mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Umesaka | EMS Application (Psychiatrist)

Hedeon

Level 1
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Untitled168_20240411234106.png

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

I’m in possession of two minecraft accounts as of now.

HedeonRP - [Main]
Umesaka - [Alternate]

The account to recieve the role if I'm accepted is Umesaka.

What is your discord username?

.hedeon

Describe your activity on the server:

If I had to place myself on a scale of 1-10, I’d set myself aside as a solid 8/10.
My current times on the server are impeded by exams for my final year of secondary school. Unfortunately, I’m a Y-11 leaver which means my GSCE’S (General Certificate of Secondary Education) and that will draw time away from my roles on the server. Once summer passes, I’ll be freer than before as further education is only 3 days a week. I'm currently in another faction (College Sport) and take time to tend to that side. I’m going to be upfront about my activity so you aren’t blindsided by an inactivity log - that's the best for us on both ends.

Fortunately this isn’t going to affect me much on a massive scale, the server revolves around EST and I’m European so even by the time my after school studies are done and tutoring I’ll still be free around the peak hours of the server. I can guarantee I’m available to attend all the training sessions too.

What is your timezone?:

GMT/BST

List your current and past applications:

ACCEPTED

https://schoolrp.net/threads/physical-education-professor-application.47645/ [ACCEPTED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/okay-tippie-undeleted.49211/ [ACCEPTED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/oreorps-janitor-application.34821/ [ACCEPTED]

DENIED

https://schoolrp.net/threads/cookiegirlcrunch-janitor-application.30960/ [DENIED]

Denied - Demondarkness's Counselors application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server [DENIED]

Physical Education Professor Application. | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server [DENIED]

List your current roles on the server:

[College] [Basketball] on HedeonRP - Main slot
[Animal Whitelist] - HedeonRP - Alternate slot
[Grade-10] - Umesaka - Alternate slot
[Grade 7] - Umesaka - Main slot

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:

Having spent years on this server I've come to terms with the fact I've still so much to experience within it. I’ve been in several factions, sport, professor and employee and experienced many types of RP ranging from serious roleplay in my professor days to JockRP in recent weeks. I’ve experienced out of minecraft roleplay from times where I’ve done DND sessions with my family and so far as to say Baldurs Gate 3. I’ve enjoyed every experience with RP I’ve had so far and will continue to enjoy it. My experiences however do not define what I’ll experience within another faction however you can consider my skill and attention to detail within my roleplay.

Many of these aren’t what you’d call experiences but I take them in stride and understand that they’ve shaped my reputation on the server. My ProfessorRP was less professional than I’d love to admit. It only lasted a month before I had to leave due to issues revolving around my OOC life, to which I quit SRP for just under 8 months. I made my return into JockRP in October 2023 where I re-joined my old team, Highschool Female Football. I had several fun interactions as I roleplayed with them, designing costumes, RP practices and even RivalryRP. It was all something that has a special place in my heart. I hope to continue to gather RP experiences as I enjoy my time on SRP and outside of SRP.

What is your motivation for applying?

I want to test out the waters in varying factions, so far I've only ever been within the school faction but I'm looking forward to trying more out. Secondary motivation is quite similar. I've wanted to be in a position where my characters are able to give advice and provide psychological help to anyone in need. My current characters fall into this category with them providing care and unprofessional therapy. Though that doesn’t count for much since it’s not in a standard setting of it being realistic - I hope that if I receive proper training I’m capable of leading myself and others into a better RP experience via Psychiatry.

I’ve been part of the SRP community for 5 years nearly with over 38 weeks of total playtime and i’m coming to realize I've wasted a lot of that just doing nothing - coming on to AFK or talk in /looc without a real purpose, I need something to do in the hours the main populous isn’t online for and the times between my practices. I intend to spend a lot of time devoted to this faction as I am to my others. It's fun, it’s public, it’s involving the entire community and I like that about EMS it doesn’t discriminate and you’ve to keep a level of professionalism unheard of in the other factions. The factor of role-play ends up under this category too - Keeping a professional appearance IRP is something that intrigues me and keeps myself and others entertained.

I’ve heard good things about the faction from friends who have roles inside the hospital and are constantly filling me with envy from the amount of RP they gather. I’m looking forward to hearing more about the EMS faction and what it can accomplish in the RP community we’ve enjoyed throughout the years on this server. I’ve seen events they’ve done such as the “Blood Drive” where everyone gathered together to support something run by the hospital itself. These events have led me to do more research on hospitals and donation services. The EMS faction has brought a lot more knowledge to myself and others just from day to day interactions. You never know what you’d end up with a day in the Hospital, and that’s interesting - I’ve been a first hand witness to many RP events and even KPD interference with the Hospital. I someday wish to participate in these fun activities.

Which role are you applying for?

(Doctor or Psychiatrist):

Psychiatrist.

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?

I generally lack knowledge of current hospital procedures and medical subjects aren’t my strong suit, however research is being conducted at this very moment so I can be fully prepared for any potential introduction I have to furthering my medical studies. I’m more than happy to continue my research of real life procedures and protocols in a professional and sterile setting.

My knowledge will however improve when I attend training, should my application be accepted and I'm allowed to continue my research and increasing my knowledge on procedures and protocol in a professional setting. Allowing the knowledge to be passed through my superiors ensures that it's a reliable source.

Doctor

They typically perform functions such as; physical exams, prescriptions, referrals, diagnosis of medical conditions and blood testing. Doctors have many tasks outside of the brief things I listed above. A Doctors role is completely focused on the physical side of healthcare with the main goal to diagnose and treat their patients. The varying ranges of involvement can be drastic or small but the changes are there to make sure their patient gets the best care they can provide. Doctors may also refer a patient to get a cast for a broken leg or as far as surgery goes, if it improves quality of life they’ll provide as much help as needed.
Someones Doctor may also encourage healthy habits such as dietary advice. They can also request diagnostic tests, running blood samples or even looking through a database for hereditary diseases that might run in a family line. These are all beneficial tasks for both the doctor to make sure their patient receives the best treatment option for them. Doctors might take a look at your diet and suggest you cut out dairy or wheat, they can even run allergen tests and prescribe you an epipen.

Psychiatrist

Entirely focused on the mental healthcare of their patients as the parallel between them and doctors plays a contrast in their methods. Psychiatrists don’t have the training to discern exact injuries on a patient's physical being. Psychiatrists are trained to recognize mental conditions such as; DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder), Anxiety, selective mutism and sociopathic tendencies. Treatment is up to the psychiatrists discretion, more sessions or a medication they could potentially use to treat their ailment. Psychiatrists are a key link in the chain of healthcare because not all illnesses are physical. They play a key role in the identification of markers that could let someone fall into a depressive state, their ultimate goal is to provide council and allow people a space to confide. Despite treating mental illnesses on a daily basis they treat multitudes of other issues relating to the human brain. A Psychiatrist can treat behavioral disorders too, such as anger issues, aggressive tendencies, etc.

Paramedic

Paramedics are another key link in the chain of work that is used to make a hospital fully functional, they tend to the wounded and sick outside of a hospital. Paramedics drive an ambulance and patrol areas for anyone who could be injured, they’ve an extensive knowledge of the town's surroundings and shortcuts so they can access their patient faster. Paramedics may also make home visits to the elderly or disabled who cannot physically make it to a hospital themselves. In my opinion paramedics are one of the more important jobs because you don’t know if a call means life or death and they’re the first responders.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?

Yes. I’m fully aware I’m subject to demotion at any given time if I’m accepted into the faction.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?

I’m perfectly aware I’m agreeing to be 100% dedicated to this faction and the hospital staff role, I should aim to go above and beyond to ensure I've a valuable roleplay experience and keep up my quotas, and potentially exceed them.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?

I’m aware that training is mandatory and if I’m online while it’s held i'm expected to attend or face the consequences.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?

I acknowledge that I'm to keep myself unbiased and keep it IC when dealing with situations and training.

Untitled168_20240411235052.png
In-Character (IC) Section

Untitled169_20240412000135.png

Character’s Full Name:

"Your full name?"

Mekani hunched over the table, an arm hunkered over the table with a pen twirling between her fingers.
Her voice ached with a tone that longed for sleep.

“Mekani Ōpūnui.”

Bringing a single hand to her pouty mouth to cover up a seemingly quiet yawn.

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:

"What do you identify as, Gender and pronouns, please."

Brushing lengths of hair behind her ears, Mekani was drumming her fingers against her thigh.

“Female, She/Her.”

Mekani left her explanation of her gender and pronouns at that.

Character’s Age (if accepted):

"How old are you?"

Mekani let her gaze wander around the room before her lazy eyes settled on the interviewee

“38. My birthday passed recently.”

Her response was curt - her age trickling away was a sore subject.

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

"Could I have record for your academic background?"

Reaching to her pocket she removed her diploma… it had been folded.. several times for her own convenience.

“My PhD subject was Psychiatry.”

It wasn’t a moment before Mekani removed her diploma from their hands.

“Pardon the creases.”

Character’s Nationality:

"What is your nationality?"

Mekani was in the middle of moving a hair piece she adorned around her scalp to suit the look better.

“Hawaiian. Ethnically and nationally”

She removed her hands from her head and set them back on her thighs

“I’m a recent resident of Japan.”

Character’s Marital Status:

"And your marital status?"

A huff fell from her pouted lips in an open manner.

“Unmarried, with no significant other.”

Mekani soon adjusted herself to a more professional seating position, her legs uncrossed and her hands sat in her lap.

Character’s Religious Denomination:

"Are you religious? If so, what is your religious denomination?"

Mekani pursed her lips - it was a touchy subject.

“A loaded question I'm never fond of answering.”

Let out a breath of air - letting the interviewee continue.

“Polytheistic animistic religion.”

She responded though it took prodding to have her answer.

Character’s Spoken Languages:

"Do you speak any languages?"

Bracing her tongue, Mekani was going to speak a few words in her native language - she ultimately decided against it.

“Haiwaiian at the moment. I’m open to learning more for the benefit of those who end up in my care.”

Mekani was open minded. She seemed fond of learning new languages.

Backstory - Wrote from an OOC perspective.

Mekani Ōpūnui was born to Anuenue Ōpūnui who was the sole male heir to the Ōpūnui family name. Her mother Enakai Ōpūnui, formerly known as Enakai Fuimaono. Her Mother had quite an extended family - having 8 brothers, the amount of cousins Mekani has is uncountable at this very moment. The Ōpūnui’s were born and raised on Maui - a small island just off the coast of Hawaii. Her education was largely better than the rest of the population in her local home town. Mekani attended a local school until the age of 5 where she was removed from the environment. The school was not up to standards to keep up with her rate of learning.

To keep Mekani with an education suited to her the Ōpūnui’s moved to mainland Hawaii to find a professional tutor for their daughter, who was rapidly increasing her knowledge of emotions and physical characteristics every day. Aside from the tutor, her parent’s acknowledged her deeper desire to be surrounded by her peers, and by age 6 she was back in school, only this time a prestigious school, the only one for miles. Mekani was bright and kept up with the higher learning material she was provided with, and thank goodness for that. The tuition wasn’t cheap and her mother had to come out of being a stay at home mother to take up a local job teaching hula to teenagers and youth.

Her progressive learning continued until she finished her academic years at age 16. Mekani then took up a small job aside from her mother, teaching Hula to youth groups; she needed money to pay for her tuition. Saving up for the next two years until she met the age requirements for colleges abroad. Mekani then applied for prestigious colleges around the world, money wasn’t an issue at the moment, she’d saved enough. Her first choice was Yale College, which she was accepted onto with financial aid, she had a lower tuition fee. Mekani moved out of home at 18 to gain further education in America. She was devoted to her studies and spent no time at social gatherings. Her entire life was her work, for her degree.

Once Mekani had passed through her years at college, she took out a student loan. She desperately needed to pay for her next courses, at Yale University Mekani worked part time on campus - growing her bank account just for it to be depleted instantaneously. Again like her years in college she worked as diligently as physically possible. You can’t count the amount of coffees she’d drank and hours of sleep lost, most likely more than gained. That was the start of her physical decline, she neglected herself for the degree. Mekani had gained the PhD in Psychiatry just like she’d dreamed of, but the void continued to be empty. Graduating with flying colors she was offered a place to work nearly instantaneously. Though Mekani had to fly home to Hawaii to accept this offer, she hadn’t a regret in her mind. The days were straining and the hours so long she’d spend more time in her office than her bed. Mekani was physically drained and for the next 5 years of her life convinced herself it was normal. She found the experience intriguing as she was able to dive into the minds of the ill and unstable. Unfortunately all good things came to an end and she was not fulfilled at the end of her residency at the mental hospital she’d worked for. Mekani had needed to move on for a long time now and eventually returned to America to work in a psychiatric ward in a mental healthcare facility they had. This job was the start of her physical decline. Mekani’s days blurred together, full of boredom and the same routine, waking up and working. She had nothing else to fulfill her outside her job, she had nothing, she was worth absolutely nothing.

Once Mekani’s physical health started to move on the scale downwards, she decided it was time to leave, she’d spent 6 years in America for this job and 6 years she’d wasted away doing nothing with her life. She decided it best to start traveling the world, and so she did - making stops in Asia and Europe. Those were the happiest days of her life, she’d never felt so free. However the fates had more plans for Mekani, she’d need to return to work for her savings had dried up, and she lacked a source of income.

Mekani had desired to visit one place overall - the second biggest tourist place in the world aside from her own home, she wanted to see Japan. She began to scour the internet for snippets of newspaper articles and online forums for an opening. She was bound to find one after all. Mekani found many openings for a Psychiatrist - though the one that peaked her interest was on a small Island, Karakura.

Untitled169_20240412000219.png

What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?

Psychiatry, the treatment of mental illnesses and assisting those that suffer with them. Mekani’s focus was just that and it always had been. From a young age she was fascinated with the behaviors of her peers and took to observing them, ****yzing even. Mekani never ceased her in depth ****ysis of her peers' mental states, noting down if they had odd behaviors and what soothed them. When her friend portrayed signs of anxiety and paranoia Mekani took steps to assure them that they were fine. This discovery led to Mekani delving to the surface of medical knowledge to understand how she was doing this, it was simple ****ytics of course. The decision that led Mekani to further educate herself in Psychiatry was her grandmother's passing and how the grief tormented her family.

She’d move a hand to her mouth and divert her eyes.

“My choice to study Psychiatry was a personal one. I’d prefer not to discuss this with my interviewer as the relative information is private.”

Mekani allowed the interviewer to continue their questions.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?

Mekani took up a 5 year residency at a local Mental Hospital in Hawaii as a Psychiatrist. She worked one to one with some of the patients at said facility and such experience allowed her to delve deeper into the minds of the ill and mentally unstable. Mekani found the experience fascinating. After her experience in the mental ward, Mekani found herself taking up her next position in America, working at a local hospital in the mental health care facility they had on site. That particular job took a toll on her physical health and lasted 6 years. That’s where her medical experience thus far ends, she’s yet to work in another foreign country.

She moved to hand them her recommendations from both places of work.

"I have 5 years experience from a Mental Hospital in Hawaii."

Allowing them to flip the page to the second one before she spoke

"I Then did 6 years in America before my health began to decline, you'd expect it to have been amazing - It wasn't."

Mekani did not elaborate further on the final comment.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?

Mekani worked one to one with patients in her 5 year residency in a mental hospital In Hawaii. The experience she found thrilling as she got to personally interact with the residents at said mental hospital. Her second experience was less hands-on. Mekani more so filed the paperwork for colleagues during her time in America. She occasionally dealt with the more narcissistic patients but ultimately left after 6 years due to the physical strain on her body.

She looked them directly into the eye, as they held her recommendation letters.

"I've no experience on the physical side of being a medical professional but I can assure you, I'm an experienced Psychiatrist."

Mekani moved her hand to receive her recommendation letters back.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?

Mekani focused on Psychiatry with a burning passion, she however did take up a summer in lifeguard training school.

She let out a small sigh, as if her diploma wasn't enough.

"I've mainly focused on psychiatry, however I briefly took up a summer lifeguard training."

Untitled169_20240412000354.png

Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Bold Hawaiian features instantaneously capture your vision as your gaze settles on her visage. Mekani’s heritage played a large role in her physical appearance, with a brief glance you’d observe her height was nothing meaningful, 5’2”. Despite her native birth she’d be rather light, her sun-kissed skin had been tanned to perfection. Mekani wore a brief layer of a sort of sweet perfume, you couldn’t quite place the scent though. Her facial features were sharp and aged. Under her
eyes were soft bags - presumably from a lack of sleep.

An unnatural color graced her head, where you’d expect lovely brown curls, you’d see soft blonde ringlets. Mekani’s most distinct feature by far was her floor length hair, it was 5 feet long - just two inches from the floor itself. Usually wound into a long ponytail that sat at the bottom of her scalp, some days it was replaced with a braid, medical instruments and pencils intertwined, lost to the masses of hair that sat on her head. Her hair despite its length was soft and smooth, no flyaway strands and no split ends, it was taken care of exceptionally well. If you observed the side of her head, you'd notice a small undercut on each side, perhaps from a mullet years prior - but it alleviated some of the weight from her neck.

An unnatural color graced her head, where you’d expect lovely brown curls, you’d see soft blonde ringlets. Mekani’s most distinct feature by far was her floor length hair, it was 5 feet long - just two inches from the floor itself. Usually wound into a long ponytail that sat at the bottom of her scalp, some days it was replaced with a braid, medical instruments and pencils intertwined, lost to the masses of hair that sat on her head. Her hair despite its length was soft and smooth, no flyaway strands and no split ends, it was taken care of exceptionally well.

Her physique was something special, she had a small chub to her stomach, as every woman does. Mekani had wider hips than average and an hourglass figure paired with a bigger than average bust. She kept most of her skin covered, usually adorning long black shirts and a pair of jeans outside the professional scene. Mekani was a tired woman and her clothes presented that. She had no time to pick out coordinating outfits, and usually just grabbed the first clean thing from her wardrobe.There were only a few times Mekani took her actual appearance into account. If She was to go to work, she’d apply a thin layer of make-up to mask the tiredness caused from late nights, you can’t have her scaring the patients after all. Dates, if Mekani was ever on a date she’d dress up, despite being tired, lazy and otherwise uncoordinated she’d at least take the time to make herself presentable, wearing newer stylized outfits and a complimenting makeup look

Mekani was ethereal - seductive, the words you’d use to describe a woman who’d drown you in sweet words and syrup.. Was she one of them?

Screenshot_20240412_040403_ibisPaint_X.jpgscreenshot-1712784469869.pngscreenshot-1712784487468.pngScreenshot_20240412_020451_ibisPaint_X.jpg

How does your character act on and off duty?

ON DUTY

If you so happened to work alongside the tired blonde, Mekani you'd be greeted with a persona of indifference and professionalism. When you work in a place where life and death hangs in the balance of a hospital running functionally you’d tend not to speak to her. Mekani very rarely spoke when she was on duty with few words being spoken to her co-workers unless necessary. Psychiatry is such a delicate job and the balance isn’t to be disturbed. Unless there was a genuinely desperate moment where she’d need to report an incident or have someone remove a violent patient from the room, she’d keep to herself. Her speech pattern varied on the people she spoke to, patients she was more understanding, taking her time to get a feel for them, it was her job after-all, however with the other hospital staff, she was more curt, blunt - Mekani delved straight to the point, she didn't need to waste time.

To sum it up, she was cold, blunt and quick to shut down the ideas of her co-workers if she found them unhelpful, she was professional with her responses and kept a calm demeanor when speaking with patients.

OFF DUTY

Mekani had a varying state of being - the professionalism she showed when surrounded by the whitened garments of her co-workers faded away into tones of annoyance and lingering tones of resentment. Outside of her hours in the white-walled hospital, she was quite the flirt. The demeanor was a drastic change, she was warm, tired and a charmer. Mekani had a level of charm once the coldness of the hospital faded away - and often was pleasant, if not a bit boring to speak to. The blonde was particularly happy to encounter people from her home country - Hawaii and was always welcoming of a chat. When later hours draw by in the day she dulled in her speaking, occasionally she drifted off while stood up.

To sum it up, she was warm, kind and flirtatious when given the chance to speak with people outside of her own job, making few exceptions for her favorite co-workers (ones that left her alone).

Does your character function better on their own or with others?

Working in her field has left her open to vulnerable positions, ones she’s had to handle alone. Mekani wasn’t opposed to working in a team, but when she’d find herself in such a position, she’d relinquish some of her anxiety of the job with her co-workers. Taking the stress off her shoulders, and allowing her to breath made her a pleasant woman to work with. Mekani wasn’t a fan of it per-say, if she was asked to work in a team, she may have a few grievances but ultimately she knows it’s what will make the hospital operate better.

She’d do her best to cooperate in a team - usually she took on a leadership role in situations like this.

What plans does your character have for the future?

Mekani hopes in the future to fix her sleep schedule and have a healthy work-life balance. One of her many hopes for the future is to get married to a respectable man and have children. Mekani does not wish to give up her career in Psychiatry and to do so she’d need a nanny which requires dual funding from active parents. Mekani hasn’t any plans she can actually control, her life is a spiral and one she’s fallen victim to. She expects nothing more of the world because it’s given her every opportunity and she’s squandered them foolishly. Mekani had the chance for love, a family - a real future, but she wasted it away studying. The least she can do is pour her soul into a coffee cup and drink it before her shift at the hospital.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?

Lazy is the first word that people would use to describe the blonde, she’d done nothing with her life until this point, wasting away behind a clipboard, with no family and no friends to show it. To her family she’s someone who abandoned them to work in a foreign country and only returns when she needs something. She’s depicted as a mooch, as someone who can’t provide for herself and others.

Her self worth has been defined by the loved ones in her life far more times than she can count, and despite her job as a psychiatrist she cannot control the human brain, and so those expectations are what she depicts as reality. Her self worth is based on what others view her as more than what she sees in herself.

It’s hard to look past the truth.

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted! You will be contacted in regards to setting up your roles shortly.

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread