robinzee
robinzee
Rich
IGN:
robinzee

DATE:
13/07/2023

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I want to suggest adding monthly quota information to all faction application information threads which currently do not show it. The definition for "monthly quota requirement" can be summarised as a mention of the time or quota points one has to achieve in a month in order to be paid the minimum monthly salary for that specific role.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

If a person is applying to a faction, they have the right to know how much time they are expected to dedicate to the faction per month. Showing faction quotas in application information threads isn't without precedent either, see the Hospital Staff Information, the Shopkeeper Role Information, College Professor Application Info, School Employee Application Info and the High School Teacher Application Information thread. The applications currently missing this information are the Monastery/Shrine Faction, the Police Department Faction, the Reporter Faction, the Black Market Dealers and the Government Workers. This isn't a difficult addition to make, it's just one sentence at least, a paragraph at worst (should the faction have different payouts for different positions in the workforce).

Thanks for reading.

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I'm pretty neutral on this. Some factions (like government faction) have very specific quotas that can be hard to digest in one forum. It can appear a bit daunting. I think it will take up quite a bit of room which can be overwhelming to read through if you want to apply. My best advice is to trust the faction lead's judgement when accepting applicants, because I guarantee you they consider activity and how much time they think you'll be able to give based on that "describe your activity on the server" question.

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I don't think this is necessary, as most quotas are quite lax; at the very least, there is no entry-level faction role that you cannot complete as long as you play the server regularly and don't procrastinate on your work. If you have any questions regarding the amount of work that any specific faction does, you can easily ask someone from that faction.

EnderBubs

Level 59
Neutral

As infi said some of our quotas are complicated or LONG. I mean KPD has a long list of stuff you can do to earn qoutas and how much each thing is worth, putting all of that into the forums would make it longer and take it so much uneeded space as well as truthfully qouta isn’t that hard to meet. I met KPD qouta in 2 days. It’s not sm you NEED to know to be able to make an application. i can see how it may be helpful but overall we have been perfectly fine application wise without mentioning how we earn qouta and I don’t see a need to change it

etsu

Level 11
lvrsti
lvrsti
Notable
i'm also neutral on this. . i understand where you're going and you do make a useful point, but depending on which faction you're going into, spreading your quotas throughout the month is not something that is necessarily difficult to do (because its a whole month..). the only reason i would say you'd NEED to know before hand is if you know you're going to be a slacker and have the desire to rush through the quotas at the end of the month, which at that point - you shouldn't even apply. . lastly, most people only apply to a faction because they're aware of what goes on within the faction either by means of witnessing a friend do it, speaking to the faction lead, or using irl knowledge. . and putting it into the game, so it's not like anyone blindly walks into a faction w/o having some sort of clue as to what they'll be doing !!

robinzee

Level 26
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
I'm gonna go ahead and try to respond to some of the critiques. I didn't respond to some of the other ones because I felt that they were repeats of the ones here. Thanks for your input in advance, folks, I really appreciate it.
I'm pretty neutral on this. Some factions (like government faction) have very specific quotas that can be hard to digest in one forum. It can appear a bit daunting. I think it will take up quite a bit of room which can be overwhelming to read through if you want to apply. My best advice is to trust the faction lead's judgement when accepting applicants, because I guarantee you they consider activity and how much time they think you'll be able to give based on that "describe your activity on the server" question.
As far as I understand, faction leads most often choose people that are the best for the faction, not the other way around. Also, a large part of applicants, myself in the past included, often misunderstand the "Describe your activity on the server" question as "Describe your history", not "Describe how active you are".
Regarding the part about the quota explanation possibly being overwhelming, it's a fair assumption to make, but still, I believe people should know what they're applying for before being accepted and suddenly finding out that they may not have the necessary time for it. Ultimately, this kind of behaviour, while uncommon, wastes both the applicant's and the faction leader's (and possibly employee trainers') time.
Neutral

As infi said some of our quotas are complicated or LONG. I mean KPD has a long list of stuff you can do to earn qoutas and how much each thing is worth, putting all of that into the forums would make it longer and take it so much uneeded space as well as truthfully qouta isn’t that hard to meet. I met KPD qouta in 2 days. It’s not sm you NEED to know to be able to make an application. i can see how it may be helpful but overall we have been perfectly fine application wise without mentioning how we earn qouta and I don’t see a need to change it
See above for a response to your "some quotas are complicated or long" -- the Hospital Staff information states that "is expected to get a minimum of 20 quota points". That's all that needs to be mentioned. As I said, it's nothing complicated, a simple paragraph would do.
With all respect, your personal experience with collecting quotas has nothing to do with this suggestion. Just because you were able to complete your quotas in two days doesn't mean somebody will be able to be as active as you, or as lucky to have so much activity to log, as you.
You're right - this information is not something you need to know to be able to make an application, but it's helpful to applicants before deciding to apply.
i'm also neutral on this. . i understand where you're going and you do make a useful point, but depending on which faction you're going into, spreading your quotas throughout the month is not something that is necessarily difficult to do (because its a whole month..). the only reason i would say you'd NEED to know before hand is if you know you're going to be a slacker and have the desire to rush through the quotas at the end of the month, which at that point - you shouldn't even apply. . lastly, most people only apply to a faction because they're aware of what goes on within the faction either by means of witnessing a friend do it, speaking to the faction lead, or using irl knowledge. . and putting it into the game, so it's not like anyone blindly walks into a faction w/o having some sort of clue as to what they'll be doing !!
Let's imagine a scenario. I would like to apply to become a lawyer. In real life, I am a rather busy person, but I've managed to hit the quota in other factions before. Of course I know what a lawyer does, that's a no-brainer. The part I'm struggling with is knowing whether I'm going to have enough free time to contribute significantly to the faction as a lawyer if there is no information about this in the application information. The issue isn't with the "what" as much as "how long" or "how much".

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- The remaining factions will include a little more detail on responsibilities in their format threads.​

Users who are viewing this thread