mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SUGGESTION/RANT | GangRP is ruining the server

Nova

Level 36

Yes - people are banned from SRP (myself included) ; but for most reasons only GangRP’ers get ‘shame’ for being banned, but let’s be honest - 90% of the ‘SCHOOLRP Community’ are toxic individuals. Some of the members of different teams in the Community are very toxic - yet they get appreciated for what they do and contribute to the Community.

People do get strikes, the ‘Blacklists’ for GangRP are decided by the staff involved & how long the blacklist is. The toxicity in ‘GangRP’ will always be like that and most likely will not change.
+1

Beanfart

Level 13
+1
I hate having to worry about getting brutally murdered because I smacked some dude with a bat. It makes fighting not worth it because you know immediately after 5 dudes with katanas and nagis are going to stab your eye out. GangRP should be re made along with the permissions.

idk my name

Level 4
ya I know I like that post. But back to the thread on gangrp, so basically its flawd if you haven't tried it but its good when you actually get good rolls and have fun killing and mugging things such as money and more etc.
i’ve been gangrping for 2 years now, i’ve seen ups and downs in the system and yes it’s fun here and there but it just gets boring, especially when you’ve been doing it for so long

Lizalopod

Level 130
hmmm "simply roleplaying," eh? let's go down the list of how u can get perms!

ko perms:
harassing, assaulting, scamming, threatening, false accusations
none of these things are "simply roleplaying" the harassing, assaulting, scamming, and threatening is pretty obvious why not, but the false accusations isn't either because what would you be falsely accusing that they would want to use the perms on? definitely not something that's considered "simple roleplaying"

major perms:
ko'd, held in confined space against will, being kidnapped, and being given fractured bones while fighting.
NONE OF THESE ARE REMOTELY CLOSE TO SIMPLE ROLEPLAYING

kill perms:
honestly i don't think i even have to go through these, if you do one of these it's not simple roleplaying it's gangrping to a pretty high extent. The only one here that could be considered simple roleplaying is snitching, however this is BY FAR the easiest one to avoid. LIKE WHAT DID THAT PERSON DO THAT U CONSIDER SIMPLE ROLEPLAYING IM CONFUSED
Dude the point he made flew like 2 miles above your head

He meant people getting caught in the gnagrp crossfire for dumb reasons that shouldn't happen normally, in Alexandra's case (forgive me if I'm wrong) she casually threatened someone and a gang almost killed her (or did idk)

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
Dude the point he made flew like 2 miles above your head

He meant people getting caught in the gnagrp crossfire for dumb reasons that shouldn't happen normally, in Alexandra's case (forgive me if I'm wrong) she casually threatened someone and a gang almost killed her (or did idk)
Casually threatened…. But yeah in that case it’s always up to the people to deal with it in any way they feel. It’s like a fight or flight situation. Someone threatens you, you either chicken out by it or beat them up. I’m not saying it’s completely right to have her limbs removed or whatever they were planning to do but if your character has been around in Karakura for a very long time technically, everyone would know how the system works so nobody dares try to do anything too hectic like calling the police when they witness gang activity in front of them. But if she wasn’t around for that long to underStand that gangs are a common fear in Karakura then that’s understandable why she didn’t hold back (I know the person is playing their character correctly I’m just saying in a point of view of the character themselves) because she doesn’t know what goes on after a quick little threat is made.
“Trust nobody and mind your business” is the quote to live by nowadays if you want to survive but befriend the right people and you won’t need to feel threatened. Anyways yeah pretty crazy

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
1+ thread, I speak mainly with points brought up by @Tarxan, @Kana & finally @hebwig mainly with her points about FantasyRP which I am a great supporter of!

points made by @YonioTheNacho whilst being relevant & mostly correct show a indecisiveness that the playerbase shouldn't have to deal with.

The server should be making full measures in assuring quality and a better experiences for the players. To quote the best show in history;
Hmph. Of course. Just trying to do the right thing. But two weeks later, he killed her. Of course. Caved her head in with the base of Waring blender. We got there and there was so much blood you can taste the metal. The moral of the story is I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures, Walter.
The correct way to deal with this situation is to oppose it directly instead of waiting around for the community to do something about it (not only a lazy & uninspired route but also impractical given how this servers gangrp sub-community is) The correct decision is to follow through with what's been suggested, find a middle ground we can all agree on progress wise and then test that out until we find what works for SRP.

ALSO on another note:
Yk what? wanna know what to change with gangrp?
TOXICITY
i know many toxic people while gangrping and it kinda sucks to have your arm chopped off, and then have them say, WHILE YOU'RE TYPING "painrp painrp WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING PAINRP YOU UGLY ASS BITCH!!! YOU SUCK I HOPE YOU DIE IN A HOLE ALL ALONE THEN GET EATEN BY WORMS AHAHAAAAA"
Like honestly, bunnierp is awesome, but she's super toxic. Also, i remember when a bunch of people were perm banned unappealable for toxicity while gangrping, and I guess this has been happening for a while! take this for instance
View attachment 24971
View attachment 24972
I just feel like we should start some sort of revolutionary rule about toxicity, so that we can start gangrp over, fresh of toxic people!
Here's a way it could be done:
If someone is banned or warned from toxicity, then they could either get a strike or some sort of thing, or maybe if it's enough toxicity they will be blacklisted from gangrp. Until ofc, they appeal the ban AND the gangrp blacklist! This could potentially correct all sorts of things that have to deal with toxicity.
Also I might make this a suggestion, but maybe not if someone else does then credit me because I would love for this to be a thing due to how much people are oocly toxic while gangrping
hey man maybe don't namedrop other players in a post talking about how toxicity is bad because hypocrisy is a bit silly (personal opinion, do what you want)

as for what your opinion is.. whilst coming from a good place(?) your solution to it doesn't really do anything but waste staff time & slow down application marking process across the entire server which wouldnt be good, at least for me I want my applications to be marked sooner rather then later.

Last edited:

Nova

Level 36
did you just call me toxic...?
Anyway as for what you said other than the part that hurts, I'm just saying that this should be a thing, just like frp has you apply and things. However, don't get me wrong and think I'm saying to whitelist all of schoolrp, I don't really want that. However whitelisting gangrp would be sorta good for some people.
I could definitely agree on having GangRP whitelisted. Whitelisted to people who understand that others know how to play the game instead of spamming /sit or /lay after tackling you. A big problem I have noticed is a lot of the yammering there is in the LOOC chat when you are simply attempting to keep track with the rolls. It is almost like they do that on purpose so you'd lose any crucial rolls, as that has occurred to me at some point in time. It is also really lame how people act towards these players OOCly after defeating them ICly.
1640164241806.png
I do know that the character did not have a disability, so those last words in the statement was completely unnecessary considering it was supposed to be a meaningless comment, without those last words it would be just that, but they took it to another level. These are the kind of toxic people that will take it seriously outside of roleplay, and it's just a little frustrating when you are trying your best to keep up with their nonsense.

Nova

Level 36
I completely agree. I always see people in ooc talking about things like that. I feel like it should also be harder to gain perms on people that can't really fight back, but that would be hard to implement so I don't see any real point in doing this other than convenience for few people. Also wanna make this a suggestion in another thread? I feel like this has turned into another suggestion entirely
I would be more than happy to begin another suggestion, my character was literally that 41 year old "with a disability". I'll literally title it "Gangrpers should literally shut up when fighting" because that's all they should really do unless a rule has really been broken.

I think I am also going to keep having screenshots like this accumulate.

Perhaps instead of age requirements and more, I think a whitelist would be able to solve everything and weed out players that do not know how to really roleplay, players who do not put in all that effort to actually adding personality to their characters other than flexing their egos in public with killing or knocking out a character because they lost a petty fight.

Last edited:

dão aula e olham tudo

Level 13
rottenspits
rottenspits
Rich
This issue is deeper than you think, and it comes from years of bad management and development of combat and Criminal/GangRP culture.

The community isn't mature for a change like this yet. A place where most of CriminalRPers treat the gameplay in the most mechanical way possible and ICly screams "oh my god gang, this cop tased me, now we can kill him!" instead of enforcing an organic roleplay experience isn't ready to face these changes.

No, the GangRP environment won't change if this suggestion is accepted. Yes, the permissions system is old and obsolete, but it also has been developed in a way that almost forces CriminalRPers to play SRP for its mechanics, and not for the roleplay itself. But again, the community simply can't play without a set of guidelines rulling how they should act if X thing happens, and as surprising as it sounds, and I know most people will be surprised by reading this, but there are and have been countless successful roleplay communities that don't have a set of permissions and what you're allowed to do after Mr. Harold punches your nose and steals your weapon, and those communities work extremely well.

The changes proposed in this topic won't fix GangRP, and no suggestion that proposes a large list of changes will. The community needs to mature, projects lead by the own community and encouraged/supported by the Staff could completely change the current culture we have around Criminal/GangRP, but you can't expect that from an inconsistent staff team that, by its majority, ignores DMs and projects that can actually change the Criminal and GangRP environment. Apart from that, the own GangRP community doesn't know how to do anything but to create copycat gangs that are moved by the gaining and execution of permissions and nothing else. The great majority of the players are not creative or simply prefer the same cliche roll-based 24/7 combat that is nowadays GangRP, and the Staff is used to the classic "no player in this community is able to innovate, so we will simply not give attention to those who are, because we believe that they are all the same", ignoring those who actually have a good project.

This server's Staff has no internal team responsible for the factions on the server; an actual Faction Team. A team that would offer the factions the assistance/support they need. The Criminal/GangRP is driven by the factions. There needs to be an internal team in the Staff Team that takes care of them. To apply sanctions and oversee the criminal factions that are on this server. Players with bad reputation keep creating throwaway factions with throwaway leaders with the sole purpose of PvP'ing and playing SRP for the mechanics. This server is toxic because it has a badly-managed combat system driven by badly-managed factions with no supervision what-so-ever, and this has been happening for years.

The current permissions system is old and prevents the player from roleplaying and forces them to follow strict guidelines that make everything mechanical and non-organic. GangRP is ruining the server because it's led by toxic players with little to no supervision, around projects with the same intent; PvP, perm-farming and absence of creative roleplay dynamics/ideas.

Last edited:

Lizalopod

Level 130
This issue is deeper than you think, and it comes from years of bad management and development of combat and Criminal/GangRP culture.

The community isn't mature for a change like this yet. A place where most of CriminalRPers treat the gameplay in the most mechanical way possible and ICly screams "oh my god gang, this cop tased me, now we can kill him!" instead of enforcing an organic roleplay experience isn't ready to face these changes.

No, the GangRP environment won't change if this suggestion is accepted. Yes, the permissions system is old and obsolete, but it also has been developed in a way that almost forces CriminalRPers to play SRP for its mechanics, and not for the roleplay itself. But again, the community simply can't play without a set of guidelines rulling how they should act if X thing happens, and as surprising as it sounds, and I know most people will be surprised by reading this, but there are and have been countless successful roleplay communities that don't have a set of permissions and what you're allowed to do after Mr. Harold punches your nose and steals your weapon, and those communities work extremely well.

The changes proposed in this topic won't fix GangRP, and no suggestion that proposes a large list of changes will. The community needs to mature, projects lead by the own community and encouraged/supported by the Staff could completely change the current culture we have around Criminal/GangRP, but you can't expect that from an inconsistent staff team that, by its majority, ignores DMs and projects that can actually change the Criminal and GangRP environment. Apart from that, the own GangRP community doesn't know how to do anything but to create copycat gangs that are moved by the gaining and execution of permissions and nothing else. The great majority of the players are not creative or simply prefer the same cliche roll-based 24/7 combat that is nowadays GangRP, and the Staff is used to the classic "no player in this community is able to innovate, so we will simply not give attention to those who are, because we believe that they are all the same", ignoring those who actually have a good project.

This server's Staff has no internal team responsible for the factions on the server; an actual Faction Team. A team that would offer the factions the assistance/support they need. The Criminal/GangRP is driven by the factions. There needs to be an internal team in the Staff Team that takes care of them. To apply sanctions and oversee the criminal factions that are on this server. Players with bad reputation keep creating throwaway factions with throwaway leaders with the sole purpose of PvP'ing and playing SRP for the mechanics. This server is toxic because it has a badly-managed combat system driven by badly-managed factions with no supervision what-so-ever, and this has been happening for years.

The current permissions system is old and prevents the player from roleplaying and forces them to follow strict guidelines that make everything mechanical and non-organic. GangRP is ruining the server because it's led by toxic players with little to no supervision, around projects with the same intent; PvP, perm-farming and absence of creative roleplay dynamics/ideas.
Still think perms should be redone as soon as possible. Making more changes that encourage proper roleplay shouldn't be held up until the community "matures" because let's face it, if you leave it like it is its just going to continue.

Also, that factions idea is.. already a thing- there is a criminal faction that oversees gnagrp stuff.

If you wanna target the toxic players, giving them time to learn won't fix anything, they're just gonna continue to be toxic yknow.

dão aula e olham tudo

Level 13
rottenspits
rottenspits
Rich
Still think perms should be redone as soon as possible.
I agree.

Making more changes that encourage proper roleplay shouldn't be held up until the community "matures" because let's face it, if you leave it like it is its just going to continue.
No matter what changes are made, the GangRP community won't become less toxic and mechanical. This is a cultural thing and most likely won't change if a rule here and there is tweaked, or if the way this permission should be applied changes. I guarantee you.

Also, that factions idea is.. already a thing- there is a criminal faction that oversees gnagrp stuff.
Don't get things wrong. A criminal faction is a gang, criminal family or organization composed by players. I'm talking about an internal team composed by Staff members. And yeah, I know there is one (or at least, one that does a similar thing), which is why I used terms such as "little to no supervision" and "an actual Faction Team", wishing for a team that works properly, with more efficiency and shows results. As I also said, Criminal/GangRP is driven, obviously, by the criminal factions. If the GangRP community is toxic and ruining the server, those are the guys you point your fingers at, and if you have a reason to point your fingers at them, it means someone isn't doing their job right.

If you wanna target the toxic players, giving them time to learn won't fix anything, they're just gonna continue to be toxic yknow.
Absolutely not what I said.

Last edited:

idk my name

Level 4
I agree with this. GangRP community members have been given two years without major rule changes “waiting” for change in the toxicity but everything only got worse.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich

massive +1
best post so far in this thread.

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+

Well said, this is the best answer so far and depicts what a good amount of players might think regarding the lack of proper administration in GangRP area. This answer is nothing but mere facts.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+

Popped off. As you should.

Users who are viewing this thread