oInfis_Counselor_Application.gif

────────────
<--> --+= (0) =+-- <-->
────────────
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
lyriddd

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): infi#5591

How old are you? (Optional): I am 20 years old!

What is your time zone?: BST/GMT

Describe your activity on the server:

Whilst on the server, I of course have a few different roles to play. More often than not, I play on my main account (oInfi), working as a shopkeeper and doing my best to make sure my employees are properly compensated for the work they do. Shopkeeping is a daunting yet fun task, and I very much enjoy the roleplay between my employees. That said, I also participate in scheduling and handling trials within the town faction as a judge, all while keeping a non-biased opinion on every trial/non-guilty plea that comes through the town hall. Lastly, I work as an SRP builder and work on any project that KimiNoUso wants me to complete, as well as occasionally build events and apartments for friends.

Overall, if I had to rate my activity on a scale of 1-10, I would rate it roughly a 9. I spend just about 2-4+ hours a day on SRP on the weekdays, as well as 4-8 hours on the weekends.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):

N/A

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yes, I acknowledge this, and will do my best to remain active whilst in the faction.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:

I am applying for the Counselor role!

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:

Although the counselor role is a new one, based upon previous experience with counselors, added onto the fact I plan on studying to become one, I have a decent idea of the tasks a counselor has. Counselors are the employees in the school tasked with creating an environment where students or faculty would feel comfortable discussing their issues with. They will never disclose private information about the people they work with unless the situation happens to be threatening to themselves or another person. That said, counselors also play a significant role in the career paths students choose as they go through high school or college. They help select classes, develop a career path to follow in order to pursue the job they want and work through any issues they may have within their daily schedules.

Boundaries are an extremely important quality to master as a counselor. There is a very distinct line between a professional relationship and a personal relationship in a work environment. Counselors are to remain 100% professional regardless the reputation, academic history, and personal ties with any student they help. Should a counselor feel that they cannot perform their job with no biasness whatsoever, then they are to request that a coworker come and take over the situation. Not only this, a counselor should know where to set boundaries for students, AND themselves.

Lastly, counselors are essentially the HR of a school system, they remain confidential (unless extreme circumstances require them to reveal private information to their higherups) and help create a safer and better environment for the students that come to visit them. Counselors are the individuals well versed in how the human mind works, as well as being excellent problem solvers. They are able to take any problem that faces them and come up with a solution for their client if you will one way or another.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

To better summarize my experience, I’ve divided my response up into key points. Though I have spent a great deal (roughly 6 years) roleplaying, I don’t want to flood the application and make it a bit of an eye sore to read!

Shop Faction

While in the shop faction, I’ve learned to manage my time, openings, employees, and paychecks. I’ve developed a rather unique system in which I’ve talked over with my employees and implemented a quota based method. At the end of the month, the total amount of yen made in the entire month is divided among my employees who met their quota. While in the shop, I make sure both my cashiers and security are able to complete their jobs ICly, and should they need help I am always willing to step in on my character And handle any situation given. When performing tasks like that, I heavily pay attention to my surroundings and what my employees are selling.

Town Faction

In the town faction, I play a role as Chief-Judge. It is my job to organize, approve, schedule meetings and above all else maintain a non-biased opinion when determining verdicts. I very much enjoy my time in the faction, roleplaying with other faction members and being held responsible for tasks such as reviewing cases, creating verdicts, and solving problems. Although I am currently still in the faction, I guarantee you this will not effect my time spent and dedication to the school faction should I be accepted.

Hospital Faction

I spent a decent six months in the hospital faction. During that time I grew accustomed to more detailed roleplay, all the while still getting the point across in my actions. I was able to earn the head doctor position before I eventually took my leave and claimed an adult tag. By earning the head doctor position, I proved to be active, trustworthy, a well rounded roleplayer and a leader. I enjoyed the faction, and if I could reapply in the future I definitely would. The faction itself has given me loads of experience with not only roleplay, but in depth roleplay on what to include in my actions, and what completes actions. In fact, the character I will be applying on is my old hospital character! I feel that she has the most knowledge and compassion for helping people out of all of my characters.

School Faction

I’ve got plenty of experience in the school faction, as I have participated as a teacher, professor, and school faculty member. I’ve learned how to roleplay properly with students, knowing when to be serious and enforce rules, and when to be lenient in regards to students getting a little too silly. While in the faction, I’ve taught as a high school music teacher, psychology professor, sous-chef and my most recent role mathematics teacher.

Crime faction

Yes! The crime faction! Some may say that the faction offers no constructive roleplay experience to the bunch of other factions within the server, however I have acquired loads of experience from it. As a result of leading my own gangs, as well as becoming a criminal associate within the black market, I have plenty of leadership experience gained along the way. Despite the faction itself being as cutthroat as the KPD in its own unique way, I was able to easily navigate it and find my own way through it easily. I spent a great deal of time within the faction, and strive to continue to create eye-catching events and builds for the community.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:

After hearing about this new counselor role, I really wanted to apply. Reason being is that as I’m taking a break from university, I wish to reapply for it when I move back to the US. What I’m going to be studying is psychology and sociology, in hopes of becoming a counselor myself. I feel like this role, despite it being simply a block game, will broaden the idea of dealing with students’ problems and working them through schedules as well as finding a proper career path for them. Not only that, I am adamant about this role because it has been a good four or five years since I have taken up a school employee role, and would like to throw my hat in the ring again once more. I feel like I can do a great job at working players through their IC problems, all the while remaining unbiased and kind, stern when needed throughout the process.

Who wouldn’t want to take a new role for a test run? I would love to be a part of a small group of people that are able to take the reigns of the new role and see how much it benefits the server. As I avidly enjoy helping people in general, I would love to be able to have a position where I can help players through not only an OOC perspective but an IC perspective as well.

Lastly, I want to be able to expand my knowledge of roleplay as well as being able to help players through any issues they may be facing. It’s always been a small passion of mine to help people when they need it, and I feel like a position such as counselor will give me the opportunity to be able to make that happen. I feel as if the server itself disregards newer players/players who don’t know the rules, and despite the counselor role not having that in its job description, I still believe that it will help me with teaching new players the gist of the server as well as offering new roleplay opportunities for them. I find this position a great way to show any player how to make friends and achieve their goals whilst on the server.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

ACCEPTED APPLICATIONS
https://schoolrp.net/threads/oinfi-jsl-application.38521/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/accepted-college-professor-application-infinianite.29533/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/infinianite-korean-application.14225/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/music-teacher-application.13383/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/sous-chef-application.13145/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-language.8781/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/oinfi-college-professor-application.41629/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/oinfi-build-team-application.40483/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lyriddd-ems-doctor-application.46775/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/judge-infiiiis-application.49213/

DENIED APPLICATIONS
https://schoolrp.net/threads/oinfi-event-team-application.39920/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/infinianite-korean-application.14153/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/infinianites-french-application.7980/
Black Market Dealer Application (Via Forum Conversation)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/oinfi-staff-application.48920/
Black Market Dealer Application (Via Forum Conversation)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/oinfi-staff-application.50389/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

[
Shopkeeper] [Builder] oInfi
[Judge] NoInfi
[Adult] lyriddd
[Cat] Nuggies_Chickie​

────────────
<--> --+= (0) =+-- <-->
────────────
Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Whitney would approach the student and ask them to please calm down. In the scenario that they do, she would then begin talking the student through their problems, asking them what’s been going on, trying to determine the cause of the sudden outburst. Then, she would help the student learn from their mistakes, advising them not to cause the same mistake otherwise official punishment will have to be put in place. In the event the student doesn’t calm down, Whitney would have to issue detention depending on the amount of times the student pursues the verbal attack. There are a plethora of outcomes that could happen, however I just listed the two most common ones in a school setting.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:

My character would obviously be on the defense, she would walk up to the fight and demand that they break it up. Should they both refuse upon noticing my character, she would then ask for assistance from her coworkers that are around the area. If push comes to shove, SLT will have to be involved if the students refuse to cooperate. In no capacity would Whitney lay her hands on another student, as it is against her moral compass. Whitney being a counselor, she would evidently pull the students aside after they have calmed down and speak to them about their behavior, what caused it and what could be done to prevent it in future.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:

The most important thing that anyone should do when witnessing someone doing something irresponsibly dangerous, is evaluate the situation and come up with a solution in their head before taking any sort of action. Whitney, being a counselor, would ask the employee if they have a quick time to chat. She would pull them away from the situation and talk them through the issue that’s going on, hopefully ending in a resolved conflict. Should the employee protest, Davis would go to SLT, explain the situation, and sit down to have a meeting with the employee.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?

Whitney, being the southern gem she is, is quite the social woman! She’d try not to pry- yet end up getting in on other’s business like what their next lesson plans are, how their classes are going, and getting into the gossip that goes on. She’s a fun and outgoing individual, and would probably be caught making silly games in the break room, egging on her coworkers to join in on the fun before they have to go deal with students. Whitney is a heavy coffee drinker. Not once will you catch her in the break room without a cup of coffee in her hand, whether it's from a canister or mug fresh off the machine. One may assume that she needs the extra boost of caffeine before starting her day, however that is not the case at all! She simply loves the taste of a good cup of coffee.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
sat down at the table, puffing her cheeks out while looking around her desk as if she were trying to find something. &f”A-ha!” &ushe’d exclaim, picking up a pencil found underneath a stack of papers. She’d open the notebook that was easier to find on her desk, click her pen and then begin speaking &f”So! Please note that anything you say here is confidential unless it is harmful information. Now, what seems to be the problem?” &ushe’d ask with a warm smile.

/my eyes would flutter open, she’d lift her head up from her desk, feeling a sheet of paper fall off her face as if it were poorly glued to it. &f”Eh…” &ushe’d begin… rubbing her eyes she’d look up and see her… oh. Her boss. She’d sit up straight, straighten her glasses and begin speaking &f”Good morning ma’am! What can I help you with?”

/me furrowed her eyebrows at the student who was CLEARLY breaking the rules &f”Oh come now..” &uWhitney would begin- &f”Why don’t you come to my office and we can talk through what’s going on here?” &ushe’d ask calmly, there was a warm aura about her, and her smile seemed genuine.

/me would stand up abruptly from her seat, flattening her skirt and leaning forward to straighten the mess of papers in front of her. &f"Well! I hope that this meeting had served you well, and if you need any extra assistance with your classes, or have any questions at all I am one email away!" &ushe'd exclaim with a warm smile across her face. Finally, Whitney would offer a bow as she sent off the student that had come into her office &f"Have a wonderful day." &ushe'd say, waving!​

────────────
<--> --+= (0) =+-- <-->
────────────
In-Character Section

Basic Details:
Full Name
Whitney Davis​
Title
Miss​
Preferred Name
Dr. Davis, Miss Davis​

Personal Details:
Religious Denomination
Christian​
Marital Status
In a relationship​
Nationality
American​
Current Location
Karakura, Japan​
Native Languages
English​
Other languages
Japanese, Japanese Sign Language​

Academic Details:
Academic Degree
DDiv (Doctor of Divinity Degree)​
Year of Graduation
2018​
Major(s)
Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Pharmacology​
Minors
Neuroscience, Health, Sociology​

Backstory:

Whitney was your average southern bell. She grew up in Dallas, Texas along with her several other siblings and loving parents. She had the typical southern life you would come to see in TV shows. Whitney, who had initially wanted to grow up and be a teacher like every other little girl in her school, later on changed her mind to becoming a doctor after her mother had suddenly fallen dangerously ill. Though years later she had managed to recover from her sickness, it hadn't stopped Whitney from beginning her path on becoming a doctor and helping people get better. Whitney had average grades in her elementary and middle school, though towards the beginning of her high school career she started to develop her own path towards applying for scholarships and different universities that would take her story and academic history.

Whitney Davis, a woman with an impressive academic record began her studies at the age of 18. As soon as she graduated from her high school, obtaining a full ride scholarship to Oxford University up until she got her bachelor's degree, she immediately jumped on the opportunity to pursue a career in medical practice. By the age of 19, she had fully moved herself out to attend school abroad, in person at Oxford University, England. While working two jobs as both a cashier at a local fast food chain and a cashier at a gas station, Miss Davis was working equally as hard on her studies in order to obtain her masters degree, which had not been offered to be paid for.

After obtaining her bachelors, then masters degree at the age of 26, Whitney was ready to move on to throwing her hat in at the Doctor of Divinity degree- er- with thousands of dollars in student debts. While on her way to work one morning, Whitney caught herself in a car accident, putting her out of work for months. With student loans on her back and being unable to complete her job, Whitney was required to put the remainder of her university endeavors on hold. With her masters degree, and while still recovering from her near fatal injuries, she decided to pursue a general practitioner job in the United Kingdom, on a five year work visa she’d renewed during her years of university.

During her one to two year school gap and working as a general practitioner, Davis was able to finally pay off her loans, and fully recover from her injuries. Remaining in her current job, she began her studies back at Oxford University to further pursue the DDiv degree. After three years of hard work and dedication, she made her way to Karakura Japan to work at their hospital. She had heard of their accomplishments in medicine and wanted to learn more about their practice, hopefully working alongside them. Davis worked in Karakura Hospital for four years, and by age 37 she had resigned from her job, loan free, spending what was left on her account paying for food and rent. Upon hearing about a new counselor role at the local high school/college, Davis jumped on the opportunity, as she felt her time in Karakura wasn’t quite over yet.

Motivation for Joining KHS:

“My motivation lies purely in the desire to help people. Though yes, it is a job and I need to pay my rent, I will still value the career paths of the students I help above a paycheck I receive at the end of the month. I believe that I wouldn’t be receiving said paycheck if I didn’t do my best to help the students in the school. As I’ve worked as a head doctor in Karakura Hospital in the past, it’s been brought to my attention that people will always need help. And although I have recently left my position as a doctor, I still believe there’s more I could be doing for the city aside from sit around and do nothing. I am confident that I can fulfill the requirements of this position given my academic degree, experience, and drive to help the students of this school become the best versions of themselves."

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

“Well, my first point is experience. I have a significant amount of experience in doing doctor work, which includes scheduling appointments, talking patients through their issues and determining a plausible outcome in which will make their life easier, and frequently check in on them from time to time ensuring that they are on the right path towards recovery. In short, I’m more than qualified, confident in my skills as not only a doctor but something of a counselor and have every necessary level of education required to fill the capacity of a counselor. And that, is what will make me stand out from most applicants. Secondly, I have a certain drive and will to help people. Growing up, I've been raised in a large family. A family in which I've learned that you never go anywhere without being willing to help someone on the side of the street. Not that a school is similar to an individual on the side of the street, but point is I know I can help people the best in positions such as this one. With my real world experience, age, and determination to complete my tasks at hand, I believe I am far more qualified than the other applicants.”​

────────────

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

I very much appreciate those who took their time to read the application!

Do you have any questions?:

N/A​

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Accepted

Congratulations, you have been accepted for the role of Counselor! Please ping mariav#6666 and link this application on Academics Discord to get things started.

Users who are viewing this thread