Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

morutedoll

Discord Name & Tag:

cupieheart

Which timezone are you in?

GMT+4

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/etwonnants-receptionist-application.43856/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/etonnant-etodas-event-team-application.30255/ [DENIED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/etonnants-jsl-application.41341/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/whysomochi’s-language-application.11770/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/whysomochi’s-language-application.11606/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/etonnants-rank-request.41403/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/etonnants-age-change-request.41093/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/3tonnants-news-reporter-application.53607/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/etwonnants-ems-doctor-application.51131/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/etwonnants-ems-doctor-application.46293/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/3tonnants-jin-application.53638/ [ACCEPTED]

Describe your activity on the server:

I’m extremely active on the server as of late. I graduated in June, and have now been a lot more available since I am no longer occupied with examinations, assignments, and other tasks. I acknowledge that the past two times I have applied, I have quit to focus more on my real life situation, but I can confidently say that I no longer have issues with what limited me to do my best as hospital staff and will be able to dedicate more time to the position. As of right now, I have been active on my three accounts, cupieheart, featuringrene and gyarufied. cupieheart is my main account with the College (Masters) Female Football role, while gyarufied and featuringrene are simply adult tags.

What is your motivation for applying?:

It has been quite a journey for me on SRP, around five years, though my main account has been the main focus when it came to roleplaying, though lately I have been wanting to diversify my roleplays and further my exposure to new aspects of the SchoolRP community. It started around 2021, when I first applied to the School faction as a receptionist, which developed my interest in the ‘Adult tag RP’ category, where I found myself wanting to log on to my once idle and inactive accounts to meet new peers and develop my role playing abilities past studentRP.

I then applied for the EMS faction, twice, and even though my time there was brief, it was not only a blast, but an experience I would still be blind too if I had not had the courage to send in my application. My exposure to EMS work and my fellow hospital staff also presented me with a hint of CrimeRP, as I was treating Officers and Criminals alike during my time working as a Doctor. I have also been a part of the News faction for a short while, so I would say that I have dabbled in the majority of government factions.

Recently, my friends have been persuading me to apply to the KPD, which I have been thinking about for a while anyway, so I thought that it would be a good way to not only involve myself in work with friends, but also to explore new connections and new opportunities that might come my way by doing so. While I have been around the government factions in general, the KPD will still offer me a horizon I have yet to look at, and I believe that it would be a meaningful and knowledgeable experience for my journey on SRP.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?

I must admit that all the knowledge that I have regarding KPD on SchoolRP is very limited, though I am more familiar with irl police work as I have always been interested in criminalistics and law for a while, and I plan to pursue it for University.

From my understanding of Police Work in general, here are a few important components I have decided to note down.
  1. Crime Prevention. One of the main focuses of Police work is crime prevention and control, where officers will engage in regular patrol around residential areas (neighbourhoods, apartment blocks, etc.), commercial areas such as shopping districts, as well as high crime areas to deter criminal activity and prevent further activity to continue. These patrols often develop into investigations, where officers will collect evidence such as checking surveillance footage and any physical evidence left at the scene as well as document everything including which officers were at the scene alongside them.​

2. Responding to Emergency Calls. Police officers are first responders, which means that they provide immediate assistance to fires and accidents, and of course, crimes that might occur around the town or city. Officers often respond to scenes alongside medical emergency services or fire departments respectively.

3. Closing Cases. After documenting crime and beginning an investigation, a detective’s job is to then close the case with an arrest to the perpetrator or a detainment of a suspect which can depend on the evidence and files gathered and compiled by officers which then pieces together a comprehensive and productive picture of the crime. Of course, it does not stop there, as officers are also expected to interrogate their suspects as well as collect witness and victim testimony to cross link with the possible suspects. The information gathered in a witness testimony and evidence is often used to debunk any lies or misleading information given by possible suspects or perpetrators.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?

There cannot be flame without smoke, the same way that there could not be crime without consequences. This is a seemingly straightforward concept, though some are not aware that the reason why there is a balance within Karakura is because a community cannot run without order. The KPD are part of the town’s foundation, and the thriving town is intertwined with the mechanisms of order that government factions such as the KPD adds to the School Roleplay community.

Similar to any town or city, it can only thrive in a cohesive and orderly fashion based on the factions that are running it both behind closed curtains as well as publicly. The Police force is an important aspect of the ecosystem, as it represents the duality of human nature or the yang to the yin. It reflects the inherent presence of both good and ‘bad’ aspects of human nature. This can also be said about criminal activity in general, as the ecosystem requires the both to be controlled in order to be considered successful.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?

Yes I completely understand.

In-Character (IC) Section

What's your character's full name?:

Mari Saotome

How old is your character (if accepted)?:

February 15th, 1997.

What are your character's gender and pronouns?:

Female (she/her)

Please select your highest academic role at the time of writing this application:

Adult

What languages does your character know besides Japanese?:

N/A

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?

Mari is a slender Japanese woman that holds herself to a high standard. She has a straight posture, and is rarely out of order. Her elegance is heightened by a hime haircut, where her long, dirty blonde hair cascades in inward-curled waves. This formal arrangement accentuates Mari's refined presence, embodying an air of poise and grace as well as a strong smell of cleaning supplies.

The female is extremely strong-willed and confident, having grown up in a strict and traditional Japanese family, with high moral standards and discipline. Mari learned the importance of independence, hard work and respect for elders of the Saotome family from a young age, and was encouraged by her parents to remain in the small village of Kitashiobara, where generations of her family were born and raised, as well as settled later on in life.

Aside from the strange birthmark that is hidden behind her cascading bangs, Mari was rather ordinary when it came to her facial features and her overall physique. Instead, her behaviour is what makes the dirty blonde stand out in a crowd, as from a young age, she had developed germophobia, which is the extreme fear of germs, dirt and contamination, and the obsession with cleanliness, decontamination, and the development of Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder. Many thought that Mari’s OCPD was moving pencils around in a line, or ‘fixing’ something until it's even, but no, it was instead the habit of washing her hands over and over again, and wiping the surfaces of her desk until she physically had to stop.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?

Mari was born an only child, which meant that she was given the title of heir to her father’s business as soon as she had entered highschool. The expectations and standards she has been held to since she was younger remain engraved in her head, meaning that she is a force to be reckoned with in a professional environment. She has a non-nonsense approach to business and co-workers, and she strives to get things done efficiently and effectively.

During a professional and serious situation, Mari is quick to bring out logic over emotion, and is most likely to already have facts to back up every point she brings up. Most people find Mari stubborn for this, but she knows that the only way to go about life is being rational and logical at all times, which creates the idea that the young woman is cold and unapproachable. Of course, it all depends on what type of situation it is, as Mari believes that situations should be dealt with according to their importance and seriousness, as well as their impact on her or her coworkers. Outside of work, and in a more casual setting, the female remains quite formal, but is revealed to be more awkward when it comes to interactions outside of the workplace, as she does enjoy travelling and knitting, but does not express her enjoyment of simple things to many people, regardless of how close they are to her.

During a casual outing, Mari would most likely keep to herself, and only speak up when spoken to, as aside from her own family, she does not view casual conversation with much importance to her regular life. On occasion, the female will discuss topics that are not considered occupation-related, such as communicating with extremely close friends about her life or her feelings, but that is a rare occurrence, one that is usually never brought up again after a short talk. The sight of vulnerability from Miss Saotome can be considered a once in a blue a blue moon opportunity.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?

While Mari maintains a professional and work-focused mindset when it comes to her place of work, she does not view her co-workers merely as colleagues who fulfil roles on a surface level. When it comes to teamwork, Mari knows that it also revolves around open discussions, idea sharing, and the occasional moment of relaxation. Despite her own inclination towards professional boundaries, she knows that there is a value to the diversity of communication styles within her group of coworkers. She will never complain about co-workers having their own preferences or casual conversations while working, and instead, she will keep to herself unless spoken to.

What's your character's backstory?

Born in a small village hospital in Kitashiobara of the Fukushima Prefecture, 1997, Mari was considered a blessing to the Saotome family. Her birth was not just an ordinary event; it was a significant milestone within the household. Her mother, Yukiko, often told her the stories of the parties hosted for her while growing up, and how the entire village was gathered for what was seen as a ‘blessing from the gods’. From the very beginning, Mari was always different, as the first daughter and granddaughter, she was held at a high standard and regard by many residents of the Saotome estate, and despite her clear disconnect from the group of men that inhabited the household, she was still running the same race-track as all of them.

The entire family often referred to Mari as ‘The recreation of Yukiko’, where despite her mother being alive and well, even till this day, the young girl was known to resemble her mother more than her father, in actions, in appearance, it all screamed ‘Yukiko Saotome’. Mari’s behavioural change was noticed during her late middle school years, where despite her achievements as a student, teachers would often report that Mari did not go outside during Physical Education classes, and would outright refuse any physical affection given to her by her fellow female classmates. Instead, the young girl would constantly wipe down at her desk, and refuse the service of food if it wasn’t directly handled by her person. It was not until Mari was much older, and in highschool, did she officially get diagnosed with Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder, and showed symptoms such as the aforementioned obsession with cleaning personal items and equipment, and the need for everything to be in her control for the most perfect results.

This unfortunately made the highschool girl stand out, as her formality and social isolation disconnected her from her classmates early on. It was nothing that bothered Mari Saotome, but it was incredibly obvious. So, when the time was right, her mother and father decided to pull the young girl out of school and move to Tokorozawa, in central Japan, where she was enrolled in Columbia International Private High School. Many envied Mari for this, but what they had not realised is that the lack of social skills the female had refrained her from learning any other language despite being surrounded by people of many nationalities, and frugality being engraved into her, such a costly and expensive trip as well as school had been more than just nerve wracking to the Junior. This unfortunately brought her another challenge, selective mutism.

As Mari got older, her OCPD only worsened, but she had adapted to the best of her abilities, and thankfully did not graduate University without a few friends after leaving home. Enrolled in the Waseda University School of Law in 2015, as well as continuing her Master’s Degree, Mari was considered extremely intelligent and passed her courses with flying colours, it was not until 2022 did she enter the Metropolitan Police Academy in Tokyo, where she trained for 10 months and was stationed in Karakura. Her mother and father unfortunately did not approve of Mari’s decision to join the police force, as she remained their only child, and for that, they decided not to follow Mari to Karakura in hopes of her returning to Kitashiobara in the near future. This had severely impacted the now 26 year old woman, as she went back to her quiet and lonesome persona.

General knowledge

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

Absolutely not. As stated by laws and regulation,
“The unlawful possession of illegal weaponry that is capable of extensive harm.” is considered a felony and is regarded as a major crime that could land the perpetrator in prison for three months if found guilty.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription

Melatonin
Iron Supplements
Multivitamins
Paracetamol
And Cough syrup

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?

“To simply ignore it would also mean ignoring and betraying everything I stand for. This is a clear abuse of power. First, I would attempt to disconnect the abuser from the abused, by pulling the officer away from the in-mate or asking for backup to assist in the separation of the two. As the inmate would be the abused, I would consider prioritising them depending on the injuries present. Any severe injuries will result in the Emergency Services contacted immediately. In the meantime, the officer responsible for excessive use of force and abuse of power will immediately be reported to higher-ups, and any weapons they had used to inflict harm upon inmates will be confiscated, as their actions are condemnable. I would then remind the officer of Article 10 of The Constitution, which states that “All citizens have a right to protection from police misconduct. Any unwarranted or excessive use of force will result in a felony to law enforcement involved, including to law enforcement that obstruct or fail to report said misconduct.” “

“Must I remind you? We’re all equal in the Court of Law.”

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?

“Similarly, I would not sit back and watch. I would once again attempt to separate the two, and detain the perpetrator immediately. Of course, this depends on the severity of the situation, as verbal assault or threats will be met with warnings, but any physical retaliation afterwards will lead to the attempt to vanquish the perp by using the stun blaster provided to every officer, which is not a use of extensive force, as it will temporarily halt all actions of the assaulter and allow for a safer detainment via handcuffs. The same perpetrator will keep the handcuffs on till further notice if the attack was physical to avoid any further alterations to occur inside the Police Department.

The officer will be given medical attention immediately respective to the severity of their injuries.

If already arrested prior to the assault, then a felony will be added to their list of charges before they appear in front of a judge, as “Assault of a Government Official” has a sentence of six months.”

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organisations?

“This of course cannot be a one time thing, and if caught, the corrupt co-worker will be watched closely, and will not patrol alone until they are clear of suspicion. If not, all evidence of their activity and behaviour will be documented and photographed respectively, before being sent to higher-ups with no argument. I would not even attempt to approach the corrupt co-worker, who knows what they would do? Instead, I would keep my distance, and operate the same way I would for any case. Truly, while this is a crime to be reported, the person must know that this rarely leads to mine or fellow co-workers deception, but is instead the deception of oneself, and the hardest tumble that person can take, is the trip over their own blunder.”

“You’re filthy, and you hate it, don’t you?”

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?

“I would find it rather disrespectful, because not only does it present the assumption that I will simply be swayed by cash, but it also challenges my morals and my position in the force. If a few thousand yen could turn me into something filthy, then I never deserved this position to begin with. If a criminal attempted to bribe me, I would have no other choice but to add that fine to their file, as well as increase the bail depending on what they’re in for in the first place, and remind them that no money could cover up the crimes they’ve committed to be in this position they put themselves in. If you cannot handle the police force and the court of law, then why are you committing crimes?”

“That’s a finable offence, since you can offer me that money rather easily, then increasing your bail will be no issue, will it?”

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to give you a chance at becoming part of our faction!​

WHAT NOW?
-
In order to proceed, you will need to join the discord server that house
the faction you have applied for. To find it, go to the SchoolRP discord
server (CLICK HERE) and search for our discord server!

- We will also need you to be online to receive your introductions and
the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as part of the faction!​

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (@Yonio) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread