GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
1699517411568.png

What is your Minecraft username?:

GhostfireSwords
atcherry | GhostingFire

Describe your activity as a player of the server:

Ever since the beginning of summer in 2021, I’ve been an active player of Roleplay Hub’s community. I’ve made the effort to make contributions to the community in several forms; whether it be through IC factions, OOC interactions, and many other opportunities I’ve been given. I’ve enjoyed the time I’ve spent on this server, and hours of my time over the past few years have been dedicated to it; none of which I can say I’ve regretted. As of today, I’m an active member of several factions on the main server, as well as in the Discords. I'm often online for at least three hours a day, whether it be a day in which I have school or not, and I'm usually available on Discord at all times of the day. Times in which I'll be online during school days will only be limited from 4 PM PST to 1 AM PST, however.

Please provide any previous faction applications you have created, whether accepted or denied:

IC Factions
Teacher Application- Accepted!
Police Application - Accepted!
Police Application v2 - Accepted!
Hospital Application - Accepted!
Shopkeeper Application - Unread
Black Market Dealer Application - Denied.

OOC Factions
Event Team Application - Accepted!
Event Team Application v2 - Denied.
Event Team Application v3 - Denied.
Staff Application - Denied.
Staff Application v2 - Denied.

Currently, I’m a part of the police faction and the spartan males football team, and I aspire to be a part of the shop faction (not including this application).

Provide your Discord and confirm if you have a microphone:

Ghostfire#9490 - I do have a working microphone.

What is your time zone?:

PST

Are you aware that if you are inactive on the team you will be demoted?

Yes, I’m aware of the fact that I’ll be demoted from the Event Team if I’m inactive. However, I don’t plan on going inactive, so there shouldn’t be any worry in regards to this.

What is your motivation for joining the Event Team?:

If it isn’t obvious enough, I think my three previous applications prove that, at the very least, I am very motivated when it comes to being a part of the Event Team. However, that begs the question; where does this motivation come from? The best way that I can describe it is that, when I first joined the team, I was welcomed by most members and already felt like a part of the team, despite just being accepted. Alongside the well-knit team was the main focus of the event team itself, which obviously, is hosting events; I only attended a couple of events in my short duration, but in these two events, I had a lot of fun participating in them. Besides, who wouldn't want to be a silly little event character who messes with people, or see players enjoying themselves because of something YOU made?

Aside from the motivation which merely stems from my first experience on the team, I’ve been motivated to be a part of the Event Team due to the fact that I’d like to have a positive impact on the server wherever possible. The best way that I can see myself doing this is on the event team, which is where I feel I’m best suited to join when comparing my skills to what other community teams do. Here, I’m able to work alongside fellow members and collectively come up with ideas to spice up the community’s experience on the server, creating interesting scenarios for them to play with, or planning events which they can attend with their friends! As it currently stands, many of the people whom I know and already talk to on the server are a part of the event team, which only increases my desire to join; it’s beneficial not only to the team to already have people on it whom work well together, but in turn, becomes better for the player base as we can create events best suited for it.

What makes you a suitable Event Team member?:

Anyone could consider themself suitable to be an Event Team member, depending on the effort and creativity they’d like to dedicate to the faction; both of which are some things I’d like to deliver. I’m motivated to come up with ideas which the community can benefit off of in the form of an enjoyable event, and I’d be ecstatic to be able to work alongside those already on the Event Team, as well as new members that may be accepted with me (should I be accepted), and future members to come. I’ll try and organize some of my positive traits in sub-categories below when it comes to being a part of this team:

REPUTATION?
I’d like to think that my involvement in factions and general affairs on the server have shined myself in a positive light for other players to recognize. As an active part of several factions and other notable positions on the server, taking into account my past positions, I’m constantly interacting with the community, whether it be through roleplay, or in a social perspective. Currently, I’m a higher-up in the police faction, which allows me to frequently interact with members not only in the faction, but anyone who dares break the law in-character. As well as that, I’m a part of the spartan male’s football team, in which I’m also actively interacting with teammates and rivals alike. Although it’s not entirely possible to describe how people think of me, I try to paint myself in a portrait which resembles a silly dude who’s easily approachable. I joke around often, but I also know when it’s time to knock it off.

Aside from my factions and general reputation, there’s my punishment history on the server. The warnings, which are all two years old, were merely mistakes made as a new player. However, my ban is the important topic to address; it’s definitely not something to ignore, however, the only thing that I can do is promise that mistakes made in the past aren’t able to happen again. I’ve since felt an embarrassment over the things I did, it’s not something I’m going to forget nor make the same mistake again, and it’s a topic that I don’t even like to speak of due to its severity and the scars everything leading up to it that remained. While it’s good to forget, it’s more important to learn from my mistakes.

CREATIVITY?
I’m always thinking of new ideas for something, no matter what it’s for. Although I wouldn’t consider myself adept when it comes to creating original ideas, I’m one-of-a-kind when it comes to improving ideas already made. That’s not to say I’m unable to make my own, however, I’ve found that I’m always able to look at an idea and constructively give advice or improvement. I usually spend time on my ideas, when it comes to events, figuring out, “does this make sense?” or, “would people actually enjoy this?” to ensure that my idea would be selective enough to be used as an event on the server. I think that, on their own, the ideas that I can conjure up are suitable to be played out for all players to see; however, there’s a reason why it’s an Event Team. I’m always open to criticism if it’ll improve my ideas, and I’ll always be learning how to improve in general.

TEAMWORK/LEADERSHIP?
The Event Team, no doubt, requires members of its faction to work together. An idea on its own is good, but several minds working together towards one goal would ultimately make an idea much more powerful. I’m more than willing to - looking forward to, even - work in a team with others to provide fun and entertainment for players on the server. Whether it be improving ideas by giving or receiving them, I’ll gladly do both to create the best experience for the players. I’ve got several examples of positions in which I upheld that required me to work in a team; some notable spots are my position as a higher-up in the police faction, my position in a sports team, and several other occupations I’ve taken up in my actual life which have ultimately empowered my ability to work with other people.

When it comes to being a leader, that’s not a problem, either. Event Team members usually aren’t referred to as leaders, of course, but they’re most definitely role models. They’re meant to replicate how a player should and would act on the server, having little to no issues when it comes to making infractions, and generally being friendly and approachable to other players. We should have the ability to confidently do what we do on the Event Team and in general to be an inspiration to other players. This is a trait that I’m able to uphold as an Event Team member, and would have no problem doing so.

Please provide three detailed event suggestions that would work for our server:

hidden in the depths.png

“This is NOT a Minecraft reference.”

LORE
Although underground cities are a relatively common thing in modern-day Japan, with nearly 80 of them currently built and modernized, it wasn’t to say that they never existed centuries before the foundation of Karakura was built. In fact it’s said that, in this case, the foundation of Karakura was built on top of these so-called underground cities.

During the Boshin War (1868-1869), structures and small bases were built underground to plot against the Pro-Imperial Daimyo. Although the small island of Karakura was mostly out of the way, the land it took up was located close to Edo (present-day Tokyo) and so it was occupied. Although the structures built in Karakura were mostly forgotten underneath dirt and rubble as a result of erosion, as well as the yearly monsoons which tend to affect a great deal of change to Karakura’s geography. Despite the structures being mostly covered up, much of the buildings were mostly unscathed, leaving behind a mark of Japan’s history in Karakura. Whether you’d call it a coincidence that the cavern was never found by the city whilst creating its sewer systems, or purposely done in ignorance, it still remained until a drilling operation in late 2023.

EVENT INFORMATION
In late 2023, the government of Karakura hired a company to draw out plans to expand the sewer system underneath the forest, near the shrine (may be interchangeable based on actual sewer locations). After investigating the area graphed for the expansion for any possible obstructions, they reported back to the government with a discovery that they said was, and I quote, “lowkey strange, dawg”. They described a beautiful cavern which was told to be underneath the surface, just barely touching what would be the shore of the ocean. Aside from the cavern, they also reported discovery of what looked to be old Japanese architecture, which piqued interest. A passageway is made down to the cavern in preparation for a future field trip, which the government has given the SLT the idea to do. However, in the short amount of time before then, players will be able to explore the cavern; although they’ll be missing out on features which will only be available during the field trip.

Days later, the planned field trip to the caverns are organized; players are rallied at the auditorium to briefly explain where they will be going, how long they should expect to be out, and some guidelines to follow whilst on this field trip (failure to follow may include detention, suspension, or being removed from college for those students). Afterwards, the members of SLT which were chosen to lead the students will bring them over to the entrance, in which a tour guide will greet them.

The tour guide, named Jerry Douglas, will bring them down into the caverns; gilded by shining, purple amethyst and banks of other minerals, the students were allowed to chip at the ores in the mines to keep as souvenirs from the trip. Deep blue waters of the cavern shone and reflected from the minerals of the cave, which although was lively, lacked life. Aside from the visual aesthetic of the cavern, the main focus of the trip was, of course, the history behind the structures underground. The mostly ruined and moldy buildings underground only left little of the idea which architects used in the 19th century, and were solely built out of wood; of course, it wouldn’t be a school field trip without the education part of it. Aside from the buildings, parchments and other ruined bits of writing were recovered from the ruins, which were mostly unintelligible. Tour guides are posted around the vast cave, which are open to interacting with the students and answering questions; although, they may not be the best people to ask.

After the field trip, the plans for the aforementioned sewer system were abandoned due to the important history which lingered behind the cavern. Soon enough, it becomes forgotten and abandoned; simply just another place in the city. Due to the underground nature of the area, and relative secrecy, the criminals of the city may be inclined to begin hanging around the area.

RESOURCES REQUIRED
  • Several /events. One for the drilling operation, then further along the line for the field trip part
  • Event team members to play tour guides, as well as availability of SLT
  • Addition of a danger zone to the area after around a month

BUILDING REQUIRED
  • Creation of a cavern underneath the ground, including old, ruined structures, a source of water, and minerals (amethysts, copper, iron, etc.) around the cave, which are programmed so players can right click to chip off
  • A passageway from the surface to the cave, as well as destroyed barricades & other related features in the future after it becomes a danger zone

NOTES
This event will essentially be a flash event, from the opening of the ruins, and transition into a planned school event (announced in the Academics Discord). I tried to tie in actual history and probability to the event as much as possible, even if it does seem a little implausible; even at that, not everything has to be entirely realistic, as long as it abides by real life logic and the players have fun with it.

WHY THIS EVENT?
It’s been a good while since we’ve had a field trip event for the entire server (2021ish), so it’ll be a nice idea to bring back. I’ve chosen this event mostly to add in a nice spice of lore to tie a little cool fact about Karakura into Japan’s actual history, and also parts of the event (such as the mineral collecting) as a throwback to the field trip back in 2021, where players were allowed to pick berries from bushes and keep them as collectibles after the event. The name of the event, tying into the general cave vibe, is also a reference to one of the achievements in Minecraft itself. Finally, the parts coming after the field trip part of the event will be made to tie the area into CrimeRP, creating a new danger zone opposed to the powerplant which is underneath the ground, yet accessible.

et-vernal equinox.png

“May the dead rest in peace.”

LORE
Many people in Karakura have come and gone, but their memories won’t be forgotten; might they be remembered, eternally. In the springtime on Equinox Day, Japan hosts celebrations to commemorate the dead and visit loved one’s graves, usually leaving gifts such as flowers, or cleaning the gravesites. The holiday was officialized in Japan during the mid-1900’s, succeeding the holiday before known as Shunki kōreisai, which was meant only to worship fallen soldiers. The holiday today is called Shunbun no Hi, and celebrations are usually held at local shrines. Alternatively, people may find themselves tidying up their houses, making life changes, or returning to their original homes to spend the day with family members. All in all, the holiday’s meant for people to spend time with their family, whether still with the living or if they’ve already passed on.

EVENT INFORMATION
The shrine will host a celebration that welcomes all; however, the celebration would be much more mellow than other events that’ve happened at the shrine. Obviously, the festivities for today’s event are meant to commemorate the dead, and allow the living to pray and reminisce about their loved ones who’ve passed, which the shrine will accommodate with ritual and ceremony. The shrine, decorated appropriately for the occasion, will have altars reserved for rituals lit by fresh spring flowers, candles, incense, and stones. The shrine staff who can attend the event will teach the visitors how to properly fulfill this ritual, or if they already know, will give their loved ones their best wishes with them. Aside from the rituals, known spirits who exist around the shrine will also be around; after all, it’s the day to commemorate the dead. Even if those who visit the shrine didn’t come to partake in ritual, they’re more than welcome to socialize and pay their respects to the spirits whose souls are still lingering amongst the living, or partake in other activities that the shrine offers. Any and all spirit characters (aside from those who are forbidden from the shrine) will be allowed to show up; the more the merrier. If players wish to continue their roleplay away from the shrine, they’re more than welcome to roleplay out other things tied to Shunbun no Hi, such as tidying up their homes, or creating their own altars in their homes.

The concept of the event is quite short and simple, although it’s mostly for those who’d like to make their own roleplay, and give the shrine the attention it needs in the form of an event. The event itself shouldn’t last for too long, however, players are highly encouraged to continue their roleplay after the event ends.

RESOURCES REQUIRED
  • Availability of the shrine faction
  • A /event to alert players of the start of the event
  • An announcement a few days before the event itself in the SchoolRP Discord

BUILDING REQUIRED
  • Merely a few candles to be built and lit, as well as banners & lanterns

NOTES
The event name is derived from the date in which Shunbun no Hi is on (Vernal Equinox), and a play on words with “eternal”, to signify the length of life & time.

WHY THIS EVENT?
Mostly to bring some attention to the shrine faction, as well as make spirit characters relevant during a time that isn’t October. It also provides a unique roleplay experience for players, allowing them to practice their own roleplay skills and learn more about the shrine and Shunbun no Hi.

Add a heading.png

“DAG NABIT! THEM DANG TEENAGERS TOOK EVERYTHING!”

LORE
A group of old, innocent friends, turned criminal.

In the small town of Yamanashi, Japan, lived a group of young kids who often spent their days together, usually playing outside, study groups, or getting up to something silly elsewhere; it’s needless to say that whatever they did, they all did together. They lived in a relatively poor area, leading them to make questionable decisions for their own personal gain. As the kids grew older, they began to lean more into delinquency throughout high-school, delving into more criminal-like activity such as petty theft and instigating fights around their town. No matter what happened to the kids - whether they be arrested or beat up - they all had each other’s backs and did everything together.

As they matured from young children to juveniles, the extremity of the crimes they committed began to worsen, as well as the frequency of what they did. Soon enough, they became too well-known in their small town of Yamanashi, and traveled out of town; finding themselves in the isolated island of Karakura. Here, they began their lives in a quiet fashion to avoid any attention, and attended school regularly. It wasn’t until weeks later, when they felt settled into the town, that they began to start back up that ol’ life of crime they knew before.

EVENT INFORMATION
In anticipation for the event, it’s encouraged that Event Team members play on their characters meant for the event a few days prior as regular school characters to fit into the predetermined lore. During this time period, the Event Team will also be getting into contact with various shopkeepers and team captains (including their faction leads) for permission to have their properties involved in the event After this time period has passed, days will be set aside for the event characters to do what they do best; going around and stealing anything valuable within these properties, as well as causing some damage. These mini flash events would obviously go noticed by the majority of players on the server, as one-by-one, their stunts will become more and more obvious. It’d start off with just team houses, then to shops, (and if allowed) larger properties such as estates or government-owned buildings.

As the event goes on, the robbers will also be allowed to "mug" people they see on the street, which they'll do without actually taking anything (for example, they could simple take their shoes or something else that appears on their skin). The police will be allowed to have their participation in this event, as are EMS in the event that anyone is injured, and any other players are more than welcome to join in with the event whether it be conducting their own investigations, or helping out the criminals. They should, however, be wary of the IC consequences from both sides that could occur. The event will only end once our robbers are caught, which will be guaranteed by a “finale”. Some ideas for the ending could consist of them taking control of the crane in the construction zone and trying to steal the statue in the middle of the school, or trying to attempt a poorly-executed heist on the police station or town hall. Either way, the end result of this finale is meant to result in their arrest, and the end of the event chain.

RESOURCES REQUIRED
  • Permissions from team captains, shopkeepers, and any other property owners to do these acts on their IC property
  • Event Team members must act as the group of robbers

BUILDING REQUIRED
  • Builders may be needed to create areas around the houses/shops/other places that are vandalized/broken. Otherwise, owners of the property can also do it.

NOTES
The event could branch out to factions such as the police faction, government, or even faculty as some sort of event finale, although it may also end early if the police faction decides to get involved. Items stolen from properties will also be ItemRP'ed, as no actual items should be taken during this event.

WHY THIS EVENT?
I really didn’t make this idea for any particular reason, however, it was just a unique idea that came up when I was brainstorming events. It’d branch out to a good number of players (teams and shopkeepers in specific, as well as any additional property owners we may include) and possibly encourage players to join teams, as some have been struggling to cap out their spots for a few months.

Additional notes (You may leave this blank):

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Denied
Thank you for your application, unfortunately, we have decided to deny this application.

Users who are viewing this thread