1692331687750.png
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):

pvchiekisq

What is your discord username?
hisbiych

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity on the server depends heavily on events going on in my life, as school has just started for me, I am on less but will be on after 4PM EST as long as I don’t have other plans. On days that I am off of school and work, I am mostly on given that I have a reason to be; my friends, roleplay situations, in this case, EMS events, and so on. I also work part-time one day a week, either on saturday or sunday, if need be, I can inform someone of higher power of my schedule! Although my life seems busy, I still have plenty of time each time to get on and roleplay.

What is your timezone?:
EST.

List your current and past applications:

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
I've been roleplay on schoolrp since about 2016 or 2017, this means I have been roleplaying for 6 years! As well as on the side, I often play DND with my parents and their friends; playing DND is a lot of fun and I enjoy roleplaying there as well. Upon being in a couple factions: school faction as a tutor and shrine faction as a priest. With these under my belt, though not a lot, I have come into contact with many roleplay situations including multiple romance roleplay and different people that has broadened my roleplay experience. Being in each faction has taught me many different things, making me grow into the person I am in roleplay today, which is a lot better than how I was back then, and even out of faction as an adult and grade-12, having a wide variety of encounters. Having this growth only means that I am better now, although my word bank isn’t the greatest, I am still able to provide a comfortable detailed roleplay for anyone.

What is your motivation for applying?
My motivation branches off, having many different reasons for me applying:
One of my main motivations were my friends, I have heard many things about the EMS faction, and it has truly piqued my interest, their words and involvement in the faction has made me want to work with the faction. Truthfully, I have always been worried and scared of applying for EMS, simply convincing myself that I wouldn’t be good enough for this position but alas, I have gotten over that feeling, now I feel like I am now ready to take on the responsibility of working in EMS.
Being in the faction is something I have tried before but some situations came up during the time, making my application get the mark it did, so now it's time to do better. I know that being in a faction will help open up my roleplaying experience like a resume, having the experience under my belt is always an honor and gives me the perfect opportunity to express myself for being in EMS, joining the fun. Being in the faction is a highly sought out position for many reasons, the pay, the love for medical roleplay, and so much more!
My interest always lie in a new environment, having a curious mind for how things work, how they function in the Karakura society icly and oocly. I have always enjoyed the idea of being in a faction though finding one I think I'd enjoy is rather hard, EMS being one of the factions I know I would enjoy being in.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):

I will be applying for the psychiatrist role and plan on staying one, I believe this position is best suited for me.

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
I know a little due to friends and also basic knowledge;

Upon getting accepted and hired, the character is to go into training for about a month or even more, going into classes for their role led by higher position staff. During this time, trainees are not allowed to go off duty, only earning this privilege if they are officially given the title of their given role, doctor or psychiatrist.

Once they are done with training, they are allowed to go off duty a certain number of times, it is recommended you don’t go off duty so often as it can look bad on yourself! Working staff must get at least 20 quotas to get their paycheck of 200,000 yen; those going beyond that and get 40 quotas can get 400,000 yen.

Doctor:
Doctors are now a merged section of the faction, consisting of doctors, nurses, and surgeons.
Doctor;
Doctors undergo in basic recovery needs, covering cuts, stitching small wounds, dealing with the smaller wounds that patients may have. They can also prescribe needed medicines and prescriptions to the patient for their given cause; the patients will get the prescribed medicine at Happy Pills in the hospital lobby.
Nurses;
Nurses deal with simple cuts and small wounds as well as help the surgeon in difficult surgeries that may take a while, needing extra hands. They can be used to promote health and prevent diseases and illnesses.
Surgeons;
Surgeons take care of heavier wounds, broken bones, large, deep cuts, fractures, and so on. Surgeons can work on surgical removable diseases like a cancer and can work on certain physical deformities. Being the person with the most knowledge or at least the most knowledge that they can use hands on. Surgeons can also issue prosthetics, prosthetics being about 75k ICly.

Psychiatrist;
Psychiatrists are usually used as the******, they are there to help those who need talking to, a helping hand for those who think they need it mentally either it be with emotions or a mental disorder, they are there for a calm approach.

Paramedics:
Paramedics are a new section of the faction, being the ones in the front lines when big events happen where a lot of people are injured or if someone needs to be picked up as they're unable to get to the hospital themselves, they will drive the ambulance to the patient and bring them back. This section was added to make it so doctors, nurses, and/or surgeons don't have to leave the building during times of need as well to add a tinge of realistic means.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
I do acknowledge this and will make sure this will not happen.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
I do acknowledge this, I will make sure to give all my time and focus on EMS, stopping whatever I’m doing, if stoppable, to work on EMS, giving it all the focus.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
I do acknowledge this and will try my best to go to every training.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
I do acknowledge this and will not let any personal feelings be brought into roleplay for any reason, leaving things professional.

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS
Character’s Full Name:

Atlus Vassou

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Male (He/Him)

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):
High school degree.
Bachelor's degree in business and psychiatry.

Character’s Nationality:
Greek

Character’s Marital Status:
Single

Character’s Religious Denomination:
He does not have a religion.

Character’s Spoken Languages:
French
Chinese
Greek
Japanese

Backstory (100+ Words)
Atlus Vassou, born and raised within Athens, Greece alongside his two siblings; his older brother, Aidoneus Vassou and his younger brother, growing up under a rich household with his father owning a company of his own. As a middle child, he was often forgotten and overshadowed by his other two siblings, having little to no achievement that can shine brighter than his siblings. He often had the motivation to strive to be better and grab the attention of his neglectful and extremely authoritarive father. Although, it wasn't quite enough - often being brushed off aside and labeled as 'that kid'. Growing up without the the parental love of his father and the maternal love of his mother resulting in his rather unpredictable outrage and emotional outbursts that are often stemmed from his insecurities without the inability to proper control himself - however, as the years go by he had practiced regulating his emotions to a tolerable and safer degree, decreasing the severity of his raging fit, but this does not mean he doesn't get outbursts - he is still hot-tempered, and struggle to keep himself stable in some situations especially without the presence of his brother by his side, being unpredictable - like the raging tides and the calm seas. Throughout his years, Atlus never really gotten the proper parent he required as a child but his brother was someone he can often find himself relying on, but despite so their relationship is neutral, tolerable at least and Atlus never finds himself admitting to it, but he had always found a deep admiration and respect for his older brother, Aidoneus.

During his education, just like his other siblings, Atlus was immediately thrown into the life of business, with his father planning mostly of what they'll be regarding their future jobs. Not having the choice to choose his own path, Atlus's life felt rather forced - and this commonly occurs throughout his entire childhood, never having the option to choose what he wishes and had always go through the options he was given, with everything handed to him, Atlust struggled to choose his own path, although as soon as he heard his older brother pursuing another degree in Psychology, he decided to go through the same double bachelor program and take it alongside his business course. It was a rather an irrational decision to spite and rebel against his father, but as soon as he delve deeper into the subject he found mutual interests. Finding it to be intriguing to learn more about the mental state of a human, although unlike his brother he doesn't have the same empathy for other people. However, he still pursued a job as a psychiatrist either way, for reasons that he quite enjoyed psychology and psychiatry as a subject. And a deliberate excuse to escape his business life from America - where he was previously assigned to take on the regional part of his father's business.

As years go by, he did develop a level of empathy towards his patients but mostly out of pity. He enjoyed his job very much so that he dedicates his time to it, and was rather relieved he dropped the business life that was designated to him through forceful decision. Afterwards, he found himself in the same position as his brother, heading to Japan to continue his work - finding himself to unconsciously follow his brother's foot

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Atlus has a specialty in mental disorders under psychiatry. Having been through an emotional rollercoaster through his entire life, he has come in touch with many different immense emotions and still occasionally does, having emotional outbursts. Having the teachings and the real-life experience helps him understand others' emotions well, understanding that he is able to help someone with mental disorders, it brings him a hint of joy.
He chose this because of that reason, having his own personal understanding of the struggles of different mental illnesses and the overall enjoying the subject of study. He wants to help those who don't understand their own emotions and brain patterns as well as just be there if someone needs a simple talk.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Psychology.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Through our college he has worked hands-on in his subject of study, working for the doctors on college campus. He gave free therapy sessions to students who needed it, finding it more comfortable with another student to talk to rather than an adult. His overall goal is to make sure his patients are comfortable with him and will soon learn to trust Atlus as trust is key in these jobs.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
Atlus has gained a bachelor's degree in business; finance and accounting.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Atluas Vassou of Greek descent, the man presented himself in regal manner paired with his nonchalant and apathetic demeanor, he stood at a tall height of 6'2" with the physical prowess of a competitive athlete, having a robust frame, defined muscles lined his skin. Voice lingers with a subtle vexation carried through his insightful tongue. An aroma resembling that of salted candles. His features were strong much like his physical physique, standing strong and lean, the soft edges of his body were firm. His wavy, shoulder length blonde hair was neatly tucked away in a small ponytail on the back of his head, each strand fit perfectly around his pointed face, bringing out the contour of his strong facial features.

1692418868640.png
How does your character act on and off duty?
On duty;
Atlus is very professional during his time on duty, working with caution yet an elegance that he naturally carries, having his emotions locked away, not easily revealing his weaknesses to those around him; an exception are patients. He maintains a respectable distance between his co-workers he isn't close to as he finds that unless he finds a need to talk to them, he won't go beyond simple gestures out of respect because of the fact that Atlus is bad at expressing himself in certain ways. He can usually be seen speaking with his elder brother or patients, seeming far more comfortable with people he already knows... On the contrary, although his demeanor may read that he isn't approachable, he won't stop or try to run from any conversation other staff may want to approach, enjoying an occasional conversation.

Off duty;
Atlus is far more relaxed off duty, letting himself out of the shackles he holds his emotions in, letting himself be easily swayed by actions, especially with his brother. Though he still keeps his elegance and professionalism, those factors will never leave him. When off duty, he is far more expressive like two totally different people, finding it easier to come out of his shell when not in a professional setting like work. Atlus can often be found by the beach, that being his favorite place. He loves the ocean, finding emotional peace listening to the waves.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Atlus prefers to work alone but it also depends on the person he is to work with, he is far more comfortable with people who speak less but doesn't seem to mind those who do, his job is to listen after all. His is overall a neutral character, not having many opinions about those, if he does, it is usually kept to himself as he wishes to keep his relationships with other staff as good as possible.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Atlus's plans are to stay in Karakura with his brother, having enough of the business life. He has found himself far more happy working in the hospital, finding that the benefits he gets from the job are far more beneficial than working in business. He wants to make his living at the hospital doing something he enjoys, and that would be talking to people about their mind and feelings.

Out of work, he wants to find a family; a partner of his own, a rather romantic man he is! He wants a family through adoption or surrogation; Atlus absolutely adores babies even if he doesn't express it.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
Atlus is often seen on his own in an often-misleading manner as his neutral expression is often one of unamusement, though in truth, Atlus has a hard expressing himself through the act of conversation, finding it easier to use physical actions. While working, Atlus is often focused on his patients, remaining professional and on point, making sure the work gets done in a precise manner; Atlus is a perfectionist, liking that work gets done correctly for himself and others. Atlus will often correct those who he finds is doing something wrong if anything at all, perhaps out of rudeness, perhaps out of kindness so others may seem him as a snob or perhaps a little stuck up and that information isn't all that wrong. He finds that sometimes being rude is the only way to get through to people. Through his quietness, he is observing those with caution and precision, his brief glances aren't just glances, he is judging the character of others, trying to read their expressions and what they may be thinking.

Atlus can be seen as wise, he is disciplined and extremely patient even if he does have his emotional tantrums. He is understanding and honest, sometimes in a harsh manner but perhaps that's for the best. The intense observation of others plays into his deep drive for wisdom, as much information that he has, he uses this change to soak in his new surroundings to get as much information as possible, preferring to occasionally think before he acts upon his words. He also uses this observation to take time to think about himself, on how different he is from other people because of his mental stability and how weak it is compared to other people. With this wisdom he seeks comes with the great challenges of change. Atlus knows humans cannot change that easily but he himself is in the process of changing, accepting new ways even if they aren't as successful for him, he wishes to be better in certain occasions.

Note: if accepted, I will be buying the omega upgrade to be able to put this third character, Atlus Vassou, on this account on a different profile.

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted!

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 4lx. - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread