Accepted Lawyer Application | Hufflepvff

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
PLAYER INFORMATION

In-game Name:
I will be applying with the account named Hufflepvff.
Other Accounts:
Ravenclxw (Main Account, Student Council)
Slyth3r1n (Highschool Account)
Gryffind0r (Reporter Account)
Hufflepvff (Account I’m applying with)

Previous bans (include appeal links):
I had 1 temporary ban in 2017 for spamming. Since then I’ve received no bans.

Discord Tag:
srgh

Do you have a working microphone?:
No, as speaking in VCs are currently outside my comfort zone. However, I may join VCs and listen to them when needed.

Timezone & Country:
I’m in North America and my timezone is CST.

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):
These will only include faction and community team applications. I will be keeping my authorization and language applications out.

Describe your activity on the server:
As someone who has been a part of the SRP community since 2016, I can say that my activity is highly great. Now I do have an outside life of SRP as I believe everyone has that. I do know that in August I will begin University and that may affect my activity on the server. However, if I have nothing interfering with my day I can be on the server for about 4-13 hours a day depending on how I feel. Throughout my years I’ve been in several factions, and you probably know from the applications I provided above. Which also shows how well my activity is. Overall, I can say I’m a great active player in the community.

APPLICATION INFORMATION

What position are you applying for?:

Lawyer

What is your motivation for applying?:
A little over a year ago I was in the Government faction as a Governor. Throughout my time within the faction, I enjoyed it as a Governor even if it was boring sometimes. I do know over the past year the Government faction has probably changed. I’d like to rejoin the faction but in a different area, as a Lawyer. I feel like being a Lawyer in the faction is interesting to me. Plus, it’d give me a new roleplay experience and actually learn things about being a Lawyer. I know I don’t have any knowledge of being a Lawyer. What I do know is that a Lawyer acts like a detective in a way, trying to gather information and evidence for your client to prove to the Judges that they are innocent. Being a Lawyer is a competitive role because you are trying to convince the Judges and prove to them that your client is innocent. While the other party is trying to prove to the Judges that your client is guilty. It's quite interesting to me. The Lawyer position also gives me KPD vibes because like I mentioned earlier you’re like a detective and such. Overall, my motivation for applying is to rejoin the faction but in a different area, learn new things, and obtain experience.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
Yes, I have an understanding of Karakura’s Laws and Constitutional rights.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
My character personally, they are returning to Karakura after leaving for a few years. Their goal is to help the community as much as possible. I want them to be involved with the community, be well-known for their role, and overall get connected with everyone. I want my character to be that person where everyone says “Hey, get this Lawyer. They do their job amazing and win most cases.” I want my character to be dedicated to this role and get those kinds of comments.

Now for me personally, as you know I was in the Government faction a year ago as a Governor. My goals are quite simple, I want to learn as much as possible in the Lawyer role. I want to gain experience in this role. However, I want to enjoy it as well and I believe I will.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
In my motivational answer, I describe a few things that Lawyers do. However, I’ll mention them here again. As a Lawyer, it is your job to help your client at all costs. Your goal is to get your client to be seen as innocent and win the case. You are to gather as much information as possible this includes documents, videotapes, messages, and anything you can think of. You act like a detective in a way but not exactly. Being a Lawyer is a hard-working dedicated job and very competitive. You are to convince the Judges that your client is the innocent one while the other party's client is guilty. However, being a Lawyer is not just arguing in cases on why your client is innocent and the other client is guilty. There are other types of Lawyers such as Business Lawyers, this role is to help businesses make sure everything is in place and nothing bad is happening. They can also help businesses from being shut down by other businesses that might sue. Another type of Lawyer is the Family Lawyer. These Lawyers help married couples to finalize divorce papers or custody of their children. There are many other types of Lawyers that will come in handy during this position it is not just about going to court and proving your client is innocent.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
Yes, I understand that I can be removed from my position at any given time.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
Yes, I understand that I am expected to dedicate my position upon being accepted.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
Yes, I understand that if I show an OOC bias towards anyone on the job I may receive punishment.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
Yes, I have read and I agree to follow the Government Faction rules.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
Down below I'll include my University schedule. All times will be in CST. If I don't have any other activities interfering with my schedule after classes then I should be able to attend meetings and events.
This schedule begins August 17th
MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAY
12:00-12:50 PM CLASS12:00-12:50 PM CLASS12:00-12:50 PM CLASS9:30-10:45 AM CLASS12:00-12:50 PM CLASS
1:00-2:15 PM CLASS1:30-2:45 PM CLASS1:00-2:15 PM CLASS12:00-1:15 PM CLASS1 PM- ??? FREE
2:30-3:45 PM CLASS3:00-5:50 PM CLASS2:30-3:45 PM CLASS1:30-2:45 PM CLASS
4 PM- ??? FREE6 PM- ??? FREE4 PM- ??? FREE3 PM- ??? FREE

IN CHARACTER SECTION

Full name:

Rowan Mensah

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
Ms. Rowan

Current age:

Date of birth:
August 6th

Academic Degree:
Masters Degree

Major(s):
Criminal Justice

Minor(s):
Political Science

Work experience:
After leaving Karakura from being a Librarian for several months, Rowan headed back to her hometown in Hanibara. Rowan stayed in Hanibara for several years, during this time she found a new field that caught her interest, a lawyer. Rowan would go back to school to pursue being a Lawyer. She majored in Criminal Justice and had a minor in Political Science, and graduated with a Masters Degree. After getting her degree Rowan began her Lawyer career in Hanibara. She’d win most cases for her clients, deal with businesses, help with families, and much more. Being in the Lawyer field for 4 years in Hanibara, Rowan decided it was time to go somewhere new. Then it hit her, why not head back to Karakura? Karakura was known for its high crime rates and its own problems. This would be the perfect chance for Rowan. Packing her things and booking a flight to Karakura, Rowan left Hanibara for her new chapter. She headed to the Town Hall in Karakura and filled out a Lawyer application.

Political background:
Rowan really doesn’t think there’s a side she needs to be on. Her political view is very equal and neutral. She believes that being biased is heavily rude and it isn’t necessary. However, Rowan knows that upholding a good reputation and respecting everyone’s opinions is very good. Overall, Rowan would rather decide to stay neutral in her political view than be on a side and argue about how that side is much better than the other side. She believes splitting up political views is not needed. Instead bringing everyone together would make the political view more friendly, but she knows that will never happen.

Nationality & born location:
Ghanaian/Asian
Hanibara, Japan

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
Akan, Japanese

Criminal record:
Clean.

What makes you a good candidate for this job?
I don’t know what would separate me from the others on why I am a good candidate for the job. I do know that I will be dedicated to taking on this role and helping Karakura as much as possible. I know I’m a hard worker and I do get along well with others. However, me returning to Karakura and seeing there is no change in the crime rate. I believe taking on the Lawyer position will give me great hope and motivation to do my best to help bring as much change as possible. Even if it's not a lot, it will still be changing. I, Rowan Mensah, am ready to take on this role and uphold a good reputation for the Karakura Government.

I thank you for taking the time to read my application. I wish all the other applicants good luck. If you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to DM me via Discord. Have a great day.

Last edited:

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
ACCEPTED

After careful discussion with the Higher Ups of the faction, we've decided to accept you:

Please contact me on Discord, @Zaldoria to start the process and get you set !

Welcome to the Government Faction !

Users who are viewing this thread