Level 29
phvntombride
phvntombride
Omega+

What is your Minecraft username?:
loredevil

What is your time zone?:
MST - Mountain Standard Time

What is your discord username? (eg @muffincats)
atjayy / phvntombride

Link all previous applications you made on the server:
IC FACTION - ACCEPTED:
JUDGE 1
REPORTER 1
TEACHER 1

OOC FACTION - ACCEPTED:

LORE

IC FACTION - DENIED:

KPD 1
BMD 1
BMD 2
GOVERNOR 1
SHRINE 1
COUNCIL 1

OOC FACTION - DENIED:

EVENT
MEDIA

Describe your activity on SchoolRP:
Currently, I have four accounts across the entire server: phvntombride, being my main, and loredevil, crowseason, and (ALT) being my alternatives. While two of these are already part of their respected faction, my third will hopefully fill this spot. Currently I hold the Lore Tag, Football captain, and a Judge tag on two of these three. I’m decently active when it comes to the hours I put on each account, ranging from 5-10 hours a day - fully depending on what I’m on for and who I’m with. Nevertheless, I’m a fairly active player within the community, and will continue to do so.

phvntombride - MAIN
My main account, formerly known as atjayy, is home to my lore tag along with my Football Captain tag. I’m usually seen on this account running around with my friends, or overall roleplaying with whoever I come across. Unfortunately, at least to some people, I’ve put over 4000 hours on this account alone, and another 500-600 on both of my alts separately. Sometimes it’s an addiction, and sometimes I do it out of pure boredom. If you don’t see me on my alts, I’m more than likely on this account.

crowseason - ALT
My second account, classified as an alternative, is a part of the Government Faction - as a Judge. I’ve had this alt account for little over two years and I’ve accomplished a lot during my time. From a reporter and Teacher, to a Judge, this account has seen every bit of the server. I’ve reached nearly a thousand hours only on this account, so that already shows how dedicated I am. Despite how little I’ve been apart of the faction, I’ve never failed to hit my max quota - in fact I go above and beyond, even setting personal records including beating a few previously set ones.

loredevil - ALT
My third and final alt account. I’m more commonly known on this account for my long EMS runs and my dedication to the faction. While I’m no longer part of the faction, and have no plans to return yet again, it has been one of my biggest inspirations for activity and roleplay on SRP. Every month that I’ve been in the faction, I’ve reached a high quota per month and discovered new things for other members of the faction. I left today on a good note after some lengthy time to myself, and now I’m in search of something newer.

Describe your roleplay experience with SchoolRP and other roleplay networks in general:
Nearly three years ago I came across this server while browsing through my recommendations. At the time, I had little to no friends, both IRL and over the web - it was sad, I know, but I made it work. I first joined the server to troll; I never read the rules, I didn’t listen to staff even if I had to, which led to me quitting a few weeks after I joined. Something about the server lured me back, as within a few months, I was already back and feeling more confident. My character at the time, who I actually still play to this day, was a simple green tag running around looking for trouble. Eventually, after a few days of my return, I made a few friends that I’m still close to this day. We begun hanging out daily, hours on end, and gradually built a small reputation for ourselves before we properly jumped into GangRP

While it was fun at the time, it wasn’t something for me and I eventually gave it up to do sports and lead a random family - some of these members are still part of it, though it was reformed into a better fit and proper RP family. I never paid enough attention to my actual roleplay or reputation until I joined the HS Track Team back in July of 2021, then left four months later. During my time as a Track Member, I quickly befriended everyone there, including the ‘infamous GhostfireSwords’, or whatever he is now. Ugh.

The first two years of my ‘SchoolRP Journey’, I simply played a few Highschool characters and never really seeked an interest in playing any sort of faction, mostly because I didn’t have the time to, but that’s besides the point. January of 2023 was when I joined my first faction, that being EMS of course, where I quickly found myself intrigued with the roleplay I experienced. I made a lot of friends, learned new skills, and overall did something else other than roleplaying out the same person everyday. After that, I’ve decided to put forth a lot of my time to writing applications and forming a better experience for myself. While a lot of them might’ve been denied, there were a handful that were accepted and I’ve stuck out for a long, long time - Lore, for example. I’m part of two factions, technically three if you count Crime, for now.

However!

I’ve been roleplaying for a while, actually, since I could remember really. Before all of my old friends moved away, we hung out and roleplayed funny situations, or even serious ones, and I always found it something I enjoy. It wasn’t until about 6 years ago when I actually started RPing online, with random people, rather than outside with my friends.

What are your current roles on SchoolRP:
Football Captain, Lore Team, & Judge - Recently left EMS.

As of now, I have three roles in total - not including the less common ones such as a BMDA and a Gang Higher-up. Sharing one account, I’m a football captain and a lore team member on my main, phvntombride. I’m sure I’ve talked about it enough already, but I’ll put more detail into these two here rather than anywhere else.

I’ve been on the lore team for nearly half a year - accepted in May of 2023, where I’ve gone on to complete lore blocks, item lore, documents, etc. Being a part of such a special community team has helped me improve my writing, my roleplay, and my overall experience when it comes to SchoolRP. While I wouldn’t call myself a veteran, as there are others who have been here far longer than I have, I still help out the newer members of the team and work alongside them. Throughout the six months I’ve been aboard, I’ve met new people, gained my own popularity and spotlight - in a way, I suppose -, and overall provided a better experience for everyone.

While I’m on the topic of my main account, I can’t fail to mention my Football Captain tag - here we go again with this.. - I recently just hit my first three months as a captain, and it honestly brought back the inspiration I had begun to lose a while ago. Playing part of this important role has helped me with organizing events, a team, and has helped me communicate with other captains and the faction lead all together. I have no plans on giving this up.

I just left EMS today, actually, hence why I finally decided to write my application. This faction was the first one I’ve ever applied for and got accepted in - not counting sports teams, of course. I started off as a nobody, and because of this team, I've become more than just a random player in OOC. Throughout the 11 on and off months that I’ve spent on EMS, I befriended nearly everyone there and left on a good note each time I had to leave.

What is the subject you want to teach?:
Gothic Literature

TRIVIA SECTION

What is your motivation for becoming a professor?:
I originally planned on applying earlier this year, but due to a few other reasons, I wasn’t able to. The subject I wish to teach, Gothic Literature, is something I’ve read about for a while and have studied for myself on my own time, so I guess you can say that’s one major reason behind my application’s motivation. I’ve done nearly everything on SRP besides roleplaying as a professor. I suppose being a teacher counts, but since I never really hosted classes, there’s no point in including that.

When it comes to writing and teaching it, I’d like to think I’m creative and capable of spitting out my own thoughts onto paper - hence being half of the reason I even want to apply in the first place. The last time I was faculty, I made a bunch of friends - both part of faculty and outside of. I was still fairly new to the whole faction thing and didn’t really get the experience I was hoping for, but it was fun while it lasted. If accepted, I plan on making this something I focus on for a while, as I already have a lot of lessons planned out. I’d like to think of this as a hobby of sorts. I spend the time out of my day preparing for the next day, and then after all that’s done, I get to kick back and talk about the writing style that inspired me.

To close up this topic, I’m applying in an attempt to genuinely influence others to better their writing and make it more appealing. I obviously can’t do this alone, so I’ll always have others to back me up, whether that may be other professors, or the students I’m teaching.

Work out two interactive classes you will host if accepted:

Story Directory:
One of the first events I plan on hosting will be a week-long project, where I’ll break my students up into groups and have them work together on a story. Over the course of this said week, these groups of students will do the needed research on their topic of choosing, and assign different individuals from the group to tasks. Together, they’ll organize the plot of the story in Discord, preferably a group chat - me included -, then propose it at the end of the week. The most detailed, interesting story wins a prize.

Spooktober.
Pretty basic, sure, but it honestly fits the genre I’m aiming for - mystery, suspense, a bit of romance if you will, and gothicism. During the entire month of October, most likely the last week or so, I’ll host a little game for my students. At the start of every period, I’ll grant them one topic from “Yuki’s Hat”, which’ll be the topic they write about that day.

At the end of the week, when there’s a few days left, I’ll give them a longer and more detailed prompt to finish throughout the week - until, well, it’s time to submit it.

Work out a field trip (meaning a class outside school grounds) you will host if accepted:
A trip to the graveyard.

The subject I’m teaching will be based on horror scenes, and romance of course, so what better place to adventure than the graveyard. My purpose behind this field trip is to view the scenery as an idea for the students’ next project - one they’ll be graded on, of course. I’ll take them to the site, have them prepare notes on a clipboard, and if they want, snap photos of woods and the surrounding area to use as a reference. I made a step-by-step list to dive further into detail.

1. Announce the field trip a week before, then give daily updates leading up to the event. I’ll have the students prepare by taking photo cameras, their backpacks, etc - anything you’d typically take on a field trip, then have them read over all their notes they’ve taken leading up to it.
  2. Aim to host the field trip during 2nd and 3rd period (or 3rd and 4th, depending on who’s hosting during that time). I’ll make an intercom broadcast announcing the field trip, and where and when it’ll take place. The first class will talk about the ground rules and where we’re headed, while period four is the actual field trip.
  3. Plan out the route we’ll be taking that day during the first period. How far are we going, where we’re heading, etc. I’ll give them a brief rundown on the reasoning behind our field trip, which’ll most likely have something to do with the scenery for an upcoming journalism project I’ll put together.
  4. After the starting period is over with, I’ll move the students down to the graveyard within a few minutes of the second class. Typically I’d have them wait outside, but for this single project alone, I’ll let them venture off into groups to collect photos and take notes. Afterwards, depending on how much time we’ll have left, I may lead them through the forest to finish off their notes. Then back to the classroom we go!
  5. With everything all said and done, I’ll bring the class back over to the classroom and go over what we learned that day. I’d answer any and all questions, whether they’re dumb or not, and give a brief introduction to the next stage of their project. Once the class settles down, I’ll inform them of the date it's due and send them on their way.

Typically for an event like this, I’d have weeks of notes and prior build-up leading to the day it happens, meaning I’d create an entire document in preparation for the field trip.

SCENARIO SECTION

Your character would encounter a group of college jocks surrounding a bobcat jock, what would your character do?
Tojo doesn’t really care for jock shena****ns, considering how he used to befriend all of them when he was younger. Though, despite how he feels towards these well-known individuals, he’d do his ‘sworn’ duty to punish anyone misbehaving. From afar, Yukishige watches the situation - what’s going on, how is it happening? He’d radio to any other faculty that happened to be around, warn them of the situation, before engaging with the group.

It would start with a verbal warning: tell them to knock it off and to back away. If this doesn’t work, for whatever reason, then he’d approach them and announce his presence. Another warning will go out, a threat to send them to detention, which’ll end with them breaking it up. If he came across it again anytime that day, then he’d hand out a detention slip and call it a day.

‘If this doesn’t break up, I’ll send everyone involved to detention - witness or not.’

Your character would be supervising detention, one of the students constantly disturbs by asking stupid questions, what would your character do?
Well, like any other faculty, Tojo would answer their question whether it be stupid or not, a lot of these questions are more common than others. Yukishige is a patient man, so a few annoying questions here and there is something he can tolerate, but if it were to occur over and over again, he’d tell the student to quiet down and focus on their task. Most of the time the students will pipe down and actually listen, but in cases like this scenario, it happens.

A verbal warning will be issued if it happens three or more times, and then from there, Tojo will threaten them with SLT and take it even further if things escalate. Otherwise, he’d simply ignore them until they leave or have another member of Faculty take over.

Your character would be hosting a class, and a group of cheerleaders keeps on playing songs on the phone and calling out other students in the class, what would your character do?
To begin, Tojo would tell the students to turn it off. Typically, he wouldn’t have to stop teaching just to issue out their ignorance, but instead he’d tell them once and breeze past it like it never happened. Though, if it were to recur, he’d remind them to turn it off. If it happens again? Well, he’d warn them with a detention, and inform them that their behavior may land them in. Usually that leads to them piping down, but for whatever reason it doesn’t, he’d begin handing out detention slips to every cheerleader involved, including the ones who hyped them up. Again, for whatever reason it doesn’t work, he’ll discuss further punishment in the detention room.

Your character would be walking on the school perimeter and encounter a fight between a couple of students, your character tried to break it up but it didn't help, what would your character do?
Immediately, he’d have his radio on stand-by. Whenever Tojo patrols the school, he always has his radio in his left hand, and a clipboard in his right - for.. Whatever reason that may be. Upon viewing the fight, he’d radio for any other faculty - SLT included - and try to reach out to the kids with his voice. It’s a shame it didn’t work though, so he’d draw closer, yelling out at the students involved, and spewing threats left and right. At this point, what else could he do? By now, all he could do is wait for other faculty to show up, and the fight to come to an end.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?

Yukishige Tojo hardly stood out amongst any other normal citizen - he is a boring individual. Rooting from Japanese descent, Tojo statured a height of 5’10” with bags housed beneath his dark eyes. A patchy scruff encased his sharp jaw, and with a heavy voice, he could’ve enchanted you with a few words. Despite his prestigious background, he looked rather dead - like everything was torn from him in a heartbeat, except it wasn’t. That’s how strange this man was. There was a single scar on his left ring finger hidden beneath a wedding band. He was quite charming, honestly. I mean, he even shares the same face as his twin sister, Lieutenant Mai Tojo.

Kiki was something else. His sister Mai was a brute, always getting herself dirty and picking on her brother’s bullies, while Yukishige shut himself inside his room - his main distractions were romance novels and horror books. In a way, he was a freakshow - an outcast amongst the rest, and yet he had no care in the world! But why was he so special? He was just a boring kid, right? - Tojo was born to be a mastermind. He had incredible grades, not once failing a class no matter how difficult it was, and by the fourth grade, he was already reading and writing at the college level.

Yukishige was so different compared to the rest; the way he focused on a single project, only to turn it in a week before its due date and ace it. He was born a gifted child, into an even more gifted family of intellects.

As for his students…

He believes in every single one of his students, even the loud, obnoxious teenagers with nothing going for them. With enough motivation, and a reason to work, he knows he can turn them into a stronger, better individual. Despite the evils of the world, his heart goes out to his students that struggle at home, or to the students who don’t have enough in life. He treats them all equally, as one another should, and urges them to do better and better.

Tojo enjoys befriending others, especially those who share the same interest as him. He sees other teachers as a successful, open-minded individual who’ll stop at nothing to educate their students.Yukishige knows the stress they may be put under in order to supply their students with lengthy lessons and worthy notes, so that’s why he holds every teacher close to his heart. - If it helps the kids, it’ll please him.

Yukishige’s good with his words. Hell, he might be even too good. - He’s a charismatic, influential man of Japanese origins with a passion for teaching. His heart is pure of gold, he could tell no lie; only the truth tore through his lips. If you bundled trust, loyalty, and love into one bag, you’d be left with Tojo. Would you take creativity as one? His mind is a working machine capable of producing and creating its own lifestyle, which leads onto his plans for the future.

His entire goal is to teach and help better the community by providing a fun class environment whilst teaching students an interesting topic. He dreams of scoring big, bigger than he could imagine, and possibly run his own department all because he’s good at what he does. While Yukishige isn’t perfect, he’s aiming straight up and giving it his all. - Oh, and maybe he’d like to have his own family someday, considering he wishes to continue the Tojo family legacy. That’s up to him, though.

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and their previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended.
Make sure this is over 100 words.
(I put it in a backstory.)

Well, it happened again.

The Tojo family was ‘gifted’ a fortunate pair of twins; Yukishige was born two minutes before his twin sister was, deeming him the oldest of the pair. They were born in their current hometown of Karakura, Japan, where their imperial family takes control of the city’s government. Against all odds, these two share a remarkable story - and this is that.

The Tojo Clowns and Their Adventure

February 16, 1994 - 5:27 P.M. | Karakura, Japan

Bright, starry lights flicker upon the ceiling of the hospital. There was absolutely nothing interesting going on; a mother was holding her two innocent newborns, whilst the father stood over watching. Everything seemed normal - the leaves dangling off the trees in the distance blew at exactly 11 km/h, and the sky, well, had only a few clouds drifting around. It was so beautiful, yet so terrifying at the same time.

The kids grew up together, spending every bit of their day playing with their toys, or digging up dirt at the playground. They were the real life representation of what a sibling’s love could do to another. Despite being twins, and practically sharing the same interests as one another, Mai, the lady twin, was far more ‘superior’ than Yukishige, the boy. By the age of five, she had managed to find herself up a massive tree, or beneath a pile of dirt, while her brother sat from afar with his nose stuck in the corner. Yukishige and Mai Tojo had two completely different personalities.

Even though fate happened to not favor the two, they had one another’s back. Mai defended her brother against his bullies, and Yukishige helped her with her school work. By the age of 9, they both found what they were interested in. Mai, the more ‘brute’ like of the two, dreamt of serving her country in one way or another, so the police force was her best option. However, Yukishige wanted to focus more on veterinarian work, instead of risking his life daily.

Oh, but he was wrong. It was sad.

Before they knew it, the twins were growing up and reached high school, which inevitably impacted Yukishige’s life in a major way. They were both somewhat closed in and shy, though were highly popular due to their social status and how much money they had - and no, the bullying never stopped. As time went on, Yukishige’s patient for animal safety made the top of his priority list, even going as far as to extending his status outside of school and home, and actually getting out there and learning it hands on. Some called him a freak, some called him a loser, but deep down he knew he had something going for him.

And so he studied.

Seventeen

How interesting he was.

It was roughly that time for them to grow up, and well, they wanted to do it together.

The air.. It was so cold..

On the night of their seventeenth birthday, Yukishige met the destiny he was adorned with. During a late stroll, Yukishige went his daily route - through the Ochiba forest, then wrapped around the graveyard, and so on. The night called out to the peculiar little one - trees rustled in the distance at a fast trance, and for a moment, he felt ancient eyes glaring down upon him. It was strange.

Suddenly, shattering the silent glass that held this world in two, Yukishige was lifted off the ground and thrown against a tree located outside the graveyard. Ironic, isn’t it? With little to no time to react, Yukishige was stunned, immobilized at the sudden lurch, yet intrigued with his latest discovery. At first he made it out to be a hurricane, as these were common in this part of Japan, but without another drift in sight, Tojo ruled it out to be a kami. That’s when he grew bored of his passion for hospital work, and later settled on writing about the evils of this world.

Instead of going to college with Mai, where they planned on studying together despite having two different career paths, Yukishige fled Karakura, Japan shortly after he graduated from high school. He found himself adjusted in a small apartment off the campus of the University of Tokyo, where he befriended a lady he met at the bar. Tsumugi Saemonsaburo was a shorter, less prestigious Japanese lady with a passion for agriculture and health. Instantly, the pair clicked and begun going out shortly after his 19th birthday.

Yukishige continued to study heavily at campus, and helped out alongside Saemonsaburo with her gardening home if he wasn’t at school. Thankfully, due to his extreme wealth from his time in Karakura, his tuition was nearly paid off - all he had to do was complete his eight years at college. Of course this was a struggle for the man.

He missed his family; he missed Mai, who was away at college studying for her future career. They often mailed each other, and if they were lucky enough, had the time to call for 30 minutes and talk about whatever came to mind. Whether that be their current studies, or how life was far more simple as a child compared to their early 20s. Seeing how successful she already was, that drove Yukishige to work even harder. He picked up multiple side jobs, usually writing for the local newspaper or pouring coffee down at the local shop, so he had no free time. Eventually, this drove him mad and he became obsessed with wanting to be ‘picture perfect.’

That was another mistake he made.

Another Relentless Soul

Before he knew it, Yukishige was out in town flexing his first degree. Some found it a boring major - who on Earth would spend their time focusing on a Bachelor’s in English? This guy, obviously.

While he was far too young to begin officially teaching, he set aside those old jobs and picked up a small part-time gig at the campus he was studying at as a teacher’s assistant. Right after his lectures, he was off to help his professors prepare their lessons, organize notes, and all the good things in between. Then, once he’s finished for the day, off to Tsumugi’s place he goes for the rest of the day. This became his everyday life while he battled against his sister in a formal way, even if she didn't know.

Mai Tojo was midway through her college life, much like her twin, and was nearly on her way to the academy. Feeling left out and abandoned, Yukishige only wanted to prove to her what he was capable of, and so he kept going. Within a few more years, he found himself scoring another degree - but where was he interested in the most, and why exactly did he work this hard for a degree, if he had nothing in mind?

Shortly after he finished college, he seeked a job opportunity at the University of Tokyo - ironically enough, it was where he first resided during his studies. By now, after a lengthy eight years of dating, he proposed to Tsumugi Saemonsaburo and the two were happily married in his hometown: Karakura, Japan, where they live together in luxury.

1 - PERSONAL DATA

Full Name:
Tojo Yukishige, Last name, First
(Yukishige Tojo)

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr.
(Mister)

Given Name(s):
Kiki. Sure it’s a bit funny, but his best friend gave him that when they were growing up. Now they’re married, of course.

Preferred Name:
Either Yuki or Yukishige. Sometimes Kiki if you’re lucky.

Gender & pronouns:
Male - He/Him

Religious Denomination:
He studied shintoism for a while, though he never paid enough attention to it and eventually grew bored of the religion.

Marital Status:
Married to his best friend and soulmate, Tsumugi Saemonsaburou.

Nationality:
Japanase

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):
‘Two years - back in Tokyo when I had studied away from home.’

Working Experience (# of years):
Six

Academic Degree:
‘I spent four years of my college life studying away at the University of Tokyo, where I completed a Bachelor’s in English. After that, I moved away yet again to complete another bachelors in Literature at Tohoku University, Sendai, Miyagi in the Tōhoku Region, Japan.’

Year of Graduation:
2021, right after his 27th birthday.

Major(s):
A Japanese Bachelor’s degree in English
A Japanese Bachelor’s degree in Literature - ironic enough.

Minors:
‘Currently nothing, though I may get into journalism soon.’

Native Languages:
Japanese

Other Languages:
Jin, Latin

Preferred Teaching Subject:
Gothic Literature, aforementioned. Though, anything related could work.

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):

I apologize if the backstory seemed boring, I ran out of ideas icl

MuffinCat

Level 78
Administrator
Professor Lead
Authorization Team
MuffinCat
MuffinCat
Rich
Accepted!
Congratulations, please make sure you're in the Karakura Academics discord, and ping me in #help (@muffincats) to receive your role. You can request your role in game by making a ticket. If you are not in the discord please make sure to join https://discord.gg/xQBHzyNE4Y

Users who are viewing this thread