mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Tibasu || Shop Application

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
IGN: I would like to have this role on my alt, HighlightedKin!

Discord: HighlightedTwin#8826

Describe your activity on the server:
I am active almost every day. My activity would be fairly high in green during weekends, holidays, and generally, anytime I don’t have to deal with school. In my timezone being EST/EDT, I’m active between the times of 11am to 2am the next day during my breaks/holidays/weekends. During school time, I’m active from around 4pm or 5pm to 1am. I try to be active on both my main and alt accounts depending on if I’m planning to do an activity for each of them.

Previous applications:
Teacher Applications: All Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/science-teacher-application.20127/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/reapply-science-teacher-app.22163/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/teacher-application.26741/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/subject-change-teacher-app.29909/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/highlightedtwins-professor-application.38378/

Language Applications: All Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-application.20169/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/yumyip%E2%80%99s-french-app.21160/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-language-app.27068/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application.38493/

Other Applications: 2 Accepted 2 Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/highlightedtwin-staff-application.20806/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/yumyips-shop-application.20917/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/service-dog-application.27131/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/college-application.27686/

Previous warns/kicks/bans:
Ban for ERP and warned/banned on alt for incorrect usage of /me. I’m disappointed in myself hMpH.

Shop wanted:
Any location that becomes available is fine. Whatever shop location I receive, I will have it remodeled, having a custom shop called Tibasu. More explained about this beautiful potential shop in questions answered below!

Why do you want to own a shop?:
Initial Motivation
My initial motivation stems from a very long time ago when I first joined SRP. After viewing all the shops and seeing that players can own shops, I made it my goal to apply for a shop myself. Even with failed attempts, it didn’t stop me completely from giving up. I sought to even talk to a shop owner about the possibility of turning their business into something different. I even thought about possibly getting rid of the old tailor shop that used to be in the shopping district to be replaced as a real player-run shop. Though I guess someone beat me to it and that’s alright! I personally liked the ideology of viewing SRP- being a roleplay server- a simulation of real-life scenarios and therefore sought to take on certain positions of the server that I would want to experience firsthand before the real big thing!

Adding Something Different
I desperately tried my best to come up with ideas that could potentially add something to what SRP currently has though I was never fully satisfied by them. The only idea I feel would have been the best was my original Net Cafe! However, as much as I was passionate about the project as well as a previous one, it finally clicked to me that the base of those ideas were pretty much overused.

More than half the current shops around in the shopping district are either food places or convenience stores at their base cores. A few jewelry and liquor stores, a full-on unique club even if it’s not directly a shop, and a bowling alley that’s- rarely ever open. I wanted to make sure the plan and concept of the shop I want would be unique! Not something where players would say “oh you wanna go to that food place” and then the other person is like “which one?” I want them to be able to have a conversation like that without having to ask ‘which’ shop because there are so many that are essentially the same.

The Inspiration For The Idea
You may be wondering what exactly is Tibasu supposed to be and where did the idea actually originate from. Sometimes my ideas just start flowing out of nowhere especially when I don’t actually try to think too much about it which I somewhat take a bit of pride in!

Tibasu is a mix of a tea house and bathhouse under one big roof! Usually on YouTube when I see people visit Japan, comfort is one of the biggest things people look forward to. The hot springs, the public baths, little fish eating dead skin off your feet- it’s real and you can definitely search it up- to provide their customers a place of comfort and relaxation! When the idea came to me, I really took a deep passion for it as I felt it’s something new and very useful in the long run for people to enjoy. I wanted to focus more on a place for relaxing and hanging out with friends and family as a means to be able to bond much more closely with each other. Such a thing should provide proper healing for those with a ton of stress and anger built up to release and let it go as they dip their toes into some clean hot water.

Working for the Community
I actually want to give the community another proper place for roleplay experiences to occur. I want to use this shop as the best opportunity for a lot of different roleplay scenarios to happen, whether I would have to work with the adults, the students, other shop owners, etc...

I want to be the person people can go to when they have an interesting idea. As an open-minded person wanting to explore the many perspectives of others, understanding and learning the different sides of a story, I want to help develop a bit more lore for the town of Karakura! In order to do this, I want to propose many helpful and fun mini-events while being active in this role.

Taking on Projects
As explained previously, the simulation that SRP provides encourages me to want to apply for such a position. I enjoy taking on projects that put my abilities to the challenge. It’s a great opportunity to prove how useful of an asset I can be for the server but mainly towards the community in putting forth some ideas that keep people entertained.

Conclusion
To summarize a bit, I want to take a step into the world of shop owning, being a businesswoman- or man since my character is a guy- and providing a spectacular experience for both myself, my employees, and the entire community if possible.

What do you plan to do with the shop?:
Tibasu is a teahouse combined with a bathhouse. The idea is that customers will be able to relax in a beautiful traditionally decorated teahouse to sip on some hot tea while laying or sitting on some comfortable mat pads with an additional option of visiting the baths to relax in with their friends and/or family. I have a couple of ideas already planned which I will list below!

How will you find potential employees?:
There will be 3 parts to finding the best employees. I will have to work with the participants' schedule and time zones in order for it to work efficiently though this is what I plan to do:

1. The people of Karakura may submit their applications, earning a ticket to being an eligible person to work at the shop. The application will require basic oocly information, a bit of knowledge about the person, the position they will apply for, and the way they roleplay. Regardless of how detailed someone can make their /me’s or /it’s, there will be training provided to strengthen their ability to detail their actions.

2. After I have gone through all of the applications, I will be contacting those who I feel are suitable to take on the job where we will schedule a few training sessions to improve on the areas they may lack in! During this time I may invite some special guests to give their honest critique of their performance.

3. After they have passed their training sessions, they are considered a fully qualified employee! Congratulations!

This may seem to take a bit of time which is perfectly fine! As soon as the shop is approved and the builders start working on it, this will all be taking place with a small request of a mini booth to pass out applications as the training session may take place in another shop once I receive permission to do so. By the time training is over, the shop may be close to being finished/completed!

How will the employees work?:
After becoming fully-fledged employees, they will work accordingly to their position they signed up for. Providing a full-scope roleplay experience for the customer to base the rest of their roleplay response on! I will describe a few of the possible positions here for this shop:

Manager - I may need a few managers to- well, manage the shop in my place of course! This is in case I’m not able to attend my shop due to real-life occurrences that happen. They will also manage supply, staffing, and money!

Cashier - This may be a bit of a tea house and bathhouse combined but we still have to sell something! The cashiers will be there to help the customer with either a takeout order or with the transaction of one of our custom items!

Waiter - The waiters will seat the customers and take their lovely orders! They will need to be on their toes, providing a wonderful experience for them as they may have the most interactions with customers. We put the customer needs first depending on what type of situation has developed.

Bathhouse Attendant - I will have bathhouse attendants to manage the bathhouse. They will be managing how many people are going in and out of the bathhouse. No. The bathhouse isn’t free! So they will indeed collect the payment from the guest.

What does it look like?:
My idea is to bring a more traditional looking Japanese-styled shop into place, being mainly out of spruce and/or dark oak with the sliding doors, tables low to the ground with little comfortable mats as seating. Sliding doors will be used for the bathhouse to separate a big public bath from small private baths (private baths will cost more) and a section with lockers to get changed!

Here are some references below:

What are we selling?:
For the tea house side of Tibasu, we will sell:

Bamboo Tea: Tea In Bamboo Cups- ¥5,000

Strawberry tea - ¥5,000

Mini Cakes Platter - ¥10,000

Log Cake - ¥12,000

Bamboo Cake - ¥15,000

Morning Tea Set: Tea with biscuits and a cup of strawberries - ¥20,000

Fruit Platter: Strawberries, mango, watermelon, Kiwi, Apples, Oranges- ¥10,000

For the bathhouse side of Tibasu, we will sell:

Scented Bath Bombs: Strawberry, Chocolate, Blueberry, Vanilla, Roses - ¥6,000 each

Bath Bomb Set - ¥20,000

Private Bath - 10 minutes in the private bath, ¥70,000.

Public Bath - 10 minutes in the public bath, ¥30,000.

Reservations:

Family Reservations - 30 minutes in the public bath, ¥200,000

VIP Reservations - 30 minutes in a public bath, ¥150,000

Prices may change after many reevaluations but this is what I would put forward for now!

Is there a discord?:
Yes! It is currently finished with everything properly set up! I like to run at an efficient pace so I made sure to get it done regardless of the outcome. If you want to join or if you simply have more questions about the discord and/or this shop then send me a DM!

Our logo is basically a panda cub drinking from a bamboo cup! Very adorable, I know! We also handle applications and bathhouse reservations through our simple system. We have private chats dedicated to the staff team and an extra one to discuss with other shop owners!

Here is the shop logo:

How will your shop be unique?:
I feel as though my shop would be different, special in a way where it doesn't exist so far in SRP and it would be a great and fun experience to have something new!

What makes this shop different?:
Firstly, the entire concept makes this different as it’s a combined place of eatery and relaxation! Imagine sipping on a nice cup of tea while relaxing in one of our steaming baths with your bath bomb causing a delightful scent as the aroma fills the room and the calming sounds of vibrations. Very the****utic after a long day of work and stress.

Secondly, it’s navigation and possible design of the shop, the decorations. The goal is to have it appear as traditional as possible. Most shops are somewhat on the modern design side while I feel as the traditional look makes it cozier, open-aired, natural lighting and less air conditioning as we rely on the windiness of the day yet still making sure it's cool enough for those who step inside.

Thirdly, the atmosphere and vibes me and my future employees will try to provide in the workplace. We are to understand that we are family/friends within the workplace as a strong bond between employer & employee is very important in order to keep the foundation of the business stable. Together we carry Tibasu as the beautiful, full-of-potential, extraordinary child of the family that we would want to see as a success while it continues to grow in popularity. With this overwhelming wholesome bond we share, we would hope to show a nontoxic work environment that contributes to the natural coziness of the atmosphere.

Will there be events?:
Definitely! I want to plan a lot of different roleplay scenarios and events that could happen at the shop. Regardless if it has a positive or negative effect on the shop.

An example of a negative one would possibly be the bath water has turned into sludge sewer water and the employees need help investigating its source to end up finding a lot of poo in the clean water source for the shop. Seems a tad bit crazy but you get what I mean! Customers may feel negative about it and complain while some might try to help because we’re their favorite go-to-place *cough cough*

A positive one would be a tea competition. Whoever can drink the most tea (yes hot tea) wins a trophy and a 100% off coupon for tea orders! Only works once and expires in a week. We are also not fully responsible for you making the decision to participate and get sick during this competition!

Another possible event example- somewhat positive but on the neutral side- a very old lady who causes a scene about our tea and desperately wanting to drink it as it comes from “the fountain of youth”. She might even start throwing things and try to pick a fight with a customer and/or employee. This continues until the cops come to arrest her.

What benefits does this shop provide?:
I will now list a few benefits the shops may have in the server and its community.
  • There are a lot of benefits that this shop provides, mainly going back to more roleplay opportunities. The examples I listed above are pretty much prime examples of what could happen. Getting more of the community involved in things as SRP sorta lacks that when the school gates are closed and all that everyone could do is run in a circle around the plaza.
  • There is also the benefit of another very interesting place to hang out and relax. I remember when the hot springs within the mountains were open (not sure if it's still there) and it was actually very beautiful yet very secluded and you could only get there or know about it if someone told you about it. I want to try to bring out more features of Japan by having this bathhouse incorporated as a means of saying, here’s a hot spring but not really but yes really. I wanted to bring more attention to the water base places. Little did we have many events nowadays that were directly related to the beach or the hot springs and unlike those places being outside, the bathhouse is inside so it can stay open even during cold seasons! Oh, you cold? Come dip into our hot baths!
  • I also believe this shop could in fact be the stepping stone that SRP needs to not let anyone else who applies for this role, be afraid of trying something different. I get people aspire to have a good place or just run a normal shop but creativity is wonderful to explore! Something nobody has thought of yet would catch people off guard and make them realize “wait we can do that? That’s awesome”. Like heck yeah you can do that! There’s nothing wrong with wanting to run a restaurant or convenience store but I do believe this shop idea is in fact going to help people understand that there isn’t a need for repetition. We just need newer things.

Addressing the Contradictions
Yes, I did say that I wanted to go with something different that isn’t your usual convenience store or restaurant yet some of you may have already tried to break down Tibasu as part restaurant, part bathhouse!

You aren’t wrong about it being that way! As I stated before, I want Tibasu to be a stepping stone for possible future shop submissions as a clear representation of what a shop could be other than a restaurant or convenience store. Tibau has a small similarity as we do sell a bit of food but it does have one other difference that would highlight its originality. Being the stepping stone that it is, yes, it still provides a small eatery therefore not fully different from most places in Karakura but I believe it is a step forward into a direction where we can start seeing some more unique and creative shops! The inspiration that the community needs to think smarter not harder about things like this as opposed to fully accepting the fate of being in a loop of alcohol, food, or items that will end up being resold on the auction house since the items are in almost every player ran shop that before hasn’t been opening as much as the player base demands.

Lore
I also thought about the shop's lore as to what it was like before and how it was founded! It’s a lot! You can read below:

Tibasu wasn’t always a simple little tea shop with a bathhouse. It used to be a run down abandon building just outside of a bustling town that had flourish within the past few years, leaving out a once amazing place. Rumors or the myths would explain that it was just some bar outside of town where you would meet celebrities before they put on their big show in the center of town. Others believed it was quite an attraction yet became abandon after the owner went wild with the money and left the business bankrupt. Even more wild assumptions was due to the “ghostly activities” that occurred while it was opened which frightened the guests and workers leaving it to be shut down.

Regardless of the reason, Tibasu was left in a terribly broken state; cracked and torn up flooring, busted windows, moldy walls, casual ceiling debris falling, and... a rotting smell? It was indeed such a nightmare of a place. A hideous appearance with a mysterious backstory that has yet to be revealed. The people of the town simply ignored it, mothers using it as a creepy story to scare their children away from doing bad, the elders wanting to claim glory as those who “founded” it’s once glorious prime of opening. No matter how many weird or outlandish stories that the townsfolk had to tell, none bothered to even find the answers themselves. However, there was surely one individual, with a curious little heart, sought to obtain this knowledge.

The man had an interesting aura to him. He stood at a height of 6’0 as he wore Geta footwear that contributed to his tallness. He wore a long robe... a kimono that popped in the color red as the roses bloomed around him signifying his passionate soul. Such a color that the residents are scared to witness as it resembles the color of blood. Yet such a man was highly proud of his fashion statement, walking along as his ponytail swayed behind him with the casual gentle smile he gave towards the surrendering women he passed by. Indeed, he was the mysterious kind of man that only showed a slight smile towards your presence. He only had a simple goal: explore Tibasu and its mysteries. He did exactly that! He stood before the building, his smile slowly disappearing as it seemed to be a serious expression to take over that once warm smile, and observed its state. He hesitantly walked inside to discover the junk that was left behind. It was so bad. So bad that such a smell that could cause any normal human to run away. The smell didn’t make him run away. Instead he investigated further into depths that no one dared to enter. The back room!

Surprisingly a normal place that was clean and tidy. It looked as though someone was living there. Did the town’s children come by to turn it into a fun clubhouse? Of course not, they don’t clean anything! In fact, it was quite the opposite of who you would expect. The man found a small little old man laying under a blanket. He was so old that his entire body was wrinkly and he was dangerously thin, almost as if he hasn’t eaten anything! The old guy was huffing and puffing as if he struggled to breathe properly. You could say he was very close to death, so close that he was one foot into his grave. The man stared at him in disappointment as he would hope to find something much more sinister lurking behind the door. It was just a stinky old man! As much as he wanted to leave him, he sighed and plopped down beside the old man, opening his metal bottle before pouring his secret tea inside the top cup. He gently poured the cup into the old man’s mouth, allowing him to drink it before putting his stash of tea away. The old man thanked him as he cried. “I never drink something so pleasant in my entire life. Thank you for giving me hope before I go”. The old man was thankful enough to the point where he told the mystery man where his secret stash of money was hidden.

of course he went ahead and took the money! Who wouldn’t? In addition to that he found a letter that was from the old man.

‘To whoever finds this note, you now hold the key to Tibasu’s future. I may not be here in present as my time on Earth has come to a close. Whoever does grab onto the thread like I have, make sure you climb it to the top and never stop looking downward to see how far you went up. Keep looking upwards to reach the light or you will regret it!’

After reading such an incredible letter, the man made his efforts to turn Tibasu into his own fine piece of work. He used the money for relocation and repairs. The old man was given a funeral and was burned to be turned into ashes as the man kept it for a shrine he requested to have at the new location. Oh! This man name was in fact Seishin! He was an interesting man not a mysterious one! He also wore a red headband he made himself as a means for a promise he made towards his family! Now his goal is to reopen Tibasu alongside his sister and let the townsfolk hear his name!

How many employees are you planning to have?:
This is a tricky question though I do have an idea! With the following positions I will list, I will also say how many we may need.

Positions

Manager - About 1-2. 2 of them can split the work in case I am not able to be present within the shop. These are my most trusted employees. They will also be helping with other positions depending on if we’re short of people.

Cashier - About 3. Three cashiers for 3 different lines as it may get busy from time to time and we need the workflow to be efficient to make sure there’s not much traffic! They will manage possible takeout orders and/or regular items such as the bath bombs.

Waiter - About 5-7. Depending on the actual size and how much seating we may have, this number could possibly change. The waiter will greet and seat the customers that come in through the entrance, pass them the menu, and bow before leaving their customer alone to let them decide their order.

Bathhouse Attendant - About 2-4. Each one being different genders which can correlate to the bathhouse they oversee. Bathhouses will be separated by gender so if something happens in the female bath then a female worker should be able to run in and see what’s happening and the same with the males! They pretty much would also act like security specifically for the bathhouse! They will collect the money from the customer before they can enter the bathhouse. In about 10 minutes, the customer will have to leave so that another person may use the baths if it's very full inside.

Uniform and Pay:
The uniform I plan to have for my employees are actually kimonos! I find kimonos to be stylish and comfortable! We will have colors in red, blue, yellow, black, and green. Here are the references:

The pay will be what they essentially earn from the customer which could potentially vary. I would encourage my employees to be as thoughtful and caring of the customer, or rather guest as a better term, in order to earn extra tips. Tips they shall keep while a percentage of what they earned from the customers by closing time is taken to be invested into the rest of stocks that need to be refilled. Since I believe I have somewhat good starting money to purchase more stocks, this should be helpful for the first couple of times of opening!

Does your character have any college degrees? If so, list it:
Seishin Kimyona (New Character) has a Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts while also attending classes in Entrepreneurship.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application!

Last edited:

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
DENIED
  • I personally don't the bathhouse part of this shop will be used as much as the shop section itself.
  • Your activity on the server has decreased a lot, therefore this application will be denied.

Users who are viewing this thread