KPD Application | itskoiv

atkoi

Level 27
KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

The account I'll be applying on is itskoiv

Previous bans:
I have two previous bans that have taken place on my main account, atkoi. One of them had been a ban due to a misunderstanding which had been lifted immediately, the other one was classified as unserious roleplay and had taken place when I was new to the server back in late July early August. I have since then learned from my mistakes and my record has been spotless since then.

Misunderstanding;​

UnseriousRP;
(Unfortunately, I was unable to locate the link. I'm not sure if this is a forums problem or not.)

Describe your activity on the server:
When it comes to my activity on the server, I have yet to disappoint anyone. My activity is a steady 6-10 hours each day when I'm not working, although I tend to always hop on the server before and after work. I enjoy playing with friends on the server and some days it's very slow paced, other days it's fast. I can be found either roleplaying with friends on my college character or roleplaying with others on my adult and lawyer accounts. Besides roleplaying, I'm also a builder, a 3d modeler, and a tailor for SRP. The longest I've gone without logging onto the server to play is 2 or 3 days (This mainly means general inactivity of not logging on ANY of my accounts). I'd like to believe I'm in the top 3 most active players currently, kind of sad I won't lie. A majority of my activity is evenly distributed between my atkoi, sunkoi, itskoiv, and Synkoi accounts.

Which timezone are you in?

I am in the EST time zone in America

Do you have Discord? If so, what is your tag
Do you have a microphone [Required]:

I do have a discord; atkoi#7205, and I do have a microphone.

List your current and past applications:

Accepted:

[Accepted, Teacher app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/myujiis-art-teacher-application.42250/#post-133955
[Accepted, Lawyer app] [Accepted, Build team app] [Accepted, 3D Model team app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/3d-modeler-sunkoi.46718/
[Accepted, HS Council app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/synkoi-hs-council-application.48500/
[Accepted, Event Team app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/event-team-synkoi.48512/

[Accepted, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.41894/#post-131287
[Accepted, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.40377/
[Accepted, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.40357/
[Accepted, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.40355/
[Accepted, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.40377/
[Accepted, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-jsl.42245/
[Accepted, Third language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/third-language-application.42352/
[Accepted, Third language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-third-language.43122/
[Accepted, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-chinese.43207/
[Accepted, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-german.43208/

Denied:

[Denied, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.40371/
Not enough information

[Denied, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.40328/
Not enough information

[Denied, KPD Application] https://schoolrp.net/threads/luvncoffee-kpd-officer-application.44089/
Not given a reason, I guess I just wasn't known that well

What is your motivation for applying?:
I am interested in broadening my roleplay experiences on the server and my personal knowledge on the servers crime fighting side of things. I enjoy writing and generally roleplaying with others, so I feel that the KPD is the perfect place to do this with the amount of gangrp'ers stabbing carotids and starting drama. I want to make a difference in the roleplaying community with my activity, and I feel that between my detailrp and general love for everything law (I was in college OOCly for forensic psychology) it would make for a fun chance at seeing how things are run from the other side of the KPD stations front desk. ICly the job would fit my characters development.

Do you understand Japanese Laws and Basic Conduct?
I do understand Japanese Laws and Basic Conduct. Currently, the account that I'm applying with, is a lawyer. As a lawyer I was tasked with understanding the laws and knowing how to rightfully assess a situation during court cases and mock trials to better understand the laws and further the development of them as needed. I've had plenty of talks with the KPD and have made mental notes of the new laws and requirements stated in the forums for what each law entails. I am confident in my abilities to understand what crime falls in which category.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
From experiencing it ICly and OOCly (indirectly OOCly) I'd say my knowledge is pretty broad. I always had a strong interest in anything to do with police work, and having done criminology courses as well as studying up on documentaries as well as watching them work in real time; it's an experience all on it's own. I know that police officers must be able to adapt to their environment, or the situation at hand. They need to be able to communicate with one another and get their point across (no beating around the bush). They are also supposed to be professional while on the job.

As a KPD officer, you are an officer who enforces the law no matter how minor it may be. KPD officers will stop people wearing masks under suspicion of illegal activity, and thus are able to search said person as needed. If you are caught with anything illegal on you KPD will check it and/or fine you/jail you depending on what the item is.
If you are a KPD officer, your job is also to respond to 110 calls and figure out the situation; ensuring you are able to get to it with what you need. You ask questions such as how many people there are, any weapons involved, and where the situation may be taking place. You're to investigate it in groups of three to ensure the safety of yourself and your coworkers, and upon arriving on scene you are to search those involved if needed.
You need to understand how to use the CCTV cameras ingame, requesting a staff member to /ita what the KPD officer would see when they check certain places. You aren't allowed to metagame the position of a suspect nor metagame who they are. You need to understand how perms work, your limitations, and how to react to different situations you've come across.

The server goes with a general outline of police ranks, more commonly known and used by metropolitan departments.

Commissioner
---------
The Commissioner of the KPD force is the highest ranking member. They're the ones who control what takes place and who is sent out to situations brought up to them. The Commissioner is in charge of ensuring the KPD is in line and running smoothly. They are the commander. They manage specific divisions within the departments and direct work and evaluate their team's performance. They're responsible for making sure officers and detectives are complying with department policies and standarts. The Commissioner is appointed to their position by the city's mayor to oversee the other departments, and don't tend to be a uniformed officer.

Head Lieutenant
---------
The Head Lieutenant is just beneath the Commissioner. Their rank is responsible for the KPD branches beneath them and are careful to ensure they do their job correctly. Similar to the Commissioner, the Head Lieutenant has a high respect from others for their dedication to the team. A Head Lieutenant can be seen as a Captain in a sense.

Lieutenant
---------
The Lieutenant is the first rank outside of the other ranks that is considered to be a higher-up. The Lieutenant's are the first set who are trusted enough to carry around a Glock 17 and are given a Police Cruiser. The Lieutenant is usually administrative in nature. They make sure their department is running smoothly, so they may be responsible for tasks such as maintaining supplies and ensuring a harassment and discrimination-free workplace. They act as assistants to the Head Lieutenant, and may even take their place as the commanding officer in case of absence.

Sergeant
---------
A Sergeant in the KPD is the middle ground. They supervise and train their subordinates. They're seen coordinating activity at crime scenes, making sure department policies and procedures are applies to law enforcement activities, etc. Sergeants frequently assume roles like professional standards investigator to ensure that personnel and equipment are maintained to department standards. Since they are seen and act as a liaison between upper management and subordinates, the role of Sergeant requires strong interpersonal leadership ability.

Corporal
---------
The Corporal is an experienced patrol officer. In addition to their supervisory responsibilities, they're still able to patrol and investigate. They may take over the duties of the Sergeant in case of their absence.

Detective
---------
Detectives are usually assigned to a specialized division -narcotics, gang activity, or robbery- and investigate each specific kinds of crimes. Detectives a re the only sworn-in officers that wear business attire or street clothes instead of their issues uniform. They can use their disguised appearance to blend into crowds and prevent crimes before they happen. As a detective it's possible to assume a supervisory role. A higher ranking detective might review reports prepared by subordinates, and assume a leadership role in high-profile homicides or robberies. In SRP, you can see detectives taking over patrols and looking more in-depth on situations where bodies or weapons are found.

Officer
---------
The Officer role is given after you're approved to pass the Cadet test. They're the most common kind of sworn officer in any given department. They can perform a variety of roles including patrolling the streets, responding to the scene of a crime or accident, and participating in community awareness efforts such as but not limited to holding speeches and visiting the school. After racking up some experience, police officers may also join in on SWAT. Officers may be promoted to corporal status, which, down the line, would include duties like detective work, field training, and watch commander.

Cadet
---------
A Cadet is the newest member to the KPD team. They're a new officer beginning their probationary period and start at this rank. Cadet's are most known for working at the front desk in the station where they are more focused on helping out individuals who show up with reports or questions and concerns. They're capable of helping citizens of Karakura with protective custody, and paying bail to get prisoners out. On occasion they are also seen being brought out onto patrols with Officers above them.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
Police work is important to SRP for a number of reasons. Despite it being called SchoolRP, there is still a lot of CrimeRP, GangRP, and general CityRP put into play on the server. The Officers of Karakura not only provide a proper roleplay style for the players on the server, and someone to depend on, but they're that key 'ingredient' that you need for GangRP and CrimeRP to really come to life. They're there to ensure peace, whether that be stopping minors from drinking, catching murderers or generally domestically abusive civilians, robberies, arson parties, and so on. If the KPD wasn't added into the mix, the GangRP community would prosper way more than it already does. There'd be no way for players who's characters got killed or scammed or physically delimbed to get their revenge. The police force is important to the server in that they are capable of creating a pocket of safe space between the regular role-players and the ones who crave something more. . . sinister. It gives players more option to work outside of the school and to focus on the other side of things. Active police officers in every time zone are important to ensure GangRP'ers can't weasel their way out of sticky situations by timing their attacks when the KPD isn't on. They're able to protect the citizens and lay law to the land as needed.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
I understand that I can be demoted at any given time, seeing as you should be active when being a fundamental role of the server.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
I acknowledge and agree to be dedicated to being a police officer.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorised to attend or you will be punished?
I do understand that training is an important part of being a police officer. It is important to train so you have better hand eye coordination when it comes to tasers as well as guns. It gives us more of an understand of what to expect in a situation as well as helps us for patrols.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to IC harassment, and you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
I acknowledge that I can't take ICly things into OOC, seeing as that's breaking a rule. I don't take things personally, either.

stars.gifstars.gifstars.gifstars.gif

In-Character (IC) Section

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?

Gabriel King is a young 6'0 German male, with a charming smile and dazzling blue eyes. He had a soft tanned complexion, his face framed by golden curls that matched that of his brothers. His ears tended to display various black earrings along the cartilage. He had a muscular frame and seemed well-put together in terms of fashion. He had a slight German accent that was present when he spoke. His blonde curly hair could be seen slicked back at times and other times surrounded his head in a messy halo. Despite the possibility of police-work threatening his life, he continued to stay genuine to those around him, even keeping that bright smile on his face. Some may call it ****y, when he was anything but.

What they're like on and off the job?
On Duty, Gabriel is considerably professional. He prefers to stay on-task and is careful to avoid distractions. He's hard set on whatever is presented before him and looks for answers. He's bright around the station, ensuring the safety of civilians and his coworkers. He's easy-going with his colleagues in the station, supportive to individuals coming in to make reports, and alert when on patrol. While on the job Gabriel gets what needs to be done, and follows direction. He is dedicated to his job and it shows in his work. He's always aiming to go above and beyond.

When off duty, Gabriel is found spending time with his family or hanging around the shrine or other colleagues. As a young adult, he has plenty of energy to spare and involves himself in the community however he can.

Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?
Gabriel enjoys his time spent with his coworkers and can be seen striking up conversations with them when they aren't busy. He is careful to present himself respectfully and professionally. He bonds with his colleagues and learns more about them, motivating them and pushing them towards their goals. He prefers to live in the moment, his plans for the future not quite being too in depth. At the current time, his only plans are to help those around him and be a functional member of society for the greater good. One of the few things he wishes to work towards is working through the ranks towards becoming a detective.

BACKSTORY
(Make sure this biography/lore has 100+ words.)

Gabriel King is initially from the outskirts of Berlin, Germany. Born into a relatively stable family with a little brother, he was mostly ignored as the oldest child, and allowed to get away with most anything he put his mind to. In his early high school days, his parents had been forcing him to work day in and day out at local shops to make the most that he could for their family as the oldest son. Between working and his studies for school, he was growing stressed and wanting nothing more than a way to escape this cycle of three jobs, studies, school, and no sleep. This life had felt forced for him, and being a rebellious teenager with a burning passion to act out of the norm, he did just that. He rebelled. Gabriel was sneaking out at night, going to fight clubs, stirring up trouble at the local bars, and even going as far as to smuggle alcohol home and finding places to hide it. He had his first run-in with a police officer at the age of 16, and it was an eye-opener. He had been caught with his group of delinquent friends on the wrong side of town. His parents were called, he was searched, and got away free. The idea of him going to jail, getting that reality check that what he was doing was indeed dangerous, was enough to sway him away from it. Instead, he looked into the laws of the city, grew more intrigued at the idea of being an officer. He loved the idea of putting a stop to the very thing that had enticed him into going down the wrong path, putting an end to gangs and illegal activities. His act was straightened up and he continued in his high school studies for the remaining year. Once his first year of college started at 19, he had set his sights on an internship with the local police-force. He focused his college studies on Criminal Justice and Psychology in hopes of bettering his career and planting his foot down to escape this supposed life he was destined to have. After his studies had finished, he had been given a chance to move out of Germany, to live with a family friend. What he hadn't been aware of, was that this family friend was in Karakura, Japan. It was an exciting chance for him to try something new in a completely foreign place, and he took the opportunity. He had figured that moving out would cut ties permanently with his parents' wishes of forcing him to do their work for them, and knew that a fresh start in life while he was still young was exactly what he needed.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Characters Full Name:

Gabriel King

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr.

Given Name(s):
Gabriel

Preferred Name:
Gabriel

IC Phone number:
(030) -637-2577

Religious Denomination:
Undecided

Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
German-American

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of training:

4 years of training

Working Experience:
One year of working as intern in Berlin, Germany as an intern.
Odd and end jobs working as a buss boy for restaurants, babysitting, mowing lawns, and retail.

Academic Degree:
Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology.

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Criminal Justice
Medicine

Minor(s):
Psychology
Anatomy and Physiology

Native Languages:
German

Other Languages:
JSL, and Japanese

{‧͙⁺˚・༓☾ Thank you! ☽༓・˚⁺‧͙}

Thank you for taking the time to read my application! Regardless of it getting accepted or not, I appreciate you taking the time to read it and would love any feedback on things I could work on or improve for any of my future applications!​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying for KPD. Unfortunately, the higher-up team and I
have decided to deny this application. Most times it is simply due to the fact that
there are more suitable applicants, so feel free to give it another shot on the next cadet wave!​

Users who are viewing this thread