(7 hours)
(sometimes an hour or two)
11pm - 8pm
(7 hours)
11am - 8pm
(8 hours)
12pm - 4pm
(4 hours)

Often times Im online WAAAAYYYYY too much and for way too long of periods.

-=● APPLICATION INFORMATION ●=-

What position are you applying for?:
Governor
What is your motivation for applying?:
My motivation ○=- Oocly, My motivation stems from a desire to step outside my comfort zone in SRP. While I've engaged in familiar roles like being a professor or pursuing EMS, and even navigating college life, I've noticed a pattern of staying within my comfort zone. Although these pursuits have been enjoyable, I've come to realize that they limit my exposure to new people, diverse roleplay experiences, and different perspectives within the expansive SRP community.
I'm eager to broaden my horizons. I want to extend my roots, initiate new roleplay groups, and engage with a wider range of community members. Venturing into the realm of politics by having my character run for office as a governor seems like an exciting and fresh challenge. Even if it doesn't unfold as planned.

The role of a governor interests me, offering a unique perspective on responsibilities and challenges compared to my current roles. Exploring the intricacies of governance and understanding It's a departure from the familiar cycle of studying, teaching, and repeating, or the day-to-day occurrences. I'm drawn to the prospect of embracing something entirely new and uncharted. Becoming a governor in SRP is not just about the role itself but about the potential for growth, learning, and connecting with a broader spectrum of the SRP community.

Character Motivation ○=- My Character Taiga's motivation to pursue the position of Governor revolves around her commitment to developing effective strategies and allocating resources for managing emergencies and crises. In addition to this, she places a strong emphasis on social justice. Recognizing Karakura's historical challenges with crime, Taiga envisions creating an environment where residents feel welcome and can trust the officials in office to actively listen and address their concerns.

In her pursuit of healthcare improvement, Taiga envisions a comprehensive approach that goes beyond traditional boundaries. Her goal is not only to introduce accessible healthcare resources but also to create a healthcare system that is inclusive and adaptable to the diverse needs of the community. This involves not just the provision of prescribed medications but also the integration of non-prescribed materials and holistic wellness practices. Taiga recognizes that a thriving community relies on the well-being of its individuals. By fostering an environment where both medical necessities and preventive care are readily available, she aims to empower residents to take proactive measures towards their health. This includes initiatives to educate the public about health-conscious practices and promote overall lifestyle improvements. Moreover, Taiga is committed to breaking down barriers to healthcare access, ensuring that marginalized and underserved populations have equitable opportunities for medical support.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
I do, some of them I'm a little more rusty but I plan on reviewing them a bit more often as I go.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
Myself ○=- Similar to before, I believe that taking on the role of a Governor would provide me with fresh perspectives on various aspects of roleplay, allowing me to engage in different facets of the server and its community. Whether it's EMS, KPD, or School Faculty, the government's significant role in addressing the crime-ridden nature of Karakura makes it essential. I aim to actively contribute and collaborate with others in office during roleplay, enhancing the overall roleplaying experience for everyone and gaining valuable new insights. Stepping out of my comfort zone and embracing new challenges aligns with the spirit of a roleplay server, and that's precisely why I'm interested in running for governor.

My character ○=- Taiga DeArmond, my character, has numerous life goals, diligently striving to achieve as many as possible. Having pursued her passion for the military, she reached the pinnacle of her career, driven by a deep-seated desire to contribute to the welfare of a nation. Despite the challenges and experiences she encountered, these ambitions have seamlessly woven into her aspiration to step into the realm of politics and become a government official.
Her primary objective involves collaborating with healthcare professionals to identify areas in need of adjustment or enhancement, especially concerning pharmacy services. Given the perilous streets of Karakura and the island's notorious reputation as a crime outpost for Japan, Taiga is committed to improving healthcare access and quality.

Beyond that, her commitment extends to rectifying a lack of transparency and accountability, a deficit she personally experienced in her youth. Recognizing the pivotal importance of these values, Taiga aims to provide an open and accountable government. This involves not only addressing citizens' concerns but also ensuring that decisions are communicated transparently. By embracing transparency in governance, Taiga intends to keep the community well-informed and be accountable for every action taken during her term, fostering trust and integrity within the political landscape.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
A Governor's role is multifaceted, involving active participation in a range of legal activities and administrative tasks.
The position of a Governor includes Handing out I.D’s, Verifying Businesses and Officiating Marriages. With this, they also Announce Trials, Document Trials, Attend Trials and Public Speak.
For example;

Hand out ID Cards Handing out I.D cards is as simple as getting the individuals full name and age then having them scan their finger, from there the card would be finalized and they pay 5k to fully purchase it and they can be sent on their way.
Set up Verified Businesses Governors play a role in creating a business-friendly environment through policies and regulations. Shopkeepers are often to provide information about the business structure, ownership, and key details.
Officiate marriagesGovernors may occasionally officiate weddings as part of their ceremonial duties, the couple can then obtain a marriage certificate as proof of their marriage.
Document trials Documenting trials involves creating an accurate and comprehensive record of court proceedings, this would ensure nothing goes unnoticed during the trial, some documentation types can be; Indexing, Transcription, Court Transcripts, Certification, Electronic Recording, Stenographic Recording.
Attend Trials Governors may have the authority to grant clemency, commute sentences, or issue pardons. This power allows them to intervene in individual legal cases, particularly those involving issues of fairness or compassion. They are responsible for the administration and implementation of laws which means they can be another set of eyes and ears about a crime.
Give public speeches Public speeches can be anything from explaining a situation, upcoming changes, public safety, education changes, healthcare related topics, economic changes/advancements, crisis responses and infrastructure. Just to name a few

As for announcing trials… I didn’t know much about that one, I’ve never known about that one, I'd love to learn though!

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
I understand
Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
yes, I understand
Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
I am, Yes
Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
Yes
Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
I will try my absolute best to.

-=● IN CHARACTER SECTION ●=-

Full name:
“Hm? Oh, my full name is Taiga Noelle DeArmond.”
Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
“I prefer going by Ms. as I’m no longer married.”
Current age:
“I am actually 30 going on 31.”
Date of birth:
“I was born on the 8th of April, 1992”

She/Her pronouns”

Academic Degree:
“I received a Masters Degree back at University in Canada”
Major(s):
“I have a major in Political Science.”
Minor(s):
“Minors in English and Communications.”

Work experience:
“Well, to sum up. I have three years of work experience in the Government, Political standpoint, while I have a bit more with education and Military work. Though I left to get my feet back on political grounds. Couple years in Military, a couple years in education as a professor, both in Ireland and in Karakura, Japan here.”

Political background:
“I view myself as Semi-Political”

Nationality & born location:
“I’m Irish-Canadian, born in
Kingston, Ontario, Canada”
Fluent languages (Underline your native):
“I speak Gaelic, Japanese Sign Language and Japanese itself.”

Criminal record:
“Clear Criminal Record, I do not intend on changing that.”

What makes you a good candidate for this job?
“Well.. lets see, considering my military background, I've got some useful skills and experiences that match up well with what leaders need. In the military, I had roles guiding and leading teams, which gave me strong leadership skills. These skills are super important for running a state and working with different groups of people, and I feel like I can easily shift into a government role.
Governors have to deal with lots of different issues and find solutions. Good thing I've faced complex challenges before and learned how to come up with quick and effective solutions. I've got a set of skills that would be really handy for being a governor.
In the military, they teach us about values like integrity and doing things ethically. Those qualities are a big deal for leaders making decisions that affect the public. Being a veteran, I've also picked up some insights into national security, especially during times when things get a bit crazy or emergencies happen. That's all crucial for a governor, and I'm keen on taking on that role.
Communication is key for a governor getting policies across, talking to the public, and working with different groups. Luckily, I've honed my communication skills during my time in the military. And when it comes to the fast-paced world of politics, being adaptable is a big deal. I've had to adapt quickly to different situations, so I've got that covered.
It's clear that being a successful governor needs a mix of skills. I'm planning to bring these qualities to the role and keep learning, picking up new skills to be even better at the job.”

Thank you kindly for your time.

Last edited:

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
DENIED

After careful discussion with the Higher Ups of the faction, we have chosen to deny you:

Other applicants stood out more, we appreciate your application, and you can apply again at any point in the future.​

Users who are viewing this thread