ZittiEBuoni Shop Application | Kokusai-Teki Trading Company

anders

Level 12
diskou
diskou
Omega

IGN:

ZittiEBuoni
(additional accounts are Ganguh, andersu, TIKIBOMBOM, and JEZINKY)

Discord:

anders!#0047

Describe your activity on the server:

Since initially joining in March 2020, I have been a consistent player on the server. I keep myself online daily for several hours at a time. I have always tried to keep myself involved in both the out of character and in character sides of the server, trying my hardest to remain active in the community. I have been able to experience many facets of the server, from being a student, to a member of EMS, to a teacher, to a councillor, I am always keeping myself involved and active. My activity is on an increase now because of the easing of school, so I would be able to open and work on the shop very often and at many times. I have full intent on dedicating mass amounts of time to ensuring my store is active and I can manage my staff and stock in an effective, quick, and perfect manner.

Previous applications:

Russian Language [Denied]
Russian Language [Accepted]
French Language [Denied]
French Language [Accepted]
Psychiatrist Application [Accepted]
Minnan Language [Denied]
Portuguese Language [Denied]
English Teacher [Accepted]
Greek Language [Accepted]
Psychiatrist (Return) [Accepted]
High School Council [Accepted]

KPD [Denied]
Reporter [Accepted]
KPD II [Accepted]

Previous warns/kicks/bans:

I had received a ban in April 2020, while I was still new to the server and did not have an adequate understanding of the rules. I completely understand why I deserved the ban, have accustomed myself to the rules, and have not had any subsequent bans since.

Shop wanted:

My personal top choice would be to own Unowned Shop #4, however, I do not have a particularly strong preference, so I would settle for any unowned shop if given the opportunity. Since the kind of shop I am seeking to own is not necessarily dependent on its location, I would happily accept any shop available.

Why do you want to own a shop?:

Throughout my time on the server, I have observed a theme in the way stores function. There are many stores that have been hard to distinguish from each other, and stores tend to only open within a certain window of time, neglecting people who may live in time zones that cause them to be absent during shop openings. I want to solve both of these problems by creating a practical store that holds a high degree of uniqueness and opens at many different times to serve as many players as possible. In addition, as anyone who plays the server knows, many characters are written to have backgrounds in many different countries. While a significant amount of Karakura residents originate from outside of Karakura, there are no places that provide goods that serve the international population. In addition, most cities around the world with large international populations have stores catered to the many cultures that reside in the city. Karakura is missing a store like this; a retail space that serves as a cultural exchange for all the residents of Karakura, no matter where they are from.

What do you plan to do with the shop?:

Items and Offerings
The Kokusai-Teki Trading Company would be a store focusing on the distribution of unique items from around the world. Since the population of Karakura is highly diverse, with people from many different nationalities and cultures calling the city home, a shop should exist to fulfill any potential retail demands that stem from the diverse populace. The shop would fall under the broad jurisdiction of a ‘convenience store’ but would find itself mainly specializing in items that have significance in other cultures. In most cities that house large international populations, stores exist to fulfill the demands of products of various international origins, but no shop currently exists to address this demand.
Items offered at The Kokusai-Teki Trading Company, which would be colloquially referred to simply as ‘Kokusai-Teki’ would focus mainly on the distribution of international goods. The shop would offer a wide selection of foods from various national origins. Potential foods items could be Russian kvass, North American chips, Swiss chocolate, Balkan baklava, or Turkish delights. The possibilities for food items are limitless as the store can import items from any country to satisfy the needs of Karakura's massive immigrant population.
In addition to global foods, many products imported from around the world would be sold at the store. Accessories that could be offered at the shop could be traditional Slavic Headdresses, French berets, iconic American cowboy hats, a necklace featuring the evil eye (also known as the ayn, nazar, and mati) would be a highly popular item as it is culturally significant but also aligns with recent trends. Traditional East Asian hair pins would be wearable and would match the culture of high amounts of Karakura’s population. Earrings would also be offered as they are very easy to connect to various cultures. Earrings could don culturally significant iconography, from Canadian maple leaves to pieces featuring imagery connected to various major religions. The products offered at Kokusai-Teki would encourage players to make their character’s culture a more important part of their identity, encouraging diversity. Another potential aspect that could be considered for accessories would be items from various designers around the world. Designs from Gucci describe values of Italian culture, Burberry has heavy connection to the United Kingdom, the Australian brand Quay provides eyewear, and the small designers dotted across East Asia provide potential for accessories catering to many types of fashion styles.
In addition to food and accessories, other items that provide levels of practicality would be offered. Scottish Bagpipes would be a highly unique instrument that could be offered. Plushies in the form of pandas, camels, bears, and other animals would be a comforting method of supplying younger characters with items to use in roleplay. Since the shop is intended to supply items from around the world, the possibilities are practically infinite for unique items that may be offered. Though, of course, the shop would also provide many common items provided at convenience stores, like phones, fruits, and possibly some alcohol or tobacco products. Various accessories, foods, and other items will be sold at the store.
While, of course, it would be highly impractical to offer every item listed, so I obviously do not plan on offering every one of these items right out of the gate. However, I chose to list all these items to display the possibilities with a convenience store that chooses to gear toward the sale of local and international items.

Kvass is a traditional Slavic beverage made from the fermentation of rye bread. Despite the fermentation, the alcohol content is rather low, so this item would not be an alcoholic beverage. This beverage is very popular in Russia, making it an integral part of Russian life.
Of course, potato chips are considered one of the most iconic (and stereotypical) snack foods in North America. While standard potato chips could be possible, if the demand exists, special types of chips iconic to certain parts of the world; such as iconic Canadian all-dressed chips, could be solid options.
As the name suggests, Turkish delights are a dessert that traces its origins in Turkey. A box of the treat could be a possible top seller, especially if it is marketed as a gift item for people to give to their loved ones.
A potential iconic item that the store could offer would be the Slavic Headdress. Slavic headpieces are well known for their highly unique and striking appearance, which could possibly encourage players to purchase them. Slavic headdresses also come in many different shapes, sizes, and designs, so the possibilities are nearly infinite. [Potential reference image linked here as the forums struggled with proper formatting.]
The evil eye has seen increased prominence in recent years because of its strong connection to spirituality. Designs are limitless with the evil eye, it could be on charms, bracelets, earrings, necklaces, you name it! These would be very high sellers.

Events
A core way I believe in doing to breed community via my store is to keep things interested by regularly introducing new events to the store. Because Kokusai-Teki is intended to be a place for community to thrive, certain global holidays will be celebrated during openings, encouraging people to linger in the store after making their purchases to partake in the celebrations. The celebrations of Latin America's Carnival may be manifested through festive decorations, where live music is played. The Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival can be celebrated by encouraging people to find themselves outside of the store, watching the moon rise with their family and friends; preferably in the company of ample portions of food. In the spring, the Desi tradition of Holi is celebrated, where guests of the store will be encouraged to transform the interior of the store into a deluge of colours as they throw dry colours at one-another. Ahead of the Eurovision Song Contest, bands and solo artists throughout Karakura will be invited to perform for free for the patrons of the store, The possibilities are limitless, but share the same goal: The fostering of community through cultural exchange.

Management and Operations
Beyond the characteristics of the shop, I intend to manage the store in the most effective way possible. Obviously, I would have all employees join the shop discord server, where all correspondence will occur. Here, I will have channels for employees to give me times they are available so I am able to construct a schedule that ensures I am adequately staffed for each opening. I want to manage my shop in a way that feels organized and suits employees and customers perfectly. For the sake of easy access, any necessary information will be archived in documents, which will be placed in a Google Drive folder that is easily accessible. My goal is to be accessible and accommodating for the needs of my staff while still maintaining stable operations of the store. For the purpose of tracking finances and stock, I will create spreadsheets intended to log sales and the incoming of various items. All people involved in the operations of the store
As a means of trying a new method operating a store, coupons will occasionally be offered, perhaps through fliers, word of mouth, or on social media. These offer discounts on select items and encourage customers to come into the store, especially because stores tend not to offer coupons often, if ever.
I am primarily interested in owning a shop because of what I have learned about business operations in business classes that I have taken. I want to run, operate, and manage my store with a high degree of professionality that sets it apart from other stores. I want to run a shop that helps employees feel as though they are part of something, instead of working at a store for the sole purpose of making some extra cash on the side. My goal is to create a store that feels like a community that facilitates the creation of friendships through work. In regards to pricing, I intend on selling items that sit at a variety of price points. Some items, such as typical convenience store items, will be sold at affordable prices, with the objective of a roughly 25% profit margin. However, other items sold may sit at higher price points, especially custom items that are sold at the store. Kokusai-Teki is meant to be accessible and desirable for members of all echelons of society.

How will your shop be unique?:

The Kokusai-Teki Trading Company would be unlike other stores for two main reasons: items offered and shop culture. The items offered at the store have a different focus from other stores, where they plan on catering specifically to fulfilling needs for products not common in Japan. People want to have unique products that they can use in roleplay settings, which is a demand my shop would cater directly to. The shop would also be built in a way that sets it apart. Inside, it would appear much like a small, family owned business where the inside would seem much like someone’s home. A fireplace would be beside the wall and the establishment would not be filled with light. The goal is to present the aesthetic of a hole-in-the-wall family owned establishment. Staff would be encouraged to don their cultural apparel, as opposed to a single uniform, and provide help to guests that enter the store. Karakura hosts a very large population of residents from outside of Japan, so a store that helps encourage accurate roleplay of these many cultures would undeniably be beneficial.
In summary, the active encouragement of discovery and cultural exchange would set Kokusai-Teki apart from other stores in Karakura. The store would feel homey, and workers would be encouraged to be open to conversation.
To add to the community involvement, Kokusai-Teki would establish a presence on Onrain and any other available platforms, encouraging feedback from members of the community and to develop a closer connection between store and customer.
To further contribute to accessibility, Kokusai-Teki will consistently ensure a full list of stock is available so people know what to purchase and at what cost. The store will open at minimum, several times a week, and times of opening will be posted beforehand on the aforementioned social media. This allows players to know when there will be a shop opening, and what items they may want to purchase. The purpose of Kokusai-Teki is not to do the bare minimum, but instead increase accessibility and encourage people’s time in the store to be enjoyable, a place where they come for the items and stay for the conversations.

The shop's interior is designed so half is dedicated to the sale of merchandise, and the other half is to be used to communal, social areas. The shop is designed to feel as though it is in relatively close quarters, yet also abundant in space, to encourage people to socialize with each other, and stay in the store after they have checked out to meet friends on one of the two levels of the store. The central objective of the floor-plan of the store is to encourage people to stick around, using the store's space as a means to gather with friends and meet new people in addition to buying items. No stores hold a community-oriented structure, which is needed as people search for new places to be social.
Below I have included several references on how the store may look. I intend to take inspiration from architecture with roots in the nineteenth century to invoke an international, classic feel. The interior pictures are still very much early prototypes, and I intend to work with people holding higher levels of skills in building to help make the store look presentable and nice.

Screenshot 2022-03-03 105054.jpg

How many employees are you planning to have?:

Kokusai-Teki would operate somewhat similar to many other shops, seeking to employ residents of Karakura interested in working at the store. In addition to the individual job descriptions, all staff will be able to contribute to the store in ways never quite seen before. Staff will be encouraged to help organize events, decide new items to debut on the shelf, and make decisions typically made solely by the shopkeeper. The staff of Kokusai-Teki are intended to be a community of people who can work together and share ideas.
Shopkeeper [1]
The shopkeeper, of course, is the main owner of the store. For this store, I would be the shopkeeper and would manage all employees.
Manager [1-2]
Having one or two managers to assist with various activities in the business, especially in the management of employees, would be essentially necessary in a store. The manager helps in the management of employees, and I may also recruit them to help with stocking and other operations.
Cashier [10<]
The role of cashiers is to make exchanges at the store. I would hope to employ about ten cashiers, developing a hierarchy with a head-cashier as needed. About ten cashiers would ensure the store could be staffed at any time, and I would hope to employ cashiers of several time zones so I can open often. Obviously, if necessary, I will resize the amount of employees I have to what I should have. Cashiers are paid similarly to other stores, where they get paid a portion of their earnings.
Community/Security [5]
The role of community staff is heavily unique, and does not exist in any other stores. About five people maximum will hold this role and will be tasked with several duties, which are paid through wages, similar to how many stores may pay security or waitstaff. Community staff, during store openings, are essentially friendly security. They assume roles of security, but with an emphasis on encouraging the building of community within the store. They will often stick around to talk with customers and help ensure the communal space is used. They are essentially, the nicest security guards in all of Karakura.

Does your character have any college degrees? If so, list it:

My character would have an Associate’s degree in film acting, a Bachelor’s in Business Administration, and a Master of Business Administration and ****ytics. She would also hold a Certificate in Small Business and Entrepreneurship.

Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited:

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
REVIEWED
Thank you for taking the time to fill up this application ,but unfortunately it has been denied for the following reasons:
  • Though the shop idea seems interesting I don't think it's something we're looking for at the moment.
  • The shop build itself doesn't look all that great or attractive
  • You may re-apply in 7 days

Users who are viewing this thread