mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

karen's EMS application!! - surgeon

karen!!

Level 0
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
Although I have a few other accounts, the account I’d be using for EMS is vokaloid.

Previous bans: I was banned once for player disrespect back in 2020, though since then I’ve obviously matured as a person, and have apologized to the person privately in DMs and all is well.

Describe your activity on the server?: I’m on the server for multiple hours each day. Rarely, since it is summer, do I have times where I’m unable to be on the server. However, once school starts, my activity will be lowered since I’ll only be able to log on after 3pm each day.

Which timezone are you in?: EST

Do you have discord? If so what is your tag?: KAREN#0003

Do you have a microphone?: Yes, I do.

List your current and past applications: Just to preface this, Since these applications, I've switched forums accounts due to the fact that I got access to my old account and wanted to move back here.
DOCTOR APPLICATION: https://schoolrp.net/threads/dr-choi.22902/ - ACCEPTED
LORE TEAM APPLICATION: https://schoolrp.net/threads/sexsis-lore-team-application.23892/ - ACCEPTED
SCHOOL NURSE APPLICATION: https://schoolrp.net/threads/school-nurse-application-karenese.30814/ - ACCEPTED
SURGEON APPLICATION: https://schoolrp.net/threads/kareneses-surgeon-application.34462/ - ACCEPTED
PROFESSOR APPLICATION: https://schoolrp.net/threads/karens-professor-application.41594/ - ACCEPTED

What experiences do you have with Detail RP?:

In late 2019 I was given my first real opportunity to detail RP; the College Volleyball Team. I stayed on this team for nearly a year, which allowed my roleplay experience to broaden exponentially. Not only that, but it aided my ability to properly communicate within a team setting. During that year, I also applied to be on the EMS team for the first time, where I remained in the hospital faculty for 9 months. Being a doctor on the server has so far been the biggest impact to my ability to DetailRP, as I was on for multiple hours each day and experienced basically every situation you could. I still have all of this knowledge, and know how to use it to my advantage. I have also dealt with many GangRP situations within the hospital, which required a different amount of DetailRP. . the aftermath of them also widened my knowledge of the servers' rules and how to properly abide by them.

Once I left EMS after being part of the team for the better half of a year, I decided to apply for the nursing position within the school. I remained as a normal nurse for around 2 months before I was promoted to Head-Nurse; which allowed me to properly train and teach several nurses who were accepted during my time as Head, which also strengthened the skills I previously acquired being in EMS.

After I handed over my position as head nurse, I went back to EMS as a Surgeon for another few months before I took an 8 month break from SRP.

What is your motivation to apply for EMS and how will you benefit our current team?:

Currently, besides roleplaying with my team, I don’t have much around the server that allows me to DetailRP to the extent that I want to, and EMS would give me that ability again. In total, through both of my times on the team, I was on for about a year, and those times were my peak in roleplay. I love having the ability to make a character who is passionate about nurturing people. I want to be able to harness my skill of properly DetailRP’ing medical situations again, and miss what I had in the past. I also miss the fast pace of the work, because usually my brain moves faster than anything else, and the roleplay you have to do is very mentally stimulating.

Also, to add on, I've got almost 4 years of classes you have to take to join the medical field under my belt. . Since when I graduate, I'll be majoring, it feels a little shameful to not find something to put them to use for. Joining EMS again is the perfect way to exercise all of the knowledge.

Which medical role are you applying for? (e.g.: Surgeon, Doctor, Psychiatrist):

Surgeon

Specify your knowledge for the role you’re applying for:

Surgeons are prohibited to do the invasive and more serious operations in the hospital, as well as any other normal day to day situations that come into the hospital. Alongside that, just like the Doctor role, they are allowed to prescribe medicinal treatment for any illnesses that they come across, as long as it isn’t related to anything regarding mental illness, which would be sent over to a Psychiatrist.

Categorize all the functions of the EMS and tell us what each of them does:

HOSPITAL DIRECTOR
- The hospital director is in charge of the whole hospital and all of its departments. The director is allowed to host training sessions for all positions in the hospital, and have a deep understanding of each of them. Their work typically involves managing all of the roles, making sure that they are doing what they need to be doing, and ensuring that things run smoothly in the hospital.

CLINICAL MANAGER - Clinical Managers are another branch in the hospital. They are underneath Head Physician in the ranking of authority, though their responsibilities are almost the same. Clinical Managers also help to manage the roles within the hospital, and help ensure the clinical leads are properly teaching their trainees/managing their division.

CLINICAL LEADS - Each clinical lead is in charge of their own department, (I.E Doctor, Psychiatrist, Surgeon and Nurse) and are required to manage them and teach them what they need to know. They are responsible for their own departments and no one else's. Clinical leads are typically the ones who host training for their new applicants, and allow them to get to the point that they need to be at to be a successful hospital staff.

SURGEONS - Surgeons do the more invasive work, such as surgeries and in depth operations. They are allowed to do anything that Nurses and Doctors can do, however they aren’t allowed to do Psychiatry work.

DOCTORS - Doctors are allowed to do basically anything that surgeons can, including surgeries and invasive operations, though they are typically told to let a surgeon do the work. However, if there isn’t one present they are allowed to do so. Most often doctors are found doing regular work around the hospital and dealing with incoming patients.

(Including just in case, although I don't see the role on the roster anymore.) NURSES - Nurses are allowed to do the same things that doctors can, however they aren’t really allowed to do any in depth surgeries or anything too serious. They are often required to deal with birthing and prenatal work such as ultrasounds and exams.

PSYCHIATRISTS - Psychiatrists are part of the department that regulates mental health. They are often doing therapy sessions and prescribing medicine for mental illnesses. Though psychiatrists aren’t allowed to do any physical work, if no one is present they are allowed to f2b/SkipRP the process to ensure the patient is properly dealt with.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?

Yes, I acknowledge this, and will not put up a fuss if this was ever needed, though I will do my best to make sure it never gets to this point.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?

Yes, I acknowledge this.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorized to attend or you will be punished?

Yes, I understand. If I am unable to come to a training while I am online, I will explain why. Since tournaments are coming up, the team is practicing more, though I am certain I will still be able to attend most trainings, and if I can’t, I’ll let the clinical lead know beforehand.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?

Yes, I understand this. Due to previous experience in EMS, i understand how to keep things ICly.

In-Character (IC) Section

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us about your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Hanami Okazaki is a conventionally attractive woman with a strong-willed attitude; Her determination to help people shines through every action she takes during her day, whether it be on or off duty. Although she is very dead set on getting things right and having things go the way she wants them to, it doesn’t change the fact that she is still a respectful and compassionate woman who almost always wears a big smile on her face. Although in some aspects she is a very normal woman, her uniqueness peaks through when it comes to her ability to switch into hyper drive. . In an astonishingly short amount of time. She can be sitting at the desk, sipping a coffee, when she gets a radio call and immediately she is ready to jump up and get a move on. However, because of this, her mind moves at a million miles per minute. Thankfully though, being a surgeon allows her to put that speed to use, and she gets things done quickly while still efficiently.

What are they like on and off the job?

While off the job, Hanami is usually with her friends and family, so she has more of a carefree and outgoing personality than she has in a professional setting. Once she’s back on the clock, her usual easy-going, respectful attitude returns. . However, Hanami is a bit of a jokester, and likes to crack jokes. It is very obvious that she thinks she is the funniest person in the world. But! Whenever she is needed again for a patient, a big ‘ol smile comes to her face and puts full effort into making the best out of a bad situation, of course, after she finishes treatment.

Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?

Although Hanami is a jokester, she does tend to be the quiet one in most interactions; Though when she does get spoken to, she replies with a happy tone and a smile on her face. And sometimes, if she's feeling it, she starts conversations. . And when she does, she LOVES to talk. Now that Hanami's younger brother, Masaru, is at the age where he can somewhat take care of himself, she doesn't exactly know what to do with her life. For nearly a decade, she had been constantly taking care of her siblings, making sure that they grew up into good, respectable people. However, she does know that she wants to eventually settle down and get married, and set herself up for good in Karakura. Though, she is still on the fence about having children. .

Does your character have any past / current mental and or physical illnesses we should take acknowledgment to?

Although not exactly a physical illness, Hanami does have a prosthetic leg. . She’s had it since she was 18, however, so she has had almost exactly a decade to adapt and learn how to move at a faster pace with it. Even if it did affect her ability to do things, it’s unlikely that Hanami would let this get to her; In fact, she uses the prosthetic to her advantage to sympathize with patients. In Karakura, more so than a lot of places, people tend to lose limbs and need an artificial limb . . Hanami, knowing how stressful this can be, usually tends to opt in and comfort the patient and explain how life has been for her with one. She usually doesn’t stop until she gets a giggle or two out of the patient.

BACKSTORY

Hanami Okazaki would be a Japanese female who grew up in Kanazawa, Japan. She was the daughter of Daiyu and Senichi, being the oldest of the siblings with her twin, Megumi. Hanami's four siblings in order of age included her identical twin sister Megumi (29), her younger sister Sachi (26), her younger brother Kosuke (24), and her youngest brother Masaru (16). Her parents were happily married and lived a simple life, but eventually, Daiyu couldn't handle the burden of caring for five children, leaving behind the family of seven - now six. At this time, Masaru had only been 11, not fully grasping why his mother left and blamed himself. Due to financial reasons, the family moved to Karakura to start a better life. During that time, her father Senichi grew depressed with the 'loss' of his wife and became an alcoholic. Her and Megumi being the eldest siblings in the family took on the responsibility of taking care of the younger children. The siblings grew close and heavily relied on each other, but Sachi and Kosuke especially relied on the care of the twins - with this, the twins came to the ultimatum of splitting off into different careers to support the family financially - Though, being freshly 19, both of them stressed highly due to their new responsibilities. . And things only got worse when Hanami had her freak accident that left her with a prosthetic leg. They both attended Karakura college, studying for their professions. Megumi went off to become a police officer and Hanami worked for her Doctorates degree, joining the EMS force, despite her disability.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

uCharacters Full Name: Hanami Okazaki

Characters Title (e.g, Mr. Mrs. Miss): Miss

Characters Given Name(s): Hanami

Characters Preferred Name: Nami

Characters Age: 29

Characters Gender: Female

Characters Religious Domination: Shinto

Characters Marital Status: Single

Characters Nationality: Japanese

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of Residency: 5 years

Working Experience(s): Worked at Karakura Hospital for a total of 3 years, and has another 2 at another hospital while she was still in college.

Academic Degree: Doctorate

Year of Graduation: Graduated from high-school in 2011, and from college in 2018 due to early graduation for exceeding in her studies.

Major(s): Biology, Chemistry, Pre-Med

Minor(s): Computer science, Psychology

Native Languages: Japanese

Other Languages: Korean/French

Last edited:

Escuzme

Level 193
Escuzme
Escuzme
Omega
We appreciate you taking the time to apply, and we hope you're glad to hear your application has been accepted!
Refer to the Emergency discord upon seeing this.​

Users who are viewing this thread