Notable

KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
craigorey

Discord Name & Tag:
@losercuck

Previous bans:
One ban for Player Harassment, Failure to report rule breaking and Instigating drama for around 14 days.

Describe your activity on the server:
Very active, I'm on the highschool football team so I am mostly on my other account, craigithy. I have been playing since 2019, with a few long breaks here and there.

Which timezone are you in?
EST

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
I have also been on highschool football 3 times, the swim team two times, track once, baseball once, and have passed ic exams to become a college student.

What is your motivation for applying?:
I want to get into KPD. That is it. I could say I want to better my roleplay experience, or that I would want to stop gang role-players, but in reality I just want to get on the force. I wand to see the changes that have been made since I last was in the faction, and I will rejoin it. I am showing that i REAALLLYYYY want to obtain this role, as this is my fourth time trying to get back in, and I will continue to apply until I either get in. I may or may not also use these as a way to better my typing and writing skills, as well as bettering my application skills. My motivation for applying hasn’t changed much from the older applications, as I want to continue to experience the faction of the KPD, as I still heavily love PoliceRP and would like to continue doing so.

My first time as a cadet was super fun, and I would love to experience that again, relearn stuff I forgot I needed to do, and attend all the exciting events that the KPD goes through.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
I have a vast amount of knowledge of the force, all of which I’ve explained in depth in my past applications. Things have changed more than likely, but that is always something I could relearn and bloom upon. I will not be going in depth in my current application, instead grazing upon the things I have learned over the months of research I've been doing while I've tried to apply for KPD. I know that you have to deal with reports at the front desk as a cadet, go through various stages of training with multiple trainers, taking mugshots, and that you cannot go out on a patrol by yourself nowadays because you could easily get picked off or killed.

The biggest thing that officers do is protect the citizens, control crazy situations, and to bust in character criminals. In general, they’re there for mostly public safety, and to maintain a good look publicly to ensure most crime doesn’t get committed. What makes a good officer is Accountability, Strength, Communication, Quick thinking, Courage, Resilience, and finally Honesty.

That is just the surface of what I know, as I know codes, protocols, and much more. I would love to learn much more if I get accepted, and I welcome new information with open arms on how things have changed and such. I have thought about it, and as i originally stated, I will not be going over the ranks or what things officers obtain/get at each rank, instead I will solely focus on protocols I know and codes and such.

- Protocols -

Tasers
Officers MUST be careful when handling their tasers as they can cause some serious damage, even fatal if used incorrectly. I know this firsthand because when I used to be a officer, I ended up in a situation that nearly cost both my characters attacker and my character's life; and we had to redo said situation multiple times in order to rule out my use of taser in the sewer's waters. Majority of the time, Tasers are to be out at all times when near dangerous areas, such as the sewers, powerplant, or down dangerously marked areas gang activity is high in! You're able to use it if a criminal is trying to get away, and a misuse of said taser is easily a free trial for the person affected by it wrongly, and can easily land an officer in jail having to pay a huge sum of money that they probably don't have. Although there are situations where Tasers are needed, there are just as many where they aren't needed, such as walking around normally on a patrol, as you might not want to seem hostile towards people doing their daily routines.

Dangerous Situations / Areas
There are some areas where criminal activity is more high than others, and officers need to have their tasers drawn out at all times, and in some cases if they need, their guns only to make sure both the officer and their patrol partner is safe. In these areas, you are to make sure no gang activity is going on, and need to be cautious at all times, having your body camera on in general to capture if anything goes wrong.

Patting someone down
An officer patting someone down with their patrol partner with them should ask said suspect to face the wall, then they can approach them from behind with their taser in hand after actioning to take it out. The patrol partner(s) should cover the officer doing the pat-down’s back (six) with tasers out after actioning to do so in order to ensure they are safe while doing the pat down.

If an officer is alone, they need to ask the suspect to face the wall, action to move behind them after they've actioned to pull their taser out, then swap the positions with at least a semi-detailed action so that the suspect is facing away from the officer; so the officer can still pat them down and have their back protected from any gang members trying to murder them.

MISC
There are two main formations from what I remember being taught. One was the formation where I described above, and the second one is basically a ring around another officer for protection or civilian/culprit. This is mostly used in bigger patrol groups, or when there is a hunt being done on a person.

CCTV (Closed Circuit Television)
CCTV are cameras around diffferent areas, where fellow cops can watch through them to see any criminal activity. During a man-hunt, an officer (most likely a Cadet) will end up checking and updating their co-workers on the whereabouts of said criminal(s). CCTV helps make sure crime rates will be lower, considering if someone was to do something bad, it would be recorded and they would be caught, so they don’t tend to do anything heinous where cameras are and so those places are deemed 'safe'.

- Duties -

Front Desk
People working the front desk have quite a few things they’re able to do that aid the public. One of these would be taking reports from people to file against others, whether it be against someone for abuse, having a weapon, or other things that are against the law. It's the officer’s job to search them and bring them in for questioning, to fill a report then put it into the reports chest that their co-workers or detectives may look over and solve. Bails are another thing that is done, if someone comes in and asks to bail someone, they should ask for the name of the person being bailed, state the amount their bail is for, and then proceed to get the money before ‘releasing’ said character. Afterwards they are to pay the arresting officer the amount they were paid from the bail that was paid.

Patrols
With how... crime infested Karakura is, patrols are often done by cops in groups of two or more. Majority of the time it is denied asking to go out alone, or it is highly frowned upon doing so because of it being easier to get picked off, even with a Glock to protect yourself. Usually a patrol route would be where the public areas are at, and during patrols you would be searching for masked individuals, or in other patrol routes others would be in the less visited areas to try and catch crimes happening when it's least expected. Officers on patrol should be looking for jaywalkers, drunk citizens and suspicious or dangerous things happening. Patrols help the citizens know that the KPD is doing their job, therefore making them feel safer, as well as it would make criminals not act out as much considering the police could possibly be around the corner at any moment, ready to bust them for doing any crimes. Patrols in general serve as a key role in the way the KPD operates, as it is a way Cadets can also learn without doing training. It is hands-on experience for everybody in general, and with each patrol you get more experience.

Mugshots
Officers who make arrests have the option to give their inmates mugshots. If they choose to do so, they would tell the inmate to go to the wall and cuff them. After the inmate is secured, they must bring them to the room where you take mugshots at, and direct them to face forward then to the wall. If the inmate doesn’t comply, they simply do not need to get a mugshot and just get arrested without one being posted.

I may know this much, but there is a ton more I would be able to know if I was accepted. With roleplay, Cadet training, and on-duty activities helping me learn, I could expand my knowledge more.
Police Codes
I will be talking about police codes and what they mean. I am only going over the main few that universally mean the same thing altogether and I won’t be going over ones that mean different crimes.
• 10-4 understood / acknowledged.
• 10-8 responding to a call.
• 10-16 disregard / ignore previous call.
• 10-19 - return to the station.
•10-20 - asking for location.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
Police are important to SchoolRP for roleplay balances. Without officers in game, the gang roleplay would either spiral out of control with no consequence, or it would fail, causing the black market industry to fail as well. There would be more stress on the teachers, professors, and in general, and EMS wouldn’t get as many calls or be able to get out of the hospital. Trials the government faction host wouldn’t be protected, and something violent could happen as a result of that. It is also important because so many people want to play the role as a officer, its fun and that is also why I am applying again!! Others can see it's fun and they'd enjoy it as well, so they also are applying.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I understand.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Yes, I acknowledge this!

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I acknowledge this!

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

An unknown male walked into the room, although he might’ve been slightly recognized.. To one person. “Hello. I’m here for the interview? I’d like to apply for the position available.”

He pulled out a chair, the furniture making a louuud squeak. After waiting for the supervisor of his interview to walk in, he’d bow, then sit down in the chair, maintaining a firm position of body language.

The male would wait a minute or so before talking, before a strong scratchy voice spoke out.

“My name is Toma Tadashi. Nice to meet you. ”

Character's age (if accepted):
“I have just turned 26. I’m youthful.”
A light chuckle emanated from Toma, his finger tapping on the chair he rested in.

Character's gender & pronouns:
“I am a Male and go by He/Him pronouns.”

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

He slid his degrees across the table, at the supervisor. A slight adjustment of the collar to his shirt was enough to ease his nerves.
“I have a Highschool Degree, and a Bachelors.”

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
“I only know English other than Japanese, but I am looking into learning more languages down the line with studying.”

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Toma got up, his tired eyes fluttering at the supervisor questioning him. He gave a very slow turn around, his entire figure being able to be read with just that.

A disheveled male, his hair is completely black as if it was the remains of burned trunks from a forest fire. His eyes would always look drained of that sparkle he always used to have, instead replaced with malice and anger. . as if his soul was on fire. The sides of his head dawned a singular ear, as the other had seemingly been cut off. Gross scarring being hidden by his hair. A small scar was on his cheek, as well as a thick scar on his lower thigh, moreso near his knee than anything.. It looked as if he was in many battles before, proving how resilient he truly was.

(OLD) Description 1;
His black and blue dyed hair matching with his 'Emo' style of dress causes him to stand out a bit more in a crowd. His copious amounts of eyeliner and makeup he wears to make himself look like a vampire also stands out.

(OLD) Description 2;
A 6'6 Japanese male with soft yet messy black hair. His build was average, not too buff, yet not too skinny. He had a few ear piercings, and snakebites. His scent wasn't disgusting, rather it was seemingly sweet. . unlike his personality.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
“I am very professional in any situation, unless it is family matters or non-work related things. I am fairly loose in both of those areas, and calm.”

Due to his newly rekindled belief in Shintoism, he is very respectful during professional situations. He enjoys the harmony of a good and professional workspace, as it equals out his casual life. His casual life is fairly different however, as he often spirals out of emotional control due to his PTSD of getting his ear cut off. His home life is full of medication and sadness, so he gives it his all when he is able to portray the role of someone who is well kept and very respected at the workplace.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
He gave a warm smile, fidgeting with his fingers.. It seemed the anxiety was starting to get at him during the interview.

“I enjoy teamwork and help from co-workers, as being an Officer isn’t a job for just one person.. You don’t see one officer on patrol ever, or one officer busting criminals and arresting them, it’s always two or more. It’s GOT to have a buddy system.”

Toma likes to keep an open mind about everything, never rejecting a new idea. He’s very nice to those around him, as he understands what it feels like to get his ideas shot down, and knows first-hand what it feels like for nobody to take account his view on a topic. He enjoys working with others, and would much rather be with others than by himself unless it is direly needed.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
Toma clasped his hands together, resting them in his lap politely. He seemed a bit hesitant to answer honestly, but decided it was the best.

“I am personally a follower. I easily get frazzled over an intense situation where I have to take control, especially if it is a life or death situation. I couldn’t even fathom being the reason someone dies, the guilt would eat me alive. So, your answer is I am indeed a follower.”

Toma won’t take leadership position whatsoever, the idea of someone dying under his command is so worrisome to him that he gets sick over it. He’d much rather be a follower, but over time I plan on making this change, and he will blossom into a better leader, and would prefer leadership over being a follower because his entire life he’s been a follower, he's just afraid to step out of his comfort zone and keeps making up excuses.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)

As the train slowly came to a stop, a male stepped off the train. He was 18, and he was ready to live on his own without his parents hovering over him and telling him everything he needed to do in life.. . his career goals, his aspirations, he could finally decide that himself, and align his own fate.

After a few days getting to know a few people here and there as a new face, he saw the poster the Highschool Football Male team put up, as they were looking for new people to join their team. Excitement bloomed in the black haired male’s stomach, as this was just the popularity breakthrough he needed! He wasn’t popular in his old schools, or anywhere in all honesty.. It was a thing he could nearly get, but was just out of reach. Endless hours of practice eventually landed him on the opposite team, and he was livid about it. After meeting his entire team, the cheer team, getting to know them well enough, he found himself in the clutches of a Spartan Male, the College Football team had decided to abduct one of his teammates.. it was time for the new face to really get a name, right? This was his opportunity.

Upon arriving at the house, he had somehow ended up in the same room as a fellow teammate, Maxim Koji. Everything was a blur, he couldn't remember much, but within the same hour he was holding an unnamed Spartan Male in his arms.. in a warm embrace. The two of them stayed like that as Maxim was thrown out of the house, but during their embrace, the new face had finally given his name.

"Hey.. I'm Toma Tadashi.. and you are?"

"Georgia Saionji. Get off me, dude!"

From that day on. Toma eventually started to build a 'relationship' with Georgia, although it was secret.. nobody knew but them both. It was fun, for a while, until things got more.. complicated. Toma had been kicked from the team, and Georgia wasn't around all that much anymore for him. Jealousy and rage began to build up in Tadashi's mind, his entire plan of secretly dating the male falling under his own feet, he felt betrayed and hurt when Georgia admitted to messing with someone else, and so eventually all that love slowly brewed into hatred and betrayal. It was only a few weeks after cutting things off with Georgia, that he had left town, fleeing from the College he had just gotten accepted into for the same man who had hurt him so.

From that day on, he vowed to never get heartbroken again. Never again will someone hurt him like Georgia, like his ex girlfriend, like his friends who weren't there for him when he needed it most.

That was until he came back, but under a new alias.. The cycle repeated, but instead of being on Football, he was on college track. He didn't know why he came back to the godforsaken town, but he looked completely different, acted completely different. His old Identity of Toma Tadashi has been wiped away, never to be seen again. . it was refreshing.

Everything had been going to plan, not dating anyone, getting more popular, until the bullying started to happen again. This time it was absolutely worse than ever. Being pushed down the stairs, curb stomped, beaten, things poured on him, being forced to drink vomit-water, and finally being shoved in lockers.. it all happened in one day. One singular day, he had broken his ribs, his wrist, and busted his lip open in so many ways his face didn't even look recognizable. Toma felt as if he had to do some sort of payback, so he had marched on over to his old team house, rage and malice lacing every action he was doing. Once the door was opened, he greeted a member with a warm fist to the nose, stepping in the house to beat him.. little did he know that was one of the worst things he could've ever done.

The result of him stepping into that house, had landed him with flesh broken at his temple, and a dark bruise around his throat where Harley Bex had choked him. His ribs were even more fucked up, and as he woke up pain coursed through his entire body.. It was surprising how much pain one man could feel.

Skipping various hospital visits, therapy appointments, and him leaving his team, he had landed himself pretty lucky when He saw Cassie Collins in the sewers! He didn't have any beef with her, and truth be told, he was sorta lost.. Cassie had told him to follow her, and they ended up at 11/7, where Toma had waited behind the store. Without warning, Cassie had disappeared, and instead a masked person came up behind him and wacked him over the skull with a bat, causing him to fall unconscious.

After Tadashi woke up he looked around the bland, white room he was in, a whine of discomfort leaving him. He took a look at his own limbs, seeing he had been coated in blood.. it wasn't his. A fear and dread started to overflow inside of Toma, and he began to cry. Why him? Was he going to die? He didn't know. A horrible amount of torture was endured, and eventually the poor boy had passed out from the sheer amount of pain. Cuts, bruises, everything littered his poor body, and something was taken from him. .
As he became conscious in the ER, he had to learn about the fact his ear was cut off. He would've lost 50% hearing in that ear, and his nerves were damaged near there. From that day on, he left town.. and never came back.. until....!

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?
Toma coughed a bit, adjusting his tie once more.
No, you cannot. It is commonly known amongst Karakura’s citizens that they would be arrested for carrying one.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription

Toma pushed forwards a few papers and notes, showing his credibility from the Hospital's website. A smirk spread on his face, as he explained what each thing does, its side effects, and how much they cost.

NAME OF MEDICAL ITEMMEDICAL ITEM'S USEMEDICAL ITEM'S SIDE EFFECTS
Eyepatch (Maximum of two) - ¥5,000
A wrappable bandage that is used to cover and
protect the eye.
N/A
Multivitamins (Maximum of five) - ¥3,500
Treats vitamin deficiencies that are caused by poor dietary choices, disorders with your digestion,
and fills in missing nutrition in a person's diet.
N/A
Wooden Cane (Maximum of two) - ¥7,000
An assistive cane to help those with mobility
issues.

N/A
Cough Syrup (Maximum of two) - ¥6,000
A syrup that is used to relieve coughing,
sneezing, and other cold-related symptoms.
Blurred vision, Drowsiness, Trouble sleeping,
Nausea/Vomiting, Headaches, or Dizziness.
Melatonin (Maximum of three) - ¥3,000Helps treat sleeping issues, and can help with insomnia.
Itchiness, Drowsiness, Headaches,
Restlessness, Nausea, Dry mouth, Dizziness, Irritability, or Strange dreams.

Toma took the papers back, neatly placing them in a pile besides himself.

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
I would make it my top priority to remove my co-worker(s) from said inmate, and get them medical attention as soon as possible to check if they are having any internal issues, as well as turn in my body-cam footage as I would’ve already had it turned on upon hearing the yells and noise.

Toma would scramble up the stairs quickly, turning on his body-camera and unlocking the door. He’d separate the two individuals fighting, calling for EMS to get to the station ASAP. After further examination and scolding he’d give to his co-worker(s), he would turn his body-cam footage to a higher up.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
“I would pull out my taser and radio for backup, then I would tase the assaulter and detain them. I wouldn’t call EMS until I cuff the assaulter, then search them so there is no way anything bad is going into that cell with them. They will be arrested, and the patrol we are on will be canceled, and we will return to the station after the whole situation is finally dealt with and the officer is confirmed to not have any issues.”

When Tadashi sees his co-worker being assaulted, he’d unholster his taser, and tase the attacker to stop them from causing further damage. His body-cam would’ve already recorded the assault, as he radios for backup in case there's any more attackers waiting for them to show weakness, cuffing said detainee and placing them under arrest for assault on a government official, calling for EMS to meet up and make sure his fellow co-worker isn't internally bleeding or anything of the sorts, and if there is no hospital trips that need to be made he will make his co-worker go back to the station with him, and register the criminal into the system.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
“I would gather as much evidence as I could, if there even is any.. I know some people rarely slip up.. But anyways, I would try to weed out who else is also in on it, it’s like a game of chess.. I’d see what was being done, how bad the corruption in the station is, and if it went as far up as Captain or Detective Superintendent, or even the Commissioner, I would go to the Mayor or Government workers to help the force weed out those who are corrupt!”

Toma would gather as much evidence as he could, mostly information on who else was corrupt in the Station, before replaying it to a higher-up. If the higher-ups are also corrupted, he would go ask the mayor for help in defeating the corruption in the system, hoping the mayor wasn’t corrupted.. Or a part of the plan. (Mike Akihito and the entire Akihito Family are standing flags for this worry)

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
“I would already be arresting someone, no? So I would just add it to their charges. Sure, I’d give them a warning, but I’m not a nice cop. It’s going on there anyways. . but if I was to be giving them a fine and they tried bribing me, I would of course add the fine for bribery onto the current fine they already have to pay, and if they cannot pay I would be forced to arrest them.”

Toma would raise his hand up in a stop motion, and politely ask them to stop. If they continued he would fine them or add the charges to their arrest. If they again cannot pay a fine, he will arrest them.

Toma let a heavy sigh leave his throat, as he'd gather all his papers back up. He wiped some hair from his face, before bowing in a polite way to the Supervisor of his interview. As soon as he came in, he left, the scent of roses still swirling around in the room.

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to give you a chance at becoming part of our faction!​

WHAT NOW?
-
In order to proceed, you will need to join the discord server that house
the faction you have applied for. To find it, go to the SchoolRP discord
server (CLICK HERE) and search for our discord server!

- We will also need you to be online to receive your introductions and
the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as part of the faction!​

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (@Yonio) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread