OOC SECTION
GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft Username?:

My username is Mxxkie.

What is your timezone?:
EST (Eastern Standard).

Please provide your Discord tag:
My Discord tag is Mxxkie1975.

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server (Approved, Denied & Pending):
Moderator Application #2 (Accepted)
Lore Team Application (Accepted)
Lore Team Reapplication (Accepted)
Col. Councillor Application #2 (Accepted)
Col. Councillor Application #3 (Accepted)
Journalist Application submitted via dms (Accepted)
Korean Lang. Application (Accepted)
Malagasy Lang. Application (Accepted)
Col. Councillor Application#1 (Denied)
Culinary Teacher Application (Denied)
Officer Application#1 (Denied)
Moderator Application (Denied)
Police Intern Application (Accepted)
(Wxxkie)
Governor Application (Accepted)
Governor #2 Application (Accepted)
Culinary Professor Application (Accepted)
Spanish Lang. Application (Accepted)
Media Team Application (Denied)
(Fxxkie)
Culinary Professor Application (Accepted)
Malagasy Lang. Application (Denied)

Describe your activity on the server:

I have been involved with RPH for nearly seven years, however, I’ve actively engaged with it for about four. During my time, I have had countless roles of both responsibility and leadership. Though I haven’t been as active these days, my attention mostly going towards school, with the summer and changes in my personal life, I can be more active.

List your accounts and roles on this server:

Fxxkie- Adult
Wxxkie- Adult
Mxxkie- College

Are you aware that inactivity can result in removal from the council?:
I am well aware, and I will be sure to do the right thing if and when the time comes that my attention must be directed elsewhere.​

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council and what do they do?:

The student council is a group composed of both high school and college students. Together, they work to make the school a better place. This includes overseeing detention and disciplinary actions against rulebreakers, planning and executing school-wide events, and overall being an ear to the student body, its vessel, and its voice.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
Quite frankly, I miss the collaborative experience. I miss planning events, executing those ideas, and working alongside talented and brilliant colleagues and peers. I served as a councillor in the past. For the around seven or so years that I have been within the community, a good four-to-five of them revolved around council work. I served on both the high school and college councils, as well as the TC lead, a potential high school Vice President candidate, the interim high school President, the college Vice President, and the college President. During my time with the council, especially the latter half, I excelled in leadership and collaboration, and though the council is currently in capable hands, and I have little-to-no intention of circumventing that, I would love to help direct an event again, and do what I can do to boost the council even further.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
I am very aware, and I’m excited to do so!

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:
President
- The President’s role, at least in my book, is to not only lead and delegate, but to also listen. The best leaders listen to those they work alongside, not above as some would put it, along with the student populace overall. As a President, you should be in the know-how, whether that involves the greater school, or in regards to the councillors that work alongside you. Presidents mediate and direct the flow of thoughtful discussion when it comes to council debates and ideation. They assist councillors in realizing their true potentials, and champion them. They let their voices and concerns be heard, and respond to those discussions appropriately. Furthermore, they should aim to leave behind a legacy. One of lasting change. Everything that a President does, they do for the betterment of the council.

Vice President- To me, the Vice President not only acts as a second-in-”command”, but as the future President. They should make the effort to adhere to their President, while also listening to their council. This is a pivotal role, as the councillors they work beside will be the ones they will lead some day. Vice Presidents are personable, diligent, and share the burden of leadership with their President. Furthermore, some menial tasks may fall to the Vice President’s jurisdiction. For example, rosters, activity planning, settling squabbles and debates amongst councillors, and acting as a President’s eyes and ears when needed.

Councillor- The Councillor, what everyone on the council has been or is, is the most important role. They make up the majority of the council, each unique in their own right, and with these special relations, they act as differing points of contact between students and the council. A good council is a diverse one. Members who are also in clubs, or teams, or other roles within the server can come together to share their knowledge, and therefore become more versatile and stronger.​

IC SECTION
SCENARIOS

While students gather for a school assembly, one student behaves disruptively, causing a disturbance. How would you manage the situation to restore order effectively while minimizing any additional disruptions to the assembly?

Considering I know many of my peers, I think I would take a bit of a joking approach, and call them out by name. A simple, “hey, Tomoki, knock it off,” or a “pay attention, Azula.”. However, if the disruption continues, I would confront them one on one, remove them from the assembly if possible, and talk it over with them. I believe in second chances, and I will give as many outs as possible before resorting to punishment. If punishment is needed, I would either bar them from entering the assembly, take them back to the council room, or assign detention.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?

I would inform my fellow councillors of the situation and give chase. If I lose them, or they refuse to stop, I will contact a faculty member or SLT if it comes to it.

A teacher observes concerning behavior from a student, including the creation of disturbing artwork and verbal threats toward peers. How would you collaborate with the teacher to evaluate the situation and intervene appropriately to address potential safety concerns?

If there is a disruption of such scale in a class, I would offer our council room as an alternative place to take the misbehaving student. Teachers oversee so much, and the last thing they need is to be burdened by a student. However, in the classroom, it is the teacher’s jurisdiction, and so I would adhere to them. However, they would like to go about the situation, along with providing my own thought process if applicable.

A group of students asks for your permission to stage a protest on school grounds. Would you allow them to protest? If so, how do you ensure that the protest does not disrupt the school environment while upholding their freedom of expression?

I would first encourage them to meet with the greater council so we could streamline their message, if it’s reasonable, and present a more refined take to SLT. However, if protest is a must, I would schedule it appropriately, inform the greater council, and ensure we have councillors on standby, watching over the protest with vigil. We don’t need a disaster, and so we would take all the steps necessary to prevent one.

A teacher/receptionist has told you that you are doing something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?

I would ask them to cite a specific rule or training, and if they cannot, I would pay them little mind. If they are insistent, I will explain my thought process and if they still can’t take that for an answer, I would suggest they contact said higher ups for discussion.

Please provide at least one detailed event that the council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity!:

Fairytale Themed Summer Ball

When was the last time we had a ball? A night to dress up and have some fun with friends and family, and though Fright Night is just months away, who doesn’t like to cosplay? I propose a fairytale ball. Attendees will dress up as their favorite fairytale character, and games could include guessing said character. Council will dress as knights, stationed around the ball to oversee. The Presidents, kings or queens, the Vice Presidents, princes or princesses. It will be medieval themed with great draping red curtains, feasting tables, jousting, a petting pen, dramas and comedies. Though ambitious, attendees would enter a horse drawn carriage, a sign inside just like tournament buses, and teleport to just beyond a drawbridge moat. It would lead into an impromptu castle, the gym, complete with massive faux stone walls put up against the outside. It’s all ambitious, but the best events are! And what’s the harm in trying something a bit challenging? Vendors will be set up, and possibly even an exclusive item or two sold.. Like one of the horses on a stick thing. If accepted to the council, I would aim to have this event held by mid august at the latest. It gives more than enough time to plan, build, and for tailors to make skins.​

Personal Information
(in character)

Name:

My name is Keiko Aldridge, but everyone calls me Mookie!

Phone number:
My phone number is: (030)- 559-3651.

How would you describe your personality?:
I’d say I’m pretty laid back, but I’m able to kick it into gear when I have to. Uhm.. oh! I’ve got a green thumb, and I can bake- and sew, sooo I’m a bit multifaceted in that regard. I love to multitask, and I work well under pressure. My mom says I’m a natural born leader, but I didn’t really think much of it until I led journalism, council, and served as a captain for the revamped baseball teams. I love a good joke too! I’ve got a whole book of puns! You wanna hear them?

Appearance/attire:
Full Disclaimer: I am NOT a photographer

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
That’s a tricky one, I guess I would say experience! I served on the council for basically my entire run at Karakura High all the way up through its college! I also served as interim President for the high school council, Vice President for the college council, and President for the college council as well. I put together a team of strong individuals, and together we revised the council, made it stronger, and had fun while doing it! I think my past experience with the council separates me from others applying.

Why do you want this position?:
I love working with others! Being a councillor is so complex and rewarding! You get to meet so many people, do so many fun things, and contribute to something bigger than yourself. And you don’t have to do it for notoriety like in a team, or to put on a resume like a club, you do it for the soul, and I think that’s pretty neat!

What interests you the most about student council?:
Along with hosting events, getting to know my fellow councillor, and keeping the school safe, I have to say probably getting to see what’s gone on without me. I’m excited to see how the current leadership moved along with their plans and ideations.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
I will contribute my presence. When people see us, realize we’re there, a relationship is formed. Bullies and troublemakers will think twice about acting out, sports teams can be reinvigorated, and everyone wins.​

jaaaayla

Level 219
Council Lead
Jaeyla
Jaeyla
Fundraiser+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for applying. Congratulations on your application being accepted. Please ping @[Dean] gotsnapped in ⁠#help channel in KA Discord for your roles. If you have any questions, you're welcome to message me at jawhyla on Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread