SunflowerRp

Previous bans (include appeal links):
2 Bans, appeals listed below.
Ban 1 - June 23rd, 2022
Ban 2 - September 13th, 2022

Discord Tag:
❀ Lotus ❀#5332

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes, I do have a working microphone and I am comfortable talking in vcs.

Timezone & Country:
Eastern Standard Timezone (EST)
United States of America (USA)

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity on the server ranges from an 8-10 depending on oocly factors. I am a part of online college courses, only two classes. I need to spend around 3-6 hours per oocly week on each class, which means my activity will lean towards an 8. On days I am not participating in my online college courses, my activity increases to the 9-10 range. Even if I’m not physically at my PC, my phone’s discord is always on. Another thing that factors into my activity will be my one week break that I take once a month. Every month, depending on ic and ooc factors, I take one week off the internet as a mental health detox. Though, I will still always have my phone on me in case I am needed. In terms of SRP, I currently have three active accounts out of five. My accounts are listed as such:
LotusRp – College B, 20
BlossomRp – Nurse, 25
FlowerRp – Grade 8, 14
SunflowerRp – Adult, 38
RoseRp – Grade 12, 18 (Inactive)
I have been playing SRP for a year now, starting in January of 2021. I have really enjoyed this server since I started, meeting people who I now call my second family.

APPLICATION INFORMATION

What position are you applying for?:

I am applying for the Judge position!

What is your motivation for applying?:
I have been a part of SRP for a year now, mostly being a part of gangrp and the school faculty. Over the last 6 months, it has become repetitive, and I’ve grown to want a different form of roleplay. I am looking towards the Town Hall faction for three main reasons. The first reason is my experience within the faction itself. A little while back I had my first case, and it became a very influential experience for me. I was on my professor character, Gael O’Leary. He and his close friend at the time, Amari, who was a current nurse, decided to sue a man by the name of Lenard Hanazono. The situation was pretty horrid, Lenard as a professor was abusing Gael and threatening Amari with weapons. The case ended in a win, Lenard going to prison for life with no chance of bail. The entire experience showed me to faction and how each role played a part in just one trial. I grew excited for it. I wanted to be a part of this experience in more ways than one, for ooc and ic. The people and characters that carry these roles hold a responsibility for the city of Karakura. The decisions they make need to remain unbiased, they need to keep an open mind for each case they are given. I believe my character can provide these characteristics. The other reason for wishing to be a part of the Town Faction is due to the friendships I’ve made with individuals who have this role and being able to interact with them both oocly and icly. These people have shown me the different scenarios that each role participates in and how each character can handle them to influence Karakura. I have seen governors’ speeches, lawyers’ meetings and judges signing off on warrants. All of these are unique experiences I have grown to love being a part of. The last reason is simple. Both my grandfather and my brother are police officers in real life. I have experienced many legal situations and have grown an oocly love for criminal justice. I have watched several criminal and law documentaries within my life, even seeing some in real life. I was very interested in the case of Johnny Depp and Amber Herd, researching it further than just watching the trial itself. If I didn’t have a deep love for animals and wished to work with them in Conservation, I would be studying criminal justice.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
Yes, I do understand Karakura’s laws and Constitutional Rights. I have been to just about every public trial given in Karakura and even oocly watched the non-public ones. I have attended the criminal justice classes held in both the college and high school classes and finally, I have asked lots of questions due to my own cases to people who currently have the roles.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
Yes, I do have goals both for me oocly as well as for my character icly. The character I am applying with is Gael himself. While he was only a poetry professor, Gael has a strong sense of morals and a warm heart. He can remain unbiased but give room for mercy when it is granted. Gael has seen and personally experienced the corruption within Karakura, first with his case against Lenard and then seeing his own children be arrested. Gael wants to bring a sense of justice to Karakura but not in the sense other judges may want. Seeing his own children commit crimes and be arrested, feeling the pain other parents have felt, Gael views defendants as people who are lost in their lives and need some rehabilitation. Another goal that Gael holds is furthering his leadership and confidence. While he was a professor at Karakura Schools, he was very quiet and more on the reserved side. Gael often got pushed aside or had people speak for him. Gael wants to grow confidence in himself alongside helping Karakura better itself. Gael has earned a handful of his confidence through his experiences and some leadership when he went back to college to study law, though he is wishing for some real-world experiences.
My goals oocly are to develop a further understanding of criminal justice through different scenarios given to me to solve. Since I am not studying criminal justice in real life, I will strive to fulfill my ich for this topic through SRP! I know criminal justice within a video game isn’t the same as in real life, but it is a unique experience that I am excited to be given a chance to be a part of. I have some experience in the position of a judge due to my personal research in the topic of criminal justice in real life. I took a handful of criminal justice classes in high school, and we would be given different cases to research and give our opinions on. I believe I can be an influential part of this faction due to my knowledge and love for criminal justice. I also hold the ability to remain open-minded with not only my character but other’s characters.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
A judge has a versatile of roles they bring to the table. The first and most popular view of judges is their role in overseeing cases and their trials. They are the one sitting at the elevated bench with their gavel watching over the testimonies and deciding if they will override or allow an objection such as:
Hearsay – A person can only testify to what they know to be true, not what they heard from someone else. For example: “I was told by my mother the other day that she did indeed curse out the defendant.”
Leading Question – Posing a question that would direct the witness to a certain answer. For example: “The shirt the criminal was wearing was red, correct?” Instead of, “What color shirt was the criminal wearing?”
Compound Question – Asking two or more questions in one combined statement. For example: “Why did you run away from the police? What made you think it was a good idea to then ditch your weapon?”
Relevance – Objecting the relevance of evidence or a question that has nothing to do with the current case or is not important. For example: Asking a witness what they ate for breakfast in a criminal case.
Speculation – Can be used in two separate situations. First, a witness cannot testify to something they do not know if it is a fact to be true or not. For example: “I think they left the party around 5pm.” The other reason is the answer to the question asked is answered by using speculation. For example: “What time do you think she left the party?”
Argumentative – When the person cross-examination begins to argue or badger the witness. For example: “Are you afraid of the client?” “How can you be afraid of a 110lb woman when you yourself are almost 300lbs?” “You didn’t look very afraid when you walked into court today.”
(And more)
The next job that a judge does is organizing and assigning who plays what role in each case. The judge is responsible for assigning a prosecutor and a defender as well as what governor will be documenting, and which will be announcing.
Another job judges complete is signing off on warrant for KPD to find, arrest and search the housing of a wanted person(s). A KPD officer will provide the judge with their statement and evidence towards why the warrant is needed and the judge will use their judgement to sign off or not.
The last, and most important job a judge provides in Karakura is the job of a jury. Two or more judges will attend the trial and at the end, decide the fate of the defendant. Their job is to use their unbiased, open-minded, and further knowledge minds from the only what was given to them in that specific trial to charge the defendant as guilty or not guilty and provide a sentence along with a bail (if there is to be one).

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
Yes, I do understand and acknowledge I can be removed at any time.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
Yes, I understand. I will be very dedicated to this position due to my love for this topic oocly.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
Yes, I understand and promise to remain unbiased towards everyone on and off the job.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
Yes, I have read, and I agree with the rules of the Government Faction.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
Yes, I can attend weekly meetings and events. I have a very flexible schedule.

IN CHARACTER SECTION

Full name:

“My full name is Gael Aiden O’Leary.”

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
“My preferable title would be Mr. O’Leary.”

Current age:
“I am currently 38 years of age.”

Date of birth:
“I was born in the Scottish Highlands of Ireland on April 26th, 1985.”

‘I identify as a cisgender male and use He/Him pronouns.”

Academic Degree:
“My past degree in 2007 was a master’s in Fine Arts Creative Writing with a minor in Education. I then went on to get my PhD in 2011 for English Literature. After I taught at Karakura Schools for 2 years, I left back to the Scottish Highlands. I earned my bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice in 2017 with a minor in Law and History. I then went and finished Law School in 2020, earning my Juris Doctor Degree. Finally, after practicing as a lawyer for three years, I decided to come back to Karakura with my recommendation to become a judge.”

Major(s):
Fine Arts, Creative Writing
Criminal Justice

Minor(s):
Education
Law and History

Work experience:
“My work experience is quite simple. I began my life working towards my first career as a professor, teaching creative writing in the form of poetry to bright young students. I did this for only two years until I started to grow weary of teaching. I decided to switch things up after an experience I had within the legal side of Karakura. I found my true calling which was working within the law. After years of hard work in my studies, I worked as a lawyer in Ireland for three years before I was put up for recommendation to become a judge. I would say my most important job that would top both is these, is being a parent. The fulltime job I had to attend every day but had an unending love for.”

Political background:
“I have an extensive political background, starting first in college. I studied for my bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice for 4 years along with my minor in Law and History. Both were very interesting classes with intelligent students alongside me. For my criminal justice degree, I focused on the study path of criminal investigation and dabbled a little in juvenile delinquency. I began to develop an understanding of crime, criminal behavior and of course, the justice system. For my minor in Law and History, I gained a solid introduction to historical study related to law and legal history. I was provided with valuable skills that were developed from my history courses that focused on the history and evolution of law. From there, I proceeded to Law School. The first year was extremely difficult, most of the professors’ expectations being above average. I followed a course of study with the following subjects: Civil Procedure, Constitutional Law, Contracts, Criminal law and criminal procedure, legal method, legal writing, property law and torts. I also participated in moot court exercises, arguing hypothetical court cases. Past my first year, I started to focus more on my foundation courses. After I graduated from Law School with my Juris Doctor degree, I became a lawyer. I took on many criminal cases for the next three years until now.”

Nationality & born location:
“I am of the Irish nationality, being born in the Scottish Highlands of Ireland.”

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
“My fluent languages are listed below.”
Gaelic
Japanese
Mandarin
English

Criminal record:
“I have no criminal record in my 38 years of life.”

What makes you a good candidate for this job?
“I believe I would be an incredible candidate for the job as a judge in Karakura. I have extensive levels of education and experience in law and criminal justice, being one of the most knowledgeable in my class. I have both personal, educative, and real-life experience on top of my intelligence. I believe I could not only be an intellectual candidate but also a sociable and kind-hearted one. I have confidence in myself, and love for my family and town. I wish for growth, rehabilitation, and justice. I promise to bring nothing but time and dedication towards this role. I will be hardworking, self-motivated, communicative, unbiased, and moral with my all the decisions I may bring.”

Signed –
Gael O’Leary

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread