KPS | The Reversion or The Difference

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
It’s really not, Gangrp is Minor, Major, then escalating to Killing, that’s all Gangrp is
GangRP, otherwise known as CriminalRP, is the act of an individual or group of people collectively committing crimes together for the sake of business, money, glory, cults, etc. GangRP is not meant to be “acting on perms”. It is meant to be the art of engaging in criminal activity through several key components. Some will excel more than others. My preferred “style” if you will of GangRP is business criminalRP. Generally speaking I like to focus more on taking people down via corrupt business deals, “spying”, loan sharking, and more. I can GangRP without utilizing even minor permissions. It’s all about the way you personally decide to GangRP so it shouldn’t be generalized in the single category of “acting on perms”. CriminalRP was never mean to be just that.

BearDucky

Level 35
BearDucky
BearDucky
Rich+
Because you and those people lack the progression that gang roleplay needs to recover as a likeable form of roleplay.
i don’t personally Gangrp, I’m just saying what I think would be right as I said it doesn’t only RUIN Gangrp

Customable

Level 139
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
i don’t personally Gangrp, I’m just saying what I think would be right as I said it doesn’t only RUIN Gangrp
what else has it ruined then? either way, you are clearly referencing the topic of wanting to kill characters off simply because you can, which is exactly why these changes were implemented, to stop people who are not interested in roleplaying the topic and instead simply sitting and perm hunt people, blaming this on the weapon changes as well as not a reasonable response because weapons can be changed separately from the kill permission system, which is what this feed back post has clearly been made against.

There is absolutely no reason why kill perms need to be introduced again unless you are openly admitting to exclusively engaging in the senseless killing of characters without lore.

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
big -1, maybe try and give it time to settle down, as been stated by staff in other posts, there's been a surprising amount of people who've willingly given out KPS on themselves, this encourages actual roleplay on a roleplay server, Embrace change! give it time to settle in, embrace the new changes and run with them, before we revert to a rudimentary system that practically no other RP server uses, let's see if it works, eh? :D

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Most gangs have already adapted to this new system and have decided to do pretty neat stuff with
it. I could explain in further detail why this system is beneficial, but a picture is worth a thousand words

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
It's been literally a few days, give it a rest and actually try the update out before making an entire feedback post trying to remove it :cry:

Lizalopod

Level 130
i personally am unable to Gangrp, because it effects not only Gangrp, it’s effects more than Gangrp and that simply why I’m making this thread, also you do not Gangrp so I see why you say -100
I've played several antagonists / criminal characters before (not in srp), I'm not against gangrp at all, I find it fun to roleplay that stuff. I haven't gotten involved with SRPs gangrp because in my opinion it's not roleplay in my opinion, it's just a random rolling game with keybinds.

I'm glad that hebwig is pushing criminal rp towards a more roleplay based thing. If it keeps up I'd get into it honestly.

Just because someone doesn't or has never gangrped on SRP doesn't mean they don't know anything about it and shouldn't have an opinion :l

tong

Level 70
psychoment
psychoment
Rich
wheres that copypasta
here you go
stop crying about your original character's legs being cut off. you shouldn’t be GANGRPING if you don’t want your character to get hurt or killed. or maybe just get better at gangrp? get better rolls. i don’t do p2l because there’s no RISK to it LOL. why would i p2l anyway? that’s just you trying to excuse your stalling. i’m getting staff, by the way. atoki is my favorite staff uwu. what do you mean my character doesn’t have a reason to do this? you knocked me out. what’s the difference between JockRP and GangRP? stop making stuff up. i have perms. i don’t want to waste them. talk to staff after this if you want to get it voided. like i said, just get better rolls and stop doing p2l. there’s no point anyway. no risk and no reward. plus i’m too lazy to type actions. cuultist is my favorite bmd btw, invest in a nagitana.

pashy

Level 183
I really want the regular system back, but I think the system they've put is fine. Though I dislike how some people are speaking like we just are trying to perm hunt. . No, I will get back at you if you major my character with the worst reply, making you lose yours. I never engaged in a situation with a person with intention of gaining said perms in future

Though, I don't see how restricting KPs helped decrease perms-hungry people by any chance, but like hebwig and others have been saying it has many pros, I guess. I just dislike constantly being called out for being something bad such as a perms-hungry when I never even engage in situation with intention of gaining more perms later - And I also support the regular systsem because it's way more fun, having the fear in me, the risk and fear of losing my character, which gets me nervous IRL and, right now, I'm really not scared at all and would pull up my weapon at any time against any person I want as long as I'm following the rules I won't care, have any fear, or anything. .

But, the system deserves the chance, we can see how much pros compared to cons it brings to the community. . Let's give it time- since, it appears, people are easily adapting already and not many are complaining about their KPs. .

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
here you go
stop crying about your original character's legs being cut off. you shouldn’t be GANGRPING if you don’t want your character to get hurt or killed. or maybe just get better at gangrp? get better rolls. i don’t do p2l because there’s no RISK to it LOL. why would i p2l anyway? that’s just you trying to excuse your stalling. i’m getting staff, by the way. atoki is my favorite staff uwu. what do you mean my character doesn’t have a reason to do this? you knocked me out. what’s the difference between JockRP and GangRP? stop making stuff up. i have perms. i don’t want to waste them. talk to staff after this if you want to get it voided. like i said, just get better rolls and stop doing p2l. there’s no point anyway. no risk and no reward. plus i’m too lazy to type actions. cuultist is my favorite bmd btw, invest in a nagitana.
thank u savior

shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+

hebwig already explained and debunked (dont know if thats the word to use) most of this! check out their post!

_BritishAutism_

Level 95
_BritishAutism_
_BritishAutism_
Omega+

If KPS come back everyone's characters will be wiped out constantly because of GangRP people who do nothing but constantly try to gain perms and it will just make players lose their motivation for playing, having to make a new character constantly is draining, plus it hasn't even been a week, give the new rules a chance.

_BritishAutism_

Level 95
_BritishAutism_
_BritishAutism_
Omega+

If KPS come back everyone's characters will be wiped out constantly because of GangRP people who do nothing but constantly try to gain perms and it will just make players lose their motivation for playing, having to make a new character constantly is draining, plus it hasn't even been a week, give the new rules a chance.
May I also add to this, getting PERMISSION OOCly to use KPS, is so much more simple than getting perms for actions or speech your char did, it's less of a panic since you don't have to worry about if you're unexpectedly getting murdered by a bunch of lads, lasses and people in random ass gang attire who have KPS because you told them you f'd their mum and she's disowning em for you. Some people will literally do anything to gain KPS when this rule was not a thing broski...

Kuzroo

Level 4
+1, Amazing, literally an amazing speech about how the rules should go back to normal, it feels like gang rp is completely dead right now and it's all about just majoring people left and right, It feels like as if Majors are the new KPS. NO one is going to consent to KPS, a good well developed character? yeah no, no one is saying "I AGREE TO OOC CONSENT" unless they really think it's time for their character to possibly pass away. realistically people don't consent to death, it could happen at anytime, people shouldn't gangrp if they're going to complain about getting majored / killed. Also we were told that cops would still be able to be used kill permissions on without the "OOC CONSENT" rule, but to be honest it feels like it's also now impossible to kill cops, before you were able to kill a cop if they tased you or one of your gang members, or if they just arrested you or one of your gang members for a type of crime that they committed, or even if they shot at you and hit you, or shot at you and missed.

But now arresting people gives majors on the arresting officer, tasing people gives majors on the officer who tased, now tell me who is going to want to risk their character just to simply go through a whole manhunt to only just take a police officer's limb, the only way to now get KPS on a cop with these new rules are if they Shot at you and missed or Shot at you and hit you, no more arresting or tasing since that gives majors instead of kps now.

People like to tell us to avoid cops because they are over powered too and to fight other gangs and kill them, how are we going to kill them if they wont consent oocly to kps? It was already hard enough to kill a cop before the new rules adapted, They have a taser and a gun, roll out of 200, body cams, cctv, etc, now it's even harder to just simply gain KPS on them too. I understand cops are meant to be over powered but not that overpowered, there's a limit of how realistic it can be, we even have to roll to approach them, regardless if we win or lose the roll, they can simply just do /me tases or shoots at chest or head since they would possibly already have their fire arm out. People do like to take risks, but to risk your character just for something too overpowered doesn't seem fair. Yes we can still kill cops but it seems even harder just to gain KPS on them now. Getting perms are also pretty hard as the only main place to get them is simply powerplant because you can have an ic-motive to get money, you get minors instantly right then and there, but police do happen to patrol there as well so that's also another problem for gangrpers, outside of powerplant someone needs to insult you three times to get minors granted on them which people are smart enough to not say 3 insults but only 2 at max.

People do not care as much when they are getting minored or especially majored, they don't have that FEELING of being like "OH NO MY CHARACTER IS IN DANGER!" because they would just be like "Aww damn it! time to get a new prosthetic arm or eye!" or what ever limb that got taken off them

They wouldn't get scared at all of losing limbs, why? because their character is still alive, they still have connections to the people they met and have those memories with them. Instead when you hear someone has kps on your character, you're like "Oh god I don't want to lose this character at all, too much development and stuff, also don't want to get a whole new skin as well and everything and start from scratch!" You actually get that adrenaline feeling that you are FOR REAL in danger and that you could lose everything just over one simply /me stabs carotid or anything like that. This is the one part every gangrper misses, its that feeling that you are going to LOSE your character. And people should not complain if their character is going to possibly die, You are the one who gave those people those KPS on you, you had to do something for them to get KPS on you, so there shouldn't be any complaining at all, if you don't want your character being killed, don't gang rp, plus every type of perms including KPS lasted 7 days, so survive for 7 days and you only had to go on that character for ONE ooc hour every day until perms expired.

I feel like most gangrpers in general don't feel as happy with the new rules and that it should be more realistic and have it back to the way it was, or at least have a little private forum section where you can make a forum post request of what proper ic-motive / reason on why you would want to kill that person's character and have it reviewed by a staff member and they could reply and respond if the request was accepted or not, but the risk is you could be killed as well during the attempt of the assassination when you're attempting to kill their character.

I understand it hasn't been long since the rule was implemented, and yes people get used to new rules all the time, but this is a certain rule that not everyone will get used to and keep complaining all the time, not everyone will accept it and from what I see and how it feels, people will keep complaining regardless how long it's been, you can't expect people to get used to something they just won't accept and feel the need anymore, especially how people bought customs just for their weapon stats to get changed which also demotivates people to gang rp, thing is if you guys say "Dont gang rp then if you don't like the new rules". The majority of the server stops gangrping, then what are cops going to do? just go after no one eventually? do tiny events or something? It would make more sense that KPS shouldn't be oocly consented, and that realistically death can happen out of no where, the rules were fine, it wasn't like RDM and you die for doing nothing, you had to be doing something for those people to get KPS on you.

Gangrpers love the adrenaline of being chased by police officers, but for something they did that is worth it, not just knocking someone out or like taking limbs all the time which gives u nothing in return but probably 5k from mugging. KPS is something that was earned and pretty hard to get depending on how the opponent was, they could've been wearing full black and a ballistic mask, then the next day they are wearing something differen't it was a pain to use KPS on people when they played it smart and knew how to avoid it, but the OOC consent rule makes it impossible to use KPS now.
Using KPS on some ones character felt something more enjoyable because it was hard to earn the perms and use them, and it felt more fun to be chased by cops because I actually did something that felt accomplished and now police would be after my character for it, something that people say "GG" at the end because they did something they felt that they achieved, and got arrested for it, and is going to be on a high bail or even permanent for it.

instead now that KPS is OOC consent, do people really want to start getting in jail and having their character in for 3 - 5 OOC days for the smallest bail like 60k just for minoring someone? and they have to make some random character who they probably wont even use and put character development on just for those 3 - 5 OOC days until their regular well developed character gets bailed. I see there's many opportunities in Gangrp, even a business group, there's always going to be a hit on someone for some reason, what I don't understand at all is that if someone took literally my arm, my leg, my fingers, and I get prosthetics everywhere, they made me go through HORRIBLE pain and trauma, all I'd get back is majors on them? wouldn't that be proper ic-motive to use KPS on their character after putting my character through such horrible trauma? how is that realistic? I feel like what bear ducky is saying needs to be carefully read and looked at because what he is saying does make a lot of sense and even though he's a COP he's still looking through a gangrper's perspective and he's speaking for behalf of most of the gangrpers and knows what he's talking about which I highly respect him for.

Last edited:

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1, Amazing, literally an amazing speech about how the rules should go back to normal, it feels like gang rp is completely dead right now and it's all about just majoring people left and right, It feels like as if Majors are the new KPS. NO one is going to consent to KPS, a good well developed character? yeah no, no one is saying "I AGREE TO OOC CONSENT" unless they really think it's time for their character to possibly pass away. realistically people don't consent to death, it could happen at anytime, people shouldn't gangrp if they're going to complain about getting majored / killed. Also we were told that cops would still be able to be used kill permissions on without the "OOC CONSENT" rule, but to be honest it feels like it's also now impossible to kill cops, before you were able to kill a cop if they tased you or one of your gang members, or if they just arrested you or one of your gang members for a type of crime that they committed, or even if they shot at you and hit you, or shot at you and missed.

But now arresting people gives majors on the arresting officer, tasing people gives majors on the officer who tased, now tell me who is going to want to risk their character just to simply go through a whole manhunt to only just take a police officer's limb, the only way to now get KPS on a cop with these new rules are if they Shot at you and missed or Shot at you and hit you, no more arresting or tasing since that gives majors instead of kps now.

People like to tell us to avoid cops because they are over powered too and to fight other gangs and kill them, how are we going to kill them if they wont consent oocly to kps? It was already hard enough to kill a cop before the new rules adapted, They have a taser and a gun, roll out of 200, body cams, cctv, etc, now it's even harder to just simply gain KPS on them too. I understand cops are meant to be over powered but not that overpowered, there's a limit of how realistic it can be, we even have to roll to approach them, regardless if we win or lose the roll, they can simply just do /me tases or shoots at chest or head since they would possibly already have their fire arm out. People do like to take risks, but to risk your character just for something too overpowered doesn't seem fair. Yes we can still kill cops but it seems even harder just to gain KPS on them now. Getting perms are also pretty hard as the only main place to get them is simply powerplant because you can have an ic-motive to get money, you get minors instantly right then and there, but police do happen to patrol there as well so that's also another problem for gangrpers, outside of powerplant someone needs to insult you three times to get minors granted on them which people are smart enough to not say 3 insults but only 2 at max.

People do not care as much when they are getting minored or especially majored, they don't have that FEELING of being like "OH NO MY CHARACTER IS IN DANGER!" because they would just be like "Aww damn it! time to get a new prosthetic arm or eye!" or what ever limb that got taken off them

They wouldn't get scared at all of losing limbs, why? because their character is still alive, they still have connections to the people they met and have those memories with them. Instead when you hear someone has kps on your character, you're like "Oh god I don't want to lose this character at all, too much development and stuff, also don't want to get a whole new skin as well and everything and start from scratch!" You actually get that adrenaline feeling that you are FOR REAL in danger and that you could lose everything just over one simply /me stabs carotid or anything like that. This is the one part every gangrper misses, its that feeling that you are going to LOSE your character. And people should not complain if their character is going to possibly die, You are the one who gave those people those KPS on you, you had to do something for them to get KPS on you, so there shouldn't be any complaining at all, if you don't want your character being killed, don't gang rp, plus every type of perms including KPS lasted 7 days, so survive for 7 days and you only had to go on that character for ONE ooc hour every day until perms expired.

I feel like most gangrpers in general don't feel as happy with the new rules and that it should be more realistic and have it back to the way it was, or at least have a little private forum section where you can make a forum post request of what proper ic-motive / reason on why you would want to kill that person's character and have it reviewed by a staff member and they could reply and respond if the request was accepted or not, but the risk is you could be killed as well during the attempt of the assassination when you're attempting to kill their character.

I understand it hasn't been long since the rule was implemented, and yes people get used to new rules all the time, but this is a certain rule that not everyone will get used to and keep complaining all the time, not everyone will accept it and from what I see and how it feels, people will keep complaining regardless how long it's been, you can't expect people to get used to something they just won't accept and feel the need anymore, especially how people bought customs just for their weapon stats to get changed which also demotivates people to gang rp, thing is if you guys say "Dont gang rp then if you don't like the new rules". The majority of the server stops gangrping, then what are cops going to do? just go after no one eventually? do tiny events or something? It would make more sense that KPS shouldn't be oocly consented, and that realistically death can happen out of no where, the rules were fine, it wasn't like RDM and you die for doing nothing, you had to be doing something for those people to get KPS on you.

Gangrpers love the adrenaline of being chased by police officers, but for something they did that is worth it, not just knocking someone out or like taking limbs all the time which gives u nothing in return but probably 5k from mugging. KPS is something that was earned and pretty hard to get depending on how the opponent was, they could've been wearing full black and a ballistic mask, then the next day they are wearing something differen't it was a pain to use KPS on people when they played it smart and knew how to avoid it, but the OOC consent rule makes it impossible to use KPS now.
Using KPS on some ones character felt something more enjoyable because it was hard to earn the perms and use them, and it felt more fun to be chased by cops because I actually did something that felt accomplished and now police would be after my character for it, something that people say "GG" at the end because they did something they felt that they achieved, and got arrested for it, and is going to be on a high bail or even permanent for it.

instead now that KPS is OOC consent, do people really want to start getting in jail and having their character in for 3 - 5 OOC days for the smallest bail like 60k just for minoring someone? and they have to make some random character who they probably wont even use and put character development on just for those 3 - 5 OOC days until their regular well developed character gets bailed. I see there's many opportunities in Gangrp, even a business group, there's always going to be a hit on someone for some reason, what I don't understand at all is that if someone took literally my arm, my leg, my fingers, and I get prosthetics everywhere, they made me go through HORRIBLE pain and trauma, all I'd get back is majors on them? wouldn't that be proper ic-motive to use KPS on their character after putting my character through such horrible trauma? how is that realistic? I feel like what bear ducky is saying needs to be carefully read and looked at because what he is saying does make a lot of sense and even though he's a COP he's still looking through a gangrper's perspective and he's speaking for behalf of most of the gangrpers and knows what he's talking about which I highly respect him for.

All I can say is. . . if your roleplaying because you want to be your character in a literal sense to a crazy extent (or can only play a character if it effects you, example: "I need to feel the fear of kps to have fun") then your kind of roleplaying wrong. (not to be one of those guys who controls how you play something) SRP serves to be a platform for you to create stories and build up characters, not a place for you to get a little adrenaline rush. The thought process that you "shouldn't gangrp if you care about your characters dying" is such a silly concept to me because it is you folk who are the ones dragging down the entire gangrp faction (and have done so for years). It is also relevant to note that a good lot of the server (majority if I am being elaborate here) don't have this kps drug addiction that you refer to (what you enjoy gangrp for) and gangrpers who do it for that reason should not really the ones that updates are based for -- they should be based for the players who want to build up intricate, long lasting characters who happen to be criminal.

This is speaking from the very first verified gang lead (KAGE, aka KAZEKAGE & MIZUKAGE) as well as founder of Voice of Solos (one of the first SRP Cults), co-founder of Karakura Akuma and more importantly a co-founder of MIZUKAGE (Some legendary og gangs that seriously changed the landscape of gangrp.) Even back during GangRPs infancy I was one of the members of the first ever gang "true" by current SRP standards famously called Wild Dogs as well as a ton of modern day gangs (2020-present) like The River or Akihito Clan, Toman, Suteji and I believe it's called Tokyo-3 --- but what's the point of me tooting my own horn? It's to tell you that a GangRP elder (because as mentioned with @BearDucky's interaction with @GemiLightning which by the way was very rude!!! it's apparently worth a crap ton to you lot who is saying their valid opinions) -- Anyways, I, og gangrper extreme legend Totoro_Sam think that this is the singular best GangRP update to ever come to the faction. (Common TOTO W moment)

GangRP has always been very shy to it's true potential and every year I have seen it be pushed by whatever crime lead steps up to the challenge --- First it was Valkyeie (I believe??) and the introduction of the /roll system, then later in the third map we had a fully functioning police system, new weapons, swat gear, the creation of a swat team to counter KAGE and the eventual removal of all three. . . And guess what? Each one of them had their nay-sayers (some louder then others!) who are in the exact same mindset as you, @BearDucky and many others seem to be successors of -- every generational upgrade to the GangRP faction has had it's generation naysayers, and what happens every single update you ask? You guys all get over it and eventually it's like it was normal and GangRP is better then ever and we all forget about the backlash it once had.

I think you guys need to just take a cccccccccccoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic step back and view the potential benefits that this update to the GangRP faction hopes to achieve. Because with or without your inability to change your mind (at this current rate at least), it will change and it will be even better and newer then before and our standards for GangRP will once more rise. I think that you guys just need to take... more than quite literally two days to make up your mind about something you don't like. Anyways that's a bit of my #og gangrper wisdom for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread