Accepted Lawyer | Ordinqry's Application

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
PLAYER INFORMATION

In-game Name:
I will be applying under the IGN 'Ordinqry'. If you need my alt as well, the IGN for my alt is 'imgayforwomen'.

Discord Tag:
hyelawn

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes, I do, and I am willing and able to use it.

Timezone & Country:
Eastern Timezone, USA

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):
Language Application [ACCEPTED]
Third Language Authorization Application [ACCEPTED]
Club Application (JOURNALISM) [ACCEPTED]
Third Language Authorization Application [DENIED]
Internship Application (EMS) [DENIED]
HS Council Application [ACCEPTED]
Height Application [ACCEPTED]
Lore Team Application [DENIED]
COL Council Application [ACCEPTED]
Note: I did not take the position as a college councillor at the time due to getting accepted to the basketball team the same day.
Internship Application (KPD) [ACCEPTED]
Height Application [DENIED]
Height Application [ACCEPTED]
Journalist Application [DENIED]
Language Application [DENIED]
College Council Application 2 [ACCEPTED]
Lore Team Application [ACCEPTED]
(i may have missed a few)

Describe your activity on the server:
I am currently moderately active on the server. I split my time between school, sleep, extracurriculars, and finally make time for SRP, since, of course, I take real life priorities more seriously than SRP, though I am able to play for about 20 hours per week, maybe less if something happens IRL.

APPLICATION INFORMATION

What position are you applying for?:

I am currently aiming for the role of Lawyer.

What is your motivation for applying?:
For the past 3+ years I have been playing on SRP only within the school faction, as a student. Over the course of time, my roles have only been student-attainable roles, and all student-only roles, such as teams (Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Swim), council (College), clubs (Journalism), and leadership roles (Club Leader, HS Sports Captain). With my return to the server, I would like to try my hand at a new faction, with my decision standing at Government.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
Yes, I have read them, acknowledged them, and familiarized myself with them.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
My main goal at the moment (for myself) is to explore the differences in roles between being within the school and apart from the school, as well as explore a new role in general. Being a part of the government faction, like I've mentioned, would be an immense change in character for me, since I would be playing an older character, in a completely different class, and it would be the first time to do so. For my character, I would like to have him more developed, due to the fact that this is a new character that I've created recently in accompany of my return. Takuya yearns to be important, to be able to contribute to society in a way, so he chose the path of the law, where he is able to defend others.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
A lawyer is a person who has been trained and licensed to fight in accordance to the law. Lawyers are in charge of conducting legal research to fight their case, such as collecting evidence and consulting their client on their opinion. A lawyer is also in charge of defending their client to the best of their ability, within the client's requirements. Their work consists of ****yzing cases, negotiating settlements, representing their clients in court proceedings, and advising their clients on the best outcome. A lawyer should be ethical and maintain integrity, but also be an excellent problem-solver in any matter. There are different types of lawyers that serve for different purposes, including but not limited to, criminal lawyers, corporate lawyers, and family lawyers.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
I understand and acknowledge this detail and I am willing to take the risk.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
Absolutely! The only things that would impact my dedication would be my mental wellness IRL. I always prioritize real life over SRP.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
That is understandable and acknowledged.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
I have fully read and familiarized myself with the rules and requirements necessary to join the government faction.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
Usually, yes, unless I have a real life matter prioritized above it.

IN CHARACTER SECTION

Full name:

Takuya Tōdō

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
"I go by Mr. Tōdō, only that. Any other names I go by are reserved for family and friends."

Current age:
"I am currently 34 years of age, old aren't I?"

Date of birth:
"February 16! Happy to be an Aquarius. Or if you prefer Japanese zodiacs, I am a Snake, '89!"
February 16, 1989

Academic Degree:
Stuyvesant Diploma
[Stuyvesant High School, Class of '07]

Regents Diploma
[Stuyvesant High School, Class of '07]

LL. M. (Master of Laws)
[Harvard Law School, Class of '14]

BM (Bachelor of Music)
[New York University, Class of '18]

Major(s):
Criminal Justice
Political Science

Music Composition

Minor(s):
English
Economics

Musical Theater

1692166244183.png
[Official school seal of Harvard Law School in Cambridge, Massachusetts]

1692164848932.png

[Official school seal of New York University Steinhardt in New York City, New York]

Work experience:
AgeOccupationExperience
13Dog Walker"The first job I ever had was as a dog walker. I'm not sure if I could even call it a job, all I did was walk my dog for some pocket change from my dad. I needed money to buy a sandwich at the local deli and my dad said he'd pay me to walk the dog, and then it just became a regular thing."
16Cashier"I worked as a cashier in a small coffee shop named The Daily Bagel in the United States of America. The coffee shop was a comic-book based coffee shop in the middle of New York. It's really cool! I think the shop name is derived of The Daily Bugle, from Spider-Man."
20Translator"When I finished high school, I worked as a translator for Japanese immigrants going into the States. I was one of the translators at the immigration gate in John F. Kennedy International Airport, serving in New York. I figured that since I was fluent in English and Japanese, I could become a translator, being bilingual and all."
23Internship"When I started my second year in Harvard Law, I held an internship in the District Attorney's Office of New York. It was a really cool experience and I learned a lot about hands-on law. It's probably one of the first times I was able to witness how a real trial goes."
25Paralegal"Right after I graduated Harvard, I applied and began working within a law firm as a paralegal named Miura & Watson based in New York. At the same time, I pursued a Bachelor's degree in Music, attending New York University Steinhardt. It was a bit difficult to handle the packed schedule, being a paralegal and going to school at the same time, but Music really interested me, so I decided that getting the degree could be a good back-up."
29Attorney"After I finished my Bachelor's in Music, I went and applied for the position of attorney at Miura & Watson, still the one based in New York. It was really nerveracking to become an actual lawyer, but in the end, I got the position!"
32Attorney"After a couple of years, Miura & Watson had me work a few cases in their subsidiary in Tokyo, Japan. I ended up staying in Japan and getting my Japanese citizenship legalized. I worked for the firm in Tokyo for about a year before I quit and moved to Karakura."

Political background:
Takuya Tōdō tends to maintain neutrality when it comes to politics. His experience in the United States has taught him to question politics at all times and assess before coming to a conclusion. Tōdō does not agree with either side, but rather questions which side is better or worse. Rather than picking one side, he explores each side and weighs the pros and cons. Regardless of any outcome, Tōdō remains unaffected and understandable, continuing to lack bias for either side.

Nationality & born location:
Japanese-American
United States of America

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
English
(placed for lore, obviously there isn't a /lang for English)
As a citizen of the United States, Takuya learned the English language starting from his birth, allowing him to communicate with other Americans. Additionally, his accent matches one of a New Yorker, due to living there for the beginnings of his life.
JapaneseWith his mother being Japanese, Takuya was exposed to the language since a young age, allowing him to understand and communicate with his mother at a young age, whilst also knowing English.
Japanese Sign LanguageIn company with his relocation to Tokyo, Japan, Takuya figured that learning Japanese Sign Language would be an essential for being a lawyer in the capital of the country.

Criminal record:
"My record is as clean as a whistle! Unless you count jaywalking in the streets of Manhattan. But everyone does that."

What makes you a good candidate for this job?:
"My passion for the job could definitely serve as one of the reasons I would be a decent candidate, as mentioned in my application, I've worked alongside law for about eight years, not counting my time in law school. Apart from that, my dedication and diligence would also suffice. An example of that could be how I completed my Bachelors degree in Music whilst working as a paralegal in New York. Additionally, my yearning for practicing law has made me a great candidate for this job, since most of my education, I prepared for a career in law. During my time in Stuyvesant High School, I majored in Law and Society, which grasps different concepts of the law and government of America. After I graduated, I attended Harvard Law School, an Ivy League currently ranked at an impressive number 5 on the list of law schools. After my education in law concluded, I worked as a paralegal and attorney with Miura & Watson, both in New York, as well as Tokyo. Apart from all of that, I'm talented in other fields, such as music composition, allowing me to enjoy and understand things from a unique perspective."
-T.T.
[Legal Signature of Takuya Tōdō]

Last edited:

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
ACCEPTED

After careful discussion with the Higher Ups of the faction, we've decided to accept you:

Please contact me on Discord, @Zaldoria to start the process and get you set !

Welcome to the Government Faction !

Users who are viewing this thread