Accepted Ash | Culinary Teacher Application

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: _A3he

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your Discord username?): verified_idiot.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes! I do. From time to time, it does cut out.. But for the majority; my microphone works!

What is your time zone?: CST [GMT+6]

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes! I acknowledge and fully agree to this term.

Do you have any previous bans?: Yes, I have one. I just got unbanned. I was banned for staff disrespect and failure/encouraging rule-breaking. I have since apologized to the respective parties I had harmed and made it up on the server. I hope that this will not lower my chances of being accepted, which it probably will, but I hope you can see through this ban and look toward my application.

Describe your activity on the server: Before I had been banned, I was on the server every day for multiple hours at the time due to being on the event team and the fact summer had just begun! Now I am trying to catch back up to my prior activity. Clearly, because of my ban, I was not as active as I used to be but I would say that I am still a fairly active person. I’ve got three accounts and have managed to effectively switch between them within the time that I’ve been unbanned, so I call that an accomplishment! Anyways; if you had to scale my activity from one to ten, I would call it a solid 7-8.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Accepted
Event Team [1+ year]
Professor
Club-Leader
Caretaker
Lightning Electronics [Manager]
Yeobo
Kufuku Maid Cafe [S.E]
Harecuts

Appeal

Denied
Librarian [Accepted than denied; shared account]
Surgeon Application [Capacity]
Lawyer Application ×2 [Capacity]

Staff Application [Unspecified]
Appeal ×2

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):
[Main Account] _A3he - Primary; (what I’m usin), Alternative; Adult
[Alt] TheBestLoboBobby - Primary; College B
[Alt] YourM0ther_ - Primary; Adult, Alternative; Rabbit

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?: Culinary, Design Technology

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: Since I was banned, I kind of fell out of touch with the server (and for clear reasons). Though, since being welcomed back; I am attempting to redeem myself and find my place back onto the server, in something I know I can do. Before I was banned, I had played as a law professor for quite a long time! And I know, I know they aren't exactly similar but at the same time, they are. I had a strong passion for the professor role and am so glad I tried it out, and I would have applied for that again, but my motivation with that aspect has kind of run dry due to my lack of time. I would practically be starting again! So, why not just actually start again? I wanted to try something I was mostly familiar with but in a new way to view the server from a new perspective, and here I am! Aside from this, there are a few cool other people applying alongside me so that's neat.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?: Yes, I do understand and agree to this!

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: Class logs, while extremely annoying, are very helpful! (And I'll stand by this any day)! From my experience as a professor, we used the class logs to log, well, when we were going to host a class! We did this a bit before the class started and clarified each period we were going to be hosting, and oh boy could there be a lot of logs on one day! So, what's the point of these logs? Multiple things. For starters, via logging when you were going to be doing classes; you told your peers when you were hosting as well, and this helps with not only simply knowing but also engagement. As a professor, you had to fight to have students attend your class! Along with this, you don't want to overwhelm the students via hosting all at once (ex. 5+ people) because that would be pure, utter, chaos!! Carrying on. Class logs help the faction lead catch when you are planning on hosting, this is very helpful for things like events or when a log gets messed up when using the class command (ex. You crashed, oh no! Restart the class!) but you don't want it to count as a double-class!

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Rules - For the teacher
  1. Remember that they are just kids!
  • While yes it is very easy to get frustrated at kids, especially if they are goofing around; It’s best to remember that they don’t know much better and are just high schoolers in a class! Yes, it is still important to discipline them and put them in their place, but try to do it in a kind way that comes from the heart. They will listen and respect you better if you have some sense of sincerity. If they don’t, then it’s up to the SLT to deal with their behavior respectfully (but this should be a last resort)! It might get tiring over time, but it’s best to keep your head up and have fun teachin'.
  1. If someone is struggling; help them out
  • There are some students who might need help from time to time, maybe they learn at a slower pace or just need an extra hand! These students shouldn’t be shamed or punished for their actions, moreso supported and lifted up instead. We should take account of these students and do our bests to help them where we can as it’s kind of in the job to do so. Along with this, it’s up to the Teacher to ensure other students aren’t putting this student down as well.
  1. Remain professional in your working environment
  • This ties in nicely with the other two rules above. While it can be hard at times to remember this is your workplace, you should still try. Whether it be that you see your kid in class or that one delinquent is really setting you off; you should treat them with the same behaviour and respect them equally. While yes you might treat the delinquent slightly differently by telling them off, you should attempt to keep the same sense of treatment with all of the kids for equality. Along with this, you can have fun and joke around with your students from time to time, you shouldn’t be goofing off 24/7. You need to create a slight barrier between both yourself and your students so that you can keep that professionality of a classroom in place.

Rules - For the student

1. Be respectful to your teacher, and fellow students
  • Having respect should be some sort of common sense, but sometimes people just need a little reminder! Having respect towards your teacher and your peers should be your number #1 priority in the classroom, as this is how you establish a stable relationship with each other and learn how to utilize teamwork. Sometimes, yes you can get frustrated and want to take it out on others; but you should try to hold it back and refrain from doing anything major, and well, stupid. While some might just respect solely their teacher, it’s also important to pay attention to and respect your classmates.
  1. Wait for instructions
  • While it can be fun to just jump into things, you should try to wait and practice self-control! Since it is going to be a culinary class, it is going to be harder to be patient and not go around touching supplies and jumping into actions, SO! Self-control is one of the biggest factors in the classroom and I deem it to be my 2nd most strict rule-following closely behind respect. If you aren’t able to wait patiently for instructions, how are you going to go about actually cooking something!? I want this to be a fun class but it has to be established.
  1. If someone says to stop; stop
  • This rule applies to multiple things. If someone says to stop, don’t think that they are joking. There are certain boundaries that must be upheld, whether personal or professional. If someone says stop, listen to them. But, what does this rule actually mean? Let’s say you are in the middle of cooking and doing whatnot, when the teacher yells “TIME” it means it’s time to stop, put your utensils away, and wrap it up. While yes if you are almost done you can finish, but if you keep going past the time the teacher will find this rather disrespectful and might disallow you from continuing next time or even attending. What about student-wise? If someone asks if they can help and you don’t allow them to, they might just get the teacher and you don’t want that.

Rules - Mutual

1. Listen and hear each other out
  • This is somewhat of an overview to tie everything together, but this is one of the prioritizing rules. Both sides, teacher and student, should be willing and ready to hear each other out if something happened. If there was a misunderstanding and everything was instantly taken out of proportion, things could go downhill fast and get very out of hand. If it’s a personal issue, while it shouldn’t happen in school, the other party should hear each other out! The best route is to be as civil as possible so everyone can move on and keep working in a professional environment.
  1. You aren’t at home
  • Going along with the themes of professionalism and keeping personal and work lives different; you are not at home. What does this mean? If you have a personal relationship, you shouldn’t treat each other as you would at home. When in the classroom, let’s say your mother is teaching, well she is your teacher in that moment; not your parental figure, and vice versa. While yes it is good to try and be a parental figure or help out, favoritism or disrespect is not and should not be allowed as it brings a sense of superiority against the other students! Which, would be rather unfair (for clear reasons). So try to separate personal from professional, even if it can be hard.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: This is a very.. long list, so I will try to narrow it down into the more simple and notable types of roleplay.

Event team

• My best year on SRP. From April 1st, 2022 to late April, 2023; I was an event team member! Through the course of my time with/on the team, I had hosted and helped with countless events, and therefore a countless number of roleplay situations! I had done everything and everything from hosting purges to hosting a full-on stage five flood! I am deeply saddened that my time with the event team had to be cut so short, but who knows I might make a reappearance. Anyhoo, the event team was the one place that really made me grow most as a person as I had to constantly utilize teamwork and my event-making skills to come up with new and fresh ideas that the community would like! . . Let's just not bring up that flood, aye?
Factions
  • This includes the three places I've been accepted into prior; Professor, Club lead, and Caretaker. I know the list seems rather minuscule just by looking at the list, but it's due to the time and effort I put into each. I was in each faction for at least over three months, constantly putting in new effort and ideas to have the best time possible! As a professor, I had a blast. Since I'm a law and crime nerd, I clearly went for that aspect of the server! This helped me dive deeper into the school side of the server than I had ever before. I ended up being in the professor faction for 5 months! What about club leader? Oh boy. This title took pure dedication and hard work/teamwork to pull off. While we hadn't pulled off an… actual event, we had created a community and pulled off many club activities. This was definitely hard to manage and keep afloat at times, but I had the most fun I've ever had. Basically, as a club leader, I had to bring a group of people together, some who I had known well, and others who I definitely didn't. We had a blast talking about our goofy theories! I was a club leader for 9 months. And finally, Caretaker. While this might have not been the most fun for me, I definitely had a blast. Caretaker was the first time I dipped my toes into new territory, ever. I've always had pretty bad social anxiety, but this is where it broke the ice. Caretaker was something new and quite eye-opening! I applied right after the role was brought back in 2021 and somehow managed to get accepted with my poor writing skills at the time. I will forever be grateful for this opportunity, as it's led me down a path in which I got to meet so many new and interesting faces! I was a caretaker for about 4 months(?)
Other
  • While I might be widely known for my event team career and other things listed above, not many people know what I do behind the scenes on SRP! Through the course of my 4-5 years on the server, I've done a variety of things ranging from stuff like opening tailoring servers, or even just being admins in them! I've also worked at a long list of player-ran stores and have wracked my rank up to S.E or Manager a few times now. And yes, I have dipped my feet into the cursed gangrp community! Why is this relevant, one may ask? Well, not many people pay attention to these kinds of things—at least not the bigger players. In these communities, I learned how to develop my character and appropriately/respectfully handle potentially tedious situations! I've learned countless things from players in these communities, whether it be IRL or RP advice and I will forever thank them for that. You might be questioning how some of these servers classify as roleplay, but they have gone out of their way to incorporate the aspect!

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning: Head Of Department
↳ Description: The people with this role are respectable members of the faculty and for a clear reason! Head of the department means, well, what it sounds like. If you’ve gained this role, you have stayed in the faction for a long list of months, have actively participated in a ton of things involving the department, and so much more. Upon gaining this title, you are kind of like the SLT (who leads the factions)’s assistant. The people in this role co-decide with the faction leader plenty of things, including promotions and whatnot. If you’ve gained this role, you’ve gained the respect of the faction.

- QT

↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: You’ve graduated teacher-hood!... Kinda. If you’ve made it up to the qualified teacher rank, that means you are one of the cool kids now. Via gaining this tag, you have been in the faction long enough to become a senior member of the faction! There isn’t much different about this role from the NQT role aside from the fact that if you have it, you have proven yourself to be a good teacher! Congratulations!

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Woah, you did it! If you gained the newly qualified teacher role, it means you are now a teacher! You have passed your trial of being newly qualified and now must move to the big leagues. Getting to this position can be classified as one major achievement as you can now officially teach on your own! By gaining the newly qualified teacher role, you have gained the ability to host your own classes freely, being placed off of that prior trial. While it might seem like a minor thing to most, it must be one of the biggest steps you can take in the teacher world!

- UT

↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: Are you an unqualified teacher? That means you’re new! Those with this role are new and fresh to the faction, only just gaining the role after being accepted. These are the people who have not yet been trained and are therefore, well, un-qualified. This role kind of puts you in a pending space between if you are going to work with the school or not, as you have to go through training! You are not authorized to teach until you’ve reached the required amount of time needed in training. This role mostly works as a placeholder to decide if you would fit in the faction. Having this role also means that you are not quite ready to teach students yet!

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
  • OOCly
As someone who attended the same school for my entire life, I've watched multiple of my peers cycle back into the school to teach! While it can be kind of strange at times, it helps me learn just a tad more about the schooling system each time I speak with them, and I’ve learned quite a bit. Teachers serve one of the most important roles in the schooling system as they raise up the next generation of our world. While it's quite sad that teachers tend to have a lower salary, it's such a blessing to have them persevering and teaching despite the amount of disrespect they tend to face; whether by the schooling system or the kids in their class. It's important to note that teachers have a life of their own and we have to value that upon thinking about them, as it can be hard sometimes. I cannot say what teachers do in their spare time, because it's different for everyone and not one person has the same experience! When in class my teachers tend to throw in a sense of personality to make it easier to connect with the class and get us to grasp onto the topic at hand.
  • ICly
Oh boy. I would say I personally know a tad bit more than the average player due to my prior experience as a professor, but what exactly is that knowledge? I'd say the salary for teaching is quite respectable on the server and equivalents well with the amount of effort that is put into classes and teaching! While teachers might be important in real life, they are the founding pillars for SRP. It is, quite literally in the name—school roleplay! If you don't have teachers on a school server, how is it going to function? Teachers on SRP have a unique way of teaching, utilizing not a system pre-planned but a type of their own teaching style; at least, that's how I taught as a professor. On SRP I would say you are expected to be a bit more professional, but it is always fun to have a teacher who is a little bit goofy here and there! Teachers on SRP could quite literally do anything in their spare time so it's kind of hard to pin-point one particular aspect down.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Disregarding the fact that the server’s name is quite literally “School Roleplay” for a moment, many things! Teachers are kind of like the key foundation to newer players in an odd way. To those new roleplayers who want to catch onto the train of playing around and trying out genuine school roleplay, they need founding pillars (teachers) who actually know what they are doing and are willing to stop, wait a moment, and help them out! I’ve personally always been the type of person who wanted to help out the community, in really any way I can. I feel like this ties nicely into part of my motivation as well! What else could they do? Going back to the factor that the server revolves around school roleplay; there is going to be more school roleplayers! Along with this, due to the combined fact of there being new players and other players who might all want to try and test out high school, surely they are going to need someone who can teach them.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: Karakura High runs on the MoSCoW planning system; 'Must have, Should Have, Could Have, Will or Wouldn't Have.' I’m not entirely sure of what it entails but I am willing to learn!

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?
Akari Hirobayashi grew up in Kanazawa, Japan and stayed there for the majority of her life. Akari was an ordinary kid growing up, not having anything too out of the ordinary to her personality aside from her strong passion to cook and the fact that she was taught JSL from early on in life. Akari has long platinum-blonde hair that fell down her shoulders in a wavy pattern. While being mostly Japanese, she was also part Italian; how? That’s a good question. She always had a good outlook on students and kids in general, giving them the same respect that they gave her. Along with this, she usually had a good outlook on other teachers, applying the same logic she had with students to teachers. She gave the same sense of respect spread out equally to every different party.

Akari has been seen as a kind figure, while she can sometimes stand her ground to either defend herself or her family, she has never taken it too far due to her rather laid-back persona. The female has always had a calming type of personality, knowing how to defuse a situation despite how hard it might’ve been to. She’s never particularly had to, but when she does, she’s quite prepared. Akari is slightly defensive towards her family as mentioned before, but that’s solely due to her mama bear nature! Never has she ever had to really think about her future plans past teaching, but perhaps she would share them if asked!

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: Akari would wait a moment before stopping them to confirm that she heard it correctly before walking up to them. Upon approaching them, she would ask them what they were talking about and what exactly they felt that they needed to swear about. Hirobayashi would then politely tell them off, and threaten a detention if needed! Though she would attempt to be as calm and understanding of the situation as possible, keeping up that important professional barrier between them.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Hirobayashi would be slightly disappointed, going silent as she smiled; staring at them all, waiting. If they didn’t respond in a respectable time frame she would have to raise her voice over theirs, yelling “HEY”. This would be the last resort but hopefully, cause them to pay attention to Akari. She would politely tell the class off before slowly rolling back into her lesson, slightly less cheery than she had been before. If they failed to be quiet, she would threaten to end the class there and start talking about detentions. A last resource.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: Akari might be a little less talkative than normal but in a respectful way! If she is in the lounge she is probably taking a short break away from the kids to recoup for her next class, or she is preparing for her next lesson! Generally, though, Akari would keep her upbeat and happy personality just letting the laid-back side come out more than usual. If she is spoken to, she will try to respond back to the party but with a more chill vibe to her rather than her upbeat classroom self, basically, a rather noticeable difference switching between the classroom and with her co-workers.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me looked around the room, watching as the students walked in with a bright smile on her face “Welcome to my class! Please find a station to sit at, max three people per station, and then prepare for further instructions. Also, please do not touch any of the utensils already out so that we can get this class to run smoothly!” Looking around, she allowed the students to file in and chose their seats before continuing on with the lesson! Akari moved to the front of the room and looked upon all of them, folding her arms with a warm smile. She then proceeded to explain the lesson! “In today’s lesson, we will be. . .”
/me took a walk around the room, inhaling slightly as she smiled. Akari watched as the students prepared one of her favorite dishes! She walked up to one table, tilting her head with a raised eyebrow. The female examined the dish, offering some advice to help the student in front of herself. She then walked off, allowing the student to continue their way of the dish as she didn’t want to tell them the right and wrong way! She continued to walk around until she made it to her desk, preparing to give out the next instructions to the students about the dish.
/me clasped her hands together as she slightly raised her tone, solely for the purpose of the students being able to hear her better! She then began to speak in a calming tone “Alright students, it’s time to wrap up your dishes as the class is about to end. We will continue this lesson again in the third hour so don’t worry too much about having to finish up! Take your dough over to the oven and set it on top of each, and I will place them in for you.” she then reached her hand down to her pockets, pulling out a small Sharpie! She walked up to each table, sliding a piece of disposable elastic wrap over each pan as she secured it. Hirobayashi proceeded to write each table number onto the wrap “I need each of you to remember your table number for the next period! Upon getting everything wrapped up, you may leave for the period!”
/me watched as the students gathered together each of their supplies. She guided the students over to the sink, instructing them on where they should all leave their supplies! “If there are a few of you who don’t have anything to do during break time and would like to help out with the dishes, please stick around until the end of the class and I will tell you where you can help out!” Akari smiled softly, directing the rest of them outside as she allowed them to leave. Hirobayashi then walked back inside, beginning to thoroughly clean each station as she prepared for the next class. With the assistance of her little helpers, she directed them back into the kitchen for the dishes!

Backstory
Akari grew up in Japan with her family, having a pretty average life. From a young age, she was taught how to use JSL to communicate with a few deaf family members; thus being the only interesting thing that stood out. She was a normal student, just trying to get by without a plan in life; until she finally got that certain rush of motivation. Since she was young, she messed around in the kitchen making small little things like dishes. Eventually, it became the only thing she could focus on! When she turned fourteen, she started working for money via babysitting. Akari found a soft spot for children in her heart and got to a point where she quite enjoyed babysitting, but started cooking less and less. . . When Akari turned 15, she had to start thinking about what she wanted to do in her life. In 2011, Hirobayashi moved to Canada to study abroad and learn English. She was conflicted about becoming a chef and some sort of child caretaker, and thus, she came up with a compromise. Akari started working in restaurants alongside babysitting, and made her way up to head chef after two years; which landed her in the year of her graduation. Akari decided to go to school in order to become a teacher, cutting her side job down to only the restaurant to save some time for herself. After a full run in college, she graduated! Working as an assistant at a part-time job in Canada, she worked at the local school for about a year. She started planning her trip back to Japan where she got her TEFL, as she had worked as an assistant teacher for three years, learning English for 6 years alongside Italian. Upon heading back to Japan, she landed herself here in Karakura, ready to apply. It took her a long time to think of what she wanted to teach and came to the decision of Culinary!

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only): Akari Hirobayashi
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Ms. Hirobayashi
Given Name(s): Akari
Preferred Name: Aki

Age (Minimum is 27): 27
Religious Denomination: Shinitoism
Marital Status: Unmarried

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years): 3 years

Academic Degree: Bachelor
Year of Graduation:
Highschool; 2013 [17]
College; 2019 [23]

Major(s): Education, Culinary arts, Health Science
Minors: Food Science, Photography

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: JSL, English, Italian

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: TEFL

Extra

Additional notes about your application: I switched the activity and ban history around to make it slightly easier to read! (With permission, of course).

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread