PLAYER INFORMATION

In-game Name:
JustVibing

Discord Tag:
vide_g

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes, I do have a working microphone

Timezone & Country:
Currently I live in the USA, and my time zone is Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):

Describe your activity on the server:
On Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, I work a job oocly in the mornings between the times of 10AM-3PM EST, so I will mainly be online in the afternoon and evening during those days. Wednesdays and weekends I’m usually online all day unless I need to help my family with something, then I won’t be on until early afternoon. On days that I work I’ll be on for about 4-8 hours, and on days off I’ll be on for 12+ hours. I plan on getting another job here quite soon, so my availability might be adjusted, but my playtime shouldn’t be affected too much. Right now I mostly roleplay three characters, which is one college character and two adult characters. I’m currently in Geheimer Verband as one of my two adult characters (not the one that I’m applying as).

D_NyO_OUEAArI0E.jpeg

What position are you applying for?:
I'm applying to be a Judge

What is your motivation for applying?:
Well, I want to be able to broaden my roleplay experience as a start. I’ve been in many sports throughout my time of being on this server, from the bobcat track team two months after joining the server, to the bobcat swim team and continuing to improve my detailrp through there, as well as becoming the college female basketball captain back in 2023 last year. I’ve also been involved in the gangrp community and understanding how perms work, developing character lore through it, and even have been a faculty member for a few months before ultimately quitting due to icly reasons. However, I think that being a Judge on this server would make me involved with more roleplay experience. I’ve also been interested in being a Judge ever since the Herrington vs Popovich trial event all the way back in 2021, watching how the trials work within SRP is very fascinating to me. I’ve been going to a good amount of trials that happen within the server, gaining knowledge of how it works on the server, and eventually gaining an interest in the legal system in general, watching videos online about real like cases and trials, growing more knowledge and interest in it as well. I may not know everything that goes on within the faction, but I’m quite interested to gain more knowledge on it by joining the faction.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
Yes, I'm very familiar with Karakura's current laws and constitutional rights.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
IC:
The goal for my character is to be able to help out the citizens of Karakura by keeping the streets safe from any and all criminals that might try to harm any and all innocent people. Through evidence, she wants to put the criminals away behind bars through trials, give people restraining orders for those who need it, and to make people happy for the rest of their lives. She’s chosen Karakura because she understands how corrupt and dangerous the town is, and she wants to help with the most dangerous cities across the world, and she thought that Karakura was a good place to start. Lastly, I want my character to step outside their comfort zone, eventually being more open and talkative to people outside of the government faction.

OOC:
My goal personally is to be able to expand my roleplay experience outside of the roleplay that I’ve done so far, as well as roleplay something that I genuinely think that I would truly enjoy, which is being a Judge and being part of the trials. I’ve been watching videos online about cases and court trials, rather it would be small cases or very serious ones, and I do enjoy watching those videos, as well as it gives me some knowledge about how exactly the courts work. However, I don’t truly understand how exactly it works until I become part of it myself, and I think the role of Judge on SRP is the closest thing to expanding my knowledge on it, despite being in a fictional setting. I want to also bond with those not only within the faction, but also to more people within the server, to have a great time being the role.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
Attending trials:
While attending a trial, a Judge must remain unbiased towards all individuals that are involved in the trial at all times, regardless if they’re related or know the person. They are to listen to the statements from each lawyer involved with their client, listen to all of the testimonies from the plaintiff(s), defendant(s), and any witnesses or victims that might be involved in the incident. After doing so as well as reviewing all of the evidence that’s provided during the trial, the Judge’s then walk off to have a discussion. They determine if the defendant is either innocent or guilty, and then they give an appropriate punishment to the defendant depending on the severity of the case. This is crucial because they can heavily impact the rest of that person’s life.

Issuing warrants:
A Judge may issue a warrant to an officer for the police to be able to raid an individual’s apartment/house given that the officer(s) involved have enough and valid evidence towards that person in order to do so. They are to remain unbiased towards officers no matter what they try to do to get a warrant.

Reviewing cases:
Judges are to be looking over any current or past cases against any individuals that got in trouble with the law. It could be from something small like a restraining order violation, or something as big as a murder case.

Officiating a Marriage:
A couple may approach a Judge if one is available and ask them to officiate a Marriage. Both members must be at least 20 years of age in order for the marriage to be considered legal and official. They are then both required to sign a document, in which the Judge would then finally sign the document after the couple pays 100k yen, making the marriage official and considered legal in Karakura. Governors may also officiate marriages if a Judge is unavailable.

File restraining orders:
An individual or multiple individuals may approach a Judge or Lawyer and request to get a restraining order on someone. They must provide a name, reason for the restraining order, and valid evidence to support this claim, rather that’d be from texts, photo, or video proof from either themselves or from other people. If enough evidence is provided, the Judge or lawyer will give two copies of the restraining order. One for the individual themselves, and the other one for the accused to be given to from the individual or the Judge/Lawyer.

Front desk work:
A Judge, just like a lawyer and Governor, may do any front desk work. This goes from giving people identification cards, to answering any questions that someone might have about the laws of Karakura, to any complaints and concerns about anyone within the city of Karakura.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
Yes, I'm very well aware that I can be removed at any given point and time through any justified and valid reason.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
Yes, I will be dedicated to my position of Judge upon being accepted.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
I will not show any ooc bias towards anyone during any situation, even if that person happens to be a friend of mine. Everything icly will be kept icly.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
Yep! I've read through all of the rules of the faction.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
Absolutely! If I cannot make it to a certain event or meeting I will dm either the Chief Judge or the faction lead if needed

IN CHARACTER SECTION

Capture1.PNG

Full name:
"Ummmm... Hi, my name is Karina Vasilieva..."

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
"Well... Just call me Ms. Vasilieva for now..."

Current age:
"My age...? Well... currently I'm 25 years old... I'll be 26 in a few months..."

Date of birth:
"I was born on November 17th, 1998..."

Academic Degree:
"I have a PhD in law..."

Major(s):
"I majored in criminology and sociology..."

Minor(s):
"Literature... it's my favorite hobby after all..."

Work experience:
"Other than working at a restaurant back at home, I don't have a full time work experience..."

Nationality & born location:
"Y-you want to know where I was born at...? T-to start off, I'm Russian, and I was born in Orenburg..."

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
"Well, I speak Russian as my native language... I do speak some Japanese, but it's not great... still learning it... I also speak some French and a little bit of Spanish..."

Criminal record:
"I don't have a criminal record..."

What makes you a good candidate for this job?
“For starters, I’m willing to dedicate my time and life to this job… I’m extremely passionate about this as seen in my PhD in law plus my majors in criminology and sociology… always wanting to get involved with the law and bringing criminals to justice… wanting the people of the beautiful city of Karakura to feel protected and safe from the corrupt that run rampant throughout the city… Despite my lack of experience in the field, I do believe that I’m an excellent candidate for the job, and I promise to fulfill my duties as a Judge in an completely unbiased point of view, taking the city of Karakura in the right direction for people not just currently in the city, but also those who move here in the future to live in safely…”

Additional notes:
If accepted, I'd like my college role to be moved to my second character slot please! (Currently it's Grade-12 which I don't currently use)

Last edited:

Aania

Level 177
Administrator
News Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
acceptedapplications.png

After careful discussion with the Higher Ups of the faction, we've decided to accept you:

Please contact me over Discord @Aania to start the process and get you set!

Welcome to the Government Faction :D​

Users who are viewing this thread