players online

CAS' REPORTER APPLICATION

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)? Please include ALL your alternative accounts:
Wa4r - Alternative account, applying on.

(please shift my college role to my alternative unused character slot upon acceptance)
Famlne - Main, Grade-12 {Most Active}
Conqnest - Councillor, College Bachelor {Secondarily most active account}
Wrathscat - Alternative account

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
castriel, I do have a microphone. I do not like using it, though,

List your timezone and country:
EST, United States

Describe your activity:
My activity- while dwindling lately due to life, and perpetual drag of my mental state, has always been extremely good to a degree (when I can manage it to be so.) and I have always worked to upkeep my activity and roles to maintain my positions (as well as be someone within these teams to not only pull my own weight- but to be good at whatever I may be doing) While previously t has been off, especially when I may be in positions where it is inconvenient, but I believe it can be accordingly managed and dealt with, especially if I am given the role of reporter-which I have recently within the past few months taken a great interest in and my curiosity devotes me to seek putting my time and effort into such a position.

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
{Accepted} Teacher
{Accepted} Professor
{Accepted} Lawyer
{Accepted} Councillor
{Denied} Councillor

Alongside various trivial applications I will leave unspoken of and unlinked for simplicity.

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
While fairly busy recently, My eye has remained harshly on the reporter position, given it has quite taken my interest and something I believe I would like to dedicate my time into. I’ve thought about it for quite a while, and generally spent some time dwelling on the subject, as I waited for applications to reopen. Given it has piqued my interest, and with the circumstances that I am aware of behind the position, I am extremely excited to get involved with this faction in specifics, and hope to gain some insight I didn’t have before on the inner workings, as well as be able to acquire new intriguing writing possibilities through reports.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I've essentially been writing since I was a little kid. While not necessarily believing I am anyway skilled or above anyone else, in terms of ability (Seeing as I don’t particularly see it AS a skill or ability, ultimately), I’ve always been writing various things, and I have found that it’s something I latch quite a lot of myself to- given that I never stop writing, no matter what I’m doing. I will always find time in my day to write anything, and it’s a neverending stream of production I am infatuated with, and have so far been too passionate to experience myself fall from it, in terms of the years and years i’ve played schoolrp (To my awareness of what burnout could exactly be considered.) I have always found time in my day to write, and I am persistently on a lookout to improve myself. my eyes are always open to inspiration, or to anything I find I’d love to incorporate into writing or art or the persistent swirling of ideas and thoughts in my head. It is always on my mind, And I am always seeking it out, willing to put my all into everything I do. So, while I may not exactly be the most talented or skilled in it, if you can regard it as such, I can say with confidence that it is absolutely something that I always find myself loving to do. I’ve always felt myself being able to ceaselessly communicate myself within writing, being someone who has lived my life as selectively mute, I find that writing has so many words and so much more passion than I’d ever be able to put anywhere else.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Of course, I fully intend to abide by any and all rules, and will alter myself at any point if I find myself out of line or mistakenly not following the rules provided.

Why should we accept you over others?:
I don’t believe myself to be superior in any sort of a way to anyone else, but I can provide good reason as to why I think I’d be a good reporter. Simply, I love writing, going out of my way to write, and similarly reading. It’s, as aforementioned, my favorite thing to do and I think in my pursuit- I would make a very good journalist within the faction, I’d like to dedicate my time and I actually love learning, Anything I find myself unaware of within the faction I’d love to pursue and learn more about until I find myself suitable or proficient enough to allow myself to do it, just as learning anything tends to go. I am an extremely passionate and dedicated person, especially when it comes to the things I enjoy, and will spend all my time dedicated to one thing if I find myself immensely interested and engaged. I believe Id make an excellent reporter, and I’d like to pursue his faction to dedicate my time to.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports?:
Yes. Absolutely. I understand that this is something extremely critical to reports, and will happily comply, as I love to see both sides of an argument, and I adore playing devil’s advocate, even if I rarely, for whatever reason, find myself biased or acquainted with one side, I see it as an opportunity to engage with another. I will happily comply with this.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
Yes, even if it is the case I find myself inactive for whatever reason, I am certain I can keep myself on board to recent events and active enough to complete a report, at the very least. I will absolutely do my best to maintain inactivity, and will be certain to alert someone if there is any reason why I cannot.

Summarize what you imagine work as a reporter is:
Communication with outside sources, gathering sources themselves, and keeping yourself aware is key to being a reporter. I want to engage with my creativity, and be able to put in-character situations, occurrences and whatever topic captures my interest into a cohesive and engaging way to be received by anyone else who would like to read or engage with journalism reports.

1697251988135.png

Full Name:
“Cadell Percival Thornwood.”

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
“Cadell, Cad, or simply Mr. Thornwood.”

Current Age:
“Twenty-Five.”

Past job/work experience:
“I’ve typically regarded my schooling and education higher than my experience in terms of working, at least up until the point i’ve felt myself to be qualified enough to permit myself into the workforce with a carreer I deem myself accustomed to- Even without such direct experience, But I regardless deem myself to be well-equipped to handle such things I have thus prepared for, Nevertheless, I do have work experience due to needing to support myself through my own educational goals and aspirations.
I have experience with writing, reporting, all the likes of what I’d need for a position as such. I’ve previously wrote smaller, trivial reports for various things, and have otherwise dedicated my time into other irrelevant careers for financial support, growing up.”

Degree/qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree - Criminology

Bachelor’s Degree - Journalism
Master’s Degree - Psychology

Associate’s Degree- Forensic Science

Nationality and born location:
German, Germany.

Phone Number:
030-201-6393

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
“Being someone raised under the circumstances of- well, Karakura, since I was 14; I’m someone shaped around it’s oddities and the common person, finding myself well accommodated within it’s practices, and well knowledged on how to get the information I want, which I frequently take advantage of. I’m a beyond curious individual, who seeks out answers, and often will never rest until I do. I’m a extensively and profoundly dedicated person, easy as that.”
{74 words.}

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
“I’ve taken a peculiar and devoted interest in crime and revolving psychological factors since my early teens living in Karakura, frequently keeping myself indoors and a spectator of such things. I’d spent my teenage years obsessed, devoted to such a demented cause until I wore myself to the bone with anxiety, developing a severe paranoia later in my teens due to my own profound fascination, and upon learning how truly commonplace it was within the town I found myself growing up in, and how easy it was to be a victim of the likes. A unique predicament, yes, but one I found that molded me quickly into someone who could handle such topics, given my obsessive fascination, and be able to indulge in my own interests without falling into a hole of my own question’s answers. I have no problem and take no issue with indulging such topics now, as I’ve received degrees and various revolving qualifications to truly pursue my passions, I entirely intend to further this by investigating the people’s views, with a regard, of course, as to how to go about it, but I will undeniably find answers if I seek them. However, given my initial dedication to such a position, I take no issue with expanding my topics and horizons, and would be extremely comfortable doing so, in fact. I don’t find myself laying in much of a ‘comfort-zone’, per say, rather than I find myself having preferences of the topics I prefer and that tend to keep my interest.”

What are your expectations for the job?:
“I hope to fulfill my desire to investigate and inform. I quite enjoy digging into the topics that I find myself invested in, and being able to invest into it as a career is quite a deal, for me. I expect to be working hard and to my heart’s content. I’m . . quite excited, really.”

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
“No.. There may be small, irrelevant crimes such as trespassing or various trivial things, but I don’t remember them, and therefore feel them to be unworthy of mentioning.”

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
German, Japanese, Latin, Swedish.

OOC NOTE: I will need to reapply for these languages (Or re-submit my applications in a ticket upon transferring this character to this account)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing players about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

[The soft, barely noticeable whirring of a camera began, accompanied by mechanical and sporadic clicks as it was set up, before it’d began rolling.]

KARAKURA’S WEATHER ANOMALY

Karakura residents are no stranger to odd, unpredictable, destructive, and outright fatal weather. Being somewhere occupied on an island- It should be no surprise of the frequency of earthquakes that often terrorize and injure its residents. Islands are typically known for harsh weather conditions, especially islands as such, due to their weight and pressure against the earth’s crust; and Karakura is absolutely no exception. Tornados, earthquakes, flooding, and weeks upon weeks of rain and snow often plague the city’s streets throughout months - at its worst- of destruction.
But how normalized is it? and how normalized should it be? Well, let’s take a look at some of the circumstances that initially revolve around such conditions, and uncover the reality of why Karakura’s weather is so destructive.

To begin with, let’s take a step back, and begin with where exactly we are located, and settle a expectation for the weather conditions of the surrounding climate.
Karakura is off to the side of Japan, which is also no stranger to quite the earthquake count, given the sheer intensity it’s known for, hosting around a astounding ten percent of the world’s active volcanoes - making it the strongest contender for seismic activity, and a staggering amount of 1,500 earthquakes per year.

The earthquake count in Japan dates back thousands of years, and are no strangers to tremors, experiencing almost 50 per day, at its worst. It’s quite the culture shock for anyone unaccustomed, the Shindo scale’s level four occurring twice a month, at least somewhere in Japan, The higher and more dangerous counts occurring more frequently on various occasions throughout the years of residing there.
With this in mind, it’s truly no surprise the amount of devastating earthquakes that frequently occur in Karakura, in fact, it would be unsurprising with the amount of mountains and bent plates to form them across the island. While no volcanos presumably reside on the island itself, (to my awareness, I could just as easily be very wrong about this) - This information still leaves no room for surprise when considering the disastrous weather that occurs on a yearly basis.
Karakura frequently suffers these disastrous conditions, often on a rhythmic pattern year after year- though frequently a surprise to the people nonetheless, who are known to be unfamiliar and caught often off-guard by the sudden stakes and dangers that may occur as a result of these sorts of things, especially with Karakura’s buildings growing ever-so-higher as a result of being contained to an island, and therefore increasing the possibility of danger and fatalities when inevitable damage is done as a result of natural disaster.
Though, mixing with the well-known economical problems of Karakura and Japan as a whole- this leaves our buildings and architecture also frequently far more at risk, only to be mixed with the already disastrous consequences of living on an island connected to Japan.
On that note, It shouldn’t be a shocking occurrence for Tsunamis, Tornados (Given our position as well), and the initial assessment of the rate of earthquakes to begun with. It shouldn’t be much of a surprise, despite how inconvenient and disastrous they are.
To accompany this, The rate of foreigners (Which is also exceeding the average) are unused to this, wrestling in a frequent culture shock when confronted with the conditions and climate of somewhere such as Karakura.
Despite the fatal and destructive evaluations of our weather and natural disasters - One would be surprised to ultimately find that it’s more shocking that Karakura ultimately would expect more out of our position in the world, making the real weather anomaly the lack of dangerous and infrequent natural disasters within Karakura given our proximity to Japan, and the simple fact of being an island, though, it is always important to take necessary cautions, no matter how infrequent danger may be.

tumblr_57f64240d0e26f2ac70b3481e46331c0_67b65c36_2048.png

#2 - Interview.

Dissecting of the correlation between Karakura’s education- and it’s criminal peers.

{ The whirring of a tape recorder began, met with a black screen and silence for just a moment, the screen occupied by captions to accompany the audio recording, which had a distant but relatively unnoticeable whirring noise in the background. }

Cadell Thornwood: “Good afternoon, everyone. This is.. Cadell Thornwood, reporting with an interview I have prepared- Unfortunately, the person I’m interviewing has preferred to stay anonymous, and therefore I will respect their wishes. I am hoping to contribute a word into the current climate pertaining of the school system and how it may relate to the abundance of criminal activity and various malicious occurances around Karakura- mostly pertaining within the local school’s students. More specifically- there a connection? I’ll be interviewing someone today to inquire within the circumstances of the school- and how the school issues their own offerings of crime and punishment, hoping to elaborate upon the connection between the circumstances within our schoolchildren’s daily lives- and the influx of crime that they commit.”

CT = Cadell Percival Thornwood
JD = John Doe {Anonymous.}

CT: “Good afternoon. I’ll skip the formalities. Could you tell me your occupation?”
JD: “I’m. . A teacher, at the local highschool in Karakura.”

CT: “I see. . . I’m sure you’ve heard of the abundance of crime around Karakura- I don’t believe anyone can live here without being at least relatively aware of it- If they’d like to live safely, at least.”
JD: “ Ah. . . yes, of course. This isn’t exactly.. The safest place to live, by any means.”

CT: ” Well, with this in mind- as well as the staggering overwhelming population of those who are below even the drinking age- Overtaking even the adult population within Karakura- most of them are more than likely students, especially ones you’ve more than likely taught. How do you feel knowing that you’ve more than likely taught criminals and gang members? And do you think that our cities schooling is sufficient?”

JD: “Well. . . It’s complicated. I don’t think anyone is surprised, especially given a lot of student’s delinquent behavior, even with how a lot of students act in class. It’s hard to find good students, honestly. There’s an abundance, but it’s human nature to be overwhelmed with the bad rather than the good. A lot of the good students, who are actually trying- are often stomped out by the behavior like that. I think the schooling and education itself is fine, to be clear. But I have noticed lackluster tendencies when it comes to treatment of the students themselves, outside of teaching them.”
CT: “That’s an excellent answer, thank you. Do you think that the students that want to do well and contribute their efforts to school are facing similar circumstances- overwhelmed by the bad? That would align with that, wouldn’t it?”

JD: “Yes. . I think it’s quite obvious that the successful students are frequently.. unhappy, given the abundance of people who only are really there to antagonize others, and most often the people aren’t doing anything wrong are the biggest targets for unwarranted harassment, as sad as it is.”

CT: “Do you think the school does anything for the students that really are trying to be good students? To even out the bad and the good- from your perspective, of course. And do you think there’s anything of contribution to how students treat their average delinquent that may push them farther into criminal tendencies?”

JD: “To be honest, we don’t acknowledge much of the difference, as sad as it is. Of course, we offer support and guidance, and punishments to those deserving when we catch acts like that, bullying, or harassment. or just.. malicious things like that. But, we offer support, and those little reward tokens to people for doing well, when they do. but they aren’t a hard thing to achieve. In terms of our delinquents.. We do tend to bundle up all of our rule breakers- whether it be through suspensions or detentions, crime means punishment, sometimes it’s a lot harsher, but. .. delinquency tends to automatically mean violent or criminal to a lot of people, and that association is sometimes immediately made to students who are just misbehaving, mostly those in fights and stuff.”
CT: “I see. . . delinquents tend to have that association, that is true. Especially when they may be pushed to expultion or suspension, it certainly carries a certain weight to it to put the thought in a malleable teenagers hand that they are regarded as a criminal, despite their real intent or actions, ultimately. . . On the previous note; Are you saying there’s no real reward to students for doing well besides that? . . . In that case, what motivators do students truly have to do well in school, or just behave?”
JD: “.. I wouldn’t say there’s much reward. We support them as much as we can, but it’s important to remain impartial to our students, unfair as it is, sometimes. I think the school relies on fear tactics and being afraid of being expelled, suspended or just a detention for misbehaving, rather than offering rewards and consolation for the kids to do well. I suppose kids can do well if they want to succeed in their future, their record and stuff, but kids don’t really think too much about that.”

CT: “. . . That feels like a massive.. issue. Do you think the lack of reward, motivation and drive makes students worse? or become corrupted over time? With little reward for being good, fear tactics. People tend to be crushed under pressure easily. Don’t you think applying pressure like that makes children turn into worse versions of themselves- especially if there’s no reason to be good in the first place. Not only that, it’s in a child or teenagers nature to ignore consequences of their actions. They, by nature, have the drive to do simply what they want, than rather what may be good for others, which is, in correlation, the same drive that results in many of the crimes we see around Karakura. Teenagers are infamous to be malleable and vulnerable - as well as selfish. Lacking the urge and knowledge to properly form your city’s children into a positive mentality and wellbeing is important at the core of schooling, isn’t it? Lacking that fundamental, I think that’d just create an anxiety-filled environment, a lot in accordance to almost.. a prison?”

JD: “Not the first time I've heard that comparison, but thinking about it that way, I definitely can see the correlation. Treating the students with soley punishment and threats wouldn’t do good for any environment. The reward tokens are nice, of course, but they’re usually ignored and don’t really give much to the students themselves besides a nonverbal ‘good job’. . We still give them what we can, but there isn't much. It boils down to how much a student thinks about success in the future.”
CT: “This all sounds like a very hard climate to go into daily. . But do you think it contributes to the amount of criminal activity within the teenagers and students of our city?”
JD: “ Well. . With all of this in mind, I do think it has to have some correlation, I wouldn’t say it’s all of the reason, but.. It does probably play into it, yeah.”
CT: “Okay. . Alongside this, do you believe that if handled differently, the highschool could have the potential to deter behavior like this, if there was more of a reward for positive and healthy behavior.”
JD: “I’m not sure.. Kids are kids, and . . Well, this isn’t where we have that sort of thing. I couldn’t really tell you, I’m sorry. It’s unfortunate but, I don’t really know if it would make a difference.”
CT: “ Thank you. One last question, do you think you have anything you’d like to say to students like that? the criminals, I mean. Or the good students, whichever.”
JD: “Well, I don’t know. . . I think, I hope that they try to better themselves, for everyone around them, and themselves, and their future. Not a lot of kids think about their future, or where they want to be. I think they have all these tiny little aspirations that could easily land them in trouble, just for the moment, and ruin their future, just like that. I can’t really blame them. Like you said, it’s a kill or be killed city. I guess, being a kid. . It’s hard to avoid that mentality of doing anything to get ahead of everyone else- which. . would be crime, for the most part. And they’re all so young and easily coerced. . . Criminals make more criminals. It’s sad. I’d just have to say to them that. . I do hope that they can better themselves, for their future, and for everyone around them, so they don’t get that mentality too.”

CT: “An absolutely amazing answer. I thank you, and I am immensely gracious for your time. You’ve given me a lot of insight with your answers. I won’t take up anything else.”

{} There’s a pause of shuffling, before the recorder clicks off. {}

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
acceptedapplications.png

After careful discussion with the other members of the faction, we have chosen to accept you:

Please get in touch with me via Discord @ aania to start the process and get you set up!

Note: Your application is absolutely astounding.

Welcome to the News Faction! :D

Users who are viewing this thread