mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

GANGRP CHANGES and other stuff too- Please Read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
not what i am saying at all, i simply mean you haven’t experienced multiple stages of gangrp, which i basically haven’t either. gangrp is at one of its lowest points right now, if you didn’t know
Yet you just proved my point.

pashy

Level 183
2016* but yeah it could survive without it (it has since 2019 i'd argue)

Couldn't find the post so quoting yours

It would survive? With less activity in CopRP, MedicalRP, and generally killing the GangRP. Whether it's introduced earlier or later it has grown big and killing it as just killing alot of activity. I thin reviving it is the best option. I don't think it's the player's fault it's toxic, I honestly think it's staffs.

I can't explain why, but here's an example. For example, a president is the respoisble for any crimes that occur in the country and he's the one who has to keep it stable to stop the crimes and shiz.

So I think it's on the staff for GangRP to become more stabilized and the toxicity in it less to occur.

Not throwing anything on the staff btw just saying

pashy

Level 183
Hi,
As beneficial as it would be to the KPD, I feel like adding more CCTV within the city would be somewhat unfair on those who wish to commit crimes. What CCTV we have now perfectly fine, in my opinion at least. It makes it harder for us which encourages situations to be handled and dealt with ICly, such as more thorough investigations and more interacting with people in character rather than constantly talking in LOOC. I understand that the lesser the CCTV, the more crime there will be, but I believe that having more crime keeps both the KPD and the crime faction active, which is what we all want.

As illegal as it is in the sewers, it's not heavily enforced by the KPD, so we do come across the odd citizen when doing manhunts which in my eyes- is completely fine. We do actually do sewer patrols but that is mainly when there are enough officers on so we can keep safe ourselves. Keeping CCTV out of the sewers already encourages the crime-committers to move there as they literally cannot be seen nor would we know unless there would be a report.

So, I give a -1, although it's a good suggestion nonetheless.

Anyways, I wanted to put attention on what ewfeelings said because we all started arguing and it got aired a bit. I honestly respect and care alot about the opinions about GangRP that comes out from Cops

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
Anyways, I wanted to put attention on what ewfeelings said because we all started arguing and it got aired a bit. I honestly respect and care alot about the opinions about GangRP that comes out from Cops
If even KPD agrees that it's unfair that's really saying something

atoki

Level 123
atoki
atoki
Notable+
Couldn't find the post so quoting yours

It would survive? With less activity in CopRP, MedicalRP, and generally killing the GangRP. Whether it's introduced earlier or later it has grown big and killing it as just killing alot of activity. I thin reviving it is the best option. I don't think it's the player's fault it's toxic, I honestly think it's staffs.

I can't explain why, but here's an example. For example, a president is the respoisble for any crimes that occur in the country and he's the one who has to keep it stable to stop the crimes and shiz.

So I think it's on the staff for GangRP to become more stabilized and the toxicity in it less to occur.

Not throwing anything on the staff btw just saying

I don’t feel as though it’s the staffs fault at all. It’s the players fault for getting so toxic about it and angry in the first place. The staff can’t physically stop someone from talking if they haven’t said anything yet

soda

Level 12
Hi there, my name is Soda.

In my last post, I went over a VR-based idea where GangRP could be limited by a simulation kind of thing, and it didn't receive positive feedback. Even from people I was collaborating with, they didn't like the idea, and it wasn't long before I disagreed with the idea myself.
In-game, my character, Kogure Inousei, vows to figure out a way to stop the extreme violence caused by the various gangs throughout the city and has banded with his friends, including Hikari Chu, and Katsuro Hibiki.
I thought of sending an IC/OOC letter to the mayor requesting that certain laws should be amended, which is essentially the entire purpose of this post. These laws include:
-Adding more CCTV
-Enforcing anti-sewer laws.
Explaining the first adaptation, adding more CCTV, I think it's necessary that the high amount of CCTV is added just as it was before. OOCly, I believe this will add another layer of difficulty to GangRP, which will pose an extra challenge for criminals who nowadays, tend to do as they please in more public areas. As I said, I have nothing against GangRP and I think it's great for adding conflict into roleplay, but for people who don't want to associate with that, adding more CCTV will add less restriction for roleplay, which was one of the key points I highlighted in my previous post.
Of course, gangs will still roam, and normal civilians will still fear them and be cautious but I think it's only fair that there is at least some kind of risk among any kind of player, whether its someone who prefers a more slice of lifestyle roleplay or, well, a GangRPer.
In my eyes I think simply adding CCTV will add more structure to GangRP as a whole and will aid players in adding more depth and color into the roleplay itself. I think everyone has something to benefit from this change, based on the points I have already mentioned.
My next amendment would have to be the anti-sewer laws. By default, it is already illegal to go into the sewers, and if the first change is applied, the gangsters would simply move their crimes to the sewers, limiting the crimes that go on outside.
There are two options that I still haven't fully thought out yet, but they could work;
-CCTV in the sewer
-Regular patrol in the sewer
The first option would have to be the unfavorable one, too much CCTV would just make the experience for GangRPers completely unbalanced and not fun. However, the risk of police constantly patrolling could add some more layers to roleplay if gangsters ever decide to move their assassination into the sewer, or something like that.
I hope this post is an upgrade from the last, as all I want is a better experience for everyone, and I'm also very curious as to what you might think. Do you agree or disagree? Can't wait to find out, either way.
Side note- Feedback from the last post was very constructive, thank you very much. I would appreciate it if more criticism could be provided.
Lastly, thank you for taking the time to read this post.
-Soda
Ok just going to reply to my entire post because I did not expect this kind of thing to happen at all, lmao.
Woke up and there was a whole debate going on in a forum post I made last night. Kind of shocked.

Anyways, I understand where you're coming from, PashOP and the other GangRPers in there, and I expected it. During the thought process of making just all of this in general I had a passing thought that GangRPers could violently disagree because their main focus is GangRP. I don't mean to be harsh or anything but I believe the truth is that you log on to SRP JUST to GangRP, which also makes sense. I assume everything else SRP has to offer tends to interest you less or not at all, and that's totally fine. I get that. But I think this would give a bonus for you guys as GangRPers, an extra bonus, a challenge. Yes, there is a lot of CCTV, but there used to be a lot MORE, which means at some point the entire community as a whole was ok with the idea, and I think it should be brought back.
I think maybe the sewers could be going a little too far but I still believe it was worth mentioning, I still want to hear the opinions of different people if possible.
But one thing I really don't want is for GangRPers to read this and think "No, they're going to change everything and make it horrible and impossible!!" Keep in mind, even WITH CCTV, there are places where you can't be spotted. Inside houses, towers, private areas, those could all work.
Yes, this is giving the police an advantage, but in a real city, the police always have the advantage to some extent. Not meaning to be a weeb or anything but try to look at the other Japanese cities. They still have gangs, they probably kill people from other gangs, ETC ETC. But, they still have a flourishing society with, well, police.
I just want every GangRPer reading this to try to look at it from a more realistic standpoint, and while it is Minecraft and not real life, this is still worth giving a thought or two about.
I wanted to also bring up the little comment about the player toxicity and such and I do agree that it's on the players, not the staff. The players determine their own attitude. All staff can do is regulate it.
Ok that's about it for now but keep discussing, I like how this post turned out. Thank you for the criticism

pashy

Level 183
I don’t feel as though it’s the staffs fault at all. It’s the players fault for getting so toxic about it and angry in the first place. The staff can’t physically stop someone from talking if they haven’t said anything yet

Yeah but I see the rules and staff are the one to stabilize and and maintain it and keep it on low

soda

Level 12
Yeah but I see the rules and staff are the one to stabilize and and maintain it and keep it on low
What are you trying to say here, though? That staff should be more attentive to arguments? Shouldn't that be a whole other forum post or are you trying to say something else? Sorry if it's a misunderstanding.

atoki

Level 123
atoki
atoki
Notable+
I completely understand where you're coming from. The problem is, there's been quite a few situations where even when they do try to maintain it, they get called "baised" or "rude" etc etc most of the time

pashy

Level 183
What are you trying to say here, though? That staff should be more attentive to arguments? Shouldn't that be a whole other forum post or are you trying to say something else? Sorry if it's a misunderstanding.

If you read the argument we did in your post you will find out a party of the argument said the GangRP is toxic and dead. I explained my own opinion about the toxicity that come out of GangRP, and I think SchoolRP staff are the ones that should maintain their players. Whether with rules, boundaries, or anything. I do acknowledge toxicity is a warning, but I mean GangRP rules change and ways to stabilize it and make it lower, and bringing more attention into it fixing it and stopping it.

GangRP before used to be less toxic and more alive. Just like how it died it can be revived if the staff team gave it more attention and boundaries.

Whatsoever again, I'm not throwing anything on the staff, in the end toxicity is still the player's fault.

soda

Level 12
If you read the argument we did in your post you will find out a party of the argument said the GangRP is toxic and dead. I explained my own opinion about the toxicity that come out of GangRP, and I think SchoolRP staff are the ones that should maintain their players. Whether with rules, boundaries, or anything. I do acknowledge toxicity is a warning, but I mean GangRP rules change and ways to stabilize it and make it lower, and bringing more attention into it fixing it and stopping it.

GangRP before used to be less toxic and more alive. Just like how it died it can be revived if the staff team gave it more attention and boundaries.

Whatsoever again, I'm not throwing anything on the staff, in the end toxicity is still the player's fault.
Could you elaborate on the "less toxic" and "more alive" part? I also want to hear any suggestions from you if you have any, if GangRP should change, the rules, etc.

pashy

Level 183
I completely understand where you're coming from. The problem is, there's been quite a few situations where even when they do try to maintain it, they get called "baised" or "rude" etc etc most of the time

When I say maintain the toxicity I don't mean in a specific situation. As I said, I mean the rules etc. However, situations as well count. I don't see them always being called biased I think it's because you're a cop so you face it frequently. I also believe this is a wrong in the GangRP base. When a staff follows the rules and it comes out in advantage for the cops they argue about it being biased although the rules are very fair.

pashy

Level 183
Could you elaborate on the "less toxic" and "more alive" part? I also want to hear any suggestions from you if you have any, if GangRP should change, the rules, etc.

I won't throw it here because this suggestion is mainly about the CCTVs I just clarified points in the argument. If I do have any rules change or suggestion I will make feedback

soda

Level 12
I won't throw it here because this suggestion is mainly about the CCTVs I just clarified points in the argument. If I do have any rules change or suggestion I will make feedback
Ok but I am still interested in the part where you said GangRP was better. If you have a minute, I'd appreciate if you sent me a DM, but its up to you. I'll leave my discord tag right here if you decide to.
soda#8534

pashy

Level 183
Ok but I am still interested in the part where you said GangRP was better. If you have a minute, I'd appreciate if you sent me a DM, but its up to you. I'll leave my discord tag right here if you decide to.
soda#8534

Basically GangRP was more alive before meaning in 2019 people used to GangRP alot and the arguments were less. Even if anybody argues it gets dealed with instantly by a staff in /help.

It was more active category and KPD had frequent things to do, including hospital staff. It was very fun, but nowadays it's dead and boring and I think this is not on players but the staff, rules, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread