Ashtetic
Omega+
EMS Ooc introduction thingy thing.png

IGN (In-Game Name):
Ashtetic

What is your discord username?:
@ashhleyyy

Describe your activity on the server:
I am online almost every day, apart from a few exceptions every now and then. I usually log on in the afternoons or during evenings, however I am practically free to come online during the majority of the day when asked unless I have some sort of prior arrangement. Overall, I spend most of my time on Minecraft playing SRP. There are little restrictions to my availability other than school work since I am in high school at the moment.

What is your timezone?:
My timezone is MST. The area I live in also does not recognize daylight savings time, so it is MST throughout the whole year.

List your current roles on the server:
For all of my current character profiles:
College-M, Grade-10, Grade-12

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
I have been playing SRP since 2017, so I am pretty familiar with roleplay. Outside of the server, I also like to roleplay on other platforms, so I have grown my knowledge of the general rules and ways of roleplay heavily over the years. As for the individual features of the server, like the school roles and such, I have applied for several roles in the past so I am very familiar with how being in a faction works, and have roleplayed out many different situations using things like FearRP, and many other roleplay-specific terms. Since I have been a regular SRP player for so long, I am quite knowledgeable of the community and many events that SRP has held over the years, as I have also attended many of those. I have really enjoyed roleplaying on the server, and got lots of experience as a result.

What is your motivation for applying?:
EMS has always intrigued me as an avid roleplayer on SRP, since I’ve been a teacher, a journalist, and a caretaker, but never anything related to the medical field. I’ve been in the hospital quite a bit as a roleplayer, for many different scenarios and reasons, and whenever I do go there, I always look at the intense detail that comes from the medical staff’s roleplay, and their many different ways of describing different situations in roleplay. I remember the first time I had to go there was when I broke one of my limbs back as a Grade-7, and the doctor treated the leg with deep care, providing such a long detailed response in chat, and I just recall myself being completely wowed by the interaction. However, it wasn’t until recently that I thought of becoming a psychiatrist. I found myself detailRPing a lot whenever I was logged on, and thought that I should apply for another role, since I had previously been in factions before. That’s when I remembered EMS, since one of my best friends is currently there and is always talking about their roleplay with it. It motivated me to apply right now and try to join as well, since with my experience, I could both benefit the faction and myself by bettering my roleplay and providing enjoyable roleplay to many other players on the server.

Which role are you applying for? (Doctor or Psychiatrist):
Psychiatrist

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?:
I do know about the different workers in the hospital, and the many different individual tasks they all have to do. Although I don’t really know the ins-and-outs of the jobs, I generally know the main goal of each position and what they do to accomplish said goals.

Doctor
Both in real life and on SchoolRP, the main goal of a doctor is to provide a patient with medical care to ensure they are healthy. Doctors are qualified to diagnose and treat illnesses whenever an issue arises with a patient’s health. They are qualified to prescribe ailments and treatments to help patients relieve their sicknesses. In addition, they are able to perform surgery when it is necessary for treating a certain illness. Overall, doctors are committed to protecting the health of the citizens they serve. As well as this general definition of a doctor, many doctors have different specialties - not all doctors are the same. We have pediatricians, who work with young children and infants, simple check-up providers, who are the ones doing monthly checks to ensure a patient is staying healthy, and doctors like gastroenterologists who primarily treat diseases in the digestive system.

Psychiatrist
Psychiatrists work with a patient’s mental health to uncover root causes of a certain mental hindrance they may have. People may confuse a psychiatrist with a the******, but psychiatrists are qualified to prescribe medical treatments, and give sound advice towards a certain condition. The******s are not able to give a patient medicine for their condition. Psychiatrists work with patients one-to-one, by speaking with them to uncover issues, like having family therapy sessions, which I have seen and participated in on SchoolRP myself. They are able to diagnose a person with a certain mental illness after running tests and doing thorough research on their mental condition. Just like how every worker in the hospital operates, psychiatrists will work with doctors frequently to deal with the mental health side of things when it comes to a patient, whereas the doctor will focus on the physical health.

Paramedics & Vets
For paramedics & vets, you need to be certified to participate in both roles. As in, you can be a psychiatrist, but have a certificate in being a vet, which makes you qualified to do vet activities. Paramedics are emergency workers who rush to the site of a patient having a medical emergency. This can include cases like car accidents, if someone is having a heart attack at home, if someone has broken bones and cannot move around, and etc. In order to ensure the safety of these citizens, paramedics are necessary. They drive an ambulance to these situations whenever called, and their goal is to keep the person alive and well, and get them more help at the hospital. This means they often work with KPD. As for vets, they treat animals medically. They can do check-ups on animals, treat their illnesses, and recommend certain treatments for them. If someone has an emergency with their pet dog not being able to move around for example, they could bring them to the hospital, and with a vet certification, a doctor could actively assess the dog’s health condition, and provide a treatment that will make the dog feel better again. Circumstances like these are why vets are needed.

I also am informed about the pharmacy and the different ailments it offers towards citizens. I know that they offer over-the-counter medicines for citizens with no prescription needed, and I know they offer medicines that strictly require a prescription from a doctor or psychiatrist depending on the drug. Medication from the pharmacy can help patients with their symptoms from a certain illness, although they can come with side effects too. For example, a psychiatrist could prescribe a certain CNS stimulant like adderall to help people with ADHD improve their focus. However, there is a maximum limit with many of these drugs, and some side effects can include things like mood swings, vomiting, and more depending on what drug is taken.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?:

I do acknowledge that i could be demoted at any time.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?:
Yes. I 100% agree to the hospital staff role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?:
I acknowledge this.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?:
Yes, I do acknowledge to not take it ooc.

Beige Modern Elegant Personal LinkedIn Banner (17).png

Character’s Full Name:
Atsuko Arai

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Female, she/her

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background (Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):
Bachelors in Psychology

Character’s Nationality:
British-Japanese

Character’s Marital Status:
Single

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Catholic

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Japanese, Shanghainese, Russian, JSL

Beige Modern Elegant Personal LinkedIn Banner (19).png

Atsuko Arai was born in Kyoto, Japan and lived a very happy childhood. Her mother, being Japanese, and her father, being British, introduced her to many different cultures and lifestyles at such a young age. Atsuko lived as a silver spoon kid, as her father was the CEO of a successful technology company based in Hangzhou, China, and her mother was a psychologist in Kyoto. Growing up, her father wasn’t in her life much, as he was busy with the company every single week, and would occasionally go off on business trips to Hangzhou. However, he did decide much of what her life looked like. He had her learn Shanghainese to integrate with the company better in the future, as her father had high expectations of her. However, what he didn’t consider is what she really wanted for herself.

As a young child, Atsuko always had fun learning biology in school. She loved animals and plants alike, and was always thrilled to learn about the basics of human life and the science behind the everyday things she saw. One day, she was assigned by her teacher to write about a parent’s job and go with them to work for a day. Being uninterested in her dad’s tech company of course, she asked her mom and her mom kindly obliged, showing her the ins and outs of being a psychologist. She quickly became interested in her mom’s work, and found herself doing more research on psychology in her own free time. From a young age, her mom was her role model, so she naturally became intrigued in what she did for a living. She knew she liked science, but she was starting to gain some interest in psychology. She thought she had to do more research on it, so she just let it ponder in her head while going through school.

At one point near the end of her high school career, her father made her come to work with him so she could get some hands-on experience at the company. However, he never asked for her opinion, and whether she would actually like to work at the company in the future. She kept saying no to his demands, but he refused and outright did not agree with what she wanted to do. One day, she lashed out at him and she was thus grounded. Her mom and dad had a conversation over the issue, and eventually it led to a huge fight that escalated over weeks. They kept having conflicts about how to take care of Atsuko, how to tell her how to live her life, and more. Her dad wanted more control of her future, while her mom wanted to let her do what she wanted no matter what. Eventually, they stopped fighting, but only because one day Atsuko yelled at them both to stop. Her dad realized his mistakes, and his poor decisions because of this, and thus gave up on his image of his daughter as the perfect CEO for his company.

In college, she went for psychology since she had been researching it more and felt it was something that suited her. However, she still had that underlying desire to study science more, since she had enjoyed it so much in her childhood. In the end, she found out about the field of psychiatry, which felt like a perfect combination of both worlds for her. She wanted to be like her mother, but also explore the passions she had for science. It was the perfect job. She got her Bachelor’s degree and went on to study more and more and eventually worked on psychiatry research projects while in school, and after she graduated. She also did her residency and was able to obtain her licensing prior to that. Overall, she had made a successful life for herself despite what her dad initially wanted for her.

Beige Modern Elegant Personal LinkedIn Banner (20).png

What is your character’s medical speciality?
Why did they choose this focus? (Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen):
Atsuko is specialized moreso in child psychiatry, as she takes interest in helping children with their mental health, as well as adolescents too. When she was young, and just starting to take an interest in psychiatry via her mother, she found herself volunteering at different hospitals and clinics that worked with children once she got older. In addition, while still in high school, she liked to volunteer at schools to be a teacher’s assistant, which took her mind off of her father’s strict imposing beliefs on her. She began to find solace in working with children, wanting to help kids enjoy their childhood to the fullest, and not have to worry about the difficult things in life. She had always wanted a sibling too, but never had one, and saw the kids she was helping in classes as her own siblings. It introduced her at a young age to taking care of children. Thus, as she began to develop a specialization in general psychiatry, she started to focus on children and adolescents.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?:
Atsuko pursued a residency in her local town near Kyoto, specifically at a hospital that was in close proximity to her mother’s workplace. Although her mother was able to assist in finding a residency in the first place, her belief was that it was Atsuko’s responsibility to continue her career and go off to bigger and better things. So, she accepted fate, and worked extremely hard at her residency, staying for about five years before continuing on her journey to become a licensed psychiatrist. Since she had been raised in the area, she was very familiar with the hospital already, and quickly became close with the people working there, as she went many times when she was just a young child – although she thinks some of the staff couldn’t recognize her since she got older. After her residency, she gained a very strong boost in her learning and knowledge of the craft of psychiatry, and she valued every second of it.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?:
Her work experience in medical positions consists of the residency and also a position she took before becoming certified in psychiatry. Initially, she had started employment as a medical record keeper, which is all she could do with her degree at the time. It helped her become familiar with the way the medical system worked, and it readied her for bigger workplaces, like the hospital she would soon do her residency at. Becoming knowledgeable with medical records is indeed significant for anyone working in a hospital, so it was definitely beneficial for her. As for her residency, it was able to help her really get more experience in the field of psychiatry directly. She was able to diagnose patients, and assist them in having a happier life, which is something she strived for a lot. She was also able to work with children in her residency as well, which definitely interested her given her past experience volunteering with them. Overall, she learned much medical information from her positions.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?:
Apart from her psychiatry training, Atsuko has not undergone any other additional schooling, although she has participated in many research projects while still in college. During a few summers, she directly worked with researchers as an assistant in relation to her psychology major. She was primarily focused on her career as a psychiatrist.

Beige Modern Elegant Personal LinkedIn Banner (18).png

SECTION 3 : CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?:

Atsuko Arai, 6'3”, is an elegant, olive-skinned Japanese-British woman. She had deep brown eyes and long straight black hair tied into two buns with a bright, beautiful purple ribbon to connect them both. Her slim stature combined with her moderately buff arms and legs complimented her features perfectly, and her fashion sense added to her overall soft aesthetic. She would commonly be seen with flower-oriented clothing, particularly those with roses and daisies, to decorate her exquisite appearance. Her favorite color was purple, the color of royals, and it could clearly be seen throughout her daily clothing choices. A perfume of cherry blossoms followed her wherever she went. Her face had a sense of familiar warmth, as if you’ve already met her in a past life.

How does your character act on and off duty?:
Both on and off duty, Atsuko is an extremely compassionate and warm person who can also be a bit quirky at times. However, she draws a fine line between her off and on work personality, as she prefers to act more professional when doing her job. When off duty, she likes to spend her free time with others more than being alone, since she just loves to hang out with her best friends and party. She can be a bit sassy too, but overall she is very approachable and is always looking for more people to be friends with. On the other hand, while at work, she can be a bit different. In her mind, she believes it is best to remain professional at work and have a more focused and stern attitude. However, this does not stop her from maintaining empathy and compassion with her patients. She believes the most important part of interacting with others is to show them kindness, and make them feel welcomed. As a psychiatrist, her first goal is to make the client feel welcome in her space. Although she can be a bit humorous outside of work, while working, she prefers to maintain a different attitude. However, of course, her natural personality can leak out sometimes at work, and she can often make jokes with coworkers, and try to lighten up the mood around the place.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?:
Atsuko functions well in both situations. With others, she is used to taking the role of a leader who can motivate others to do their part, while consistently doing her own part well. On the other hand, while alone, she is a consistent planner and prefers to organize her methods and practices. Her only shortcoming would be working at her own pace, which can be seen as either a good thing or a bad thing, since she can be a bit slow with a few things, but the result is always excellent and perfect to her standards. When working as part of a group, there are a few times where she does not take the role of a leader. However, when this happens she still puts her best foot forward and does her best to complete the work she is given. In addition, she is often good at helping others as well, when she sees fit. Most of the focus is given to her own work as she prefers to finish it before helping anyone else, as keeping her work at the top tier is a priority. She likes to be known as a reliable person by others, and enjoys being trusted with full integrity.

What plans does your character have for the future?:
Atsuko plans on being a psychiatrist for a long while, and simply wants to focus on her line of work and having her friends around her throughout life. The things she values most are her relationships and her career, so for the future, she can’t see herself going astray with anything else. Her most desirable outcome would be to work as a psychiatrist for many years, and eventually retire with a feeling of satisfaction that she was able to help so many people throughout her career. In addition, starting a family and looking for a partner has also been something that’s been on her mind for a while. She had never really given it much thought, since she was so focused on academics and work, but after deciding on her future life goals, it felt fitting for her to try and pursue something like that alongside her career. She wants to live a meaningful life, full of fun and being around the people that she loves.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?:
By others, Atsuko is almost always perceived as a confident woman who knows what she wants, and as warmhearted and the perfect friend to have around. When most people talk to her, they feel excitement and her kindness immediately from the get-go. She knows how to party and is always the best friend to go to for jokes and fun. However, her own perception of herself can be very different sometimes. Although she spends most of her time around others, and is extremely sociable, there are times where she feels anxious and lacking. Sometimes, she overthinks things and can think negatively of her own image. She might think that others hate her when they don’t, and that she’s annoying to some. However, usually she goes to her many friends for comfort and feels better after having these episodes. Yet, it still remains her greatest weakness in her personality, and she believes it’s important to remember how she feels in addition to how others feel about her. After all, she is a psychiatrist, so she knows that not everyone is perfect. Although she may look like the perfect person from the outside, on the inside she does have her own shortcomings, like everyone else.

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted! You will be contacted in regards to setting up your roles shortly.

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread