xBonnie (Account I’m applying on)
bonbaboobe

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
bonnu

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
BST/GMT

Describe your activity on the server:
My general activity has been overall steady. I have been an active member of the community since 2020, although I joined a little bit before then. My activity really started to ascend in 2021, where I developed my interests that linked to the server, such as skin making and writing. I’ve been active both in-game and on discord, where most of my communication presides. As I’ve gotten older, my activity decreased due to my real life responsibilities growing, such as college and my job. However I’ve easily found a balance for my time, and I often dedicated at least a couple of hours to being in-game every day. My discord activity does not falter throughout the week and I am easily contactable this way.

My dedicated activity has fluctuated throughout the years, as I have experienced many factions as an older player. Some of my activities have stayed the same for the duration of the years I’ve been here, such as community teams and sports teams. I’ve almost always been a part of one and have found that a lot of my motivation comes from these two teams. I’ve been in the event team for three years now, and the media team for one. I was a part of the cheer community for three years, and have now fallen back to my roots as a volleyball player, where I started in 2021. For other factions, I’ve been a part of quite a few, ranging from government to hospital. I recently resigned from two city factions I was a part of to give myself more time to dedicate myself to other things I’d like to experience and enjoy. I feel I’ve done a lot all at once and now I’m trying to slow down and focus on only a couple things at once.

When I join factions I typically take on leadership roles, for example, I’ve been a club leader, cheer captain and clinical manager for the hospital over my time in those factions. I enjoy being somebody people can go to for help, advice to assistance in situations that may not be easy for others to dictate. Becoming a shopkeeper for me personally feels like something I could excel at due to my experience in being a team leader already. Whilst I am not new and clearly am experienced, a shopkeeper is something I’ve never done but always wanted to since 2021. My first shop application tracks all the way back to then and whilst this is something I have yet to accomplish I am determined to see it through, and now feels like the perfect time.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes I completely acknowledge this consequence and understand the reasoning.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):
yBonnu - [College] [Volleyball]
xBonnie - [Grade-12]
bonbaboobe - [Grade-12]

Shop Information

What shop are you applying for?:
I am applying for Higanbana which I would like to rename to Houseskihibana. The name is a blend of the word spark and jewellery. We do want our jewellery to sparkle, do we not?

1728252827340.png

Why do you want to become a Shopkeeper?:
I previously mentioned shopkeeper has been a faction I’ve wanted to join for years now, however I never fully explained why. Shopkeeper is a very independent based faction, where the shopkeepers are typically left to their own agenda and able to lead their own way. I personally value the idea of having the creative freedom to run a little corner of the town, and expand the niche lore which already exists in modern Karakura. I also believe shops are a great form of roleplay and added realism to the town.

Writing is a huge passion of mine, and something I’d one day like to turn into something of a profession. I am also a Graphic Design student, thus my chosen career paths are very independent and creative based. I like to think the skills I’m learning can be used as a shopkeeper. Branding is something I am actively learning to do, thus this is honestly great practice for somebody like me, who may brand real companies some day and help them grow. I think it’s only fitting that I start with my own little company, even if it’s purely fiction.

What do you plan to do with your shop, and what makes it unique?:
HOUSESKIHIBANA will be transformed into the most exquisite and luxurious high end jewellery shop in town. Whilst many of the already existing shops placate the young and curious, this shop will be for those with elegant taste. The jewellery shop will accommodate those looking to purchase jewels just as precious as those they may gift the gems to. Make every occasion special with a statement necklace, or a ring that binds two hearts together forever! These gifts and accessories will bring every outfit together, with just the right amount of bling to scream modern, expensive and graceful.

Beautiful Building
This particular shop will stand out against the crowd with its modern interior, spacious and grand floor plan and pristine design. I really want to capture the feel that one would typically achieve in a high end jewellers. My vision is that the cash desk will be in the centre of the shop, with glass tables that show off our furniture pieces (such as jewellery boxes). The rest of the shop will guide the customers through and around in the circle to make sure they get a good look at everything we have to offer. This design is to purposefully keep customers in the shop for longer, which may urge them to purchase one of our fine pieces on display. I would also like to play gentle background music, typically classical to uphold the atmosphere of luxury when in this store. Credit to Yazure for the build and Toxicized for helping.

1728252350098.png1728252400058.png

Exquisite Employees
Our employees will have simple uniforms, however a part of the uniform would be to wear at least one piece from our collection to show it off to the customers. Whether this be a hair accessory, a watch or a necklace. I think this would be a great way to actually show off the pieces rather than having to imagine them. This will also add to the luxurious feel of the store, when all of the employees are looking rich themselves. You wouldn’t want to feel out of place now, would you?

All of the employees will be fully knowledgeable on all of our items, and will have the perfect advice for every customer. If looking for the perfect ring for one’s future fiancé, our jewellers will know just the ring with even the littlest description of their partner’s tastes. There’s something for everybody at HOUSESKIHIBANA.

In my second shop application, I had an idea for an employee handbook. I wanted to recycle this idea as I think it’s important for employees to be able to have information about the company on hand at all times. With this in mind, I’ve put together a little first draft after taking inspiration from my original employee handbook, which I’ve linked below.

I'm having issues linking the handbook so I've sent the link to the shop faction leads direct messages on discord.

Tradition is Timeless
We will also house traditional jewellery for faithful customers or simply older tastes. These pieces may include accessories for kimonos or old-fashioned statements, such as parasols. Being inclusive to everybody is important to HOUSESKIHIBANA, as everybody deserves to feel their best when covered in diamonds. We would also like to target those in powerful positions, such as the government. A lot of our pieces I like to think would be of interest to government workers and really add some sparkle to their suits!

Sales & Statistics
Once the shop has been open for a while and the statistics are in, we’ll start to have sales on our least favourable items. We’d discount the items every so often that don’t typically sell as well to make sure we are being as profitable as possible, and so our jewellery does not begin to collect dust sitting on our shelves for too long. To make our line of items sustainable, we may release individual items from the same sets at different times, thus making our collection actually collectables.

Monumental Memberships
I personally love signing up to be a member for many of my favourite brands, and I’d like to take inspiration from this concept for the discord server. Not everybody enjoys being pinged in chat for openings, which is fair enough. However, those looking to support their favourite jewellers might want to be warned earlier than others that the shop is opening, thus the start of our “membership”. When a customer signs up for a membership, they are essentially just signing up to be notified when we open a little bit early, so they can get down to the store before anybody else. Members of HOUSESKIHIBANA may also be notified of sales before anybody else, and will be able to participate in pre-sales to get a head start on their shopping. The benefits are endless!

Perfect Partnerships
HOUSESKIHIBANA is to be partnered with Takagi Corporation. The main funding for the business is supplied with the Takagi sponsor however HOUSESKIHIBANA is the main source of influence for the company. I am partnering my own tailoring server with the in-game company to expand the influence my designers have in Karakura. We are currently not listed as an official IC business, as we have no way to present ourselves in roleplay. However with this partnership, we’d be able to expand to the roleplay world and give Takagi’s employees the opportunity to collaborate with the jewellery shop. This could include creating the perfect outfits to show off our amazing accessories.

What will you sell in your shop?:
I have simplified my list for the sake of this application, however the variation of items will be much larger. Consider these “items” to be categories which will branch out much wider:

Necklaces
Earrings
Engagement / Promise Rings
Hair Accessories (pins and bows etc)
Folding Fans
Belts
Parasols
Glasses
Handkerchiefs
Jewellery Boxes
Cufflinks
Bracelets
Watches / Pocket Watches
Canes
Handheld Mirrors

As a 3D-Modeller, I can assure that all of the items above would be doable in-game. Some new items which have never been seen before, such as belts and cufflinks would be easily made and add a new bit of class and charm to our luxurious characters. Custom items could be donated to the shop or made by myself, which I have no problem with doing.

I think my item list will be something that can continuously benefit the server, especially because accessories are a big part of the community’s fashion. I also know that so many already exist in the game already, so I will have something to work with rather than starting from scrap, but I would be excited to add to the collection.

1728252522175.png

How many employees do you plan to have?:

Shopkeeper - 1
Running the behind the scene operations and opening the store. Making sure everybody knows what they are doing and assisting in any issues that may arise.

Managers - 3
In charge of training new employees with the help of our employee handbook, which will include descriptions of every item and how to upsell. Managers may also open in the shopkeepers absence, however I’d like to limit that possibility as much as possible.

Employees - 15+
Responsible for selling our luxurious items and taking payment, all employees are paid equally at the end of each shift.

What events could the shop do?
I’ve added this question because I’m a huge fan of events taking place within the shopping district. I’ve taken part in some myself as event characters and had a lot of fun, so I’d like my shop to be a place for opportunity.

With that in mind, I’d love to organise a robbery event, where a verified gang could get involved. Since this is the most high end shop in Karakura, it only makes sense that it would be a target for those looking to sell to the highest bidder. If the gang is successful in their robbery, they may keep some items (which will be organised beforehand). If they are not successful in escaping with the jewels, well, the consequences will be dire.

I think this would be a great way to merge two factions and bring back an element of crime roleplay to the shop faction scene. It’s been quite some time since the last robbery, and we all know Karakura is anything but safe, no matter where you are!

Extra
I don’t want to over-complicate this application, as I think a high class jewellery shop would ordinarily speak for itself. However if opportunities arise for new events or collaborations with other shops or factions, I will be happy to jump on board with those. I may also edit this shop application if new ideas pop into my mind before it is reviewed. I hope you enjoyed this application and thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread