-‘๑’- Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section -‘๑’-

IGN (In-Game Name):

[https_bugz |Adult]

Alts-
[A3unn1e | Event Team]
[WheatRP | Shopkeeper]

Discord Name & Tag:
.cheezeeb
I do currently have a functional microphone and actively speak in VCs when needed.

Previous bans:
N/A

Describe your activity on the server:
My current activity is a 8/10. As of right now, I am quite active as I am currently on summer holidays. Starting in August I will be in uni full time, however, I will say that my activity will not change in numbers just in the times that I get on. I would say that I am on SRP almost every day or every few days for a couple of hours and can go up or down depending on my OOCly responsibilities and when I choose to prioritize my life outside of SRP.

Which timezone are you in?
I am currently in EST timezone (Canada)

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

[Accepted Applications]

[Denied Applications]

What is your motivation for applying?:
I want to broaden my knowledge and role-playing experiences on the gangrp side of the community, and that is my main focus and incentive for applying to the KPD. While I had been actively participating with gangrp in mid-2020 or early-2021, I took a much-needed break and concentrated on the other opportunities that had become offered to me at that time. I continued my involvement in gangRP and combatRP after taking the much-needed break and keeping up with the rules, and since then, I've been in and out of gangs. I remain quite knowledgeable. Joining or applying for KPD has always been on my bucket list while I've been on SRP. I've played my fair share of roles on the server, including those in a couple of college teams and clubs, the School faction [x2], and the Town faction. In addition to the experience and friendships I have made thanks to these roles, I have also learned how to adapt to different kinds of roleplay, take on more responsibility, and conquer obstacles. With that said, I've had a lot of friends join the KPD and they've told me about their experiences with the group, which has just strengthened my desire to do the same.

In addition, I've learned a lot of valuable knowledge through my time on SchoolRP. I have witnessed this server's development into what it is today, and as a result, I have learned quite a bit about it. I have earned the privilege to join the community team as an event member throughout the course of the past year. Which, I must admit, has undoubtedly increased my connection to the server. I firmly believe I can contribute to the KPD, and I would love the chance to join this incredible faction for myself in order to motivate others to do the same.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
I have learned a fair amount about police work during my time on SRP. Even though I don't have a lot of OOC experience with police work, I did study criminal law for a little portion of my college studies. I was formally a member of the town faction, as a lawyer, which provided me with extensive knowledge of both Karakura laws and the constitution as well as the daily activities of police officers. I also greatly benefit from my ICly expertise in gangRP and combatRP. According to what I understand, police are an extension of the government and are frequently seen engaging closely with EMS personnel and townspeople like lawyers, judges, and the mayor...

Some general tasks executed by the police include the following;

Police tasks
Task Description
Patrolling
If the name wasn't a dead giveaway, patrol officers are typically assigned the responsibility of patrolling. Despite being the second-lowest ranking officers in the force, these officers nonetheless have an essential role to play. To guarantee their safety while examining Karakura's streets, patrol officers typically travel in trios or pairs. These policemen follow an established patrol route to make sure they check all of the densely inhabited areas and high-crime areas and to prevent crimes in progress.
Interrogation
Interrogations are usually held once an individual has been brought into the station and is suspected of a crime or has been affiliated with one. Once the interrogation has started, the arresting officer typically asks a sequence of questions in an attempt to get the truth. Whether this officer already has evidence that they committed the crime or not, they do what they can to try and get the offender to incriminate themselves with the questions asked- which will later be gathered into a case file for a trial.
Front desk
Oh, what a pleasure, the front desk job. The front desk is typically occupied by cadets while they are in their training period. The cadets take on the responsibility of answering civilians' questions, granting visitation to inmates, granting bail, and even sometimes filing reports. The front desk can also be occupied by higher-ranking officers who may not have a busy day ahead of them, but that's not very common in Karakura.
Inmate Care
Inmate care usually happens after someone is arrested, a person may choose to role-play what happens in jail. This is usually rewarded to an inmate, however, it is not always guaranteed depending on if there is an officer available to engage in the role-play. Inmate care has a few perks, such as; the courtyard, the roof, the lunch room, and also community service.
Arrests
Arrests are a common task performed by patrolling officers, all arrests must have a valid reason - such as; Failure to pay a fine, Gang affiliation, Obstruction of justice, etc. Furthermore, as the arresting officer, you may grant a criminal bail for their charges although someone else will have to pay the bail in order for the criminal to be released (see arrest logs in the Emergency discord). If said bail can not be paid then the criminal faces the sentence time they were given, sentences can be several IC months, hours, or in some cases - the criminal is not granted a bail at all.
Inmate
Visitation
Any friends or relatives have the opportunity to visit an inmate with a long sentence, with the approval of the arresting officer. Normally, you are assisted by another officer during the visitation period to help you maneuver both the criminal and the visitor into the visitation room.
Protective Custody
Protective custody is something offered by the KPD when an individual needs protection from a KPD officer(s). In order to gain this protection you must report the situation to an officer and provide valid evidence; CCTV, IC video footage, past reports, or anything else that can help solidify your report. OOCly you may not log onto the character for 7 days to avoid any perms from being used on your character.
Warrants
A warrant is something that can be requested from a judge in order to obtain access to search a residence. These warrants are usually granted when one's home is deemed suspicious and may be carrying illegal weaponry or items within it. Depending on what is found, you can be arrested and charged for anything that is found within the home at the current time.
CCTV
A very useful surveillance system. This system runs through the cameras that are spread across the town on various streets and areas, usually being useful to officers and others as evidence, help gather information on a case, and can be used as a way to monitor a situation or playback a situation if it was needed for a case. The good part about CCTV is that an officer can frequently monitor the streets without needing to even leave the station!

next up, I will list a few tools or equipment that officers are normally seen using on a day-to-day basis;

Equipment
Equipment Descriptions
Police Baton
The police baton is a not-so-commonly used piece of equipment, yet every officer carries one. The baton is a long metal rod that is used when neither a Glock nor a Taser can be used in a situation, needing only 2 hits before knocking a person unconscious.
Handcuffs
Handcuffs are a primary piece of equipment used by officers. Handcuffs are used to restrain/demobilize an individual's hand/arm movement and are typically placed on a person when they are being arrested or detained.
Police radio
The radio is one of the other most commonly used pieces of equipment. Their function is to be able to radio other on-duty officers for assistance or backup in a situation, you have probably seen officers use codes over this radio such as "code 0"
Body Camera's
When an officer is out patrolling they have a body camera rolling 24/7. This is a commonly used piece of equipment, as almost all of them have one attached to their uniforms. The bodycam captures situations much like CCTV would, however, a bodycam can in fact be damaged or turned off by hitting it.
Pepper Spray
The pepper spray is often carried around by off-duty officers. They mainly use this in case of any sort of threat or harm towards them occurs and they do not have their typical police equipment at hand. The pepper spray temporarily blinds an individual, allowing the officer a short amount of time to take necessary action.
X-26 Taser
The x-26 taser is the next most commonly used piece of equipment. All officers do carry one whilst on duty as their main source of defense against criminals or offenders. The x-26 taser shoots tiny prongs that latch onto an individual, sending electric shocks to their body which immobilizes them for a short amount of time. This gives officers the okay to approach and arrest them safely.
Glock 17
The Glock 17 is only commonly carried around by higher-ranking officers, the reasoning for this is due to the trust they have earned and dedication to their work. The Glock 17 is a very dangerous firearm and once an individual is shot they are put on a bleed-out timer.
Other equipment:
Equipment
Equipment Description
Breathalyzer
The breathalyzer is typically used when an officer catches an intoxicated individual roaming around. They use the breathalyzer to calculate their alcohol levels, in which can lead to a fine if it comes out to be too high over the limit.
Luminol Spray
Luminol spray is a common piece of equipment carried around by officers. When an individual is found carrying a mask or weapon an officer would spray the item with the luminol spray to find any dents or blood left on the item.
First-Aid Kit
The first aid kits are carried around by an officer and are typically used to aid/save someone's life. After using the first aid kit on someone, an additional 5 minutes is added to their timer. This means, the first aid kit CAN NOT be a lifesaver - you must bring the person to the hospital asap.

Finally, we'll talk about rankings within the force!

Within the KPD there are 3 divisions; Leadership, Detective, and the main division.
The main division remains the largest of the 3, holding the most amount of rank within the KPD.

Leadership
Leadership Rank Description
Commissioner
The commissioner is one of the highest ranks within the KPD. As the 'top dog,' the commissioners' job is to oversee all of the ranks below him, including the higher-up ranks. The commissioner is someone who welcomes all the new candidates who he finds fit for the job, as well as ensuring everything runs smoothly within the KPD station and the officers.
Captains
The captains are the highest obtainable ranking someone could get. Similar to the commissioner, the captains oversee all of the ranks and ensure everyone's well-being and ensure everything is running smoothly within the KPD. These captains are a part of the leadership division, also known as the higher-ups, and have the most responsibility out of the main division.
Detective Division
Detective Rank Description
Police Detective Superintendent
This is the highest detective ranking one could earn and is also known as a leadership rank (captain). As the highest rank in the detective decision, it is their responsibility to manage the division, whether this be the detective's well-being, promoting detectives, or even needing to educate the new detectives- as the head of the division you oversee all of this division's needs.
Police Detective Chief Inspector
The Chief Inspector rank is the first higher-up ranking one can earn within this division. As the higher-up, it is the chief's duty to aid the superintendent with their tasks along with supervising the other lower-ranking detectives. As the chief inspector, you are granted the opportunity to go undercover, along with working on large cases that may come around.
Police Detective Inspector
In order to obtain this rank, you must pass an exam. This rank is where you finally obtain perks within the detective division, some of those perks include; Renting a police cruiser, Carrying a weapon on your person, and being able to request warrants from a judge. Other responsibilities within this rank include; supervising and managing inquiries/questions from other lower-ranking detectives.
Police Detective Constable
This rank is the lowest-ranking detective within the detective division. This may seem 'low' however, this means you have been selectively chosen for the role- and is the first big step up within the KPD divisions. As a detective, you must now actively participate in training and learn about the detective division in general.
Main Division
Officer Rank Description
Captain
Captains are well, Captains. Similar to the DSI's ranking, they possess the same level of responsibility and are both included in the 'higher-up' ranks. It is their responsibility to manage the division accordingly, whether this the officer's well-being, promoting officers, or even educating new cadets and others. You oversee all inquiries and needs of this division. As a member of the leadership division, they also carry a lot of responsibility to the entirety of KPD.
Police Lieutenant
Excluding captains, the lieutenant ranking is the highest rank one can earn in the main division. In this role, you have the responsibility to; Inform, train, and oversee all lower rankings - whether it be questions and inquiries or just needing to supervise. In this role, you become a leader- you are to set a good example to the ones below them and keep a fairly good reputation.
Police Sergeant
This rank is the second highest rank you can earn in the main division. In this rank, you gain the opportunity to rent a patrol bike and are held responsible to supervise all lower-ranking officers. Though they may not have all the same perks as the Lieutenant, sergeants are also looked up to and must set a good example for others.
Police Corporal
This rank is a promotional rank, from a patrol officer to a corporal officer. As a corporal, you now have the responsibility to train cadets - both physically and mentally, so nothing too different from a patrol officer besides that main point. As a corporal, you also gain a few perks such as; carrying pepper spray around and gaining access to a crowbar.
Patrol Officer
wow! You have passed your exam and are now a patrol officer. A patrol officer is the second lowest rank within the main division, though you gain a good amount of perks such as; leaving the station to patrol, and patrolling with new cadets. As a patrol officer, you now must remain active to reach a set amount of quota every month.
Police Cadet
This rank is given to all new KPD officers and is known as the starter rank. Once you receive your cadet ranking you are expected to attend training sessions to learn the basics of the KPD and how everything works, not only will this give you a grasp on what's going on but attending the training will prepare the cadets for their upcoming exams. As a cadet, you are also expected to remain in the station during your training to ensure your safety.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
The KPD, in my opinion, plays a crucial or exceptionally important function in SchoolRP. Even though Karakura may appear to new players or regular citizens to be a peaceful town, there are always those troublesome criminals lurking right beneath their noses. Thankfully, that's where the KPD stepped in, risking their lives to protect innocent bystanders from the mayhem and murderous criminals. Because the KPD is the most well-liked, intriguing, and dangerous faction on SchoolRP, few people are qualified for the position of cadet. The sole explanation for why they are so crucial to SchoolRP is because of the vast player base for CombatRP and GangRP; these individuals roam around and commit crimes, including tragedies such as; murder and taking limbs from civilians. Karakura would be in ruins without them. The KPD officers are seen as role models and are frequently looked up to as heroes of the town.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I completely acknowledge that I am at risk of being demoted at any given time.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Yes, I understand and will make sure to divide my time between both factions.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I completely understand. I will make sure to attend all training held.

-‘๑’- In-Character (IC) Section -‘๑’-

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:
Ximena Ji Byun

Character's age (if accepted):
40 years old

Character's gender & pronouns:
Female [She/Her]

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Ximena has her Master's in Criminal Justice.
She has a minor in Criminology and Political Sciences.

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
Japanese is her only proficient language at the moment
(I'm getting Thai)

Describe your character; how they look, and what makes them unique?

X.B.gif

-‘๑’- Physical Appearance -‘๑’-
A Thai woman named Ximena Ji Byun is fairly tan. Ximena appears to be very small and slender, at an average height of 5'5" (165 cm) at first glance. She possessed incredibly long, silky, wavy, black hair that drooped down her back and stopped towards the bottom of her back, with one piece that appeared to be placed purposefully in front of her torso. She also had a fairly plain sense of style; Ximena didn't like wearing clothes with a lot of color and liked to keep things classy by wearing designer labels and seeming quite "clean."

-‘๑’- Personality -‘๑’-
Ximena would appear to be very nice and mature sounding (as a mother would) when you are closer to her and speak to her for the first time. Ximena's demeanor expressed warmth right away; she was a people person who effortlessly drew people to her with her words and presence. As you get to know her better and interact with her more frequently, Ximena seems to gradually lose some of her stricter characteristics. You would discover that she is a rather eccentric, open-minded, and adventurous person in many respects as you get to know her better or feel more at ease around her. Her husband has the most influence on her; he frequently pushes her beyond her comfort zone, which has a significant impact on her character. Ximena, who is married to the family's misfit, enjoys spending time with her loved ones, drawing frequently, riding her bike, and trying new, challenging things on a regular basis.

-‘๑’- Unique Traits -‘๑’-

Some of Ximena's unique traits are listed below!

Problem Solver
CompassionateDiligenceValues
When faced with a challenge, Ximena thinks quickly to find a solution. working often with her coworkers and contacting additional resources as necessary
Ximena is a kind and compassionate individual. She frequently tries to support the matter at hand and find the source of the issue when presented with a significant issue.Whenever Ximena is working or dealing with a pressing situation, she puts all of her attention into it. When Ximena is fully engaged, it can be challenging to divert her attention due to her apparent tunnel vision.Family and friends are highly important to Ximena since she is a very traditional person. When talking to her, her extremely maternal nature would come out to assist anyone in need.

Pet Peeves
RespectMaturityTeamwork
Some of Ximena's major pet peeves include repetitive remarks and justifications. Nevertheless, this does not affect how she views the person in question.Ximena believes strongly in treating others with respect, thus she constantly acts in return. However, if she were to speak with someone who was disrespectful, she would continue to use a respectful tone of voice.When having a conversation with others or handling a delicate matter, Ximena is quite mature. She can, however, occasionally indulge herself a little too much when she is with loved ones.Ximena gets along well with people and frequently asks for help from them. She constantly seeks out other points of view to make sure she is making the best choices or moving forward effectively.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Meeting Ximena in a professional setting would be exceptionally simple and pleasant. She behaves professionally and with respect toward both citizens and colleagues. However, you would note that Ximena's "uptight" demeanor would be nearly undetectable while speaking with her in a more casual setting. Ximena would continue to treat people with respect, but in this laid-back situation, she would come across as kind and cheerful.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Ximena holds teamwork in the highest respect. She has always emphasized the importance of her children, family, and friends as a mother. You'll never achieve your goals without working together as a team. Ximena now enjoys the concept of teamwork in the workplace since it allows her to work together with her coworkers to produce the greatest and safest results. Ximena is aware of the value and crucial role that her coworkers serve in an organization like the police force. It is crucial for police officers to work together to sustain a safe and peaceful community.
Ximena's outlook on her co-workers is that some of them can be open and encouraging, offering you expertise and advice on how to improve yourself or your work ethic, but others may be closed off or unwilling to work together. Ximena is a traditionalist who respects others, thus she wouldn't typically hang out with these disrespectful people. Ximena will always be the one to inspire others and prod them to accomplish their best while offering assistance where she can.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
"I consider myself more of a leader than a follower. I consider myself to be a leader since I have no problem accepting new challenges and overcoming obstacles that stand in the way of achieving my goals. Even while I make an effort to meet these obstacles head-on, if necessary, I am also willing to step back and acquire knowledge from a more experienced person. My life has been one giant challenge that I face head-on every day as a mother, wife, and child of strict parents. The toughest struggle a woman may face is being a mother because you have to set a good example for your children, teach them right from wrong, and help them prosper in life. I am a family leader as well as a leader in life. I work toward my objectives and offer guidance to those who might be lost."

BACKSTORY (100+ words)

Early Life
Ximena Ji Saeli, who recently took on the last name Byun, was born in Thailand's lovely capital, Bangkok. Ximena was held to a high standard by her friends, parents, and other guardians who played significant roles in her life when she was a young girl. Despite the fact that she and her family were relatively wealthy, Ximena was always taught that in order to succeed, she needed to be dedicated, smart, open-minded, and focused. She was held to the highest standards by her father, Direk, who enrolled her in numerous etiquette classes, at a prestigious private school, and forced her to pursue interests in things like music and cuisine.
When Ximena reached adulthood, she started rebelling against her father's strict regulations and expectations. At the age of 15, Ximena began doing research on issues surrounding neighboring countries and learning about different cultures. Eventually, this research blossomed into her passion for police work.

After starting to watch videos about important events and follow politics, Ximena developed a desire for a career in law enforcement. She was drawn to the specifics and eager to learn more, which occasionally sent her down rabbit holes as she looked for answers or updates on particular problems.

Young Adult Life

As Ximena became older, her knowledge only improved and she started to concentrate more on the study and criminal cases. researching a range of topics, including murders, abductions, robberies, and incidents that are similar to these. She was always the type to attempt to solve these situations with only the internet and inadequate resources. Ximena had finally made up her mind. Ximena traveled to South Korea to study because she realized she would never be able to accomplish her goals while still living under her parents' control.

Ximena put a lot of effort into her studies when she was a student in South Korea, but after she met Mun-Hee Byun, her top priorities changed. Mun-Hee and Ximena had very similar journeys, but Mun-Hee had the resilience to stay close to his family and friends despite defying the strict norms set up for the Byun Family. Even though she knew in her gut that Mun-Hee wouldn't be good for her, the circumstance ended up being the complete opposite. He encouraged her daily to do her best work and supported her decision and ambitions. They enjoyed themselves while introducing her to aspects of life that she had previously shied away from out of dread for her parents. Ximena gradually let down her rigid barriers and allowed herself to broaden her perspective on the world and several other ideals and customs.

Adulthood - Present

After a few years of study, Ximena earned her master's degree in criminal justice with honors. She was welcomed with big arms by the Byun family, who let her stay with them while she recuperate. A few years later, the family relocated to Karakura, bringing along Ximena and Mun-Hee to begin a new life. The fact that the Byun family had a history of working in law enforcement only served as comfort for Ximena. Soon after coming to Karakura, Ximena and Mun-Hee welcomed their first child into the world. It was a lot for them to process as they adapted to their new lives. They provided their young daughter the best of both worlds by combining Ximena's upbringing and morality with Mun-Hee's passion for living life to the fullest. Then, not long after, their second kid was born, offering him the same opportunities for success.

Currently, a lovely family of four. Ximena is on an endeavor to support her family, provide them with the greatest possible life, and keep them in line. Even though Mun-Hee doesn't have much of an impact on the family, he has shown Ximena how to be compassionate, understanding, and kind to others. He has shown her how to release tension and has given her the freedom to be authentically herself. Son Yong Byun and her daughter Mi-Hyeon are aware of the need to follow the example. Typically, Mun-Hee is the good "cop" and Ximena is the bad "cop" on any given day. Mun does have a tendency to give his children terrible ideas, whereas Ximena enjoys seeing her kids treat others with respect and use decent manners. Ximena blends in well with the customs and mannered family known as the Byuns, despite the fact that they are a bit of a chaotic family.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?
"No, it's against Karakura's law to carry a pocket knife on your person. Being found with a pocket knife will result in an arrest for possession of minor illegal weaponry."

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Eyepatch
Multivitamins
Paracetamol
Bandage (Band-Aid)
Wooden Cane
Price of Item: ¥5,000
Maximum Purchase: 2 per person
Price of Item: ¥3,500
Maximum Purchase: 5 per person
Price of Item: ¥1,500
Maximum Purchase: 3 per person
Price of Item: ¥1,000
Maximum Purchase: 5 per person
Price of Item: ¥7,000
Maximum Purchase: 2 per person

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
"If I were to see a co-worker of mine abusing an inmate, I wouldn't hesitate to separate the two of them. I would request that the coworker leave the area to cool down while I put the prisoner back into their holding cell or a confined situation. Once everyone has calmed down, I would question my coworkers' behavior and try to gently remind them that, regardless of the offense, the prisoner is still a human being and that there is no need for violence. To help them improve their future behavior and avoid another scenario like this, I would try my best to offer guidance."

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
"If I were to see anything like this, I would react right away by alerting the other on-duty officers to let them know what was going on. Before helping my co-worker, I would quickly assess the situation. If weapons were used in the assault, I would not think twice to pull my Taser from its holster and order the attacker to put their weapons down. If they refused, I would tase the offender, bring them to the wall for a search, and then handcuff them. Now, if the criminal in question did not have any weapons on their person, I would only threaten to stand down while drawing my Taser from its holster. After a few short seconds, I would try to tase them, search them, and put them in handcuffs if they still refused to heed my warning."

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
"In this case, I would immediately notify a member of the leadership of said coworker's involvement if it were known to me that they were 100% involved in something, such as helping a criminal organization or could be corrupt. This is a very serious situation and should be dealt with right away. Now, if the circumstances were slightly different and I had my doubts about whether this officer was truly involved, I would still let a member of leadership know about the problem and seek their permission to gather information and gather the evidence before taking any more action."

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
"If a criminal offered me a bribe, I would reject the offer right away. I would find the individual in question for the attempt because bribery is a crime that carries punishment. If they refuse to pay the fine, I will have them arrested for bribery."

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to unfortunately deny your application to join our faction.​

We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction, but
we have made this decision based on the following reason(s)

COMPETENCE
-
Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the
faction, we sometimes have to deny good applicants because there are
others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to
server reputation or due to the detail that was put to their application.

DETAIL
-
Although we don't deny your will to join the faction, detail is a great
way to show off your interest. Therefore, we recommend spending more
time to try and re-elaborate your application so that it shows off you're
truly engaged in trying to join us!

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend
to pick players who have been in the server for a while, and that have a
relatively clean history. We suggest applying for other factions / community
teams to improve how other players see you and boost your chances at
becoming part of our faction!

ADDITIONAL NOTES