Omega+
1727986775297.png

1727986926574.png
In-game Name:
sunsetskies_

Discord Tag:
sunsetskies_

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes, I do have a working microphone. Sometimes I may not speak if I’m dealing with an IC situation such as attending meetings or trials in case I get distracted so please do bare with me in those situations.

Timezone & Country:
BST - Heading into GMT at the end of october, in the United Kingdom

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity is up and down, It depends on the day and time. I’ve posted below my ‘timetable’ even though it looks simple, it depends if i have IRL factors to bring into consideration. That doesn’t include college. I am active up to 6 hours a day, even though that's just on discord alone. My most inactive days are considered my educational days, which is where I’ll be inactive until 6pm onwards. These days are Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. All the other days I am free usually from 12-1pm onwards, depending if I have any last minute plans!

1727986907996.png
What position are you applying for?:
The Lawyer position

What is your motivation for applying?:
After leaving the position two years back, I’ve wanted to re-apply to be a part of the government faction again. I took some time and explored other factions, and for the last few months, I’ve been motivated to re-apply and waited for a larger amount of slots to open to attempt. I was in Government before and heavily enjoyed it; being a part of KPD made me interact with the Town a bit more; the insight of what was going on in town led me to be more interested, and I enjoy dealing with situations that help people ICly! Such as Criminals or people filing lawsuits. Another motivation was to join more roleplaying opportunities too.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
Yes, I do have understanding of the Karakura Laws and Constitutional rights due to the fact I was KPD beforehand as well as being Judge before within the faction. I usually have it on another tab to refer to if necessary.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
Dalisays goals are small and big, she wants to be able to build a client base and support those who need it. She wants to help serve justice quicker to those who are asking for help with it. Dalisay has always been about justice and innocent until proven guilty, if she knows they are guilty, she will bluntly tell them that, however, if she can see that they are innocent and being framed for the crimes, she will help them to the best of her ability with the situation, reminding them they are not alone. Her goal overall. Her goals since a young kid was to always remain in law, even it wasn’t physical, she wanted to help and support those in need, advice or action.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
The Lawyer position has a few different Jobs within the faction. It has changed since I was last within the Government but nothing was taken away. This is what I know that is in store for me If I were to be accepted into the position.

Attorney calls/meetings - Attorney calls could be to KPD to deal with someone whos been arrested and requested a Lawyer or having a meeting with the client to gather evidence, give advice or even prevent them from incriminating themselves if they are being questioned as well as to prepare them for what could potentially happen next which is court or accepting a plea deal, etc. The meetings will help the Lawyer tend to the Client to make sure things go as smoothly as possible too.

Attending trials
- Attorneys attend trials as a defense or prosecution. This means they’ll either defend the defendant or defend the prosecution (Person suing). They will give opening statements, normal statements, evidence and then closing statements before a judge and jury decide the verdict of the trial.

Restraining orders - Restraining orders is to prevent another person from going near the one who ordered the restraining order against them. The lawyer will take the client to an office before gathering the necessary evidence. Evidence could be such as an arrest, medical log, report to KPD or their own given evidence they have collected themselves which then the Lawyer will grant the restraining order and send the copy to the indivital that it’s been requested on.

Front Desk - Front desk is the most basic and easiest duty of the Lawyers, they can wait at the desk and do IDs for Civilians who come in, give basic advice or even if clients request a meeting for a restraining order or future case they are able to be there and accessed easier by the members of public.

Another thing that can happen when being a lawyer, that isn’t really a duty but more of a helpful thing for a lawyer's reputation etc, this is starting a reputation with clients, making them feel welcome and wanting to continue to come to you for advice or future trials, in essence building a client list to show how reliable you are to the civilians! Client base is always a good thing for Lawyers.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
I do acknowledge that once accepted in, I could be removed at any given time.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
I do understand that I am expected to be dedicated to the position when accepted, and will be dedicated if accepted.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
I’ve been made aware of the rules regarding OOC bias and it could result in further punishment if not a removal from the faction if I were to display any forms of OOC bias towards an IC case/situation.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
I have read the Government Faction rules and agree to them completely, they are in place for a reason.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
I will be able to attend weekly meetings and events as long as it is within the time I am free, unless something last minute comes up with the Town Lead will be informed on as soon as I’m made aware.

1727987086027.png
Full name:
Dalisay Valencia

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):

Miss

Current age:

Date of birth:
April 22, 1996

Academic Degree:
“I went to my local highschool off the coast to where I lived and passed the highschool years, I then went onto college to complete a lower grade of Religious studies and Criminal psychology before moving out of town to head to University to get my Masters in Criminology and Law before eventually going into the field.”

Major(s):
Criminology
Law and Justice

Minor(s):
Religious Studies
Criminal psychology

Work experience:
“I’ve had months of experience in the field working along the side of the Karakura Police Department, gaining an understanding of how things work on the physical side of things, I also did some work experience back in university and college, I worked along the side at the station as a government funded attorney to gain some experience. Once my qualifications were passed I moved to Karakura for the rest of my career or so I thought. I resigned after some time and moved back home to be an Attorney for the local town which gave me more experience and understanding. I then transferred to Tokyo to do some more work closer to Karakura but not within, I became an attorney for a company and gained more experience through them.”

Nationality & born location:
“I was born on the south east coast of the Philippines and I am Filipino”

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
Japanese, Filipino and Chinese

Criminal record:
“My Criminal record is super clean, not even being fined for anything.”

What makes you a good candidate for this job?
“I believe I am a good candidate for this job because I have a solid understanding of the Karakura Law and Constitution. This is due to my previous job at the Karakura Police Department, having to deal with these situations endlessly. I have more hands-on experience than most and believe I’m also hard-working and determined to solve situations such as problem-solving. I also work heavily under pressure, I have the social skills that would make it easier for me to work flawlessly.
This occurred due to the training that I underwent during my time at the KPD as a Sergeant, since problem-solving and working under pressure to resolve issues was one of the main aspects. I also have good leadership skills as well. I know what to say in the right or wrong situation, defusing things to make the other party understand as well as knowledgeable research skills.”​

1727987582339.png

Users who are viewing this thread