What is your Minecraft Username?:

Prizebox

Past warns/kicks/bans?:
1 Ban "advertising", it was an issue with an old IGN

What is your timezone?:
EST

Please provide your Discord tag and Identifier (ExampleName#0001):
prizebox.us

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server (Approved, Denied & Pending):
NOTE: I had 2 forum accounts, Prizebox is my active one.

Denied applications

Event Team
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ogmint-event-team-application.54980/

Lore Team
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ogmint-lore-team-application.48548/

Shopkeeper
http://schoolrp.net/threads/ogmints-shop-application.47923/

Lawyer
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lawyer-ogmints-application.47200/

Media Team
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ogmints-media-team-application.45351/

Judge
https://schoolrp.net/threads/judge-prizeboxs-application.44904/

Reporter
https://schoolrp.net/threads/scarybooks-reporter-app.67196/

KPD
https://schoolrp.net/threads/sweetkind-kpd-application.50043/

BMD
(Old Forums conversion application format)

Priest
https://schoolrp.net/threads/neos-priest-application.42486/

Accepted applications

Teacher
http://schoolrp.net/threads/neos-art-teacher-application.42682/

Professor
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ogmint-professor-application.49882/

Describe your activity on the server:
I've become fairly active lately in the past few months trying to find some fun interactions, usually online 4 to 5 hours a day between accounts. I have a total playtime of 1,530 hours.

List your accounts and roles on this server:
ScaryBook - Adult/bird
Prizebox - college B/Fish
JoyPill - grade 11
Stresscat - Cat

Are you aware that inactivity can result in removal from the council?:
Yes, it's understandable.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council and what do they do?:

The council works alongside the school faculty to enforce the school rules to maintain a healthy environment and help school events go smoothly as well as planning and suggesting other events.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
After taking a few months' break from the server, I ran into the problem of having to reintroduce myself to the server, looking for new friends and a faction to join, I only have experience working in the faculty faction for about a year and a half, so I believe that I would be a good fit in a similar position hoping for new and fun interactions as a council member between students and faculty.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
Yes, I'm hoping to be able to contribute and interact more with the school community.

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:

Council President
They are the lead of the council of their respective education level HS or college, they are the ones who host meetings and schedule them, as well as being a leader for the rest of the members and represent them.

Vice president
They are the second member in charge of the council group, they are the ones who take over the duties of the president during their absence and help them manage the council.

Training Committee
Their focus is to train the new members of the council teaching them how to manage certain situations, how to use their authority correctly, answer their questions, and learn the ropes of the role.

Council members
The members of the council are the pillars that hold their role up, they are to contribute to meetings, help execute events along with planning them, enforce school rules to maintain a healthy school environment, and support their president, vice president, and students.

Faculty
The school faculty will always be the adults, they have more authority than the student council, and is important to maintain good communication with them.

IC SECTION
SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?

I would maintain composure and stand between the two to avoid the argument getting physical and attempt to calm them down to get an explanation of what started the situation and resolve the problem.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
I would alert the rest of the council and the faculty about the student to avoid a long chase around the school.

There seems to be a councillor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
I would try to take over the situation in a friendly manner to avoid any argument with the fellow councilor at the moment and learn about what the problem is with the student. Once the situation has been resolved, I would bring up the concern about the councilor abusing their power to the President or vice president.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
I could simply ask anyone from the council about it or the president, we are a team so there shouldn't be an issue with this unless it's an issue about straight-up not paying attention to meetings in which case they will have to be called out on it.

A teacher/receptionist has told you that you are doing something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?
I would apologize and get as much information about it from the faculty member as possible to then ask my higher-ups about it to get a better understanding of what I did wrong and, if so to improve. In the event of the faculty member being incorrect, then I would give them the information given to me by my higher-ups and explain if needed.

Please provide atleast one detailed event that the council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more for one event):
ECO-Festival

Time:
During School

Decorations:
The baseball field will be decorated full of plants, flowers, bushes, small trees in pots, and vines, aiming for a lively garden look.

Green Market:
A stand will be found in the garden showcasing many different plants, as well as gardening tools and eco-friendly items. This stand could be hosted by the school gardening club for activity or by local businesses to support them, or both, it would include more players to be a part of the festival.

Seminars:
A small stage will be built where a teacher or professor with a subject associated with the festival can host a lecture or talk to the students about the environment.
A governor or the mayor could be invited to give a speech about the environment or talk about any future proposals the government has to help the environment in town.

Art contest:
If the art plugin is functioning at the moment, A contest can be held, the players will have a section with canvases for them to be able to create art on the theme of nature. At the end of the event, the council will vote on the best one, and the winner will get a prize that will be decided by the council, which could be yen, an item, or have their art posted somewhere in school for some time.

Wildlife corner:
To showcase the local wildlife, some animals will be allowed to enter an area of the garden, players will be able to enter the area to interact with these animals. Players will be allowed to bring their pets into this area as well and show off some tricks they've taught them. This will become a hotspot/social spot for animals during the event, with the section being suitable for every type of animal, including a small tank. With the increasing number of animal players, it shouldn't be an issue to find them participating.

Solar Power Showcase:
A stand will be placed showcasing solar panels and their benefits along with any possible local manufacturers in town. With hopes of implementing solar panels in the server, which will allow buildings such as apartment complexes, towers, and houses to have new solar panels added to their empty rooftops, these panels will preferably be 3D modeled furniture, if not, they will be built with common blocks. This could align well with the seminar as a proposal to supply the town with a more reliable source of energy, as well as a workaround for the destruction of the power plant and its current state.

Personal Information
(in character)

Name:

Coralina Torres

Phone number:
(030)-118-3834
How would you describe your personality?:
I would describe myself as a blend of passivity, curiosity, and carefulness. The way I always remain calm helps avoid any sparks that affect my mental health and allows me to make clear decisions. My curiosity drives me to see what can be done in the council, along with events, to see far from our limits and find out how far can we get. Finally, my careful nature is reflected in my view of situations, perspectives, and attention to detail. I believe these qualities would contribute to the council, fostering a supportive and diverse team.

Appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):
Im 5'7 ft, I have a somewhat athletic build since I try to take care of my body. Brown eyes, chestnut brown hair that I often have tied in practical ponytails. I try my best to present myself with a good sense of style and a methodical mindset that's approachable.
val pic.png

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:

I'm a good student, I've never been in detention much less suspended. I also study psychology a lot, so I believe it helps give me a better understanding of human behavior. But most importantly, I have the wish to help students, to work with them, and give them a voice to make the school a much more enjoyable experience.

Why do you want this position?:
I want to help the community of students and the few members that are currently in the college council with their mission and make school more fun.

What interests you the most about student council?:
What interests me the most is their important role in the lifestyle of students and their authority that allows them to help them more and improve their experience with the council. It's an opportunity to contribute to the college community, as well my curiosity draws me into it.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
I'll work with the students to keep things fair for everyone and avoid detention, making it a last resort to gain trust and give a sense of safety to students instead of being someone they have to be careful around. I would also talk to the students about what they would like to do in school when it comes to events and bring their ideas up to the council to give the other students a chance to see their ideas being executed.​

Last edited:

jaaaayla

Level 199
Council Lead
Jaeyla
Jaeyla
Fundraiser+
ACCEPTED

Welcome to the College Council! Please ping @[Dean] gotsnapped in #help in the KA Discord for your roles.

Users who are viewing this thread