Level 10
Jovanist
Jovanist
Omega+
PLAYER INFORMATION

In-game Name:

Jovahnist

Previous bans (include appeal links):

I was banned somewhere over three years ago, for making an inappropriate joke. I was banned for ERP, and was banned for one week I believe.

Discord Tag:

Jovanist#7766

Do you have a working microphone?:

Yes, and I am fully comfortable with using it.

Timezone & Country:

MST, US

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):

Describe your activity on the server:

Jovanist:

On my college account, I involve myself in the delinquentRP scene. I focus on rich storytelling and character development, emphasizing the intricacies of your character's personality and their interactions with others. Rather than relying on the rolling system, I prioritize engaging roleplay scenarios and collaborative storytelling, on a strictly p2l basis.

As a delinquent college character, I engage in various roleplaying situations that revolve around my character’s rebellious nature. I usually find myself going against the “norms” of Karakura (as far as schooling goes), or engaging in confrontations with rivals or authority figures. Through creative roleplaying, I explore the challenges and consequences that arise from having a problematic character.

Jovawnist:

On my adult account, I participate in Family RP, where the focus lies on realistic portrayals of family dynamics and everyday life. You spend time with my ic husband and take care of my ic daughter, with an emphasis the emotional bonds and that come with being part of a family.

As an adult character engaged in Family RP, my time is dedicated to the relationships of my IC family. Some activities I might find myself engaging in are, scenarios that involve family outings, household chores, shared meals, or important family discussions. Through SRP, I am able to explore the fun and complexities of family life, building expanding connections with th

While my college character leans towards delinquentRP, with a focus on storytelling and character development, my adult character embraces the responsibilities and dynamics of a family, letting me experience the familial relationships and everyday life of being a pops. These contrasting experiences allow me to explore a wide range of roleplaying opportunities and exercise different aspects of my creativity aswell asimagination.

APPLICATION INFORMATION

What position are you applying for?:

Lawyer

What is your motivation for applying?:

The role of a lawyer presents an incredible opportunity for engaging roleplay experiences that delve into the intricacies of the law, negotiation, and the pursuit of justice. I’m interested in immersmyself in the captivating world of legal drama and complex courtroom narratives

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:

Fineable Offenses
The following offenses are minor crimes that do not typically result in jail time or a criminal record, unless a fine goes unpaid

Loitering: Remaining on private property beyond the permitted time.
Jaywalking: Crossing or standing in a roadway without using a marked crosswalk.
Harassment: Disturbing or harassing an individual against their will, including actions such as blackmailing, verbal abuse, defamation, stalking, chasing, or criminal intimidation.
Illegitimate Possession of Bats/Ballistic masks: Possessing ballistic masks or bats while having a criminal record for felony offenses.
Defamation: Damaging someone else's reputation through slander.
Criminal Intimidation: Making criminal threats, whether verbal, physical, or otherwise, toward a person.7.
Blackmail: Attempting to force someone to take specific actions through threats.
Possession of Un-prescribed Medication: Unlawfully possessing medical items without the required prescription. Crutches, for example, would only be confiscated if the individual can walk properly without them, otherwise, they would be advised to seek a new prescription at the hospital.
Irresponsible Driving: Unlawful driving practices such as driving on the wrong side of the road (right lane) or making unauthorized turns in the middle of a roadway.
Bribery: Attempting to prevent the work of an officer through bribery.
Underage Possession of Alcohol or Smoking Accessories: Possessing alcohol or smoking accessories while below the legal age (20).
Possession of Fake Identification: Possessing forged or tampered government identification.
Disorderly Conduct: Behaving disruptively or disturbingly in public, including neighborhood or apartment complex disturbances with fines specifically for yelling.
Disrespect Toward a Government Official: Acting unlawfully in a disrespectful manner toward an on-duty government official.
Public Intoxication: Being drunk in a public area.
Failure to possess an I.D.: Failing to show one's ID card to a government official when asked, applicable to individuals aged 16 or older.

Motor Vehicle Offenses
These laws fall under the Karakura Motor Vehicle Act (KMVA). Violating them results in a criminal record, jail time, and potential suspension or revocation of driving privileges:

[F] Kidnapping with a Vehicle - 6 Months: Abducting someone against their will and/or holding them captive using a vehicle.
[F] Evasion With a Vehicle - 3 Months: Driving away from law enforcement after being flagged during their duty.
[M] Street Racing - 2 Months: Engaging in illegal auto racing on public roads.

Animal-related Offenses
These laws fall under the Karakura Animal Welfare Act (KAWA) and aim to prevent cruelty and abuse toward animals:

[F] Animal Murder - 12 Months: Intentionally killing any domesticated or wild animals.
[F] Animal Abuse - 4 Months: Physically assaulting an animal.
[M] Illegitimate Possession of an Animal - 2 Months: Abducting an animal not under one's existing ownership.

Minor Crimes
These crimes result in a criminal record and jail time:

[F] Tampering with Government Equipment - 3 Months: Tampering with government equipment or making unauthorized alterations.
[F] Illegal Services - 3 Months: Providing or advertising unlawful services, such as selling alcohol to minors.
[M] Theft/Scamming - 2 Months: Illegally taking another individual's possessions through force, fraud, or other means.
[M] Restraining Order Violation - 2 Months: Violating the terms of an approved restraining order.
[M] Obstruction of Justice - 2 Months: Interfering with police duties by physically or verbally obstructing their work.
[M] False Reporting - 1 Month: Knowingly making a false statement material to a criminal investigation.
[M] Vandalism - 1 Month: Deliberately destroying or damaging public or private property.
[M] Evasion - 1 Month: Escaping from or running from a police officer when instructed to halt or face a wall.
[M] Trespassing - 1 Month: Entering another's private property without permission.
[M] Resisting Arrest - 1 Month: Obstructing, resisting, or delaying a law enforcement officer during their duty.
[M] Misuse of the 110 Hotline - 3 Days: Calling emergency services for non-emergency purposes.

Assault Crimes
These crimes involve offenses related to unconsented instances of assault:

[F] Assault with a Deadly Weapon - 12 Months: Using a lethal weapon on another civilian with the intent to cause major harm.
[F] Assault on a Government Official - 6 Months: Intentionally assaulting a government official (e.g., police, EMS, KT) during the line of duty.
[F] Assault with a Weapon - 6 Months: Using a non-lethal blunt weapon on another civilian with the intent to cause harm.
[F] Kidnapping - 4 Months: Abducting someone against their will and/or holding them captive.
[M] Assault - 2 Months: Actively starting a fight against someone without their consent.

Government Crimes
These offenses relate to town/executive-related matters and require approval from a mayor or trial case:

[F] Tax Evasion - Variable: Intentionally evading taxes after failing to comply with government notices.
[F] Government Corruption - 20 Months: Unauthorized affiliation between a government official and a member of a criminal organization.
[F] Government Misconduct - 6 Months: Intentionally failing to follow government guidelines, training, or duties resulting in harm to someone.
[M] Government Negligence - No Jailtime: Unintentional/intentional failure to follow government guidelines, training, or duties.

Major Crimes
These crimes result in a felonious criminal record and significant jail time:

[F] Weapon Trafficking - 20 Months: Selling or distributing illegal weaponry.
[F] Hostage Taking - 16 Months: Taking a hostage and/or demanding a ransom.
[F] Gang Affiliation - 16 Months: Being part of a group committing illegal services/crimes.
[F] Possession of Illegal Weaponry - 3 Months: Unlawfully possessing illegal weaponry capable of causing extensive harm.
[F] Breaking and Entering - 4 Months: Intentionally damaging private property to gain unauthorized entry.

Murder Crimes
These crimes result in a criminal record, jail time, and may lead to life sentencing or the death penalty:

[F] Capital Murder - LIFE / 40 Months (If attempted): Deliberately killing a government official (e.g., police, hospital staff, governor, mayor).
[F] First Degree Murder - LIFE / 30 Months (If attempted): Pre-planned deliberate killing of another individual.
[F] Second Degree Murder - LIFE / 20 Months (If attempted): Deliberate killing of another individual without pre-planning.
[F] Manslaughter - 16 Months: Killing another individual without intent to kill.
[F] Conspiracy to Commit Murder/Major Injury - 10 Months: Placing hits or ordering third parties to commit murder or major assault on an individual.

Article 1: Safeguarding Human Rights
As denizens of Karakura, the preservation of your human rights is sacrosanct, and these rights shall be equally guaranteed to all citizens.

Article 2: Upholding Freedoms and Rights

The freedoms and rights enshrined in this constitution have been deliberated by the Government of Karakura, and it is incumbent upon government officials to abstain from any abuse of these freedoms and fulfill their duty in upholding these prescribed rights.

Article 3: Dignity and Individuality

Each individual within Karakura shall be treated with dignity and respect, maintaining their unassailable rights to life, happiness, and the pursuit of their own desires, unless such actions impede upon the welfare and safety of the public, which remain our primary concerns.

Article 4: Equality Under the Law

All individuals are recognized as equals under the law, and discrimination based on race, creed, sex, social status, or family origin shall be strictly prohibited.

Article 5: Freedom of Thought and Expression

The freedom of thought, religion, conscience, and speech shall remain inviolable, except in cases where such expression runs afoul of Karakura's laws.

Article 6: Marriage Equality

Marriage shall be founded solely on the mutual consent of both parties, and it shall be upheld through cooperation and mutual rights for all parties involved. Same-sex marriages shall not be subjected to unlawful discrimination.

Article 7: Right to Employment

Every person aged 16 or above shall possess the right to engage in gainful employment and earn a fair wage.

Article 8: Taxation of Economic Entities

Any business, corporation, or establishment that derives income from the local economy shall be subject to taxation in accordance with the laws prescribed.

Article 9: Due Process and Criminal Penalties

No individual shall be deprived of life or liberty, nor shall any other criminal penalty be imposed, except by decision of a jury or when the punishment aligns with the provisions of Karakura's laws.

Article 10: Right to Petition

Every individual shall possess the right to petition for redress of grievances, removal of public officials, enactment, repeal or amendment of laws, ordinances, or regulations, and other matters. No individual shall face discrimination for sponsoring such petitions.

Furthermore, all citizens have the right to be protected from police misconduct. Any unwarranted or excessive use of force by law enforcement officers shall be treated as a felony offense, including instances where law enforcement obstructs or fails to report said misconduct. The same protection extends to instances of EMS worker negligence, where unwarranted or excessive use of force shall result in felony charges against the perpetrator, including law enforcement officers who obstruct or fail to report such misconduct.

Article 11: Right to Dismissal of Public Officials

The people possess an inherent right to dismiss a public official representing them through due process, either in favor of an alternative representative or the opportunity to represent themselves, where applicable.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:

My primary goal is for my character, Tohru, to undergo significant character development as a Lawyer. I aspire for my characters to evolve, both in terms of their skills and mindset, as they navigate the complexities of the LAW.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:

A lawyer is a legal professional who provides advice, drafts legal documents, represents clients in legal proceedings, conducts research, helps resolve disputes, and protects client interests. They guide clients through legal matters, advocate for their rights, and ensure legal compliance.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:

I understand that I may be removed at any given time, and accept that possibility.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:

I understand that dedication is required when receiving a position within the government faction, and intend to be dedicated to the long

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:

I am aware that having OOC bias would serve as a conflict of interest, and vow to not partake in such dealings.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:

I have read the rules thoroughly, and

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:

My schedule is decently open, and I would be able to manage my time to attend weekly meetings, as well as potential events.

IN CHARACTER SECTION

Full name:

Tohru Matsumoto

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):

Mr.

Current age:

Date of birth:

9/20/87

Male (He/Him)

Academic Degree:

Masters

Major(s):

Criminology

Minor(s):

Political Science, Sociology

Work experience:

Legal Intern

Political background:

During my time as a legal intern, I had the privilege of working at two prominent law firms, where I immersed myself in a wide range of legal matters. I was entrusted with conducting thorough legal research, ****yzing case precedents, and preparing comprehensive briefs under the guidance of experienced attorneys. This hands-on experience not only sharpened my research and ****ytical abilities but also exposed me to diverse areas of law, including contract law, intellectual property rights, and corporate litigation.

One of the most rewarding aspects of my internships was the opportunity to witness firsthand the inner workings of the legal system. I attended court proceedings, ranging from small claims hearings to complex trials, where I observed the strategies employed by seasoned attorneys. These experiences allowed me to witness the art of persuasive argumentation and the importance of thorough preparation in presenting a compelling case.

In addition to my internships, I actively participated in mock trials and moot court competitions throughout my academic journey. These simulated courtroom experiences proved to be invaluable in developing my advocacy skills and enhancing my ability to think on my feet. Engaging in mock trials required me to meticulously ****yze case law, construct persuasive arguments, and present them convincingly before judges and panels of legal professionals. The feedback I received from these experiences helped me refine my courtroom presence and effective communication techniques.

Furthermore, participating in mock trials taught me the importance of teamwork and collaboration in the legal field. Working alongside my peers, I learned the significance of sharing ideas, coordinating strategies, and effectively dividing responsibilities to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients. These experiences fostered a sense of camaraderie and instilled in me the belief that collective effort and collaboration lead to superior results.

Nationality, and location Born

Japanese, Osaka, Japan

Fluent languages (Underline your native):

Japanese, Spanish, JSL

Criminal record:

Clear of any charges.

What makes you a good candidate for this job?

As a highly motivated and dedicated individual, I firmly believe that I would be an excellent candidate for this role. Allow me to outline why I believe my qualifications and skills align perfectly with the requirements of the position.

First and foremost, I possess a solid educational background that has provided me with a strong foundation in the field of law. I have successfully completed my Bachelor's degree in Law, followed by a followed by post-graduate training from a reputable law school. Throughout my academic journey, I consistently demonstrated a commitment to excellence, achieving outstanding grades and actively participating in various legal research projects and moot court competitions.

Furthermore, my experience working in law firms as an intern has equipped me with practical knowledge and invaluable skills. I have had the opportunity to engage in legal research, draft various legal documents, and assist senior attorneys in preparing for trials and hearings. These experiences have honed my ****ytical thinking, attention to detail, and ability to navigate complex legal frameworks effectively.

In addition to my strong academic and practical background, I possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. As a lawyer, the ability to articulate arguments persuasively and convey complex legal concepts in a clear and concise manner is paramount. I have honed these skills through various public speaking engagements, such as presenting legal arguments in moot court competitions and delivering presentations to clients.

Moreover, my interpersonal skills allow me to build strong relationships with clients, colleagues, and stakeholders. I believe that effective collaboration and teamwork are essential for achieving successful outcomes in any legal matter. I thrive in a team environment, valuing diverse perspectives and actively contributing to group discussions to reach the best possible solutions.

Lastly, I possess a strong work ethic and unwavering commitment to upholding ethical standards in the legal profession. I understand the importance of maintaining client confidentiality, acting in the best interest of my clients, and conducting myself with integrity at all times. I am dedicated to staying updated with the latest developments in the legal field, ensuring that I provide the highest quality of service to my clients.

In conclusion, my educational background, practical experience, strong communication skills, interpersonal abilities, and ethical approach to the legal profession make me a well-rounded and exceptional candidate for the lawyer position. I am confident that I would contribute significantly to your firm's success and uphold its reputation for excellence.

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
pendingapplications.png

After discussion with fellow Higher Ups of the Government Faction, we have chosen to place you on pending:
  • Your application is well structured & written, but other applicants stood out more​
  • Once a position opens, you'll be contacted to see if you'd still like to be part of the faction​

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
DENIED

After careful discussion with the Higher Ups of the faction, we have chosen to deny you for the following reasons:

- Plagiarism: Do not use AI to write your application. Due to this you have been blacklisted from applying for the Town faction permanently. If you wish to appeal this please do so in my DMs On discord.​

Users who are viewing this thread