diskou
diskou
Omega
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

JEZINKY

Previous bans:
In April 2020, while I was very new to the server and unfamiliar with the rules, I was given a one month ban. The ban was absolutely justified and I have since become familiar with the rules and I have not had any subsequent bans.

Describe your activity on the server?:
I initially joined SchoolRP in March 2020 and maintained fairly stable activity until spring of 2022. During that time I had assumed many jobs on the server, including psychiatrist twice, student council, KPD, and teacher. In spring 2022 I had chosen to take a step back from SchoolRP to focus on my transition into university, but now that I am settled, I am confident I can devote large amounts of my time to the job and I am prepared to become very active again. I have recently started university, studying psychology, and attending my classes have re-invigorated my passion for psychology, so I am seeking to find a practical application of what I have learned, meaning I am willing to devote plenty of time to my position going forward.

Which timezone are you in?:
MST (GMT-7)

Do you have discord? If so what is your tag?:
anders!#4274

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes I do

List your current and past applications:

Psychiatrist Application [Accepted]
English Teacher [Accepted]
Psychiatrist (Return) [Accepted]
High School Council [Accepted]
Shopkeeper [Denied]
Police [Denied]
Reporter [Accepted]
Police [Accepted]

What experiences do you have with Detail RP?:
I have a lot of experience with DetailRP throughout my time on SchoolRP. Because I have had several years of activity on SchoolRP, I have been given ample opportunities to practice and improve my DetailRP abilities and have become quite capable of constructing detailed and in-depth actions. Because I was already a psychiatrist twice, I am especially familiar with creating DetailRP messages that are relevant to the job. I have had a lot of practice with depicting body language, tone of voice, and subtle actions that help contribute to a more immersive roleplaying experience for patients. Additionally, because I was in EMS during the brief period where psychiatrists were merged with the former nurse role, I am also familiar with creating detailed messages related to the duties nurses carried. I still remember how to describe casting, suturing, treating minor injuries, giving injections, and assisting doctors. Outside of an EMS setting, I also pay close attention to how I can characterize my characters through describing their actions. I put a lot of care and attention into my actions because I believe it is important for the roleplay experience to be able to understand a character’s feelings and emotions through body language. I will always be a staunch user of DetailRP and EMS is a great opportunity to utilize what I know about DetailRP in addition to learning more.

What is your motivation to apply for EMS and how will you benefit our current team?:
I have several reasons for applying to join EMS again, all of which have been very consistent for a while. First and foremost, I genuinely enjoyed all aspects of my job when I was a psychiatrist. I genuinely enjoyed all aspects of roleplaying as a psychiatrist and found it incredibly rewarding. In university, I am studying psychology, with a career goal to work as a clinical psychologist or the******, so roleplaying as a psychiatrist provides myself with a unique opportunity to apply what I learn in class and use it in a way that benefits other people’s roleplaying experience. As things stand now, I have the most free time I have had in a long time, and I am willing to devote substantial amounts of time to participate in the job. Additionally, despite my timezone, I actually find myself having ample free time during hours that people that have timezones in the Asia-Pacific area in addition to North American time zones. I want to be able to fulfill large amounts of appointments, which are notoriously difficult to fulfill, and give a quality experience. Since I have been a psychiatrist twice, and as a result undergone training twice, I am also relatively familiar with the job, so I may require less training time. I miss getting to play as a psychiatrist, apply what I learn in class, and being able to develop personal connections with other members of the EMS team. Additionally, I want to be able to give larger contributions to the EMS team, specifically to psychiatrists. I want to be more prevalent in the team than I was in my previous two excursions as psychiatrists and I want to be able to spread what I learn in my classes to other people on the psych team. I feel significantly more ambitious and productive than I have in the past, so I fully plan on being a very active member of the team.

Which medical role are you applying for? (e.g: Surgeon, Doctor, Psychiatrist):
Psychiatrist

Specify your knowledge for the role you’re applying for:
Psychiatrists are primarily responsible for accommodating the mental aspect of personal health. While surgeons and doctors attend to physical aspects of health, attending to illness, injury, and other health related difficulties, psychiatrists assume the vital role of addressing all issues related to mental health. On the surface level, the primary objectives of psychiatrists are to diagnose mental disorders, address all mental health concerns, and conduct study on the human mind. Psychiatrists also provide patients with mental health counseling and prescribe medications that treat mental ailments. A common misconception is that Psychiatrists address a limited number of problems related to their field, but they are actually responsible for anything and everything that exists in relation to the mind and psyche.

Categorize all the functions of the EMS and tell us what each of them does:
Hospital Director: Essentially the “big boss” or leader of the hospital. This individual is the primary leader of all operations within the hospital, and oversees all other members of staff. This person is highly skilled and experienced and keeps the show running, so to speak.

Clinical Manager: The second-in-command for the hospital. This person also oversees all people below them and is highly involved in the operations of the hospital.

Clinical Lead: These are the three individuals that oversee specific departments. These people are highly specialized in their fields but are also often trained in other fields as well. These are people who have worked within their field for an especially long period of time and are some of the most knowledgeable members of their field.

Head of Department: The three individuals that serve as the second-in-command for their respective clinical leads. These are highly respected, intelligent members of the hierarchy and may be highly involved in training procedures in addition to assisting in the management of their respective departments.

Psychiatrist: The individuals who specialize in the mental side of health. They offer therapy, give diagnoses, prescribe medication, and may also engage in treating minor injuries. These are also the people responsible for managing mental health crises that may come in via telephone.

Doctor: Doctors are primarily liable for treating injuries, prescribing certain medication, managing and treating illness, and assisting in general care. Doctors have the greatest number of tasks because of the general nature of their field, and are highly important.

Surgeon: Surgeons are the primary provider of diagnosing and treating certain physical injuries. As the name implies, they carry out surgeries, but also engage in other intense operations that may be outside of the other department’s specializations.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Absolutely, it is my responsibility to ensure I meet the expectations of my job.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Absolutely, anything else would be a conflict of interest.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorized to attend or you will be punished?
Absolutely, training is vital.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes, the separation between IC and OOC situations are important in all aspects of SchoolRP.

In-Character (IC) Section

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us about your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Soma So is a relatively unremarkable middle aged man, though somehow, his average appearance serves as the trait that distinguishes himself from others. He looks almost precisely his age, with a fair amount of wrinkles located on his face. He hails from a strictly homogeneous origin, being completely Japanese, these features being recognizable in his appearance. His hair is relatively thick, and while naturally black, has, of course, experienced a fair amount of graying. His almond shaped eyes sported brown irises, yet another example of his completely unremarkable appearance. His height, which saw him standing at a, once again, completely unremarkable 5’8, served as neither a blessing nor a curse for himself. He sported a perfectly lanky build, perhaps proof he was unfamiliar with the gym, but maintained a healthy diet. He always spoke in a soft, soothing voice; stereotypical of someone within his professional field. In general, Soma So is essentially the absolute average, the most standard appearing person.

What are they like on and off the job?
Soma So is the number one appreciator of the “little things” in life. He is a simple man, who not only lives a simple life, but takes pride in his simplicity. He enjoys his morning routine, takes pride in his ability to maintain his circadian rhythm, and finds significant pleasure in taking a quiet lunch break amidst the chaos of his work. He genuinely puts his heart and soul into his job, however draining it can be sometimes, and takes his passion with him everywhere he goes. He is genuinely working his personal dream job and his positive attitude is present in the work he does. Soma So is a somewhat humble, timid man, so outside of the workplace, he is often home or running errands. He is not necessarily the most social person, but he is content with that, he is happy, and wants to maintain his positive situation. When it comes to the five factor model, Soma So scored highly on openness to experiences, conscientiousness, and agreeableness, while scoring mid-range in extraversion, and very low in neuroticism, meaning those who come in contact with him will often consider Soma a likable, but relatively quiet and non-expressive individual.

Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?
While being rather introverted, Soma So is also a major appreciator of human-on-human connections. Having a background in psychology, he is well aware of the benefits that come with making wide numbers of connections, so he often goes out of his way to be social with his coworkers whenever the opportunity arises. Despite his usual calm and collected nature, he placed significant value on human connection. At his age, Soma So tends to think in the present tense as opposed to the future, believing he has achieved his final goal and fully plans to continue working in his field the remainder of his career. He is content, and he is happy with how his life is going, though, despite his humble nature, he holds a somewhat secret longing to rise the ranks, and be able to be seen in a high regard.

Does your character have any past / current mental and or physical illnesses we should take acknowledgment to?
Soma So has Eosinophilic Esophagitis, though the condition has no relevance to his work and has never been an issue.

BACKSTORY
Consistent with his unremarkable appearance, his upbringing is equally standard and unremarkable. Being born outside of Tokyo on the 20th of December, 1971 to a comfortable middle-class family, Soma So had the entire world at his disposal from the very beginning. As a child, he often engaged in typical behaviors of a young boy. His parents often raved about his easy temperament and secure attachment style, which made him a relatively easy child to raise. As he entered childhood and began functioning as his own individual, his easy temperament remained a core aspect of his personality. During adolescence, Soma found himself taking an interest in insects, baseball, and human beings. Throughout secondary school, Soma often opted to take electives that delved into social and physical sciences, being notably talented when it came to biology and anthropology. While certainly prevalent in his life, psychology was not necessarily an aspect of the social sciences that Soma considered, and as he began university, his begree was initially solely biology.
His first semester of university, however, proved to be the most formative months of his life, completely changing the trajectory of his career. In order to fulfill a general studies credit, Soma enrolled in an intro to Psychology class, a class he considered to be a blow-off course that he could easily achieve a desirable grade in. This blow-off course, however, proved to be among his favorites. Soma never missed a single lecture, and realizing the practical application of the course material in his daily life, developed a passion in the field. Eventually, as the first semester concluded, Soma took a risk, diving off the deep end, and adding a psychology degree in addition to his biology degree. Throughout university, Soma So managed to maintain high marks in both his biology and psychology classes, despite the increased workload. Following four years at university, Soma So graduated within the top fifty of his class, certainly an impressive feat, but far from the most impressive – a theme very much consistent with his average nature.
After graduating from university, Soma So found himself forced to decide the trajectory of his life. After much deliberation, Soma chose to delay his decision, and attend an additional three years of university to gain his masters degree! Soma opted to pursue a graduate degree in psychology, choosing to use his background in biology as a means to get into medical school. For Soma, completing his master’s degree proved more difficult than completing his bachelor’s, encouraging him to push himself, with a primary goal of becoming the valedictorian of his class. After three years, Soma did not graduate as valedictorian, but still managed to sit comfortably in the top twenty of his graduating class - not bad. Finally, Soma was forced to enter the real world, but only partially. Soma commenced his professional career by working as a school counselor for a local high school while continuing to be a doctoral student. Following three somewhat exhausting years in school counseling, Soma moved on to working as a the******, intended to be a temporary solution as he completed his dissertation. After eight months of working as a the******, Soma had finally completed and defended his dissertation, earning himself a PhD in Psychology.
Reaching the verdict that working as a the****** was rewarding on its own, Soma continued to work as a the****** for ten more years, eventually upgrading to a clinical psychologist, specializing in the diagnosis of personality disorders. In line with Soma’s average nature, after several years of working as a clinical psychologist, he finally ascended the ranks of the clinical world, and began work as a psychiatrist, the job position he continues to hold to the present day.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Characters Full Name:

Soma So

Characters Title (e.g, Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Mr./Dr.

Characters Given Name(s):
Soma So

Characters Preferred Name:
Soma So

Characters Age:

Characters Gender:
Male

Characters Religious Domination:
Agnostic

Characters Marital Status:
Single, twice divorced

Characters Nationality:
Japanese

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of Residency:

Working Experience(s):
High school counselor - 3 years total
The******, specializing in abnormal psychology - 11 years total
Clinical psychologist - 6 years total
Psychiatrist - 5 years total, current job

Academic Degree:
BS Psychology
BS Biology
MS Psychology
PhD Psychology

Year of Graduation:
Undergraduate: 1993
Masters: 1996
Doctoral: 2000

Major(s):
Psychology
Biology

Minor(s):
Family and Human Development
Sociology

Native Languages:
Japanese

Other Languages:
Mandarin

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 230
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED
We appreciate your interest in the Hospital Faction, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reason(s):

- You still seem to be inactive on the server.
We recommend that you apply again at a time when you are able to be active.

Users who are viewing this thread