byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
INFORMATION

IGN of Club Leader:
Ordinqry

RPName of Club Leader: Felix Aomatsu

Discord Tag: hye#2148

Club name of the club you are apply for the leadership position: Journalism Club

Why should you become a club leader over other applicants, what abilities or ideas do you have that could benefit the club you'll be in charge of?:
As an already existing member and one of our senior journalists, I have a pretty good idea on how things run in the club currently so I believe I should be able to run things normally as it does currently and keep things all in check. If I do end up as the next lead, I do plan to continue the plans made by Mxxkie like the idea we discussed with demurity in our last club meeting before starting new things. However, a plan I do have for the club could possibly include journalism school events as we haven't done those in a long time; before I myself was in the club and possibly changing some things so the discord is also neater.

CLUB INFORMATION

What is your motivation for becoming the new leader of this club:
I first applied for this club on the 13th of July and got accepted three days later. From then, I've been in the club for a bit over 5 months now and I'm so glad to still be one of their members. I originally joined journalism as a hobby within SRP since I had a lot of free time during my summer break. After I came back from break, I still hadn't left the club cause I really liked being in the club and doing the reports was honestly really fun. I'd like to think my motivation for becoming the new club leader is to try and regrow the club like Mxxkie did when he first became the club leader. I'm hoping the club can thrive like it did when I first did with a good amount of reports a month, I'm thinking maybe 2 or 3 because now it's getting pretty inactive with most of our members being busy and stuff.

What activities will the club do?:

CLUB MEMBER ONLY ACTIVITY

We usually don't do a lot of activities since we're the journalism club and we mainly just do reports. However, if I was to make an activity, I'm thinking of maybe an interview spree. It would work like this: The participating journalists have one goal. To interview as many people they can around town. They could decide between two choices, an already pre-made list of interview questions with mild challenges to it, orrrrr, they could make their own list of questions. They'd go around the map, searching for people to ask the questions. After maybe 30 minutes to an hour, maybe more (around the same amount of time for a normal club meeting) we meet up back at the club room and just have a small go-around chat about who we've interviewed and stuff like that!

SCHOOL CLUB EVENT
From what Mxxkie had told us, our club has no requirements for school-wide/server-wide events. However, I've mentioned possibly implementing some club events into our club. A possible idea I have for that could be: Journalists would get on stage and do a fun reenaction of an interview! We could interview the SLT members on stage or simply random students in the crowd. During random times of the interview, we'd have a journalist hidden in the crowd and pick them up to continue the interview. So how it would go could be Student A is being interviewed by Journalist A. Journalist B would be in the crowd, picking out a random student, we'll call Student B. Student B would be led onto the stage and replacing Student A. Student B would have to be listening to the interview itself to know the information needed for some of the next few questions. If Student B wasn't paying attention to Student A's information, they'd simply lose. For example, if Journalist A was asking a question about a previous answer from Student A, Student B would have to know what they answered. Once they lose, a Student C would be pulled out by another journalist, Journalist C! If we do get the oppurtunity, we could also do the same with the journalist interviewing the student, switching out the journalist with another and seeing if they were paying attention.

How will the club benefit the School?: Well this club has been here for a while now! A Journalist is kind of like a Mini-Reporter! A journalist could write in their own preferred style and write about things going on with the school or even the students out of school. Hell, they could write about random stuff. Journalism Club is kind of like a hobby club, like I described previously, is how I joined the club. The club is a way of also spreading information or just getting a laugh. An example would be like the N-Blade report made by one of our journalists as an informational post. Another one could be 'How To Study' or 'How to Deal With Stress'. Those are examples of reports that spread information. Reports that are just there for joke-wise or getting a laugh, making people laugh include 'Journalists in The Wild', 'Rooftop Theory', or 'Beauty Vlog'. These reports are just a fun way to get a good laugh.

What will be the requirements for future members, if any?: If I am going to be the future club-leader, I think I want to lower the quota to 1-2 reports every TWO months rather than one considering I can tell many of our members are quite busy and I don't want any stress being put onto them. They're more than free to do the same 1-2 reports every month but this change is simply to relieve them from any mental stress. I'm also possibly thinking of changing the format to see what their style of writing is and what their current plan for joining the club is. If I am allowed to, I will probably increase the highschool roster maximum to 7 rather than 5 if Mxxkie hasn't already since we are getting much more highschool applications than college applications. The process for posting reports will probably stay relatively the same; the report would be pre-checked by the club-leader to see if it's up for posting and then the journalists are free to post when they get the confirmation. Allowing the Senior Journalists to confirm the reports is also a plan I have in mind since the Senior Journalists don't have must to do in the club other than helping with new events and such, which won't be all the time.

Last edited:

Demurity

Level 35
Accepted!
Congratulations, you've been accepted to lead the Journalism Club. DM me at sophia#3114 for your roles to be set up.

Users who are viewing this thread