mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

KPS | The Reversion or The Difference

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Please avoid deviating from the main topic / trying to instigate arguments. This is a feedback post, and discussions should be kept as formal and civilized as possible

Kuzroo

Level 4
Yo I forgot about the 200, I also love how everyone who was against suddenly stopped replying even tho they were looking for a good 20 minutes after our post.
I am also not sure about police talking about KPS and such, they also have shot people in the cells when it was unnecessary, yes the criminal may have killed a cop or did something, but I've heard most of cops shooting culprits in their own cells loading a full mag on them because the culprit threw a punch or something, I bet if I asked for clips there probably is so yeah, not everyone is going to have an epic battle before death, realistically death can come anywhere at any time, it's not anime where it's gonna be some next goku Katana vs Katana fight or something lol.

TheNoseyNick

Level 6
So no-one can ban me for somehow instigating arguments cause my reply doesn't fit theirs, I'll go offline as of right now, see yall in the future <3

Kuzroo

Level 4
But also for the cops side it does make sense when they kill the culprit for killing their own officer, I mean someone just killed one of your good officers who you had a good relationship with and loved to train and hang with, and they just lost their life, pretty sure all the cops wouldn't hesitate to shoot that criminal and brush it off.

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
+1

When performing a major someone should know the chances of their character getting killed, so if you don't want your char to die, do not act upon the major. Also it does wipe out throwaway characters, but removing the risk of majoring is just stupid. Plus, most people when you ask if you can use the KPS will say no.

TheNoseyNick

Level 6
+1

When performing a major someone should know the chances of their character getting killed, so if you don't want your char to die, do not act upon the major. Also it does wipe out throwaway characters, but removing the risk of majoring is just stupid. Plus, most people when you ask if you can use the KPS will say no.
*cough* when a real gangrpr responds *cough* just saying *cough*

Lizalopod

Level 130
Oh and yeah cops are 99% un-killable now and we still are easily killable. @Kuzroo did you notice that or am I just catching onto that little issue on my tenis shoe?
Yes because the police is supposed to be just like any other gangrper so everyone can gang up on em? No lol

Gangs and criminals are supposed to run from the cops and fear them, to do their crimes in the dark and avoid getting caught. They are supposed to be OP, tf is a 18 year old gonna do to a highly trained adult smh

moesxy

Level 10
moesxy
moesxy
Notable+
Yes because the police is supposed to be just like any other gangrper so everyone can gang up on em? No lol

Gangs and criminals are supposed to run from the cops and fear them, to do their crimes in the dark and avoid getting caught. They are supposed to be OP, tf is a 18 year old gonna do to a highly trained adult smh
tatake

moesxy

Level 10
moesxy
moesxy
Notable+
IGN:

BearDucky

DATE:

18/07/2022 (UK, Etc)

07/18/2022 (USA, Etc)

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I will be suggest either the reversion of KPS or the new method of confirming active KPS. I understand many people have suggested it and staff have said that it is completely unnecessary, but many people have took a dislike especially Gangrp's as well as KPD members (very few in KPD), I personally believe it has crushed the perms system and I myself am starting to see it as as a defence for people who don't want to lose their characters, but if you don't want your character to be majored or killed, then why get involved in the first place?

I believe not only has KPS been messed up but stats as well, like models such as weapons mainly have been destroyed. Like for example I will take a certain model for example: The Machete, its used in the jungle by many TV Presenters and explorers to cut down wood and bamboo, as well as sticks of course, meaning that it may be able to cut down a wooden door but quite slowly in my opinion.

The other way is what few people have mentioned. The use of forums to confirm KPS, making this a Private Forums it will rely on staff approval if the IC reason as well as proof is enough to kill someone or not. This means no one will be able to see whether they've made a KPS post on your character or not, also any staff from Mod to the owner would be able to confirm KPS or deny KPS. I've been told that its 'too much effort' or that its 'unnecessary' if so then why are we changing all the rules and perms to fit a few peoples likings: this being OOC Consent, like who in the mind would consent to KPS to lose such a developed character. And of course its obvious what people will say, gangs/clans such as Akihito, yet other gangs don't do that, not everyone will consent to KPS, rather the majority will decline the KPS that is wished to be performed. Also forums posts for KPS would be like language posts, checked every 1-2 days or even 3 days, it wouldn't be hard to confirm whether its right or not. And checking language apps takes about 1-5 minutes per app depending on the length of the app, whereas KPS apps would just be screenshots of the proof of IC reasoning and Proof of KPS, as well as IGN and IC name of the person who submitted the post, and the IGN and IC name of the person who its against.

I'd like to also add, why don't you remove balli's fully as your stripped them of their purpose: Headbutting. Like balli's were fine as they were but to see them change into basically a plastic mask, isn't really what I expected. In other words a gas mask which cannot be unmasked unless KO'd which is pretty easy to KO someone in a balli who is alone if there are two or more of you and your friends. Either remove the balli or decrease its price massively, as myself would personally now buy a gas mask instead. And yes I know, they still have the perk of being bullet proof but whose to stop you from just shooting you in the chest anyway? Not exactly hard just to switch to the chest which is basically the same effect as shooting someone in the head.

Also gradually more people are turning to P2L so I see no reason why KPS was changed in the first place as people are encouraging one another to P2L with each other, the community itself was changing perfectly fine as it started to adapt to P2L, as seen recently Gangs such as Bonten, Akihito, Myriad (Now Triad), and Adobansu were starting to proceed with what is also known as Play to Lose, occasionally the activity would be rushed by a 'Stabs' or something simple, but not everything can be long and P2L like, however the P2L fighting and majoring, as well as killing was encouraged so much that it began to turn into DetailRP instead of simple actions.

Overall I am suggesting that we revert back to the old ways of KPS, as well as reversion of the ballistic. Possibly instead of the old way, then a forums area would be a better idea than our current predicament. Or what I believe is a predicament.
I understand its called 'SchoolRP' but SchoolRP has different roleplay areas, such as TownRP (Adult, Shrine, KPD, Shopkeeper ETC) and Gangrp, also JockRP. But if you dont want to Gangrp then simply don't give out perms willingly and knowingly, like for example if your gunna give someone minor then maybe change the rules to where only a physical action may give minor instead of three insults. If the person doesn't act back physically then they have no reason to worry or give perms away.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I understand not everyone will like the reversion or change of KPS as not everyone GangRP's and I understand people don't want to die, I have no doubt that this has a slim chance of getting accepted and changed back or changed but, this is benefit the community to where people won't have bought pointless customs only for them to be what they didn't, also having peoples customs changed to stats which are completely
unrealistic.

I'd like to say also many people have taken a clear disliking to the system that has recently been installed. I personally think that GangRP was sort of evolving by itself, but having done this its only set it back into a sort of 'Ice age' as its put a massive hold on GangRP, and CombatRP as a whole.

Also if your not interested in GangRP or CombatRP then you could simply stay out of it, and if someone proceeds to break the rules then contact staff about it as you would clearly know that they don't have perms on you because you were never truly 'involved' in it. When its in school its different as people will JockRP and stick to mostly P2L or DetailRP and thats completely fine, but when doing so you MUST understand the risk of getting involved or executing the perms that you hold, like if I was to major someone, I would have to understand and know the risk at hand, whether they have a IC reason or not.

Therefore I believe it would fix the problems which we currently obtain and proceed to see. As well as possibly fixing everything that people have not wished for to proceed with aka the forum post known as the 'Revaluation of KPS'.

Whether you +1 or -1, I'd like to know why you choose to either +1 or -1.
+1 I understand perms were getting out of hand beforehand and that the new KPS idea was to prevent toxic gangrper's, but involving admins with KPS perms makes it easier. I don't understand why admins want to limit gangrp when it's been a main part of the server since the start. I think the idea you offered here is easily better than having to ask the person for KPS even if you have a great reason to kill them, no one wants to lose their char unless it's a throwaway or they benefit it from them. I also agree on how you view the Ballistic nerf and I also want the price to be significantly dropped.

TheNoseyNick

Level 6

Uh no? Sorry but take Mexico as a real world example, their whole country is ran by cartels and gangs? That's just not how it "works". It should be up to police to keep the security high not up to us to let go and let them do what they want and this is the reason non-gangrprs shouldn't have a vote in this matter.

TheNoseyNick

Level 6
Let me just mak
Uh no? Sorry but take Mexico as a real world example, their whole country is ran by cartels and gangs? That's just not how it "works". It should be up to police to keep the security high not up to us to let go and let them do what they want and this is the reason non-gangrprs shouldn't have a vote in this matter.
Let me just make clear I don't got any issue with yall I'm just pointing out the obvious ;)

clov3r

Level 6
I could actualy go on and on how this update is going to completely kill gangrp and increase a chance of a competitor poping up and taking srps place as a roleplay server by offering this single thing, like if you'll already deciding on knocking down the stack of cards please actually think about the consequences. Want facts I'll give you facts, *cough cough*: GangRP activity has decreased A TON after IM6 left and honestly that's where gangrp started going downhill, firstly cops could take the fact they're being dunked by criminals so they added tazers and guns (fair game, Id do that) but they also unadded riot armor EXCEPT for police (it is in their inventory catalogue) next, they don't need to do anything except unload a gun and blast off like it's Monday. The only good gang is a gang ran by a senior admin none other can't even prosper and the sudden tax on weapons? To stabilize what economy bro? This is Minecraft, this isn't real life. If you want to do that might as well add us trust on the bank so we can earn some additional money (I ain' got time to explain how it works, look it up yourself lad). Now this stops us from killing and leaves us with pesky major's now even though I already stated this in a video "Majors are good" is a see through argument since for me to do anything I'd need you to k.o me 3 TIMES (eye,mouth,ears) and an additional 4 for your limbs. Like lmao? Plus you "wanting a better death" don' make sense, why'd you even get yourself in that position, you was probably digging your nose into stuff, you shouldn't have and were seen. TO NOT MIND the fact that you could've already made a good death yourself by simply just you know? Asking? Even before the change. Now we got a cop running criminal roleplay which many of my fellow close long time gangrprs are leaving because of I don't actualy as a veteran see ANY point in continuing the rp. It was fun. You ruined it.
u need myriad/triad fr… we been acting on this no kps thing before the rule was made n honestly its so much fun, creates enormous tension in roleplay and expands it

Lizalopod

Level 130
*looks at Karakura, looks at Japan, silently notes how Japan is very much a different country*

Regardless, they're meant to be OP, that's just how it should and how it does work. If you think differently you can make a suggestion about it ig.

TheNoseyNick

Level 6
*looks at Karakura, looks at Japan, silently notes how Japan is very much a different country*

Regardless, they're meant to be OP, that's just how it should and how it does work. If you think differently you can make a suggestion about it ig.
Karakura is literally in japan? Plus Yakuza was a criminal force who did run stuff there didn't they? They didn't fear police?

Lizalopod

Level 130
Karakura is literally in japan? Plus Yakuza was a criminal force who did run stuff there didn't they? They didn't fear police?
Mate you compared Japan / Karakura to Mexico lol. I was referring to that. Also, the whole point of the whole being in the shadows shtick is to avoid getting caught? Yakuzas don't operate and do illegal stuff in broad daylight, unlike yknow, the people who love to just spam the use of kps

TheNoseyNick

Level 6
Mate you compared Japan / Karakura to Mexico lol. I was referring to that. Also, the whole point of the whole being in the shadows shtick is to avoid getting caught? Yakuzas don't operate and do illegal stuff in broad daylight, unlike yknow, the people who love to just spam the use of kps
You're talking about like 5% of the whole criminalrp community with the kps statement and yes since it litteraly made sense to compare a big gang dominated country to another gang dominated country (if we take back time for a bit since Yakuza is barely working anymore)

Lizalopod

Level 130
You're talking about like 5% of the whole criminalrp community with the kps statement and yes since it litteraly made sense to compare a big gang dominated country to another gang dominated country (if we take back time for a bit since Yakuza is barely working anymore)
Mate, I've met so many people who gangrp that only care about permissions. The whole way they act in character is bound by those perms, the way they act, the stuff they do. That's what this is about, the removal of KPS and making it a consent based system encourages people to roleplay and do other things appart from killing. Some gangrpers just want to mindlessly kill to brag about it or something I dunno. This change will only make gangrp healthier, not to the gangrpers who only care about killing, but to the ones who care about actually roleplaying.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
There's a limit to how much gangrpers is going to take, these rule changes changed a lot of things dramatically so you can't expect everyone to get used to it especially how it's only been a few days and people are still complaining, also it doesn't matter if you are an "oG ganGrper Extreme Legend Totoro sam" or what ever that is. Anyone can roleplay how they want to, you can't force people to roleplay in a manner they don't enjoy.
believe it or not, that part was completely ironic to the nth degree maybe reread the multiple giveaways that that specific paragraph was infact ironic

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
*cough* when a real gangrpr responds *cough* just saying *cough*
Want a message from a totally real gnagrper? Give it time to kick in, see how different gangs are in a month, see how the community grows. I haven't read anything you've said or why, as I don't got that much patience but you've gotta give it abit.
Mate, I've met so many people who gangrp that only care about permissions. The whole way they act in character is bound by those perms, the way they act, the stuff they do. That's what this is about, the removal of KPS and making it a consent based system encourages people to roleplay and do other things appart from killing. Some gangrpers just want to mindlessly kill to brag about it or something I dunno. This change will only make gangrp healthier, not to the gangrpers who only care about killing, but to the ones who care about actually roleplaying.
I love GemiLightning nb #1 supporter

Users who are viewing this thread