-kam

Level 76
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
kamxie

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Yes I do, it is mckamsym

Do you have a microphone?:
I do! I am willing to vc whenever appropriate or just for fun!

What is your time zone?:
My current timezone is GMT.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes of course. I'd rather this happen so that a space can open up for some body who is going to be more active than i will.

Describe your activity on the server:
I be
gan this obscene and strange journey in late 2022. A random month where I was bored and seeked something new. I had been roleplaying for some time before this on other servers that my friends held. So I decided to try my luck at one where it was official and developed better than something that a few smelly teenagers made on blockbench in their mom's garage. I originally seeked intrest into the GangRP community where, I believe, I managed to collect myself a somewhat decent reputation. I have been doing this for a year or so and it is mainly what I am known for. As of right now, I just kind of go with the flow, going with anything that anyone says and just being happy to join in on experiences. In terms of how often I'm on it naturally changes due to school and things that I do out of character. Generally, I like to spend around four hours a day online. Attached below is a table to represent the times i am online in GMT [/BST dependant on the time of year]

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-language-application.63804/ [NOTE THAT I WROTE MY IGN WRONG SO THIS WAS THEN ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/itsjustkams-receptionist-application.71318/ [awaiting response]

What are your current roles on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
I am a Grade-12 student as of right now.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I am applying to teach History.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I think a lot of it comes from this odd "itch" I've had recently. It's this weird feeling where I have this constant need for something new. For me, a great way to start this is the teaching faction. The teaching faction is the core part of SchoolRP and hence being here would be a great way for me to get my name out there. Another big reason comes from the fact that I know so much about it. As a Grade-12 student for almost two years I know full well about how the teachers live their lives and do their jobs. Teaching is a great way to start in terms of factions as it requires a large amount of dedication and I can truly show my abilities within this faction. Another thing is the trouble that teacher's go through. The majority of the time, teachers have to deal with students who are trolling or FailRPing, for me, this is a good way to get my experience in with that field.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?
Yes I do.

Do you understand if your application is accepted, you will have to undergo teacher training?:
Of course!

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
The teacher class logs serve as a bot within the academic server, aiding teachers in monitoring various aspects. These include the number of classes they have conducted in the previous month, the students present in each class, as well as the start and end times of each session, among other valuable information. These logs play a crucial role in assisting teachers to stay organized and ensure they meet their required quota. Moreover, they contribute to reducing the stress associated with teaching.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Rule 1 - Cell phones are stricly prohibited. All students within the class cannot use their phones at any point in the lesson unless they are told other wise. This is to ensure minimal distractions in the class, including conversations within the class, and outside the room.
Rule 2 -The dis-allowance of alchohol. Alcohol is strictly prohibited in the classroom and under no circumstances should students posses or consume any form of alcohol within the school premises, let alone the class. If found with alcohol, you will have it instantly taken from you and sent to detention after school.
Rule 3 - No eating or drinking during class Students are strictly prohibited from consuming food or beverages during class time. It is important for students to utilize designated break and lunch times for eating, ensuring that class time is solely dedicated to learning.
Rule 4 - Relevance of questions to the class topic Every question asked during class must be directly related to the topic being taught. Irrelevant questions will be disregarded, and the class will proceed as if the question was never asked. In cases where the same irrelevant question is repeatedly asked, students will be advised to refrain from doing so. If the distraction persists, removal from the class may be necessary.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I typically dedicate the majority of my time to engaging in CombatRP, RomanceRP, or assuming the role of a nurturing older sibling. I find great satisfaction in the aspect of Roleplay that allows me to maintain a relaxed demeanor whilst having some form of control over the overall situation. I really like the idea of DetailRP as it is an activity that I thoroughly enjoy immersing myself in. Outside of SRP, I used to do alot of acting, Although it may not seem that improtant, I had to engage in alot of improvisation at the time, which can be considered a form of role play. Furthermore, I have participated in a few role plays in the past that revolved around the concept of "FantasyRP," where I would assume the persona of a character endowed with extraordinary powers.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: Department heads are educators who serve as the authority figure in their subject area and have demonstrated their competence for the position. They possess additional responsibilities, such as reviewing footage from cameras to determine the events of a particular situation. Department heads are typically summoned in cases where incidents, like altercations, have occurred and require intervention.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: An experienced teacher is one who has advanced from the status of a newly qualified teacher, typically after several months in the role. These educators have encountered a greater variety of situations compared to their newly qualified counterparts, and have acquired sufficient expertise to transition out of the NQT category.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly-Qualified-Teacher
↳ Description: A recently certified educator is an instructor who has recently completed their training and is now entrusted with their own classroom. This enables them to independently conduct their own classes and teach autonomously.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Untrained Teacher
↳ Description: The latest additions to the teaching staff are currently undergoing training to become newly qualified teachers. They assume this position upon being accepted into the faculty and do not yet have their own designated classrooms. Nevertheless, they have the opportunity to participate in other teachers' classes and further their learning.
Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

OOC:
Teachers have a big job - they're there to teach us stuff and help us understand it. They all have their own ways of teaching, but at the end of the day, they just want us to get it. They're also there for us outside of class, not just for school stuff, but for other things too. Teachers are pretty busy during school hours and how much they get paid can depend on things like how long they've been teaching and where they're working. In the UK, new teachers can make anywhere from £28,000 to £34,502, and that can go up as they get more experience. After school, teachers spend time getting ready for the next day and setting up fun stuff like clubs and sports for us to do

SRP:
Teachers in schoolrp play a similar role to real-life school faculty. They educate students, prepare them for exams, and help out with extracurricular activities and clubs. Their pay isn't based on rank, but on the number of classes they teach per month, ranging from ¥350,000 to ¥500,000. When not teaching, they also keep an eye on students and make sure everyone follows the rules. Their main goal is to prevent students from getting into trouble and create a friendly environment for everyone.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers play a crucial role in the server as the entire server revolves around the school. It is their responsibility to uphold the rules on campus. It is also their responsibility to make the RP as fun and as intresing as possible. Without teachers being in the server, there would be no School in SchoolRP. SchoolRP genuinely has "school" in, teachers are a vital part of this part of the server as they are literally the core of it all.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The lesson planning seems to work on a method called MoSCoW which stands for Must have, Should have, Could have, will not have.
Character Information
1712481570987.png
Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?

Takahiro Miyawaki, a tall 6"4 male, possesses an athletic physique. He speaks with a soft Irish accent that complements his deep and gentle voice. On his face, there is a striking sharp scar that runs across his left eye, almost as if it had vanished! Additionally, there is a scar from a knife wound that trails down his chest. His facial structure resembles that of a hawk, with a remarkably prominent jawline. His medium-length, light brown hair gracefully falls down his shoulders, often styled in a messy middle parting, which suits his face the best. When it comes to his sense of fashion, he would generally keep it so that he dressed in a more formal fashion.
In terms of his behavior, Taka's actions are heavily influenced by the circumstances. Normally, he exudes a gentle and kind demeanor. However, if provoked, he wouldn't hesitate to address the issue. In more relaxed settings, like the break room or social gatherings, he tends to be quite friendly. Takahiro strives to maintain a reputation as a fun-loving individual who is well-liked by many, always willing to help with any challenges, whether alone or with a team. In professional settings, Miyawaki maintains the same attitude. While it may be a serious environment, he sees no harm in injecting some liveliness. Meeting targets is crucial, but Taka ensures that students feel comfortable reaching those goals.

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?
Miyawaki would generally keep an open-mind. Taka himself was once a student and so understands any struggles that people may go through and most likely knows how to help them. When it comes to students he generally keeps an open-eye at their attitudes often keeping as a softy for those who liked him. Taka would generally follow one rule-
"Respect me in the same way that you wish to be respected"
He often recites this when it comes to a pety arguement, as for most of the time he will mirror back the individuals emotions back to them.

What are their plans for the future?
A future is something that he generally doesn't think about. Often he enjoys the idea of retiring and enjoying life when he gets to his fifties. But there is no real plans in the future.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

"My initial response would involve addressing the situation by advising them against using profanity, as it is disrespectful to the school and disruptive to the classes. Additionally, I would make an effort to question the situation and find a resolution if there is an issue, considering both perspectives involved. However, if the individuals persist in using offensive language, I would seek assistance from the administration to put an end to the situation. If the inappropriate behavior persists even after three warnings, I would consider issuing detention slips, if appropriate and necessary."

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
"I would attempt to redirect their focus to the lesson by addressing the issue or exploring why they became disengaged in order to enhance the lesson's appeal and recapture their attention. If this approach proves ineffective, I will involve myself by participating in their discussions, attempting to join in and steer the conversation back to the lesson. Should the problem persist, I will take action by removing those who are not attentive."

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Generally if Taka was by himself he would mark any work that was unmarked, assuring that his time was used efficiently. However, if someone decides to come to the lounge that he enjoys being around: he will not waste a second and begin in conversation! Of course, he will keep it proffesional but will attempt to light up the atmostphere as it's a rather dull place.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
smiled softly as he walked up to his desk, gently setting his briefcase down by his desk chair. Taka would then take his white board pen and begin writing on the board behind him. &f&l"Mr. Miyawaki. History Lesson #1" &uThe male would then place the whiteboard marker slyly behind his own ear and turn swiftly to the class: his hands clasping as a smile swept across his face &F&o"Ok lads." &uTakahiro took a moment, letting the students get engaged before continueing &f&o"Today we're learning about the second world war. Please turn to the board and get some notes down for this alright?"

/me slowly turned to the individual, his hand still midway in the air as he was rudely spoke over &F&o"Okay mate, no need to interupt me ok? Let me finish my conversation and I'll be with you shortly alright?" &uTakahiro then returned to his conversation, his face rather stern &f&o"As you were saying?" &uMiyawaki said placing his hands into his own pockets as he continued intently listening.

/me sprinted towards the individuals: Yelling at the top of his lungs &F&l"BREAK IT UP AT ONCE" &uAfter getting in range, he would immediately question &F&o"What the hell do you think you boys are doing?" &uMiyawaki would seem slightly enraged at the sight of the fight. In one motion he would pull the two apart, sitting them down away from eachother &f&O"Now both of you- tell me what's going on.."

/me as he awaited for the students to finish this test, Taka would get slowly more and more bored. With a rather dead expression on his face he would take a little elastic band from his desk and tie his hair up into a half-up, half-down style. Takahiro then began walking around the class. When he noticed the individual was struggling he'd squat down and whisper softly to the individual &F&o"Everything alright? Anything I can help ya with?"

Backstory
"My childhood? Father never told me of that.."

Childhood, the structure and foundation of an entire mans life. For Takahiro this was no different.
Taka grew up in south east ireland in the town of Carlingford. He grew up like a rather normal child, he had both his parents, no siblings, and a wealthy home. However, a normal story would strike boredom right? And indeed, this wasnt the case for takahiro. Within his earlier years he spent a large amount of time reading, this was purely due to the fact that his mother was a librarian and Miyawaki would often join her when she went to work. However, these years were very vague as he was only within his toddler ages at the time.

"All tides turn, and indeed so did mine."
Turning to the age of nine, Takahiro's life took a sudden change, he'd wake up one day to find that.. his mother wasnt home? How strange.. Takahiro would then find himself strolling down the stairs, his innocent, glimmering eyes just scanning the room for one thing, his mother. But these eyes were soon to change, Takahiro would find himself learning that neither his mother nor his father were home. Neither of them. Yet he seemed, unbothered? Miyawaki then found himself just, continueing with his life.. Of course this was abnormal but due to his families insane amount of money that was left behind, the taxes and bills just paid themselfs. But of course, cash isnt infinite.

"School, some find it a torture mechanism. For me its a fixture of the mind."

Miyawaki found himself a teenager, sadly secondary school was something that he could not skip. Of course he went to primary school, but what learning is sticking pasta to a piece of paper? Our little character found himself being the quiet kid. He never found himself talking to others unless its the circumstance of being approached. This meant that he could happily find himself fixating on his work, gathering himself some outstanding intelligence. Whilst this was all handy, friendship was something that the human mind needed, and this meant that he had to acknowledge other individuals.. Yuck. So, as a curious teenager he would visit the school library. Approaching a table full of around six students.
Taka: "Hey.."
Ume: "Hi!"
Taka: "..Mind if i sit with you lot? I cant lug around this bag any longer"
Ume; "If you wish!"
Taka would quickly befriend them, assuring that they all knew of his name and his small intrests. His reading, his music and his intrest in the past. This group specifically helped majorly with his intrest in the past. The intrest in history. Now this obviously wasnt just it. This didnt just make school school.
As said before this was like a haven for his mind, a moment for it to relax whilst it worked. School especially did this when it came to the minds of the past. This came alot with anything from greek philosiphers to contreversial politicians, yet of course he would still find that respite in the class room.

Working. Nothing that every man wants to do yet has to. For this an old friend of his father reached out randomly and offered him a job at an office for his company. Just above minimum wage, just below normal hours. This worked. This really helped wih his later years in school as he didnt have to strive for money much nor worry about it and just focus on his school.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

"The names Takahiro Miyawaki"

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
"I preffer the title of Mr. Specifically Mr. Miyawaki"

Given Name(s):
"Takahiro Miyawaki"

Preferred Name:
Taka stopped momentarily, thinking for a moment "Its never really matter but as said before I very much preffer the idea of "Mr. Miyawaki"

Age (Minimum is 25):
Takahiro chuckled softly as he counted swiftly on his fingers "Gosh that went quick.. I'm 34!"

Religious Denomination:
"I am an atheist!"

Marital Status:
"I am currently Unmarried"

Nationality:
"I am Irish at birth but I've lived here in Japan since I was 18!"

Current Location:
"I reside in Karakura in Japan."

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

"I spent alot of time in my "dads" mates office when I was younger. I generally did a lot of paperwork and sorted stuff out for him. I was like a mini-personal-assistant. If you will. Anyway, I did this from the age of 17-25. And then I got curious and guess what, I'm here!"

Academic Degree:
"Masters"

Year of Graduation:
"I believe it was 2014"

Major(s):
"Business Administration, History"

Minors:
"Office Management"

Native Languages:
"Japanese"

Other Languages:
"JSL, Russian and Italian"

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
"CELTA! I figured the abbreviation sounded the best, sel-ta so i went for that"

Extra

Additional notes about your application: You need water after all this application marking.

Do you have any questions?: Have you had water today?

Attachments

• Untitled design (1).png
    Untitled design (1).png
    419 KB · Views: 67
  • Untitled design (3).png
    Untitled design (3).png
    407 KB · Views: 49
  • Untitled design (1).png
    Untitled design (1).png
    419 KB · Views: 7
  • Untitled design (2).png
    Untitled design (2).png