Jan Kims Art Portfolio

ErikFinster

Level 115
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
I love cooperative creative projects. Here are a few I worked on:

1701820331994.png1701820365707.png1701820546387.png
Missing Stars - a visual novel that aims to depict mental disorders and the people who live with them in a realistic, but sensitive and respectful light. I was involved in early art production - sprites and promotional art. Also produced some spicy fanart.Tristoy - a story-driven 2D co-op platformer designed from the ground up exclusively for two player co-operative gaming enjoyment! I was responsible for localization, narrative design, dialog, some UI art, and internal project management.Zistopia - The dystopian Zootopia Fancomic. I helped with layouts and visual pacing of some of the later contributions. I loved the theme and I'm still friends with the original story-writer. I still adore this one to this day!

1701820982305.png1701821200573.png1701821826790.png
Momo & Popo - a webcomic with "blistering action, sizzling comedy, and dogs." Or something like that. I'm the co-creator and co-writer. This is one of my favorite projects of all time. Had 50.000 followers on Instagram once. Was fun! Still love it!Dieselkrieg - a 6mm Fantasy Dieselpunk Miniature Wargame. A new twist of fantasy battle tabletop. I've written lore, did worldbuilding, concept art, and I still dig the idea very much. Still hope to get some more playtesting done!Das Schwarze Auge - the original German answer to Dungeons & Dragons, the tabletop pen-and-paper rpg set in Aventurien. I've did maps and illustrations and had quite some fun working with the publisher. Even though it paid very little, haha!

ErikFinster

Level 115
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Thank you. Participation in a variety of projects does incentivise the development of a broad range of stylistic approaches. As an artist, you can either develop a very specific portfolio and aim to market that specific look - or you can adapt and cater to all kinds of needs. I've been comfortable with adapting (within my given skillset). I never really had great motivation in developing a strong 3D competence - probably nobody ever needed me to. In 2017 I was suddenly tasked with working with vector graphics and now I'm much more comfortable working with vector art. It's all a game of necessity and incentive.

ErikFinster

Level 115
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Here a little abstract expressionism for a change.
It's one part post-World War II era nostalgia,
and another part recycling a canvas for convenience.

what goes in the rain.jpg

Oil on canvas, mostly Krappdunkel/madder deep/garance foncé

Users who are viewing this thread