oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
What is your Minecraft username?:

lyriddd

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):

Nfin#5591

Do you have a microphone?:

I do have a working microphone and am able to speak in necessary voice channels.

How old are you? (Optional):

I am 19 years old.

What is your time zone?:

BST/GMT

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yes, I understand this.

Describe your activity on the server:

While on the server, I spend my time working for the factions I'm already a part of, as well as building for whoever needs it (or whatever I'm asked to do.) I enjoy replying to people via OOC/LOOC as well as roleplaying with players who struggle to get started with SRP. Aside from all of that, the majority of my time on SRP is spent planning and thinking of ideas that could later be implemented in the work I do.

Do you have any previous bans?:

I have two bans from 2017, both in which I have learned my mistakes from.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

oInfi [Shopkeeper]
NoInfi [Judge]
lyriddd [Adult]

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I am applying to teach general math. This includes (and is not limited to) algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, and statistics. I plan on creating “units” within each math subject, and the lessons themselves would essentially reset at the end of each exam every three months. However, I will do my best to make sure that each lesson is different from the rest.

Note if this is not possible, I am perfectly fine with specializing in just geometry.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

I haven’t been a school teacher since 2018. During that time I was teaching musical theory. The experience was wonderful and I would love to do something like that again however this time on a grander scale. Unlike being a college professor, a lot of HS teaching requires roleplaying with newer characters as well as veterans. I’d love to be able to teach the newer players of the server both in an IC and OOC manner. It is common that new players, or “greenies”, often don’t know most of the rules of the server. While in a classroom setting I’d do my best to make sure that they’re on track with the rules, as well as sitting in a fun and engaging environment. My motivation essentially stems from the desire to make the teaching world a "better place". I'd love to be a part of helping students graduate and become college students, as well as making the school environment safer for the students from an IC and OOC perspective.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:

Yes, I understand this. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to become a teacher and am wholeheartedly prepared to do whatever training is necessary in order to complete my job to the best of my ability.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

Teacher class logs are implemented into the faction in order to keep tabs on the work each teacher does. Teacher log their quotas, and are later able to count towards their monthly quota of ten classes a month with an additional five for a bonus. In order to receive your paycheck, teachers MUST fill out the logs according to the format provided and achieve at least ten logs a month. Not only this, but logs are beneficial to the faction’s leads and higherups to ensure that each teacher (that is not already on inactivity) is remaining active, and lastly to make sure that each employee is teaching their designated subject correctly and responsibly.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

Teachers are permitted to set their own class rules as they see fit (within reason). However there are basic rules they have to follow as well. Teachers are to uphold seriousness in the classroom pretty much at all times, as well as show no biasness whatsoever towards any students. Punishments are to be fair and just, and teachers are not to randomly pass out detention to students without any given reason. Lastly, teachers are required to teach their given subject and nothing more. They value the safety of the students above all else and strive to create a healthy environment for those seeking an education. As far as basic classroom/school rules go, students are not to wear masks inside school unless they have a medical reason (permission from a hospital worker). They are not to yell, scream, or start any sort of fight. Doing so would obviously result in detention. Alcohol/cigarettes are also strictly prohibited in the school with a zero tolerance policy alongside it, meaning if a student is caught with illicit substances they are to immediately be given detention.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I have spent time in over half of the factions on the server. I’ve developed a keen sense in roleplay in the emergency, town, school, faculty, crime, and shop factions. I have been a part of Roleplay Hub since early 2017, and have greatly developed my roleplay experience since then. I have a select few characters I play on a daily basis, each in which have their own lore, backstory, personality, and other traits.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: The head of department is usually the teacher that oversees their fellow coworkers in a specific department (maths, english, history, etc.). The head of department ensures that their coworkers are completing their jobs to the best of their ability and making sure they follow the rules.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Qualified teacher is the veteran version of a newly qualified teacher. After you become an official qualified teacher, the restrictions on your character and the things you are able to achieve whilst being a teacher are lifted enormously. Unlike newly qualified teachers, qualified teachers have a lot more liberty to do as they please.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Newly qualified teachers are teachers that no longer have to go through any sort of training. They are also able to host classes on their own without the support of a qualified or head of department teacher.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: These teachers are the ones that initially join the faction. Once you’re accepted as a teacher, you become an unqualified teacher. Fear not however! Once you pass your training as an unqualified teacher, you will be promoted to newly qualified and no longer have to have your classes monitored.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

As I have been a teacher in the past, the role is both simple and complex at the same time. While both in and out of game, teachers are to be respectful at all times. Not only do they have an example to set ICly, they also have to set the exact same example OOCly, as they can get punished for improper behavior. Teachers have quite the hefty salary due to being a part of the most important faction of the server. With 350,000 yen being their base quota after completing ten full classes, they will also receive an additional 50,000 yen upon completing an additional five classes. They teach according to the base rules as explained above, as well as the rules they set for themselves. Often teachers will have more restrictions, but there are some who are a bit more lenient as well. They are to teach students their selected subject to the best of their ability, and have an extensive knowledge on said subject as well as a lesson planned in advance. What they do in their spare time depends on the teacher. Some choose to create lesson plans in their spare time, while others do other activities on separate roles or games. ICly, teachers in their spare time mingle with each other in the break room, have conversations with students, monitor detentions, and more.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

The teaching faction is one of the most important factions on the server. Their job is to not only present students with a healthy learning environment and enforce rules within the school, but to also help those who need it whether they’re in trouble ICly, or need any sort of rule related assistance OOCly. Teachers work closely with green-tags, and should be part of their job to help them grow and create an environment where they can easily make friends if they’re struggling. Lastly, teachers are important to the server because they are the people that lead students to their graduation every three months. They teach the required subjects to students in hopes that they are able to pass their college exams.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

After doing a bit of research from previous applicants as well as current/past teachers, I’ve gathered that the school works off of the “MoSCoW” system. This essentially translates to must have, should have, could have, and would/wouldn’t have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Mayumi is a bright young woman. With her dyed ocean-blue hair with a sea-foam hue, she stands at a height of four feet and eleven inches. As far as body shape goes, she has quite the athletic build! Weighing roughly one hundred ten pounds. She appears to have vitiligo, making one eye a bright shade of blue and the other a rather gray hue accompanied by bright patches of skin around her body. She carries herself well as far as appearance goes. Wears all the appropriate clothing for any specific occasion and always seems to bear a smile no matter what. She believes that each student has the right to be taught, and knows that any failure a student has in her class is her fault and not the student. She strives to make sure that each student has a fair, passing grade before they move on to the next grade. She adores her coworkers and strives to be friends with all of them almost to an odd extent. She despises it when people don’t like her, and only wishes to be friends with everyone. She hates making enemies, but knows to follow the rules that are set for her. She has a very kind and outgoing personality to her. She’s determined and once she has her mind set on a goal, she won’t stop until that goal is met. Mayumi wishes to spend her near future continuing to teach and work until she retires. Should her future plans ever change, she’s confident that she can meet her goals no matter what.

Provided below is a NameMC render of my character (Mayumi Akai).
1663960649430.png
Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Mayumi would ask the delinquents to stop what they are doing, reminding them that there are consequences to their actions. Should they refuse to listen, Mayumi would send them all to detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

Mayumi would locate the source of the problem first. Typically the problem stems from a group or single individual that affects the rest of the classroom. She’d approach the group after several attempts of getting the class to listen and telling the group that if they do not start paying attention, they will have to go to detention after school. Should they continue, she’d immediately send the rowdy students to detention, and continue on with her lesson.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

Mayumi is a very sociable creature, she tends to want to interact with everyone at all times. Being alone creates stress for her, so she does her best to interact with her coworkers as much as possible. Mayumi is a very outgoing young woman, and strives to make everyone around her happy and in a warm environment. She’d do her best to help out where it’s needed, while still making time for leisurely conversations with her fellow coworkers.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
&6straightened the pencils in front of her, before walking around the class and handing out a worksheet to each individual student. &f”This is a test! Not a test that will count on your school report card, rather one to see where you all stand in mathematics. During this unit, we will be looking into geometry. You are not expected to get every answer right..” &6she’d walk back up to her podium &f”However I fully expect you all to do your best! Good luck, and please submit the test to myself signed with your name before you leave. If you do not finish that’s perfectly fine, just please submit it anyways.”

/me &6after receiving all the tests, Mayumi would set them in a neat stack on her desk in the corner &f”Now! If you all would like to prepare for the next class, I suggest doing some research on the basics of geometry. If you want something to do, have a guess at the square footage of the school! Tomorrow we will go over how to determine the square feet of any given space. Oh and! Whoever guesses the closest will receive a reward token!”

/me &6walked into the classroom, leading herself up to the desk. Before she’d use the intercom to make an announcement, she’d open her laptop and go over her most recent lesson plan. She’d type a few things into the plan before tapping the microphone of her intercom.. After she gave her morning announcement she’d walk back to the classroom doors and open them for the students to enter.

/me &6walked up to <student name>, looking down at their phone &f”Please remember that there’s no calculators allowed during this test. If I see it out again I’ll have to take it from you until the remainder of the class.” &6she’d finish speaking, giving a faint sigh before returning to the front of the class and continued to grade worksheets.

Backstory

Mayumi Akai had a good life growing up in a small town. She was adored by her peers and family, bringing home top grades and shared her childhood with her only sister, Kiyoko. Growing up in a business family meant spending her after school days helping out at her father’s tailoring shop, where she’d do her homework in the booths and afterwards help out with the remaining chores around the area. It was there she adopted a rather keen sense of fashion and dressing appropriately for any occasion. However during that time Mayumi had a dream of cultivating her social nature into helping others learn.

While Mayumi was in high school, she participated in several after school activities. Most being sports teams and council clubs. She strived to make herself as diverse within her small school system as possible. Mayumi was loved by most of her peers and still held her dream of teaching close to her heart. Mayumi lived the life any other high schooler would. In the end she graduated with flying colors across her academic record. Though she didn’t become the valedictorian, she still ranked quite high in test scores and overall GPA. Immediately after high school, she decided to attend university at one of the local schools in her area.

During Mayumi’s time at university studying maths and literature, she had also spent a great deal of time in an elementary school setting teaching children of younger ages reading and writing, as well as working part-time for her family’s tailoring business as her way of paying rent. Two years after Mayumi graduated with her Bachelor’s degree, she quit both her job at her family’s shop and her job in teaching to go live near her sister Kiyoko. She moved to Karakura and settled down in a house before submitting her application to Karakura High School.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Mayumi Akai
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): May, Mayu, Mayumi
Preferred Name: For fellow faculty, May. For students, Miss Akai.

Age (Minimum is 27): 28
Religious Denomination: Shinto
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
Four years teaching work experience

Academic Degree: Bachelor’s degree.
Year of Graduation: 2017
Major(s): Literature, Social Sciences, Mathmatics
Minors: Geography