Denied jaycentral || Governor Application

atjayy

Level 29
phvntombride
phvntombride
Omega+

**I AM PLAYING A DIFFERENT CHARACTER IF ACCEPTED; too lazy to update it. .**
In-game Name:
wwjay // ALT - (Account I’m applying on)
jaycentral // ALT [Reporter]
atjayy // MAIN [Football]

Previous bans (include appeal links):
In March of 2023, I was banned for roughly 2 hours. It was originally a 2 week ban, which ended in me being removed from EMS temporarily. I made an appeal, which was accepted almost immediately due to the proof I provided. I was accused of scamming a player OOCly, to which I stepped forward and cleared the allegations. I was brought back onto EMS the moment my appeal was accepted.

Other than that, I received a warning over a year ago for starting an argument; since then I've been clean.

Here’s the link to my appeal:
BAN APPEAL

(OOC Scamming - 2 weeks → 2 hours. Misunderstanding.)

Discord Tag:
atjayy
(new discord thing..)

Do you have a working microphone?:
I do! I’m rather shy, so I tend to speak only when I need to - other than that, I’m quiet.

Timezone & Country:
MST - North America//USA

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):
ACCEPTED - FACTION:

DOCTOR
REPORTER
TEACHER

DENIED - FACTION:

KPD
BMD
COUNCIL
PRIEST

DENIED - TEAM:
EVENT
MEDIA

ACCEPTED - TEAM:
LORE

Describe your activity on the server:
I currently own three accounts on the server: wwjay, (the one I’m applying on), atjayy (my main account), and jaycentral. My alt, jaycentral, belongs to the reporter faction, while atjayy is a part of the College Male Football team, as well as the lore team. I’ve been fairly active throughout the two years I’ve spent on SRP, and I’m continuing to find more things to participate in to continue my journey on the server.

College Male Football:
As mentioned above, I hold this position on my main account atjayy. I’m still relatively new to the team, joining in May of 2023. This account has had its fair share of sports teams, as well as it being my first one, making it an official main account. If I’m not on my alternative accounts, you’ll see me on this one.

I roleplay with whoever I come across, or with anyone in my group – whether that’s in my team, or outside of it.

EMS:
Sure I’m not a part of the faction anymore, but it deserves its own spot on here. This was the first official faction I joined at the start of 2023, and I held this respected role for quite a while. Unfortunately, I had other things going for me and so I had to take my leave. Being in the EMS faction has helped me build my own character and reputation, making me more interested in the server and giving me a reason to continue playing

Reporter:
One of my other main accounts holds this position as of April 2023. It’s a smaller faction, sure, but it has helped me shift my way towards bettering myself and my writing. You can usually find me running around on this account, engaging in my respected roleplays, or even looking for others to start with. Who knows, maybe you’d be next.

Lore:
The first official community team I’ve joined as of June 2023. I was pushing myself above and beyond with my writing, but after being brought onto the team, I’ve really begun to experience a shift in my writing style, as well as my roleplays. I love writing, really.

What position are you applying for?:
Governor

What is your motivation for applying?:
As an old member of a government faction (EMS), I quite enjoyed my time spent being a part of a large community of players. I’ve been meaning to make my return back, but haven’t found anything I’d enjoy doing so far, until I stumbled across this faction. Being a part of the football team, as well as a Reporter, has made me want to look for something else; something I know I’ll enjoy. Being a part of the faction will grant me the ability to show off how good of a writer I can be, even if I start off small. I’m always looking for a new roleplay situation, and friends to make along the way. Speaking of friends; I have a handful of them applying, and a handful already a part of the faction. It’s nice to be with your friends, right?

There’s a list of ideas I wish to bring forward if accepted, and it includes the entire team.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
Of course. I’ll read through them as much as I can in case I struggle.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
I, for one, actually want to see a change in the community, even if it’s through IC means. It’ll be something simple; a standing base, until I’m ready to progress. As a faction, I expect to see great things being brought forth, and an exciting way to engage with the whole community.
I’ve been an active player within the server for over two years, and I’ve seen this faction shift and change over time. I want to be a part of this change by offering new ideas and methods to help with getting around the server. I’m not afraid of public speaking, so addressing any issues and changes ICly, or even OOCly, wouldn’t cause much worry.

I also look for individual growth. Not only do I want to experience something new, but I want to witness my peers have fun with their positions. I’d say I’m a good writer, but I’m hoping to go above and beyond with my writing and ideas. You can expect me to push everyone to their limits and cheer them on the entire way. I’d like to think I’d become a higher up eventually, maybe within the next year or so. With every other faction I’ve been a part of, I’ve gradually built myself a reputation and climbed up the ladder of ranks. I enjoy being one’s inspiration, or having total control over an entire team.

Anywho, enjoy this little ICly writing I authored.

“My name is Nirvana Laurier, and I want to cleanse the corrupted. .”

—-------

“Oh, I guess I’ll continue on with what I mean. This city is rotten. We, as people, can all agree with that. So where do we start? Well, it’ll take an effort to put people in their place, even if it’s through actions we must take to rid this city of its rot. I want to cure this city of its sickness, even if it takes me months. . No, years.”

“What is this sickness I speak of? The evil that lurks within; the hatred everyone has for one another. Why can’t we all get along? I want to bring forth a better world for Karakura and its people, and it all starts with our crew. The unnecessary manslaughter; the acts of crime those throw out against the city - we can stop that, even if it takes us a lifetime. No more will the people of this city shed their blood for the unruly nature of our city.”

“Sorry, I got carried away.”

“New laws will be established; laws I truly believe deserve a chance at shining amongst the stars of our city. They’ll bring hope and honesty to a city of dark, and it all starts with the people. Their decisions and ideas will help build our nation from the ground up. Perhaps a voting system will come into play? They cast their votes and we go from there. It’s fair game, really. I know what a rotten city can do to a kid. I’ve seen it firsthand, as I’m a victim of this crazy life. Let me fix it.”

—-------

“I’m sure you’ve heard it all, but I’ll hand out my side of the story. I, for one, wish to change my life and experience a new and improved way of living. Maybe I’ll start a family with the girl of my dreams, or maybe I’ll reach for the stars and take over. This nation shall be ruled by me in a lifetime, but I’ll settle with where I stand now. I promise our city that I will fulfill my duties as a governor; Nirvana Laurier, closing out.”

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
I’ve noticed that SRP’s interpretation of a government and the duties given to the worker differ from the real world, so I figured I’d make a section for both of them.

Governors are below the Deputy Mayor, making it a highly respected position within the government. There are a handful of tasks governors must undergo in order to maintain their position, so I made a small list down below.

What a Governor does:

SRP

(I don’t remember everything they do. .)

OFFICIAL CITIZEN I.D:
(all govt workers now)
For a handful of yen, you can purchase an official I.D. that displays everything you’ll need to know about someone. Approach a worker at the front desk and ask to receive an ID. You’ll be given a step by step routine on what to do, and how to do it, and your ID will be all yours after you hand over 5000 in Yen.

CHARACTER HEADSTONE:
A rarely used feature, but still worth a mention.

Maybe you recently lost a character of yours, or maybe you’re hoping to bring back the memory of a character far past their due date. A lengthy process, sure, but for a total of over a million yen, you can sorta bring back the dead. . Or, at least the memories of them.

BUSINESSES
Governors, being one of the higher rankings of the government, are in control of any upcoming businesses a player wishes to expand.

They’ll sit down with everyone involved, and sign off paperwork. If there’s any knowledge about the business OOCly, such as a discord or any additional players, the Governor involved will include that in the setup. Official paperwork will be created ICly and OOCly, and spread out onto a format where it’ll be viewed by the public once it settles.

After its approval, the Governor will remain in contact with the business owner to stay up to date and help out. Most official SRP Businesses have their own roster. There isn’t a limit on how many businesses may be owned, but it’s rare you’ll come across them.

OOC
(Or both ICly and OOCly)

IMPLEMENTING LAWS:
One of the commonly looked upon jobs of a governor, is to implement new state laws.

A bill is usually created by said governor, which gets passed on to a higher ranking and discussed amongst the respected governor and those able to pass the bill. If the bill is agreed upon, it gets sent in to the leader of the nation – a president or mayor, so to say. It’s common that the committee will hold a vote on the bill to see if it's worthy enough to be signed off. If given the right away, the Mayor will sign off the deed.

Implementing new laws is one of the most important tasks to date, as it keeps the nation updated with any changes or passed bills.

COURT HEARING:
Much like the Deputy-Mayor, the Governor is the overseer of a court hearing. Whether it’s someone against someone, or someone against nature, governors are expected to maintain a professional environment. They have the say on most of it, leaving the judgment up to an actual judge. Think of the governors as a director, or along the lines of that. They take the stand first and call up any workers present at the time. They’ll recite a pledge, one they swear to themselves, and continue on from there.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
Yes, I’ll do my best to ensure I remain in the faction.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
Much like any other, I suppose. I’ll do my best.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
I don’t have enemies, so I don’t see this being an issue.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
Yes

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
Depending on the time, I should be able to attend. If I happen to miss it, I’ll inform a higher up immediately

“I’ll shed blood for my rotten city.”

Full name:
Nirvana Laurier

Shay August

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
Mr.
(Mister)

Current age:

Date of birth:
Friday, March 22, 1997

(He/Him)

Academic Degree:
Nirvana attended Vienna University for 6 years. His father, Johannes Laurier, offered him a chance at making a name for himself, which led to where Nirvana stands now.

“I attended college without a clear mind on what I wanted to do. I dunno if I wanted to do art, major in English, or drop out. I was bound to the limits I set myself, which led to countless nights without sleep. . I tried to figure out what I needed to do. . So, I suppose I’ll tell you the story.”

“My father was a wealthy man; overwhelmingly successful in life, he never had time for me. . Or for his family. It’s funny though, because that sort of inspired me, yanno? I wanted to do what he did, but better – my family would’ve come first before anything else. . So I settled on Vienna University, the school my father once attended. I was given helluva buncha options – I could’ve done Science, Biochemistry . . You get the idea. ..”

“But. . I eventually settled on Law School, for whatever reason that was. I had a grandfather who was heavily influenced by America’s politics, and was the biggest Republican fella I knew, but he was cool I guess. Anywho, let’s get back on track. . “

“I focused on my bachelor’s degree for a while, setting aside my personal life and working harder on finishing this degree. Let me tell ya, though. . I nearly gave up. My mother often wrote to me, and told me how proud of me she was – that sure as hell got me goin’ again. I managed to ace my finals, which led to the first degree. As for the second, well. . My mother fell incredibly ill, and soon succumbed to her illness. I was devastated, but I continued to push on until I couldn’t anymore. Soon enough, I was granted a Master’s degree in Business. . .”

. . .

“I almost majored in English too, but I grew extremely bored of it and dropped the classes.”

Major(s):
A bachelor’s (4 Years) in Political Science and a Master’s (2 Years) in Business.

Minor(s):
Would’ve gotten a Master’s in English, but Nirvana gave it up. It was still a minor of his.

Work experience:
(I put it in a resume)

RESUME

CONTACT
Karakura, Japan
(+81) (030)-717-0337
nlaurier12@karamail.net
ACCOMPLISHMENTS

Attended Vienna Law School and successfully graduated with two degrees – Bachelor’s in Political Science, and a Master’s in Business; years present: 2016 - 2021.
EDUCATION
Bachelor’s in P.S.
(2015 - 2019)
Master’s in Busin.
(2019-2021)

SKILLS
Public Speaking
Decision Making
Time Management
Persuasion

HOBBIES
Football (soccer). I used to be a captain back in H.S.
Writing
Hiking

WORK EXPERIENCE:
Auto body Mechanic (2012-2014)
J.D’s Auto Shop
I guess you can call this a job. I was barely 15 at the time when I started out as a trainee, or whatever the term is. It was one of my homie’s shops located in the heart of Compton, California. You can probably figure out what we did there: build cars, drink beers, and pick up ladies. It was fun for a while, before I was sent off to Amsterdam at 17.

You should’ve seen the ‘79 Firebird we had in our shop.
SKILLS:
Heavy Lifting
Teamwork
Communication

Freelance Writer (2015 - 2016)
Laurier’s Enchants

A part-time job I picked up at my father’s digital company. I was fresh out of highschool and needed something to get me by. As a team, we published and designed websites and articles for the public to view. I unfortunately left after a year or so. . I got bored of how repetitive it had become. This was also a huge inspiration for my English minor.

SKILLS:
Research
Writing (obv.)
Communication

Innkeeper (2019-2023)
Rostiger Anker (German) – Rusty Anchor

I started off as one of their cleaners, and gradually climbed up the management ladder. This was another family owned business owned by an uncle of mine. After his passing, I was given his position of being an innkeeper. Keep in mind I was still in college at the time, so I was almost never there. It was fun while it lasted, but I recently quit and moved to Karakura, Japan, where I reside now.

SKILLS:
Customer Service
Strong Organization
Communication

Political background:
“I grew up on the roughest side of Compton, so I barely ever had time for politics n’ stuff like that. My grandfather was heavily influenced by the republican party, and attempted to turn me over to it. I don’t believe in changin’ my city. . In fact, it’s far past savin’. No matter what the government threw at us, or whichever political parties stained the city streets, life never changed. I had an ounce of hope that maybe, just maybe, there was someone out there to save us.”

“I believed in the blue side for a while, the democratic party, despite my grandfather's wishes. All of the benefits they brought forth; the laws and communities they established with the help of their citizens. That’s what I wanted to see in a government party, and they delivered. Durin’ the presidential elections, I was the first of many kids to the TV screen. I cheered on the blue, but still held my respect for the opposing parties. My grandfather and I spoke heavily of politics, even debating against each other for fun - this was quite common in our household.”

“Throughout the years, I continued to shed my blood for the blue until I was forced to leave the city. I made a living in Vienna, Austria, where I quickly picked up my history on its government. What were the chances they had to belong to the democratic party themselves? I continued my living in Vienna, Austria, where I eventually fell in love with the place. I wanted to help change the city, and eventually the world. With the help of my ill father, Johannes, I found a life inside of college.”

“I was sent to Amsterdam for a few years and accomplished nothing. I didn’t involve myself with the government, as I thought it was useless by now. We don’t speak of that anymore.”

“My love for the government carried on. I spent six years of my life building a reputation and learning about all sorts of parties and lifestyles. ‘I needed that’, was something I told myself often. With my love for the government, I soon found myself finishing college and seeking a job opportunity. My heart was set on Karakura, Japan. . - Once I made myself at home in Karakura, I fell deeply in love with the government, and the ideas they wish to act on. They expect their people, or anyone else involved within the community of that matter, to help make decisions. I have a thousand and one ideas to bring to the table, maybe I’ll be your next governor.”

Nationality & born location:
“My father was a German Businessman who lived outside of the states majority of my life. He fell in love with my mother, Natalia Montero, who later birthed my older brother and I. We were of German-Spanish descent. I was born in Compton, California, before I was forced to live in Amsterdam for a few years."

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
German
Japanese
Spanish

English

Criminal record:
N/A

What makes you a good candidate for this job?

(I wrote it as if he took the stand and made his presentation to the public. . :3)
“Do you want to see changes in a rotten city far past its due date? Why, I’d be the best for that. I grew up in a wasteland and witnessed a life of rot firsthand; my ideas of changing a nation shall not go unnoticed. My love for a healthy government is out of reach compared to the rest. I truly wish to expand our government and save the people of our rotten city.”

“I was influenced by the democratic party my entire life. Witnessing the changes it brought to a corrupt way of life inspired me to act the same, so I went and did it. I was set on the idea of being in control, even if I had to start off at the low-end of things. I’m not afraid to get my hands dirty, so you’ll see me take a stand immediately - public speakin’ is a personal favorite of mine, actually. I’ve devoted my life to bettering myself, and I want to reflect it by shaping a new world. I’m here for the people and the loving community they have built. Think of me when you need a shoulder to cry on, or when things go south and the city is torn apart. The people can rely on me - our government as a whole will need my help. My ideas; the plans I have to rid the evil from this world. You can rely on me.”

“I’m a charming young man; let my dialect influence you to do unimaginable things. Take what little you have and turn it into art - let your imagination flow. I will support you all with your decisions; this is your safe haven.”

I'm in two factions, Football and Reporter, but I'm willing to leave reporter if needed.

Last edited:

Aania

Level 169
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
pendingapplications.png

After discussion with fellow Higher Ups of the Government Faction, we have chosen to place you on pending:
  • Your application is well structured & written, but other applicants stood out more​
  • We believe you, as of now, have too many roles​
  • Once a position opens, you'll be contacted to see if you'd still like to be part of the faction​

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
DENIED

After careful discussion with the Higher Ups of the faction, we have chosen to deny you:

Other applicants stood out more, we appreciate your application, and you can apply again at any point in the future.​

Users who are viewing this thread