oInfi
Omega+
OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)? Please include ALL your alternative accounts:

lyriddd (The account I’m applying on)
MAIN: oInfi
Alt: NoInfi

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:

I do have a microphone! My discord is oinfi.

List your timezone and country:

My country is GB, and my time zone is BST/GMT.

Describe your activity:

I spend quite a lot of time on SRP, though a lot of the time it’s not necessarily productive. Though the times I am actively running around is when I’m either building (as I’m on the build team), opening my shop or engaging in events with the current gang I’m in.

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:

I recently finished a massive project that I had been working on for quite some time, and want to relax trying something new. Being in new factions has always been something I enjoy applying and being a part of. I’ve had my eye on reporter for quite a while and would love to have the opportunity to give that a go.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:

Although it may not seem like it, I actually quite like writing. Despite the fact that I’ve never sat down to write full on documents for SchoolRP, you can certainly have a look at my previous applications (Specifically the BMD/event team ones) to determine the level of passion I actually do have for the subject. In school, I excelled in it and enjoyed it quite a lot. I’d love to be able to dip my foot in a position on the server based on writing things that players would enjoy reading. That all said, I do spend a decent portion of my time drafting and formatting events for the server that the player base can enjoy, and I hope to bring that experience to the reporter faction as well.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:

I’ve read over the rules a couple times and will most certainly follow them.

Why should we accept you over others?:

I feel like the most I have over other applicants is my activity, creativity and experience within the server. It’s no secret I’ve been playing for around six years now, and that I’ve pushed out some inventive ideas and events that have proven to be enjoyable by certain audiences and players. Just for a brief rundown of some of the crazy events I’ve put on.. Recently I’ve drafted a KPD cruiser theft event that went off with a bang (literally…), as well as a goofy little delinquent event disrupting a government speech. In terms of event ideas that I’ve personally come up with, feel free to have a look at my previous event team applications that include a plethora of unique events that have yet to be put on.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)

I do understand this.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:

I won’t lie, I cannot promise that I will be able to hit the maximum five quota a month. Though I will make it a point to push out at least three news reports a month.

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:

From what I’ve seen and the reports I’ve read, the job of a reporter is to search for the “truth”. Whether that be via interviews or on the outskirts looking into crime scenes or the most scandalous scandals out there, reporters crave digging and getting to the bottom of every mystery out there. They’re expected to meet quota every month in terms of pushing out news reports on the forums, as well as interact with the player base in character frequently.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name: Whitney Davis
Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr) “Well… Dr. Davis sounds nice… but ain’t no one gonna call me that. So Miss Davis!”
Current Age (25+): 40
Past job/work experience: “I used to work for Karakura Hospital once upon a time! I was head doctor for quite a while until I eventually resigned.”
Degree/qualifications:

BSc degree x2
MPharm degree x1
Bachelor’s in Psychology

Nationality and born location: “I’m American! Born and raised in the United States… until I moved here of course.. Heh.”

Phone Number: 030-804-9519

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
“In under one hundred fifty words? That’s easy! I see myself as a cautious but yanno kinda bubbly figure! And I love being around people. That's kinda a given from the whole doctor gig I used to run with. I love helpin’ people, but if I had to break the news that something bad happened well.. I know how to do that. I’d honestly prefer the truth over some sad little white lie used to make someone feel better yanno? Ah but I’m ramblin now. I’m a hard worker, a family gal and I sure do love pie.”

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
“As someone who used to work in the medical field, I’d like to write more informational reports and engage in interviews that can enlighten people. Yanno things like what vending machine snacks are the healthiest options, or perhaps a rundown on the gym and how to use the commodities inside! But if that’s too boring, I can certainly spice it up from time to time and include special interviews with the hospital or police station on how they care for criminals and patients!”

What are your expectations for the job?:
“Mama says work that ain’t hard worked simply ain’t work at all. I expect to be put through the GRINDER these first couple months! And BOY am I excited to get to writin’ and discoverin’ the truth. I also hope I can make friends with some of the other reporters there, maybe have some joint interviews!”
Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
“Between you and me… NOPE! I’m a good citizen!”

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
English
Japanese
Japanese Sign Language
Mandarin

PROMPTS:
You will have to write two reports about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you're found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report.
Report about a topic, informing players about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

“This is your sign to get a check-up!”

[!] A couple taps could be heard from the broadcasting room, along with a “HEEEEEEEELLLOOOOOOOOOOO KARAKURA!” [!]

“Ain’t it just the nicest day out? And with nice weather why don’t we have a chat about physical health! There’s always this talk about your mental health and how you should always be takin’ care of it, but show some love for our physical health! As someone who used to work for the hospital, check-ups and physicals are crucial to everyday life. If ya can’t go to the hospital to do that, here’s some tips from medically approved articles that you can use to give yourself your own check ups at home!
  1. Taking your temperature! It’s important to know the heat level of your body if you’re ever feeling under the weather. You can use a thermometer, just underneath the tongue to check your temperature. Remember, 98.6 is the universal ideal temperature for your body but that doesn’t mean anything more or less is bad! If you’re in the range of about 96.8 to 98.8 then you should be just fine!​
  2. Checking your heart rate! When you’re working out or on the go, it’s important to know what your body’s resting and peak heart rate is! You can check your heart rate with a fancy little machine like an apple watch or digital fingertip pulse, but if you don’t have either of those you can stick two of your fingers on your wrist and feel for your heartbeat! Set a timer for 60 seconds and begin counting the beats, and by the end of the timer you’ll know your heartbeat in beats per minute! Everyone’s resting heart rate is different, it’s all about knowing your limits and what your body needs. So don’t be alarmed if you and your friend don’t share quite the same resting heart rate!​
  3. Waist fat measurement! It is very important to stay at a healthy weight to prevent any future disease. This is something you can do at home to determine a healthy weight level. You can do this without needing your BMI or weight. Take a flexible ruler, and wrap it around your waist to measure it! If you don’t have a flexible ruler at home, you can measure with a piece of string, and then put that onto a tape measure to check the measurements! For men, a maximum measurement shouldn’t exceed 37 inches, and for women it’s 31.5 inches!​
Remember, if you're ever unsure about your physical or mental health, please don't hesitate to seek professional medical assistance from a doctor or psychiatrist at the hospital! They are medically qualified to give you the advice you need to get you back on your feet! That’ll be all from me today folks! Have a wonderful rest of your afternoons!"

#2 - Interview. It's important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

Interview with Karakura Ghostbusters

[!] Papers shuffled around before a familiar southern voice came booming through the speaker [!]

“HELLOOOOO KARAKURA! Dr. Davis back with another news report coming to YOU! I’ve had the wonderful opportunity to sit down with Karakura’s very own ghost buster group! We’ll be askin them some questions about their work and how they manage to catch the… ghosts around the city!"

[Dr. Davis]: “Hello and welcome! Why don’t y’all take a moment to introduce yourselves to the broadcast?”

[Ghost Buster 1]: “HELLO. WE ARE THE KARAKURA GHOST BUSTERS. WE KIDNA- CAPTURE GHOSTS AND MAKE THE CITY A SAFER PLACE.”

[!] Davis leans forward and discretly whispers “Alright honey move away from the mic a bit okay? You’re a bit loud.” [!]

[Dr. Davis]: “That sounds interesting! How did you and your friends come across such.. extracurricular activities?”

[Ghost Buster 1]: “Well miss, each of us have our own reasons. For me it’s-“

[Ghost Buster 3]: “IT’S ALL ABOUT THE THRILL OF THE GAME! We like to HUNT, and there’s no law against catching ghosts so we can basically do it LEGALLY! Who doesn’t love legal kidnappings?!”

[Dr. Davis]: “Well I suppose that’s fair enough then! Might I ask how you catch these ghosts of yours then? And where do you keep ‘em?”

[Ghost Buster 1]: “I’m glad you asked!”

[!] Ghost Buster 1 pulled out a strange looking machine that looked like a metal box with several pool noodles poking out of it [!]

[Ghost Buster 2]: “This puppy here with the flip of the switch turns on and detects all the ghosts! And with our state of the art vacuum, that we definitely steal from my mom’s closet, we suck up the ghosts and store them in the backpack!”

[Dr. Davis]: "Right right.. sounds riveting! Could you possibly describe how you locate these ghosts? What characteristics do they have that stick out the most to you?"

[Ghost Buster 1]: "Uh huh! Ghosts are mean little creatures. I mean, they possessed my BROTHER! We usually look for the ugliest ones and then wave our hands through them to see if they're ghosts! From there we just use our backpacks and vacuums to suck 'em up and stash them away! You can refer to us as the... paranormal KPD if you will."

[Dr. Davis]: "How interesting! We'll wrap it up with this final question then. What do you have to say to the crowd that perhaps doesn't believe in ghosts? Do you think they're wrong to believe such things?"

[Ghost Buster 1]: "Well... OF COURSE THEY'RE WRONG DAWG. WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE IN GHOSTS?! IT'S LIKE BASIC KNOWLEDGE THAT THIS CITY IS FULL OF PARANORMAL ACTIVITY AND ITS UP TO US TO CAPTURE THEM TO PROTECT THE CITIZENS. VENDING MACHINES ARE A LIE AND THE GOVERNMENT IS SECR-"

[!] A sudden... halt was heard over the broadcast! Followed by a brief intermission of elevator music. [!]

[Dr. Davis]: "Alllright well thank you ghost busters for taking the time to come out and have this interview! I hope you all enjoy the rest of your afternoons!"​

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
acceptedapplications.png

After careful discussion with the other members of the faction, we have chosen to accept you:

Please get in touch with me via Discord @ aania to start the process and get you set up!

Note: Yeehaw

Welcome to the News Faction! :D

Users who are viewing this thread