diskou
diskou
Omega
KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

TIKIBOMBOM

Previous bans:
I had been given a ban in April 2020 when I was very new to the server and unfamiliar with the rules. Following my punishment, which had been rightfully given, I have entirely familiarized myself with the SchoolRP rules and have never had a ban since, a streak I intend on keeping forever.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am nearing my second year being active on SchoolRP, my anniversary being in March. I have maintained relatively consistent activity since initially joining, the only exception being the aforementioned punishment. Since joining, I have worked to immerse myself in several various aspects of the server. Engaging in EMS for nearly five months gave me experience with the emergency faction, and I found the job incredibly rewarding. After resigning from EMS, I chose to join teaching to explore other parts of the server. Following my time in teaching, I joined the high school council, allowing me to integrate myself into student life. My most recent venture is in the reporter faction, which has recently been revamped and reworked.

Which timezone are you in?
MST (GMT-7)

Do you have Discord? If so, what is your tag
I have discord and my tag is anders!#0047.

Do you have a microphone:
Yes, I have a microphone.

List your current and past applications:

Psychiatrist Application [Accepted]
English Teacher [Accepted]
Psychiatrist (Return) [Accepted]
High School Council [Accepted]
Shopkeeper [Pending]
Police [Denied]

Reporter [Accepted]

What is your motivation for applying?:
The police department remains one of the final factions I have yet to explore. While working in EMS, I often found myself curious about how the various functions of the police department work. While I was given the opportunity to witness how the KPD interacts with hospital staff, I want to learn more about how the various functions of the KPD work alongside other people on the server. Getting to work alongside the government faction, assist EMS, introduce an element of excitement to GangRP, assist in events, and help school staff are all highly interesting features of KPD. While existing in the SchoolRP community, being able to meet new people and potentially forge new friendships is highly important to me, and I have yet to take on the opportunity of working with the members of the KPD. In short, I want to join the police department not only for the opportunity to roleplay in the position of a police officer, but to make a wider positive impact on others.

Do you understand Japanese Laws and Basic Conduct?
The laws in Japan, like most other places around the world, are rooted in morals and ethics. While Japanese laws have many parallels to the laws of other places in the world, such as the discouragement of universal deviant behaviour, such as murder and stealing, but other laws are unique to the country. In modern Japanese law, six codes outline the basic legal outline of Japanese law. The first code, based in the constitution, upholds the various daily activities outlined in the modern Japanese constitution. The civil code governs private law, especially in relation to property, family, and obligations. The civil code addresses questions of private property, the rights that exist between individuals, family law, and the law of contracts. Civil law may not necessarily be extremely relevant to the daily activities of the KPD, but issues of private property and family law may be dealt with on frequent occasions. The commercial code deals with commercial activities, specifically the manner in which businesses conduct their typical activities. The most relevant application of commercial code would be instances where the KPD has to address illegal businesses. The criminal code is especially relevant to daily police work. The criminal code specifically addresses which activities are considered crimes, and outlines the punishment related to those crimes, this is the regulatory function of criminal code. The protective function of criminal code described the outlines that protect legal interests and maintain order in daily social life. The guarantee function is highly important because it pre-defines crimes and their punishments. It asserts citizens are not punished unless they commit a crime and ensures punishments are fair and not inhumane. The code of criminal procedure explains how crimes are dealt with by the law, establishing rules of imprisonment and bails, which is incredibly important to conducting police work on the server. The final code, the code of civil procedure encompasses the way in which courts function, which is largely the jurisdiction of the government faction, but police officers are often involved in the legal process.
In criminal law, Japanese law separated crimes into three categories: crimes against the state, crimes against society, and crimes against individuals. When working in the KPD, crimes against individuals will be the most common offense dealt with, especially because crimes of assault, murder, and possession of illegal items are among the most common offenses.
In Japan, the structure of law enforcement is clearly defined. The entire police system is governed by the National Police Agency, and is then split into prefectural police departments. The Karakura Police department would fall under the latter category. The Japanese prefectural police system outlines eight ranks, which are somewhat altered on the server. Commissioners, assistant commissioners, superintendents, chief inspectors, inspectors, sergeants, senior police officers, and standard police officers are specifically outlined in Japanese law.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
Police officers are members of a police force tasked with maintaining the law, public safety, and preventing crime and civil disorder. Police officers hold the ability to conduct arrests to prevent and react to various crimes that are committed and are capable of carrying out detective work, governing the prison system, and conducting investigations. I am aware of the many strategies used in police work, utilizing radios, forms of defense, and methods of de-escalation are all highly important and relevant aspects of police work that are necessary for the duties of the police department. I mostly look forward to learning about the other parts of police work I have not yet been exposed to, being a major motivator for my application.

Why is Police important to SRP?
Police are extremely important to SchoolRP, especially because criminal-based roleplay is one of the largest groups on the server. In the context of the server’s roleplay, police are necessary to provide a level of difficulty for those who choose to engage in crime, and also serve as the promise of safety for others. Every city needs to have a police force to maintain peace and enforce laws, so police are extremely important. Police also work alongside every other faction to assist in the essential duties of a city. Around the clock, police are always going to be needed for various situations. From conflicts with gangs, to violence in schools, to the courtroom, police are an essential part of SchoolRP.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Absolutely. Especially because the KPD relies entirely on having functional, active members, it is necessary for members who fail to meet expectations to be demoted.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Absolutely. I do not plan on engaging in any conflicts of interest or using my role as a means to serve myself or my friends. The sanctity of the police officer role is put in jeopardy when members are not able to function properly.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorised to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I am willing, and excited, to attend all the training. There is absolutely no reason why I would skip trainings for other activities on the server.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to IC harassment, and you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Absolutely. Understanding the distinction between IC and OOC is immensely important in all parts of SchoolRP, and by working in various factions, especially teacher and counselor, I never take IC situations OOC. The challenge of being harassed IC is a motivator and a unique experience that I, for whatever reason, look forward to because of the special roleplay experiences that come with it.

In-Character (IC) Section

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?

Soma So is uncannily remarkable in how average he appears. He has near flawless posture, standing up straighter than a ruler, fully showcasing his unremarkable height of 5’7. He is built relatively slim, likely. . . as anyone may guess, built like the average Japanese male. However, he is relatively fit, as he has to be for his job. He would have well-maintained, clean-cut, black hair featuring occasional grey strands, a consequence of his older age. He would be a rather expressionless individual, maintaining a cold, unreadable expression most of the time. He would speak in a consistent monotonous voice, presenting himself as a rather serious individual. Of course, because of his middle-age, he does have a generous amount of wrinkles adorning his face, making his already stolid expression appear more serious and intimidating. His unique physical trait is that he is the absolute average. A true anomaly.

What they're like on and off the job?
Soma is a calm, quiet, and collected individual; the kind of man who completely has his life together. He currently lives alone and maintains a quiet, peaceful life outside of work. He is not necessarily a social individual, but can show a more lively side of himself when around the right people. He takes his job extremely seriously, it is his entire life, his reason and purpose. He is incredibly professional and efficient, and holds a special talent for conflict de-escalation specifically. His emotions never see the light of day while he is on the clock. Despite this, he is still open to occasional banter with others, given he has no other responsibilities.

Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?
Despite his quiet, stoic nature, he is still open to being social with his co-workers. He views those on the same level as himself as equals, and those above him as superiors. Soma is known for the immense respect he grants to all of his co-workers, a consequence of his traditional upbringing. His goals remain simple; to maintain his job and work hard to rise up the ranks. He has no plans for a shift in career and finds his time in the police force to be the most integral part of his character and life.

BACKSTORY
(Make sure this biography/lore has 100+ words.)
Soma So was born 12 September 1975 in Kawagoe, a town situated outside of Tokyo. Being the son of two married parents and having an older brother, his upbringing was far from unique. After his completion of secondary education, he had commenced his time in university, where he chose to study business. After a semester of studying the topic, he learned he held no passion for it, despite his parent’s wishes. While he knew his parents would oppose the switch, he did decide to switch his major to Criminology. For Soma, criminology gave him purpose and drive, encouraging him to consider pursuing a career in law enforcement. While studying Criminology, he also chose to study Public Policy, earning an associate’s degree in the subject. Following his graduation from university, he was not quite sure what to do with his degree. Perhaps his parents were right, he thought to himself as he submitted applications to various service-industry jobs. Despite holding a degree, he found himself working as a chef in a restaurant, seemingly caught in a dead-end. Soma found himself uninspired, bored, and upset with his career pathway until he was faced with the first incidence of excitement in his life. The small restaurant that he had worked at fell victim to a robbery staged by a small group of criminals. However, the Tokyo police force had arrived to the scene in due time and prevented any injuries from occurring. This had fascinated Soma, and he immediately realized the career he needed to pursue. He swiftly applied to the local police academy, and began his training two months later. Following his training, he immediately entered the Tokyo police force, maintaining his position for nearly thirty-years before he finally realized he needed a change. He was getting restless and bored in his current situation, so, in a rare act of risk, he had set his sights toward Karakura.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Characters Full Name:

Soma So
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr.
Given Name(s):
Soma
Preferred Name:
Soma
IC Phone number:
030-271-7702
Religious Denomination:
Shinto
Marital Status:
Single
Nationality:
Japanese
Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of training:
Six years of training in addition to four years of traditional tertiary schooling.
Working Experience:
Nineteen total years of working experience.
Academic Degree:
Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology
Associate’s Degree in Public Policy
Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
Criminology
Public Policy
Minor(s):
Sociology
Ethics
Native Languages:
Japanese