is being updated for new roleplay experiences, and i’m sure new things will be introduced, i don’t get what people find “entertaining” about killing random characters anymore. i was also a gangrper for quite some time, i’ll admit, it was fun. this was september last year, i tried gangrping this year and i had never been so bored in my life. all i recommend is getting into a sports team or making your own, gangrp isn’t the only fun option

This is the energy im getting from you rn like dedass

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
I think Gangrpers becoming smarter and working around these laws like they used to have to do (back when karakura was more of a police state circa 2018) would be fun + also people could have ic conflict abotu the fact the "big brother" is watching them all the time despite just being normal citizens. it could be cool
It's hard enough to GangRP when you're in a big GangRP situation And there's only like 3 KPD they instantly get like 7 others on and they magically show up to your location without the cop even calling them more CCTV would be an abomination

pashy

Level 183

Maybe for off-school and city roles it is the best option. If you find it boring your opinion is ofc

I do understand what you're saying but we still try to avoid CCTVs but they were alot to avoid and it got decreased. I don't see why they should be Increasing again. GangRPers still try to avoid CCTVs or assure masks and shit despite the struggle of being wanted and having an apartment. If anything, other locations without CCTVs can at least have a witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread