My Discord username is itsmelody18

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, I have a microphone

What is your time zone?:
My time zone is CET [GMT +1]

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I acknowledge and understand.

Describe your activity on the server:

I'm online every day for at least 1 hour, reaching a maximum of 6/7 hours daily. I often play on multiple characters and switch from my main account to my alt, meaning I am not always online as one account, however. I often play with my friends and random people to kill some time. I think joining the Karakura Police Department will enhance this, and help me have more fun playing and
have more experiences​

Weekdays
During the weekdays (Monday -Thursday) I'm normally online from 3(:30)PM until 8 PM CET. This highly depends on the amount of lessons I have in a day.​
Friday And Saturday
On Friday and Saturday, however, I'm mostly online from 3 PM until 8:30 PM CET​
Sunday
On Sundays, I am mostly online from 11 AM until 8 PM, and between these times may come interferences for OOC and private reasons​

If my application for the teacher faction is being accepted, I would prioritize this character, and spend most of the time as the teacher whilst being online. Being a teacher would benefit my encouragement to roleplay, and put more time into the server than I'd normally do.
Fairly, I'd think I'm very active amongst the community and the server, also trying to interact with new players to give them a positive first impression of the server, making them want to come back. I've been roleplaying since May of 2023 now, and my greenie time has been passed on a long time ago. I'm trying to remove the greenie era from the new players, explaining how roleplaying works to them in every detail when I see one.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:

Accepted

N/A

Denied

https://schoolrp.net/threads/drama-p-e-teacher-application-itsmelody.64449/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/highschool-councillor-melody-toki-finster.65152/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/councelor-application-melody-toki-finster.65392/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/docter-application-melody-toki-finster.65457/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ilina-o-nakazumis-p-e-teacher-application-itsmelody.68020/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/reading-club-isa-toki.66761/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/melotisms-staff-application.67910/

Pending
https://schoolrp.net/threads/artist-application-itsmelody.67703/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/tokki-yo-shopkeeper-application-itsmelody.66179/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/strays-shopkeeper-application.64160/

What are your current roles on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):
Grade-12 (3x)
Grade-7 (1x)

Bird (1x)
Raccoon (1x)

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
"I'm applying to teach P.E. (Physical Education)"

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation for applying for the teacher factions is to be able to have more Roleplay experiences inside of the server. The teacher faction can give me these experiences. If I got accepted into the faction, I'd be able to interact with players and the community in a new and different way than I'm currently doing and give me new opportunities to connect with players and make new friends.

I've been roleplaying with certain people for almost a year now, and it has gotten very boring. I normally roleplay with a set group of friends, and a set list of things to roleplay with inside of my characters' personalities. Being accepted into the teacher faction would allow me to go outside of these boundaries, roleplay new personalities and expand the set amount of people I'd normally roleplay with to a larger amount. I've been observing the teacher faction for almost two months, and I've gotten into detail since my previous denied application. I have plenty of class ideas, that would keep my classes fun for all players that are in high school, make them enjoy them every time and possibly allow new players to want to come back to the server, growing the community larger bit by bit.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?
Yes. Every teacher that's new to the faction receives the UT role, which stands for 'Unqualified teacher'. UT is the lowest rank in the teacher faction.

Do you understand if your application is accepted, you will have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I do understand that I will need to undergo teacher training.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher logs is a system to make sure that everyone in the Teacher faction reaches their monthly quota of 10 classes per month to receive a paycheck of ¥350,000 if you are a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT). If you're a Qualified teacher you can receive a paycheck of ¥400,000 for completing 10 classes at the end of the month. 10 classes per month is a minimum, however. If a teacher decides to do extra classes after the minimum quota of 10 classes, they will receive another ¥50,000 per five classes they complete after the minimal paycheck, until the maximum amount is reached. (Teachers are only allowed to host 4 classes per OOC day, however)
Teacher logs are used for teachers to log how many classes they have reached, so they can collect their paychecks compared to the amount of classes they have hosted in a month.

What are the strict rules when being in a class as a teacher?:
In my class, there would be several rules to make sure that my class won't be interrupted and that it will run smoothly without disturbance.

1. Raise your hand if you have a question; If someone else is talking you are quiet. This is to ensure that I will be able to answer everyone's questions and react to them, without the class becoming chaos.

2. Do not use electronic devices or musical instruments; If you are caught being on your phone and not paying attention to the class, you will get warned, and after multiple warnings, your phone will be taken away for the lesson. The same goes for musical instruments, if you are caught disturbing my class and not paying attention your instrument will be taken temporarily

3. No Masks; Don't wear masks in my class or get kicked out.

4. Play along in class; If we are doing a sport, for example, volleyball, you are highly advised to join in on the activity. This has exceptions, for example, if someone has a broken leg, crutches or is blinded, they are not needed to play along and are allowed to watch.

5. No swearing; If you insult me, a colleague or another student you will be warned and kicked out of class. If you physically attack someone, you will receive immediate detention for harassment.

6. Stay together; If we leave the classroom as a group, you're required to stay close to us the entire time, to ensure that no one gets lost or separated from the group. We don't want anyone to get hurt.

7. No food or drinks; If you're caught eating or drinking in my class you will receive a warning. Eating during P.E.class is dangerous, because it may result in choking.

If students broke these rules, they'd receive a warning, which may lead to being kicked out of class. These rules are purely to make sure the entire class pays attention and to avoid dangers on school grounds.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have been roleplaying for almost a full year now, starting back in May of 2023. Back then was filled with FailRP for me, because I was a greenie. After a month or so, new friends taught me how to roleplay correctly, and they told me my place in the community, telling me all the information on the server that I needed to know

For a few months, I was active a lot because of new friends I made, and I was always excited to log back into the server and create a character with a detailed backstory and personality, instead of the non-detailed and unlogic characters I had before. I met a new friend and joined some IC families, and people started liking me. Someone bought me a rank and taught me how to fit deeper into the community to enhance my roleplay experiences, which worked out well. I made several friends for the following months and had many new and fun experiences roleplaying with those friends.

In November of 2023, I took a break from the server, and when I came back I made some new friends to roleplay with, expanding my friends list. Since 2016, I've been obsessed with character creation, but I was never good at it. SchoolRP taught me how to do it properly, and how to have fun inside a large community and that fun experiences are endless.

FamilyRP
I've been in many families over the past few months, including Toki, Nakazumi, Nakamura, Yuogio and Finster. I had new experiences roleplaying with the people from these families and learned a new kind of roleplaying. FamilyRP to me was new back then but I learned everything about it quickly.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:

Head of Department
↳ Description:
The Head of Department is a teacher who has shown over time that they are responsible and are someone who takes their job seriously. They have been a teacher for a while, and know what they are doing. They help to train the new teachers and improve their talent in hosting classes. They make sure there are no issues or problems, and to make sure the other teachers follow the set rules. The Head of Department is the highest rank in the teacher faction.

- QT
↳ Meaning:

Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
Qualified Teachers are the teachers that have much experience inside of the faction. They understand the rules and have proved this, and they know how to handle students and teach classes correctly. Qualified teachers are the second highest rank in the teacher faction.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:

Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
Newly Qualified Teachers are teachers who have shown to be able to handle teaching classes alone. They have finished the teacher training and proved they are worth the role of a teacher and that they will take it seriously, trying to improve their teaching.

- UT
↳ Meaning:

Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description:
The Unqualified teachers are the teachers who are newly accepted into the faction. They are required to undergo teacher training led by other, more experienced teachers. They are monitored closely to see if they take the job seriously, and if they are a good fit inside of the faction to succeed in getting higher ranks inside the faction.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach and what they do in their spare time in general.

[
Teachers In-Game]
Teachers are here to provide roleplay for the students on the SRP server, what's a school without teachers? They host classes and keep students active, by hosting activities for the students. Teachers make sure that the students are safe inside of the school too. They make sure that students stay out of trouble during school hours. The salary of a teacher is managed during the Teacher Logs, as explained earlier. A Newly Qualified Teacher can make ¥350,000 for hosting 10 classes per month. The Qualified Teachers make ¥400,000 for 10 classes every month. If a teacher decides to host more classes than the minimum amount of ten, they will receive an additional ¥50,000 per five classes they host

[Teachers Out-Of-Game]
Teacher's Out-Of-Game are there to give students from school a comfortable learning environment and protect them to avoid getting anyone hurt. Every teacher has their style that they use to teach their classes, and their lessons can vary. They make sure that every student gets enough time to learn for tests, and make sure that they have what they need. In primary schools in my country, each class has a teacher, who only teaches that class and teaches all subjects besides P.E. These teachers have gotten different training than the teachers from high school. In high school, however, every subject has a different teacher, to make them more focused on that one subject to provide more needs for the students and make the job easier for the teachers. They make €2,200 to €4,600 per month, without taxes.

[Free-Time]
Whilst many people ICly and OOCly think that teachers aren't doing anything outside of school, they are wrong. Teachers have the same complex lives as everyone else does, with friends, families, hobbies, and things to do. Even though grading assignments and planning classes takes a lot of their free time, they still have a social life outside of their work. They have a family to be with and they have their hobbies, which they want to do as well. Spending time with friends and family will create memories that are worth more than grading the assignments all night. They have a lot of free time to do so anyway.

[Methods Of Teaching]
There are a lot of methods to teach students a subject, and it differ from teacher to teacher and depends on what subject they teach. Some teachers like to give students a project or go on field trips to teach them in interactive ways, whilst others do it in the classic way of a worksheet and talking to students to teach it to them. Many P.E. Teachers that I had throughout my school time always taught in ways that made the class rather look more like a game than actual learning, which made P.E. one of my favourite subjects. P.E. teachers often go into detail on how to improve your tactics in sports, and that helped me a lot in my life.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
The teacher faction helps to bring the school aspect of SchoolRP to actual reality. A school is centred around education, which teachers bring to the students, together with the Professor faction. Teachers help to give the school an actual school feeling and give people the experience of the school being a school. Teachers help enhance the subject of the server, a school. A school without teachers is not a school, but rather a prison cell. Teachers make sure the students are safe inside the school as well and try to make sure that no students get into trouble.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MoSCoW. This stands for "Must Have, Should have, Could have, Would have."

Character Information

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?

Amane Nakazumi is a 31-year-old, Japanese woman. Her skin would have a light sun-touched tone, reflecting onto her wavy, brown hair. Her blue eyes would always make her look sweet. She stood at 5'6 with a lean muscular figure. She would be an adventurous person, yet self-disciplined and friendly. She would also sometimes have a childish side when not being on the job. She would smell like "La Vie Est Belle Perfume". Her voice, often sweet and soft, would get a demanding voice if needed. Amane has a childish side, which she often shows when outside school hours. During school hours, however, she shows her professional and adult side. Her adventurous personality makes her want to explore, learn and teach. Amane always tries to help students who need it the most and teach them everything they possibly need.

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?
[Students]

Amane always wants to help the students see the best in them and motivate them to do anything they want to make their dreams come true. Amane would try to be everyone's favourite teacher, and be accepted into the faculty by the students. She looks at the students as a family, instead of students, wanting to protect them in every way, inside and outside the school. Amane wants to be a person that students will go to if they have something they need to talk about.

[Colleagues]
Amane's outlook on her colleagues is positive. Amane believes that teamwork is the key to success. She would try to befriend other teachers and faculty members, not wanting to be anyone's enemy or to be seen as someone who wasn't nice among the faculty. She'd respect all co-workers, help them when in need, and help them to get a hard job done, expecting this back as well.

What are their plans for the future?
Amane wants to find a partner soon and wants to travel around the world with them. She wants to make many friends in Karakura and is thinking about having children. She wants to leave the faculty after 10 or 20 years of teaching the students or doing other things inside the school. After those years she'd rest for a year, then try to join the Karakura Police Department or become a shopkeeper. She wants to make a difference in the school with her personality and make classes even more fun for students.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention the use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
As Amane walked down the hallway towards the students she'd notice the swearing. She would watch them for a moment and then intervene in the situation. She'd ask them what was going on and why. After hearing the situation she'd warn the students about their language, telling them to not swear on the school grounds. If the students decided to ignore her warning and continue, she'd hand them a Detention slip after multiple warnings.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
She'd take out a crayon and start writing on the board behind her. "Be silent." she'd take out a ruler and slam the board, getting the students' attention. If this doesn't work Amane would raise her voice, and say "Sush" in a loud and demanding voice.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Inside the faculty lounge, Amane would try to socialize with the other teachers, perhaps with a sandwich and a cup of coffee. She'd try to befriend other teachers to not be alone in the faculty. She'd also be planning future classes, or grading previous assignments from her class. If bored, however, she'd read a book or text her family.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
She'd open her drawer, as she took out a white crayon. She'd turn around, making her brown hair swirl with her. She'd start to write on the board loudly, tilting over. &r"Be Quiet" &bstood on the board. Amane would then write a full stop behind it, with a loud &r"POK!" &rShe'd turn around back to her desk, putting the crayon back in and taking out a big ruler, as she slammed the board saying &r"Follow this or talk outside." &bShe'd lay the ruler back into the drawer, and close it. Amane would then proceed with her lesson like nothing happened.

/me As she threw her bag on her desk, failing miserably as the bag fell off on the other side, she walked over and picked it up. &r"Alright so: Or we do basketball or we do volleyball. Fight it out." &bAs she monitored the class and counted the number of votes cast for each choice.

/me She'd open her drawer, taking her crayon out of it as she turned to the board, starting to write. She'd say &r"Alright, hangman it is. The word has 5 letters, if you want to guess raise your hand, don't shout" &bAs "_ _ _ _ _" appeared on the board, She'd then inspect the class for raised hands

/me She'd walk closer towards the students' table as she leaned onto their table, asking &r"What do you think you're doing?" &bas she tapes a detention slip on their mouth.

Backstory

"July 15, 1993. Amane was born in Tokyo. She was the third child of Utaho Mitsumoto and Tokiwa Nakazumi, she grew up receiving affection from her family. From the age of 8, Amane wanted to become a magical girl of justice and defeat villains and admired them in comics. At the age of 10, she was told by her older brother Ryoki that to become a magical girl she had to be strong enough to help others and defeat bad people. Afterwards, she continued to do good deeds, such as picking up trash on the street and began learning judo to increase her strength.

When Amane entered high school in Tokyo, she got bullied because of her dreams and her soft character. Amane had no friends, but she didn't care. This made her mentally strong and resistant. After being beaten up multiple times by bullies, and locked inside lockers, she started going to the gym, to train herself physically. Amane met someone in the gym when she was 15. A boy, named Nathan. She became friends with her and started training with him. Soon enough, they fell in love. The bullies soon came to know this and started bullying Nathan as well. Soon afterwards, Nathan's parents had enough of it and moved to another town, together with Nathan, leaving Amane behind alone.

Afterwards, as she got older and her body grew, her dreams changed from being a magical girl to becoming a police officer. She entered the police academy at the age of 25. She spent five months there, studying general education, law, and police practice, In addition, she learned the things necessary to become a police officer, such as arrest techniques, first-aid techniques, and how to use a handgun, and she graduated after enduring the tight schedule and strict regulations there. After three months of on-the-job training, she finally became an official police officer in Tokyo.

When Amane was 29 years old, she wanted to do something else than being a police officer, so she quit her job and moved to Karakura, applying for to become a P.E. Teacher on their local highschool. She was always obsessed with physical education when she was a child back in her school time. Amane wanted to give this experience to other children aswell, hoping they are going to love P.E. like Amane does"

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
"My full name is Amane Yuogio Nakazumi"

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
"Miss"

Given Name(s):

"Amane"

Preferred Name:
N/A

Age (Minimum is 25):
"I'm currently 31 years old!"

Religious Denomination:

"I'm an non-believer, also known as an Atheist

Marital Status:
"I'm currently single"

Nationality:

"I'm born in Tokyo, Japan"

Current Location:
"I'm currently in Karakura, Japan"

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
"I have worked at the Tokyo Police Department for 5 years, and in a restaurant for 2 years, adding up to 7 years in total"

Academic Degree:

"I have a bachelors degree"

Year of Graduation:
"I graduated college in 2014"

Major(s):
"I have a major in teaching, aswell as learning languages and sports"

Minors:
"I have a minor in science and religious subjects"

Native Languages:
Japanese

Other Languages:
Latin
(Applying for)

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
"No, i don't"

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
N/A

Do you have any questions?:
N/A

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread