KPS | The Reversion or The Difference

Sporkmoment

Level 21
Sporkmoment
Sporkmoment
Notable
-1 for me.

Hebwig made this change for a reason, and in my opinion;
a good one. CrimeRP has been LACKING severly in properly rping-out kills. Most never have story, or interesting actions. However; with the revision of the "KPS" rule, this reverts that. The person who allows their character's death or attempt on their life, will make sure its interesting if the one's doing it doesn't.

I believe Hebwig has addressed a lot of these problems on their post about it!

Sporkmoment

Level 21
Sporkmoment
Sporkmoment
Notable
All I can say is. . . if your roleplaying because you want to be your character in a literal sense to a crazy extent (or can only play a character if it effects you, example: "I need to feel the fear of kps to have fun") then your kind of roleplaying wrong. (not to be one of those guys who controls how you play something) SRP serves to be a platform for you to create stories and build up characters, not a place for you to get a little adrenaline rush. The thought process that you "shouldn't gangrp if you care about your characters dying" is such a silly concept to me because it is you folk who are the ones dragging down the entire gangrp faction (and have done so for years). It is also relevant to note that a good lot of the server (majority if I am being elaborate here) don't have this kps drug addiction that you refer to (what you enjoy gangrp for) and gangrpers who do it for that reason should not really the ones that updates are based for -- they should be based for the players who want to build up intricate, long lasting characters who happen to be criminal.

This is speaking from the very first verified gang lead (KAGE, aka KAZEKAGE & MIZUKAGE) as well as founder of Voice of Solos (one of the first SRP Cults), co-founder of Karakura Akuma and more importantly a co-founder of MIZUKAGE (Some legendary og gangs that seriously changed the landscape of gangrp.) Even back during GangRPs infancy I was one of the members of the first ever gang "true" by current SRP standards famously called Wild Dogs as well as a ton of modern day gangs (2020-present) like The River or Akihito Clan, Toman, Suteji and I believe it's called Tokyo-3 --- but what's the point of me tooting my own horn? It's to tell you that a GangRP elder (because as mentioned with @BearDucky's interaction with @GemiLightning which by the way was very rude!!! it's apparently worth a crap ton to you lot who is saying their valid opinions) -- Anyways, I, og gangrper extreme legend Totoro_Sam think that this is the singular best GangRP update to ever come to the faction. (Common TOTO W moment)

GangRP has always been very shy to it's true potential and every year I have seen it be pushed by whatever crime lead steps up to the challenge --- First it was Valkyeie (I believe??) and the introduction of the /roll system, then later in the third map we had a fully functioning police system, new weapons, swat gear, the creation of a swat team to counter KAGE and the eventual removal of all three. . . And guess what? Each one of them had their nay-sayers (some louder then others!) who are in the exact same mindset as you, @BearDucky and many others seem to be successors of -- every generational upgrade to the GangRP faction has had it's generation naysayers, and what happens every single update you ask? You guys all get over it and eventually it's like it was normal and GangRP is better then ever and we all forget about the backlash it once had.

I think you guys need to just take a cccccccccccoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic step away and view the potential benefits that this update to the GangRP faction hopes to achieve. Because with or without your inability to change your mind (at this current rate at least), it will change and it will be even better and newer then before and our standards for GangRP will once more rise. I think that you guys just need to take... more than quite literally two days to make up your mind about something you don't like. Anyways that's a bit of my #og gangrper wisdom for you.

I adore your reply, and said it MUCH better than I could've.

Kuzroo

Level 4
All I can say is. . . if your roleplaying because you want to be your character in a literal sense to a crazy extent (or can only play a character if it effects you, example: "I need to feel the fear of kps to have fun") then your kind of roleplaying wrong. (not to be one of those guys who controls how you play something) SRP serves to be a platform for you to create stories and build up characters, not a place for you to get a little adrenaline rush. The thought process that you "shouldn't gangrp if you care about your characters dying" is such a silly concept to me because it is you folk who are the ones dragging down the entire gangrp faction (and have done so for years). It is also relevant to note that a good lot of the server (majority if I am being elaborate here) don't have this kps drug addiction that you refer to (what you enjoy gangrp for) and gangrpers who do it for that reason should not really the ones that updates are based for -- they should be based for the players who want to build up intricate, long lasting characters who happen to be criminal.

This is speaking from the very first verified gang lead (KAGE, aka KAZEKAGE & MIZUKAGE) as well as founder of Voice of Solos (one of the first SRP Cults), co-founder of Karakura Akuma and more importantly a co-founder of MIZUKAGE (Some legendary og gangs that seriously changed the landscape of gangrp.) Even back during GangRPs infancy I was one of the members of the first ever gang "true" by current SRP standards famously called Wild Dogs as well as a ton of modern day gangs (2020-present) like The River or Akihito Clan, Toman, Suteji and I believe it's called Tokyo-3 --- but what's the point of me tooting my own horn? It's to tell you that a GangRP elder (because as mentioned with @BearDucky's interaction with @GemiLightning which by the way was very rude!!! it's apparently worth a crap ton to you lot who is saying their valid opinions) -- Anyways, I, og gangrper extreme legend Totoro_Sam think that this is the singular best GangRP update to ever come to the faction. (Common TOTO W moment)

GangRP has always been very shy to it's true potential and every year I have seen it be pushed by whatever crime lead steps up to the challenge --- First it was Valkyeie (I believe??) and the introduction of the /roll system, then later in the third map we had a fully functioning police system, new weapons, swat gear, the creation of a swat team to counter KAGE and the eventual removal of all three. . . And guess what? Each one of them had their nay-sayers (some louder then others!) who are in the exact same mindset as you, @BearDucky and many others seem to be successors of -- every generational upgrade to the GangRP faction has had it's generation naysayers, and what happens every single update you ask? You guys all get over it and eventually it's like it was normal and GangRP is better then ever and we all forget about the backlash it once had.

I think you guys need to just take a cccccccccccoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic step back and view the potential benefits that this update to the GangRP faction hopes to achieve. Because with or without your inability to change your mind (at this current rate at least), it will change and it will be even better and newer then before and our standards for GangRP will once more rise. I think that you guys just need to take... more than quite literally two days to make up your mind about something you don't like. Anyways that's a bit of my #og gangrper wisdom for you.
There's a limit to how much gangrpers is going to take, these rule changes changed a lot of things dramatically so you can't expect everyone to get used to it especially how it's only been a few days and people are still complaining, also it doesn't matter if you are an "oG ganGrper Extreme Legend Totoro sam" or what ever that is. Anyone can roleplay how they want to, you can't force people to roleplay in a manner they don't enjoy.

Last edited:

Kuzroo

Level 4

If KPS come back everyone's characters will be wiped out constantly because of GangRP people who do nothing but constantly try to gain perms and it will just make players lose their motivation for playing, having to make a new character constantly is draining, plus it hasn't even been a week, give the new rules a chance.
Then simply don't give those perms that gets your character wiped out.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Then simply don't give those perms that gets your character wiped out.
It is not so much about not wanting your character to die, but rather wanting your character to have a lore-based, dignified death. If I had the option to choose whether my character dies to a copy-paste/keybind action of someone slashing my carotid that I'm not going to read because it is the same 80-word one that details how they're piercing through the skin, or having an epic battle that results in my character dying and getting to say their last words before passing, I would very much rather the latter one.

Killing characters off shouldn't be a thing you simply shrug off and add to your activity, but rather something that impacts my, and your roleplay significantly. This has nothing to do with how much of a psychopath a character is. Any sort of personality trait can have their own roleplay flavour that, when combined with the new system, can result in pretty interesting situations that can only take place when both parties agree to it

TheNoseyNick

Level 6
It is not so much about not wanting your character to die, but rather wanting your character to have a lore-based, dignified death. If I had the option to choose whether my character dies to a copy-paste/keybind action of someone slashing my carotid that I'm not going to read because it is the same 80-word one that details how they're piercing through the skin, or having an epic battle that results in my character dying and getting to say their last words before passing, I would very much rather the latter one.

Killing characters off shouldn't be a thing you simply shrug off and add to your activity, but rather something that impacts my, and your roleplay significantly. This has nothing to do with how much of a psychopath a character is. Any sort of personality trait can have their own roleplay flavour that, when combined with the new system, can result in pretty interesting situations that can only take place when both parties agree to it
Unpopular opinion: police officers shouldn't have a say in this (yall still got normal kps, when you get them like we do, I'd consider your reply).

TheNoseyNick

Level 6
Just because Yonio has a role doesn't mean he isnt allowed an opinion.
^- A police offer litteraly runs the criminal discord, yall de-oped criminal roleplay back in 2020? This is just killing it off, plus yes he can have it but should have significantly less value if put against a gangrprs opinions, we are the ones that are getting the bad end of the stick friend

Kuzroo

Level 4

True, but you guys do be shooting us like nothing in the head and shoot us in the cells then we die without being able to say anything as well so xD

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Unpopular opinion: police officers shouldn't have a say in this (yall still got normal kps, when you get them like we do, I'd consider your reply).
Regardless of their roles, all community members have the right to express their points of view in feedback posts. In regards to what you said about "normal kps", we will hardly ever use "KPS", as you put it (We call it "use of deadly force"). The only times we use deadly force ICly is when someone's life is in immediate danger or their safety is at significant risk (To put it in GangRP terms, when you are using Major Assault Perms / KPS). In any other situations, we will only use our tasers (and sometimes our Glocks in a non-lethal way - shoot to disable and not to kill) to stop people from committing crimes.

In regards to the common misconception of "You're killing GangRP", we aren't really killing GangRP. In fact, GangRP has risen a lot when compared to some years ago. I remember back when I was accepted as a cadet and we would barely ever receive calls regarding people killing each other (It was mainly regarding fights at plaza, etc.). Right now, it has come to the point where our emergency level (KPD's way of measuring the city's criminality) is at four (the maximum one). GangRP in itself is not dying, and it will definitely not die because of this new implementation. What will "die" if you want to use this terminology, are the LOOC arguments, the stalls to see who has perms on whom, and character deaths that shouldn't happen from a lore point of view

I personally believe GangRP should stop being treated as a form of PvP to see who wins and who loses, or to see how many people you can kill before you get arrested / killed yourself, but rather another interesting way of roleplaying with other people

TheNoseyNick

Level 6
I could actualy go on and on how this update is going to completely kill gangrp and increase a chance of a competitor poping up and taking srps place as a roleplay server by offering this single thing, like if you'll already deciding on knocking down the stack of cards please actually think about the consequences. Want facts I'll give you facts, *cough cough*: GangRP activity has decreased A TON after IM6 left and honestly that's where gangrp started going downhill, firstly cops could take the fact they're being dunked by criminals so they added tazers and guns (fair game, Id do that) but they also unadded riot armor EXCEPT for police (it is in their inventory catalogue) next, they don't need to do anything except unload a gun and blast off like it's Monday. The only good gang is a gang ran by a senior admin none other can't even prosper and the sudden tax on weapons? To stabilize what economy bro? This is Minecraft, this isn't real life. If you want to do that might as well add us trust on the bank so we can earn some additional money (I ain' got time to explain how it works, look it up yourself lad). Now this stops us from killing and leaves us with pesky major's now even though I already stated this in a video "Majors are good" is a see through argument since for me to do anything I'd need you to k.o me 3 TIMES (eye,mouth,ears) and an additional 4 for your limbs. Like lmao? Plus you "wanting a better death" don' make sense, why'd you even get yourself in that position, you was probably digging your nose into stuff, you shouldn't have and were seen. TO NOT MIND the fact that you could've already made a good death yourself by simply just you know? Asking? Even before the change. Now we got a cop running criminal roleplay which many of my fellow close long time gangrprs are leaving because of I don't actualy as a veteran see ANY point in continuing the rp. It was fun. You ruined it.

TheNoseyNick

Level 6
Regardless of their roles, all community members have the right to express their points of view in feedback posts. In regards to what you said about "normal kps", we will hardly ever use "KPS", as you put it (We call it "use of deadly force"). The only times we use deadly force ICly is when someone's life is in immediate danger or their safety is at significant risk (To put it in GangRP terms, when you are using Major Assault Perms / KPS). In any other situations, we will only use our tasers (and sometimes our Glocks in a non-lethal way - shoot to disable and not to kill) to stop people from committing crimes.

In regards to the common misconception of "You're killing GangRP", we aren't really killing GangRP. In fact, GangRP has risen a lot when compared to some years ago. I remember back when I was accepted as a cadet and we would barely ever receive calls regarding people killing each other (It was mainly regarding fights at plaza, etc.). Right now, it has come to the point where our emergency level (KPD's way of measuring the city's criminality) is at four (the maximum one). GangRP in itself is not dying, and it will definitely not die because of this new implementation. What will "die" if you want to use this terminology, are the LOOC arguments, the stalls to see who has perms on whom, and character deaths that shouldn't happen from a lore point of view

I personally believe GangRP should stop being treated as a form of PvP to see who wins and who loses, or to see how many people you can kill before you get arrested / killed yourself, but rather another interesting way of roleplaying with other people
"Gangrp has risen" right? I'd say otherviseactual gangrpr I know.png

hebwig

Level 111
I could actualy go on and on how this update is going to completely kill gangrp and increase a chance of a competitor poping up and taking srps place as a roleplay server by offering this single thing, like if you'll already deciding on knocking down the stack of cards please actually think about the consequences. Want facts I'll give you facts, *cough cough*: GangRP activity has decreased A TON after IM6 left and honestly that's where gangrp started going downhill, firstly cops could take the fact they're being dunked by criminals so they added tazers and guns (fair game, Id do that) but they also unadded riot armor EXCEPT for police (it is in their inventory catalogue) next, they don't need to do anything except unload a gun and blast off like it's Monday. The only good gang is a gang ran by a senior admin none other can't even prosper and the sudden tax on weapons? To stabilize what economy bro? This is Minecraft, this isn't real life. If you want to do that might as well add us trust on the bank so we can earn some additional money (I ain' got time to explain how it works, look it up yourself lad). Now this stops us from killing and leaves us with pesky major's now even though I already stated this in a video "Majors are good" is a see through argument since for me to do anything I'd need you to k.o me 3 TIMES (eye,mouth,ears) and an additional 4 for your limbs. Like lmao? Plus you "wanting a better death" don' make sense, why'd you even get yourself in that position, you was probably digging your nose into stuff, you shouldn't have and were seen. TO NOT MIND the fact that you could've already made a good death yourself by simply just you know? Asking? Even before the change. Now we got a cop running criminal roleplay which many of my fellow close long time gangrprs are leaving because of I don't actualy as a veteran see ANY point in continuing the rp. It was fun. You ruined it.
what

TheNoseyNick

Level 6
Oh and yeah cops are 99% un-killable now and we still are easily killable. @Kuzroo did you notice that or am I just catching onto that little issue on my tenis shoe?

Kuzroo

Level 4
Oh and yeah cops are 99% un-killable now and we still are easily killable. @Kuzroo did you notice that or am I just catching onto that little issue on my tenis shoe?
Yeah it's hard to kill them now, it was already hard to kill them before the rules changed, depending on what crime you were arrested for it would be kps, if they tased you it would be kps, if they shot at you with their glock it would be kps,

but now if they arrest its majors, if they tase / attempt to tase its majors, only thing that gives kps on police now is either OOC consent or if they shot at you with their glock, you also have to action and roll to approach them, if you win or lose the roll regardless they can just /me shoot or tase so yeah... plus they roll 200

What I don't understand is that the ballistic mask can now take 1 bullet to their head, but the thing is cops like to do /me fires two bullets to their head, so the first bullet wont hurt you but the second one will, so there's no point really for the bali to take one hit since another bullet is coming right at you

TheNoseyNick

Level 6
Yeah it's hard to kill them now, it was already hard to kill them before the rules changed, depending on what crime you were arrested for it would be kps, if they tased you it would be kps, if they shot at you with their glock it would be kps,

but now if they arrest its majors, if they tase / attempt to tase its majors, only thing that gives kps on police now is either OOC consent or if they shot at you with their glock, you also have to action and roll to approach them, if you win or lose the roll regardless they can just /me shoot or tase so yeah... plus they roll 200

What I don't understand is that the ballistic mask can now take 1 bullet to their head, but the thing is cops like to do /me fires two bullets to their head, so the first bullet wont hurt you but the second one will, so there's no point really for the bali to take one hit since another bullet is coming right at you
Yo I forgot about the 200, I also love how everyone who was against suddenly stopped replying even tho they were looking for a good 20 minutes after our post.

Users who are viewing this thread