mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Serious Attribute Thread

Lazeas

Level 46
For staff: Before you read, I want to clarify that I did suggest this before, but I'm posting again because I've come up with a new rebuttal. I ask that you please read and give this thread some time before thoroughly reviewing it.

IGN: Lazeas
DATE: 3/9/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Increase speed/swim EXP gain, as I believe the EXP gain was recently accidentally decreased due to the attribute update. If not by accident, buff/increase it.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Due to the attribute update, Speed/Swim now gives 3x less EXP than originally. This now makes the JOURNEY to get speed and swim much much LONGER. Even ACROBATICS, notorious for taking years to max prior to the attribute update, is now WAY faster than both swim and speed. I clarified this in my previous post here
I am very disappointed in the staff team's decision to deny my previous suggestion as it was very much WANTED and NEEDED change. The reasoning for its denial was due to the fact that the plugin is supposedly not designed to be grinded, and it's there for you to evolve and progress as you play with your character. However, something that isn't considered is the NEW player experience, not alts, NEW PLAYERS. Most people aren't thinking about this since they already have maxed out their characters in most attributes, mainly SPEED, which, as I mentioned previously, was 3x easier to level up than it is currently. So most experienced players should have no right to talk about the "Journey" or the "Adventure" of gaining attributes as the CURRENT new player experience is now subpar to the one they had. Let's take, for example, a new player that wants to join the swim or track team, those teams have requirements of usually 25-50% speed/swim to join the teams, which makes sense, and that should not change, BUT as I said in my previous thread, this would take 12 weeks of playing 20 hours a week consecutively. To only reach 25% in either of those attributes. By those numbers, I am not referring to grinding. Those numbers are the average speed gain from someone who roleplays normally, not grinds. It's not fair to expect a new player to play on the server for that long of a time to finally reach a certain requirement so they can get a CHANCE to participate in something like TeamRP.
Don't even get me started on the sports that involve an actual plugin. A new player stands no chance against an experienced player, who has max speed (which was easier to max before), in ANY plugin due to the insane difference low vs max speed is. You could also make a whole argument about GangRP and whatnot, but I won't touch on that.

I want to restate a previous point I made earlier because It's really important. Speed and swim EXP gain were NERFED. Most of you are already max speed so think about how long it took you to get max speed before, whether grinding an alt or playing on your main during greenie days. Maybe it took you 2 months? Now multiply that by 3. It would take you 6 months. That is absurd. This is the current state of speed and swim.

"If everything was easy there would be no point in doing it." There's a difference between making something easy and making something fair. This is not an MMO. It's a roleplay server. Players do not want to spend months, if not years, on the server to finally reach max speed/swim, let alone those who choose to grind for hundreds of hours - especially for those whose character goals are to join the track team or the swimming team.

Please reconsider reverting/buffing the speed and swim rates. Not only do a majority of experienced players agree with this change, but the way it is now restricts new players and discourages them from trying out new roleplays, even after they reach grade 12.

Last edited:

dorian

Level 11
hotwiring
hotwiring
Rich
Your point on new players was really important to touch on. It’s unfair to stunt the progression of a newcomer’s roleplay by pushing them away from teams or even from applying for roles like KPD, which are made far easier with leveled up attributes. Something commonly forgotten in suggestions along the lines of this one is that SRP is gaining dozens of new players by the day, and as they go along and learn what the server has to offer, finding out that it’ll take months for them to even be considered for things like teams isn’t going to persuade them to stay

Yeah good suggestion +1

SheLuvKevin

Level 5
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: UnNerf speed/swim EXP gain, as I believe the EXP gain was recently accidentally nerfed due to the attribute update. If not by accident, buff it.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Due to the attribute update, Speed/Swim now gives 3x less EXP than originally. This now makes the JOURNEY to get speed and swim much much LONGER. Even ACROBATICS, notorious for taking years to max prior to the attribute update, is now WAY faster than both swim and speed. I clarified this in my previous post https://schoolrp.net/threads/new-speed-swim-attribute-grind.58328/
I am very disappointed in the staff team's decision to deny my previous suggestion as it was very much WANTED and NEEDED change. The reasoning for its denial was due to the fact that the plugin is supposedly not designed to be grinded, and it's there for you to evolve and progress as you play with your character. However, something that isn't considered is the NEW player experience, not alts, NEW PLAYERS. Most people aren't thinking about this since they already have maxed out their characters in most attributes, mainly SPEED, which, as I mentioned previously, was 3x easier to level up than it is currently. So most experienced players should have no right to talk about the "Journey" or the "Adventure" of gaining attributes as the CURRENT new player experience is now subpar to the one they had. Let's take, for example, a new player that wants to join the swim or track team, those teams have requirements of usually 25-50% speed/swim to join the teams, which makes sense, and that should not change, BUT as I said in my previous thread, this would take 12 weeks of playing 20 hours a week consecutively. To only reach 25% in either of those attributes. By those numbers, I am not referring to grinding. Those numbers are the average speed gain from someone who roleplays normally, not grinds. It's not fair to expect a new player to play on the server for that long of a time to finally reach a certain requirement so they can get a CHANCE to participate in something like TeamRP.
Don't even get me started on the sports that involve an actual plugin. A new player stands no chance against an experienced player, who has max speed (which was easier to max before), in ANY plugin due to the insane difference low vs max speed is. You could also make a whole argument about GangRP and whatnot, but I won't touch on that.

I want to restate a previous point I made earlier because It's really important. Speed and swim EXP gain were NERFED. Most of you are already max speed so think about how long it took you to get max speed before, whether grinding an alt or playing on your main during greenie days. Maybe it took you 2 months? Now multiply that by 3. It would take you 6 months. That is absurd. This is the current state of speed and swim.

"If everything was easy there would be no point in doing it." There's a difference between making something easy and making something fair. This is not an MMO. It's a roleplay server. Players do not want to spend months, if not years, on the server to finally reach max speed/swim, let alone those who choose to grind for hundreds of hours - especially for those whose character goals are to join the track team or the swimming team.

Please reconsider reverting/buffing the speed and swim rates. Not only do a majority of experienced players agree with this change, but the way it is now restricts new players and discourages them from trying out new roleplays, even after they reach grade 12.
+1

KyungXx

Level 6
Honestly i think how it was before was alright/good, it was not too fast, but also not to slow. But 3x slower is just usless and meh, cuz like, why??
Good suggestion +1

Yudao_

Level 1
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: UnNerf speed/swim EXP gain, as I believe the EXP gain was recently accidentally nerfed due to the attribute update. If not by accident, buff it.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Due to the attribute update, Speed/Swim now gives 3x less EXP than originally. This now makes the JOURNEY to get speed and swim much much LONGER. Even ACROBATICS, notorious for taking years to max prior to the attribute update, is now WAY faster than both swim and speed. I clarified this in my previous post https://schoolrp.net/threads/new-speed-swim-attribute-grind.58328/

+1

AttainSlayz

Level 3

+1

katxsq

Level 2
kkxviiz
kkxviiz
Notable

+1

Nattyloo06

Level 12
Nattyloo06
Nattyloo06
Omega+
Your point on new players was really important to touch on. It’s unfair to stunt the progression of a newcomer’s roleplay by pushing them away from teams or even from applying for roles like KPD, which are made far easier with leveled up attributes. Something commonly forgotten in suggestions along the lines of this one is that SRP is gaining dozens of new players by the day, and as they go along and learn what the server has to offer, finding out that it’ll take months for them to even be considered for things like teams isn’t going to persuade them to stay

Yeah good suggestion +1
Totally agree with this comment, and @Lazeas Suggestion, I have a friend who's just joined SRP recently these past few weeks, It had only taken me till grade 12 to get to speed 100, which for me wasn't bad at all, I mean it coulda been faster but yeah. My friend is now in grade 11, possibly grade 12 now, since he was a greenie the first thing he asked when I met him was where the dean was at so he could join the basketball team, when he was in grade 8-9 smthing like that I got him to meet a college basketball player who had trained him a bit but he was to slow to learn much, he's still almost just as slow while he practices, he's a great player already but all he needs is a little speed which has been holding him back from joining the team all in one.

Definitely +1!!

tong

Level 69
psychoment
psychoment
Rich
i noticed the nerf when i was doing the swimming up and down method on my kpd account
definitely revert the nerf i don't think i'm getting to 50% or even 100% over time

+1

Users who are viewing this thread