Level 12
diskou
diskou
Omega
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
TIKIBOMBOM

Previous bans:
I had, understandably, received a thirty day ban in April 2020, when I was very new to the server and did not understand the rules. The punishment was completely justified and I understand why I deserved it. Since then, I have not only familiarized myself with the rules, but also matured enough that I would not repeat the same offense again.

Describe your activity on the server:
Since initially joining in March 2020, I have maintained consistent activity until the present day. I am online for several hours at a time daily across all my accounts. While, of course, activity can vary depending on circumstances outside of my control, I am very capable of managing my time and can still maintain my high activity. Going forward, I expect my activity to increase.

Which timezone are you in?
MST (GMT-7)

Do you have Discord? If so, what is your tag
Absolutely, it is anders!#0047

Do you have a microphone:
Yes I do, and I have no problem speaking through a VC when necessary.

List your current and past applications:
Russian Language [Denied]
Russian Language [Accepted]
French Language [Denied]
French Language [Accepted]
Psychiatrist Application [Accepted]
Minnan Language [Denied]
Portuguese Language [Denied]
English Teacher [Accepted]
Greek Language [Accepted]
Psychiatrist (Return) [Accepted]
High School Council [Accepted]

Shopkeeper [Pending]

What is your motivation for applying?:
Throughout my time on the server, the Police faction remains a facet of the server that I have not gotten the opportunity to experience yet. While in EMS, I had the opportunity to work alongside the KPD fairly often, and got to learn more about the way in which the job functioned. The KPD is very hands-on, which appeals heavily to myself, who likes to be able to have some form of active involvement in the factions I am involved in. Additionally, working in the KPD serves as a highly valuable opportunity to use my personal love for DetailRP in a wide variety of situations, as the KPD is tasked with facing countless amounts of situations, from minor disruptions on the street to busting large gangs, the KPD serves as the ultimate bridge between the many facets of SchoolRP. I genuinely want to experience the KPD and be able to use my knowledge in DetailRP as a means to enhance the experiences of those who find themselves in trouble with the police.
As someone who is currently studying both psychology and sociology, I have had the opportunity to learn about many aspects law enforcement, the justice system, and how officers should handle certain situations. An intro to ethics class, specifically piqued my interest in how both ethics and law operate separately yet overlap often. I have developed a skill for identifying the difference between a law and an ethic and I believe it would be both beneficial and interesting to apply in a police roleplay setting. Seeing as high ranking members of law enforcement tend to have background in social sciences, I have a genuine interest in seeing what aspects of sociology and psychology can be applied in a practical setting in law enforcement.

Do you understand Japanese Laws and Basic Conduct?
Yes. I am familiar with laws, standards, conduct, and ordinances in place in Japan. I am also very familiar with the specific laws of Karakura. However, I know there is certainly more I could learn, which is part of the reason why I am applying for KPD.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
Police work is perhaps one of the most difficult jobs to maintain and carry out your responsibilities effectively. The police need to be open to collaboration with each other, those who are in positions higher than them, and also with the citizens they interact with daily. Perhaps the best possible metric to determine an effective member of law enforcement is with their ability to handle the position of power they are placed in. Law enforcement places you in a position of power over nearly everyone, and many people allow their power to serve as a means to actively do wrong on those they hold power over. Handling high levels of responsibility can be difficult, but can be easily avoided.
When it comes to direct law enforcement, I categorize the responsibilities as follows.
Minor Crimes: Minor crimes are illegal, but less consequential than other crimes. These tend to require less force, contain lower punishments, and can be resolved in relatively short amounts of time. Loitering, jaywalking, trespassing, underage possession, possession of fake identification, minor traffic violations, minor animal-related incidents, and casual reports tend to fall under this category.
Major Crimes: Major crimes are incredibly serious and may require backup, higher levels of force, greater punishment, and physical contact. Crimes such as murder, physical assault, theft, possession of weaponry, kidnapping, illegal businesses, cannibalism, and other crimes with high levels of impact fall under this category.
Invasive Crimes: Defamation, blackmail, sexual harrassment, standard harrassment, tampering, obstruction of justice, false reporting, bribery, scamming, and criminal intimidation are crimes that are greatly invasive to the receiving parties. This can cause massive implications, and tend to be dealt with case-by-case, as many of these crimes tend to carry unique situations alongside them.
Norm Violations: Norm violations, as the name implies, are violations of societal norms, but are not illegal under the law. Calls about these are relatively common, and often are to be resolved by the involved parties. Police involvement is only necessary if a crime occurs.
Emergency Calls: KPD and EMS are both responsible for answering emergency calls. It is highly important calls are answered to prevent crimes.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
SchoolRP has an incredibly robust system of GangRP, which requires a form of law enforcement to counter the crime. The KPD is usually a player’s first interaction with a member of a government/city related faction because of their heavy involvement in the community and within roleplay. GangRP requires a check on their power, like the KPD, to ensure a level of safety for players and also an element of difficulty for those who decide to engage in criminal roleplay. The police are, in one word, exciting. Players’ anxiety they receive when being hunted by the police, or narrowly escaping arrest are among the greatest parts of the server. Police are also, arguably, the most involved faction in the server. Police may be called to the school, they work alongside EMS, they provide services to the city faction, and involve themselves in every player’s lives through their enforcement of the law. The police roster contains thirty-three available spots, more than most other factions, for a reason. The police are not just important to SchoolRP, they are necessary.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Absolutely, as is standard in any other faction I have worked in. Especially for a job like KPD, it is heavily important that officers are active, mature, and are capable of conducting their jobs effectively and realistically.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Absolutely. I am aware this means I need to play the part properly, such as acting maturely and in a manner that makes sense for a police officer to behave. Additionally, this also means I should not allow any forms of conflict of interest, including, but not limited to: illegal activities, GangRP, working alongside those trying to conduct crime, and metagaming. The police officer role comes with many responsibilities and it would be highly remiss of me to attempt to bypass these responsibilities and restrictions.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorised to attend or you will be punished?
Absolutely. This is similar to other factions that I have worked in. Without proper training, I will be incapable of carrying out the responsibilities that come with my job. I look forward to training and am more than happy to drop whatever I am doing to attend training.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to IC harassment, and you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Absolutely. The element of IC harassment is a necessary element of the job and allows for unique roleplay experiences and allows me to practice my methods of diffusing situations in roleplay. Not only am I aware of this but am open to this special element of roleplay.

In-Character (IC) Section

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?

Miho Ono finds her most unique physical traits in being the happy medium. She is not particularly remarkable in physical appearance, but uses her average appearance to her advantage. Her hair is black, thick, cuts off bluntly slightly below her shoulders, and sports bangs barely touching the bottom portion of her eye-brows. She would be 5’3 with typical, pale skin that reflected the sun. Her jet-black eyes carried a remarkable gaze, the type of gaze that would remain in the back of people’s minds for years. A sign of her age, she’d have the typical amount of wrinkles throughout her face for an older Japanese female. Her hair would show clear signs of graying, especially as her hairs grow gray faster than she could pluck them out. She would be particularly fit, especially for her age. Her abilities to run, swim, and contort her body would match that of those much younger than her. She always spoke in a monotonous tone, her face rarely, if ever, showing any emotional expression. Her face would always be difficult to read, perhaps her greatest trait, but also her greatest fault.
Aside from the clear fact that she would be middle-aged, a rather rare kind of character in SchoolRP, she would absolutely fill the role of someone of her age. Despite her seemingly phlegmatic persona, she, of course, has more sides to her. In stereotypical middle-aged woman fashion, she'd always jump at the opportunity to attend a nice book club and share a bottle of wine with her friends -- that is, if she manages to get any friends.

What they're like on and off the job?
As a somewhat elusive, stoic figure, she finds herself living a rather simple life outside of her job. She lives alone, having been divorced several years prior, and maintains an incredibly strict sleeping schedule. She centers most of her life around her job, working as much as possible, lest she be forced to pick up a hobby instead. Her work is her life, it is all she thinks about, it is the only source of purpose she finds. Outside of work, she focuses entirely on her standard domestic activities. She will prepare meals for work, tidy her home, run errands, and work-out to maintain her physique. As unremarkable as she appears, she is realistic. Her life is not insanely intricate, nor does she want it to be. She is happy with settling, as she had always done.

Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?
Miho Ono is relatively difficult to socialize with, seemingly a personal choice. As any person does, she wants social interaction with others, but she also does not want to drop her stolid, tough, strange persona. She will still attempt to build connections with her co-workers, but remains cautious to not destroy the facade she has created. However, she is human, it is always inevitable that someone could get to her. In the future, she plans on maintaining the same job she has always held. Once again, she is happy with settling, so she wishes to remain in the same career she has always worked in.

BACKSTORY
(Make sure this biography/lore has 100+ words.)
Miho Ono was born in Tokyo, Japan to a middle-class household on 21 September 1980. She was educated and raised in Tokyo, living a relatively unremarkable life along the outskirts of the central city, essentially residing in a suburb of the metropolis. She completed her secondary education in 1988 and immediately enrolled in university for her undergraduate degrees in Criminology and Public Service & Public Policy (Law and Policy). Miho did not necessarily have a career goal in mind upon entering university, and instead chose to pursue her degree first, then seek career options after. Remarkably, Miho’s plan remained intact after graduation, and she enrolled in her local police academy while actively studying to get her Master’s Degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice. Upon her graduation from the police academy, which roughly coincided with her completion of her postgraduate degree, she immediately began her career in the police system. She proceeded to maintain her position in her local police force, a position she still holds until she is able to relocate outside of Tokyo. Perhaps her most interesting aspect of her past would be her divorce with her husband in 2017, after a short-lived, three year marriage. However, the divorce did not experience major complications. No custody arrangements were necessary, no legal battles ensued, and she continued her life as usual. In general, it appears she was unaffected by the divorce, though that can only be inferred by the attitude she chooses to display to others.
Her backstory, however mundane, average, and standard as it may be, reflects her personality and upbringing. She is the industry standard, a genuine, real reflection of the upbringing and life of most people entering the police force. Miho Ono has always been a strong, hardworking woman, always accepting every challenge she finds herself facing, not with a smile on her face, of course, but with inner-determination.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Characters Full Name:

Miho Ono

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss

Given Name(s):
Miho Ono

Preferred Name:
Miho Ono

IC Phone number:

Religious Denomination:
Agnostic

Marital Status:
Single (Divorced)

Nationality:
Japanese

Current Location:
Tokyo, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of training:

Six years in addition to all years of working experience

Working Experience:
Thirteen total years of working in the police department in Tokyo, Japan in addition to six years of training received prior in Tokyo.

Academic Degree:
[Certificate] Juvenile Justice
[Certificate] Domestic Violence & Justice
[BA] Criminology
[BA] Public Service & Public Policy (Law and Policy)
[MS] Criminology and Criminal Justice

Year of Graduation:
[Undergrad] 1992
[Postgrad] 1998
[Police Academy] 1998

Major(s):
Major for undergraduate:
Criminology
Public Service & Public Policy (Law and Policy)
Master's Degree:
Criminology and Criminal Justice

Minor(s):
No minors, two certificates completed during undergraduate.
[Certificate] Juvenile Justice
[Certificate] Domestic Violence & Justice

Native Languages:
Japanese

Other Languages:
None.

Last edited:

ryabh

Level 102
ryabh
ryabh
Notable