diskou
Omega
OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your in-game-name (IGN)?:
JEZINKY

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
I do have Discord and a microphone. My username is anders!#0047

List your timezone and country:
I currently reside in the United States and live under the jurisdiction of MST (GMT-7)

Describe your activity:
Since initially joining in March of 2020, I have maintained generally consistently high activity. At the present moment, I am online on a daily basis for several hours at a time. While from April 2020 to September 2020 my activity was relatively sparse, I fully rejoined in October of the same year and have maintained high activity since. I found myself working in the EMS faction of the server for several months, initially from December 2020 to May 2021, then again from August 2021 to October 2021. Starting in June 2021 I became a teacher, which was a position I continued to hold until October of the same year. I now currently work as a high school councillor, which is a position I gained in October. I always keep myself heavily involved in SchoolRP across all of my accounts, and now that school is easing for me for the foreseeable future, my activity will increase more.

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
In April of 2020, when I was still very new to the server, I had been given a thirty day ban. I was completely unfamiliar with the rules and fully deserved the punishment I had been given. I have since reviewed the rules and have received no subsequent punishments, a streak I intend on maintaining going forward.

Link any major applications (e.g Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
Psychiatrist Application [
Accepted]

English Teacher [Accepted]
Psychiatrist (Return) [Accepted]
High School Council [Accepted]
Shopkeeper [Pending]
Police [Denied]

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
I have always found my strong suit in writing, specifically with argument essays and, of course, journalistic reports. As the members of the first few waves of journalists have left, the amount of articles being released has, understandably, decreased. In addition, one of my personal favourite parts about reading all the previous news articles was seeing different people’s writing styles come out in what they had produced. My gears were turning and I decided I wanted to contribute a new style of article writing to the entourage. Seeing as it appears the news team is expanding, there is going to be a new need for new types of content to be created, and I would be honoured to help be part of that new wave.

Do you have any past experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
Writing is, without a doubt, one of my strongest abilities. I find great pleasure in writing, whether I may be writing about a book, creating an articulate argument, or writing about a recent event, I find myself enjoying the amount of time I spend writing. For work in the journalistic realm, I have assisted in my school’s newspaper since I was in middle school, I am now in my sixth year of student journalism. I find writing as an art form that always leaves extra room for improvement and growth, and I treat it as such. I enjoy putting myself in many different situations that challenge the way in which I am comfortable in, writing-wise, so I can learn how to change my writing style to be stronger.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Absolutely, all of the rules are laid out and available, and are already things that I actively practice. First, not having any prejudiced views is highly important for the credibility of the press. If a news source, which is trusted by the public, published articles that signal a clear bias against groups of people, it demolishes the credibility of that news outlet. The second rule, which is essentially against bringing OOC into IC, is a rule I am very familiar with, and one I never break in my day-to-day life. The third rule, which is about ensuring people’s characters act their age, is absolutely not a problem for me. I have a lot of experience roleplaying as older characters, seeing as my main account has been 49 for a full year at this point. I know how to accurately roleplay as an adult while still giving the character a unique personality. The fourth rule, which tackles the question of GangRP comes easy to me because I do not participate in any form of criminalRP and have not in over a year. And of course, the final rule states reporters must remain active, which will not be a problem for me.

Why should we accept you over others?:
Aside from the experience I had discussed earlier, I have robust plans for how I can contribute to the reporter faction. While current events and other stories are well covered through the current reporters, one key aspect of journalism is missing in Karakura, tabloid-like gossip pieces. While I would absolutely report on anything I need to, including current events, I have found I hold the unique, generally useless talent of reporting on gossip in a professional, informational, and entertaining fashion. Karakura is a city of drama, drama that could easily be made into journalistic pieces marketed to the broader public. I have ambitious, loud, big plans for how I can put my voice in journalistic pieces and make everything I write entertaining and interesting to read through. Seeing as Karakura only has one official news source, the content being reported on should be varied and unique. I believe I would be able to contribute to the already existing duties of the news faction, but also would like to write about other facets of daily life in Karakura. Newspapers contain local news, editorials (opinion pieces), comic strips, horoscopes, weather, advice columns, and pop culture news. While many of these parts of newspapers have been touched on in the past, I want to think outside the box, and write about parts of newspapers that have not yet been fleshed out in the Karakura news cycle.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
Yes, absolutely. I have ample time available to be able to find and write stories for the reporter job. As school gets easier for me in the coming months, my activity will only increase, meaning I will very likely be able to go above the quota instead of just meeting it.

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
Reporters serve as a central means of mass-communication in Karakura. Since nearly all residents of the city have access to the reports released by the city, it is the greatest way of spreading messages and information around the thousands of residents who claim Karakura to be their home. While many people may make the common mistake of assuming reporters in Karakura are solely tasked with reporting on current events, reporting consists of a multitude of various topics to be covered. Articles can be written about current events, gossip, opinions, politics, weather, sports, and anything else under the sun. While I can gather stories on my own, the phone numbers of journalists are also posted in front of the news station, where citizens can call journalists with ideas and information for stories. I plan to interact directly with citizens of Karakura to get the best, most updated information on all of my stories.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:
Mami Mio

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g Ms, Mr)
Miss

Current Age (25+):

Past job/work experience:
Runway Model 1989-1999
Pop Singer 1999-2008
Unemployed (Retired) 2008-2017
Writer/Journalist for an online publication 2017-2021

Degree/qualifications:
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
Specialization in public relations journalism
(both degrees earned in 2016)

Nationality and born location:
Japanese citizen, born in Tokyo

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
I am an eccentric, big personality. A bundle of talent, a jack of all trades, you could say. I know how to get the goss, and get to the bottom of it, fast. As a retired public figure, I know how to conduct myself in public and how to report on others the way I have been reported on in the past. An experienced female with drive and a passion for the inconsequential, but necessary aspects of daily life: gossip, astrology, and giving advice.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
As an individual who has had plenty of experience in the public eye and the subject of countless tabloids, I want to be on the other end of the report. I believe it is about time I start using my experience as a means to report on the latest gossip and news throughout Karakura as someone who has spent decades in the public eye. What are the rich and powerful of Karakura up to? What are the ‘popular’ kids of the local schools doing to maintain power? N-Blade? What even is that? All of these questions and more and topics I plan on tackling through my journalistic work. The citizens of Karakura want easy to follow, vapid drama, gossip, and commentary, which is something I am more than qualified to report on. Additionally, Karakura News certainly lacks an important staple of newspapers, the advice column. As a person with decades of experience (and two marriages) I am more than qualified to give advice to the people who find themselves in uncertain situations. An advice column would certainly increase reader retention and interaction, an important aspect of a newspaper.
While I do find myself best skilled in both of the aforementioned topics, I am more than capable of going outside of my traditional realm. Surpassing the prior boundaries of the personal specialties, I am more than excited to report on local news, weather, write stories about parts of the city, and other, unrelated topics. Before all else, I am a personality, an individual capable of reporting on anything that comes my way in an engaging, yet informational, manner.

What are your expectations for the job?:
For myself, I am expected to complete well worded, full stories in reasonable amounts of time. A story gets old and stale after a very short amount of time, so it is necessary for reporters to actively focus on reporting on the hottest stories as they happen. My expectations from my job are that I am able to produce many articles, and that my production of articles is not stifled by issues that can not be resolved. Long story short, I want to be able to write, write, and write some more.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
I have absolutely no criminal record whatsoever.

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Japanese

Last edited:

toranekos

Level 79
vbztr
vbztr
Rich+
ACCEPTED
> Upon reviewing your application, you have been deemed fit for the reporter role!
Please DM mimbs#3801 if you have any queries about the application

Your role will be set up in the discord and I'll shoot you a DM regarding the position soon!

Users who are viewing this thread